[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: doom.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
Is it good?
>>
Fuck yeah
>>
Mostly. The single player is really really good. Extremely good even. MP and Snapmap are shit, made worse by no modding. Effectively kills any hope of this game being relevant past a week ago.
>>
quite, not amazing but worth playing
>>
Great for the campaign. Don't play it for anything else.
>>
>>340853974
I believe ID are going to overhaul the multiplayer, to a certain extent.
>>
Best single player game I've ever played

Multiplayer and snapnap are meh
>>
Campaign is good. Will probably be reduced a little in the Steam sale in a couple of weeks.
>>
Doom is enjoyable nothing more
>>
Such a shame to hear that the campaign is good while the multiplayer isn't. Is it fixable?
>>
>>340853974
ID are in the process of overhauling the MP themselves.
Gotta sell those season passes somehow.
>>
>Bought this at my local Gamestop
>Cashier kept trying to push Overwatch on me for some bizarre reason

This game is pretty good, honestly the most Metal game currently on the market.

It has some flaws, but the campaign is amazing.

Nightmare is actually hard for once, since enemies are super aggressive and wreck your shit in one or two hits. I don't recommend playing the campaign like that aside from the challenge of it, though.

Also, despite what many say about the game being slow I find it to flow pretty smoothly. Even on MP, which is kinda tacked on, but still mindlessly fun.
>>
>>340854507
>ID
When will faggots learn?
>>
>>340853478
better than ALL the Halo games
>>
This is a pretty good review of the campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw
>>
>>340853478
yes, multiplayer is pretty good too, despite what you might hear from people who havent played
>>
How old are you OP, were you alive when Doom came out? Were you playing Video games in the early-mid '90s so you actually know what "Retro shooters" played like? Do you understand that the Doom comic is not representative of the game?

If you answered No to all those questions, the game is for you and you will enjoy it.
>>
Single player is amazing, best FPS in years. Movement and shooting feels amazing, level design is good, story/cutscenes are kept to a bare minimum, while also having enough so each level has a reason behind it, all the guns and modifications are unique and fun to use. It's all round a really fun game.

It's pretty lengthy as well, playing on Ultra Violence and attempting to find all the secrets/complete all the challanges took me nearly 20 hours. If you don't try and 100% it (which you should, since upgrading your weapons is fun) then it won't take nearly as long, but for an FPS it's still way above average in length.

Snapmap isn't as bad as people say, for a level editor it's quite good and people have made impressive things in it, but it's obviously never going to compare to actual mods.

Multiplayer isn't bad per-se, it's just kinda there being totally and wholey unremarkable. You know how in the late 2000s every new game had a tacked on multiplayer mode that was functional enough but offered nothing actually unique or good? That's Doom's MP, it could have been great with just a few tweaks (getting rid of Loadouts and 2-weapon limit for starters) but right now it's "play 5 games for your Trophy/Achivements and never touch it again".
>>
>>340854569
>Nightmare is actually hard
No, come on mate, when I played through it I felt it just was too easy at every turn and was excited to unlock that final difficulty setting, but then when I did I saw that it was just Nightmare with perma death
I just wish they add another 1-2 difficulty

but that was a problem with the older id games too, Quake 2 for example, or the bots in Quake 3, all way to easy on the highest difficulty setting
>>
Do you think we'll get a expansion similar to Wolfenstien: The Old Blood?

Listening to the demonic "lore" stones in Hell, there's a pretty perfect setup for a prequel game with a giant bossfight included. was anyone else really pissed that after all the mentions of Titans and some other kind of massive demon we never got to see them except for a dead one 90% buried? I wanted to climb inside of a skyscraper sized Demon and chainsaw through its brain and out its eye socket.
>>
Good:
-10/14 hours
-weapons
- vertical movements (strafe and double jump)
- semi open level design
- cool meta lore

Bad:
-Upgrades
-Glory kills give you ammo and health
-repetitive soundtrack
-Stupid reboot title DOOM(tm)

Its an ok game 7,5/10
>>
Yes but not worth full price, you're essentially paying $60/£40 for 33.3...% of the content.
>>
Should I buy this right now?
>>
>>340856638
>Stupid reboot title DOOM(tm)
When will they stop doing this? Eventually it's going to start repeating itself and it's going to get confusing as fuck with everyone needing to put the date at the end of the game's title every time.
>>
>>340855179
I bet you liked doom 3, didn't ya faggot?
>>
>>340857564
If you love getting your drive fucked by Denuvo(tm), then yes, obviously.
>>
>>340855608
I wasn't pissed. The giant demon skeletons looked great in the maps. I hope in an expansion there are so behemoth boss battles like in painkiller
>>
>>340854507
>>340854256
>ID
They're id, not ID.
>>
>>340854925
id.
Happy now, faggot?
>>
>>340857770
Here come the buttblasted pirates, still spouting the same tired disinfo that's been debunked for over a year
>>
The biggest issue with singleplayer are those fucking glory kills.

They look cool as fuck the first 2-3 times you do it on an enemy, but then they become extremely repetitive becuase of the limited pool of different animation for each enemy type.

It would've been much more rewarding if you could perform them only with melee weapons in hand ie. fists and chainsaw.
>>
>>340855179
>how old are you OP?
>no
>>
File: New Doom in nutshell - d4.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
New Doom in nutshell - d4.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
>>340853478
Nope.

It's a tedious and repetitious Glory Killing fest in endless lock-down combat arena rooms, that are there to hide the very limited max enemy count on screen.

D4 is full of modern crap, the most annyoing being not only one, but THREE upgrade trees & level-up systems.

Plot and exposition isn't crammed down your throat, except when the game literally sit you down to watch a legit fucking cutscenes.

Enemies are totally not a threat thanks to the GKs, and Chainsaw being a 1-hit insta-kill tool that fully refills your ammo and HP.

It's a schizophrenic mess with severe identity crisises, which people now only THINK means "oldschool". Especially the MP is a prime example of this shit, and you're just delusional, low-standard moron to think that the SP would be either perfect, or ANYTHING like Doom.
>>
>>340858085
>pirates
Piracy is a word we should all avoid.
It was created by publishers dissatisfied with copying they didn't aprove.
In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them.

Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it.

Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead.

Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words.

https://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/

Have a good day
>>
>>340857770
RIght, then. Thanks.
>>
>>340853478
Its fun, but has IMMENSE room for improvement. Basically a 6/10 game on a normal scale, not worth 60 bucks, you'll probably play it once or twice and never touch it again.
>>
File: 1323702538463.gif (1 MB, 294x231) Image search: [Google]
1323702538463.gif
1 MB, 294x231
>>340855082
This is actually an amazingly accurate video, it dispels a lot of the bullshit people have been saying to try and get others to buy the game. I still like the game for what it is, but this guy is 100% right.
>>
>>340853478
pretty fucking good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvbO3kLkgw
>>
>>340859309
HE POSTED IT AGAIN
LOL
O
L
>>
>>340861164
>>340855082

This pretty much. It's got everything they said would be in it, but it's so painfully formulaic it becomes almost boring. I haven't gotten that far in it yet, but before I got the rail gun it was getting very dull.

Best mediocre shooter in a while though.
>>
>>340855082
I can't believe I listened to more than 3 minutes of that faggot Qubequian
>>
>>340859326
The hoops you people jump through to justify piracy. Unbelievable. If you'll insist on acting like a pedantic faggot, then yeah, you're right, illegally downloading a piece of software is in no way comparable to going on a killing spree while hijacking a ship.

But whatever way you look at it, getting your hands on something that costs money without paying for it, is theft.

TL;DR
If you can't afford it, then it's not for you.

>inb4 comparing not being able to afford vidya to not being able to afford healthcare
>>
>>340853478

YES, IT IS FUN! Go buy it NOW!
>>
I loved it. Not 60 dollars good, but really good. Best Doom game.
>>
File: 1401579900343.jpg (83 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1401579900343.jpg
83 KB, 384x313
I think the multiplayer is ok
>>
>>340859326
Man, there's nothing worse than piratefags trying to make their piracy some kind of noble cause.

I'm plating Dark Souls 3 and Witcher 3 pirated because I'm a cheap fuck, and I can admit that. You should be man enough to do so, too.
>>
>>340854998
That's not a major milestone.
>>
I just want to know why we do not have a fist option and why the pistol has unlimited ammo. If they change those things and make the bfg and chainsaw actual weapons and not retarded free kill weapons I might get back into it, until then the game is to easy and linear for me to get interested
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scguKZSS-U

>if you use the glowing textures on glory kill-able enemies you're stupid
>I found that I was meleeing demons with my gun instead of glorykilling them all the time
>>
>>340871063
>big not a free kill weapon
Are you awake right now?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.