[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whens nvidia response to this ;_; im in the market for a new gpu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: AMD-Polaris-RX-480-290x200.jpg (11 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Polaris-RX-480-290x200.jpg
11 KB, 290x200
Whens nvidia response to this ;_;

im in the market for a new gpu
>>
stop being poor
>>
>he isn't a good little goy

oy vey
>>
Just get a used GTX 480 from ebay.
>>
>>340850695

When is this coming out?
>>
>>340850816

>literally housefires
>>
>>340850751
That strategy worked wonderfully well for 3DO .
>>
>>340851331
>GPU = console
You're an idiot
>>
>>340851191
Only when you don't know how to use it.
The Geforce GTX 480 is designed to run alongside with the Geforce FX5800 to get passively cooled by it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspdnAYiiug
>>
>>340851465
It do share several similarities, for example the fact people generally aim at the best cost/benefit and this ends determining the platform the developers aim for.
So, in this case, you will be getting the Geforce 1080p to play games optimized for the AMD480 because its what most people will have, and thus have to wait for several years until a game actually use your videocard in a actually perceivable way, and by then mid level cards will be faster than yours.
>>
>>340851695
Nope
Consoles are aimed at children and poor people
PC gaming is aimed at people willing to spend more for better quality
>>
File: 1344648962718.jpg (238 KB, 1098x735) Image search: [Google]
1344648962718.jpg
238 KB, 1098x735
>>340851527

>hurrr this card is at least better than another shitty card :)))
>>
>>340851972
Sorry to burst your bubble, but developers do it for the money, not for some sentimental reason, and in general they try to support the biggest number of potential consumers they can, even if this means making the game runnable on the intel integrated video chip, which most actually do.

But that's not a bad thing, it is part of the spirit of the PC.
The PC is not just about ricing, but about having a machine tailored for your needs.
Want a gaming PC? you can make one.
Want a hugeass cluster of U1 rack PCs to perform science? you can do it.

Want a cheapass PC? you can do it in several, SEVERAL different ways.

You can even have a PC that defeats a fucking smartphone in battery life if you want to.
>>
>>340851972

Every single statistic says that people go for the card with the best performance/price ratio within their budget. This is why the GTX960 and GTX970 are the most popular cards on the market right now, and it's why the GTX750Ti and GTX760 were pretty popular in their time.
>>
>>340852046
No no no no no, you got all wrong.
Both cards suck equally when separate, but when you use both of the cards at the same time, you get a good one.
The 480 set things on fire, and the FX5800 puts the fire out.
>>
>>340852341

kek
>>
>>340851527
>here's a video card
>need this other one for it to not overheat

What the actual fuck? How high were they when they thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>340851027
End of june
>>
>>340850695
awful shit for poorfags, with no drivers for like a decade now, fucking lol

that poo in loo literally shits in your poorfag mouths and you love it
>>
>>340854504
You speak like a 12 year old.
Does your mommy buy you a gpu every year?
>>
>>340854751
wow you are so mature, i guess that's why you have no arguments against what i said because you know it's true, you are just too poor to afford a quality product and you just eat whatever poo in loo shits out for you
>>
>>340850695
Why would you get this when the r9 390 still outperforms it?
>>
>>340855025
Just the amount of meme-words you used and how triggered you where prove it. Just because I don't buy the latest, most expensive shit it doesn't mean I'm poor, it means ai know how to use my money because the 480 is the best price/performance out there
>>
>>340855231
Shhh. He doesn't get his bonus if he doesn't try to pitch the GTX 1070.
>>
>>340855231
it has the performance of a 290, you are a fucking retard, you are definitely poor as well because who else buys this shit?
>>
Nvidia is at its best when they fuck up and accidentally release a cart that is very fucking good for the price or can be overclocked into a good card.
>>
>>340855423
>it has the performance of a 290
source?
>>
>>340855423
K
At least I don't have to shill for NJewdia to get my allowance
>>
>>340855590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_0u3kzYqrk
>>
It seems for now AMD and nvidia are keeping out of eachother's way in the performance line up.
Nvidia's mainstream cards will probably show up around the same time as AMD's answer to GP104
>>
/v/ - Quality Discussion
>>
>>340852296
Did AMD change the way their cards show up in system checks so they wouldn't not show up at all on these lists?
r9 200 series is like 6 different cards and it's being beaten but a 5 year old integrated gpu.
>>
>>340856350
Sometimes it happens.
You have to bait it.
>>
I just realised, the difference in gflops performance between the xbox one and gtx 1080 is about the same as the difference between the xbox 360 and the xbox one
That went fast. Consoles really released at a shitty time.
>>
>>340851695
>So, in this case, you will be getting the Geforce 1080p to play games optimized for the AMD480 because its what most people will have, and thus have to wait for several years until a game actually use your videocard in a actually perceivable way, and by then mid level cards will be faster than yours.
This is not at all how things will work.

Going by steam hardware stats, Nvidia has over 50% market share, while amd has a little over half of that, with the remainder being intel integrated graphics.

Even if literally nobody bought Nvidia hardware and instead bought 480s, Nvidia would still have the larger market share for a very long time.

There is also the issue of Nvidia's habit of getting devs to use proprietary effect libraries that utilise their card's tesselation capabilities well beyond the point of diminishing returns, often to the point of tanking performance on anything other than their newest line of cards.
>>
>>340851027
At the end of this month
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.