[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With online gaming being the cesspool that it is, why are team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
With online gaming being the cesspool that it is, why are team based games so popular?
>>
Because you can just blame your team if you fuck up.
>>
Should i get Aghanim's Scepter for kotl's unobstructed vision if my game sense allows me to escape a gank every single time?

Sometimes my team blames me when i tell them to b but they die because they didn't listen, then i said i told them to b earlier but they said to get Aghanim's Scepter.

But why should i get Aghanim's Scepter if i know when to b? Should i get Aghanim's Scepter just to lend credibility when i tell my team to b?

It's not like I'm mhing, although with my game sense it may look like it.

Ty
>>
>>340850513
You can trash talk your team.

Seriously that's the only thing that goes on in these games, everyone does their own thing then lo and behold they all complaining and whining why X didn't do Y because Z.
>>
Shared responsibilty in wins and losses, it's more interesting to play vs/with humans than bots, competition?
>>
>>340850594
You're lying. The only way your game sense is this developed is if either you're a pro or you're from wc3 dota
>>
>>340850728
I used to play wc3 dota
>>
>>340850594
If it was the only reason to aghanims then you might have an argument. Fortunately it has more use than vision.
>>
>>340851301
If your game sense can make up for not having a scepter. You're better off with filling your slot with another offense item. The cooldown between ults is only 20 seconds.
>>
Why is Invoker the funnest hero?
>>
>>340850513
The image of online gaming being a cesspool is often exaggerated, and, in the case of mobas, it usually stems from low skill bracket games where nobody communicates.

Keep communicating, and discussing tactics, with your pug and all goes well. I say this as someone that near never has reports, but always has ~4-5 commends on their communication summary.
>>
When someone gets a lot of armor, what should I get to counter it ?
>>
because comletitve video games are fun.
>>
>>340851906
Desolator

AC

Magic Damage
>>
>>340851698
He's a walking arsenal.
>more cc than entire team comps, forcing enemy carries to buy bkb by simply existing
>capable of initiating/disengaging
>loads of damage
>rewards from 2-3 spell combos (and the timing is a joke
Who wouldn't want to play a hero with this much power
>he will lose the arcana vote again to something retarded like an auto-attacking carry
>>
>>340850513
IDK, siege is pretty cool. First game I've ever played where russians aren't annoying
>>
>>340850594
Aghs is fairly solid - it's great value stat+resource gain for one slot. At the end of the day your individual competence doesn't matter foremost - it's a case of winrate. If you think you can make up for their tard deaths by getting somethjng else, go for it.

I find that getting into the habbit of drawing enemy movements from the early game lends credibility to your claims. Just don't rub it in their faces when you're right and they didn't listen. They already know you are, so saying nothing, or fielding a constructive comment is best.
>>
>>340851969
Is it worth it to get deso/AC against someone who has like 10~15 armor without items ? I'm really asking, I want to learn more
>>
What is mhing and game sense
>>
>>340850513
I enjoy competition to an extreme degree. It's my rush. Teamwork or solo, as long as it is competitive.

Unfortunately, I don't enjoy the simplicity of most modern professional sports. There's not enough complexity for me to grab on to. Paintball is sort of alright, MMA is sort of alright, but I just have no buy-in emotionally.

Oddly enough, LARPs like Amtgard are the closest I've found to what I'd enjoy physically, but the cringe factor is so god damn real I can't do it.

So, that leaves team-based video games.
>>
File: big bon.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
big bon.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>that feel when OG's going to win Manila
>>
>>340852193
Karting, and, if you can afford it, sports car racing, are solid anon.
>>
>>340852094
Yes
Armour reduction works better agaist low armour units
>>
>>340852614
Thanks
>>
File: armor scaling.jpg (120 KB, 915x572) Image search: [Google]
armor scaling.jpg
120 KB, 915x572
>>340852094
It depends on how much armor the targets have when you complete it. Removing 7 armor from a 10 armor target is significantly more beneficial than 7 from 20 since armor stacking armor get diminishing damage reduction.
>>
>transition from dota to dota 2
>get called noob because i have no idea how to by items
>standing at the fountain
>key shortcuts and layout is a mess
>no loathers edge.

How do i cope with my newfound inferiority?
>>
>>340852890
Relearn item names and reprogramme brain for new keybinds. It doesn't take many hours.
>>
>>340852776
That's what I thought, this graph is really useful thanks.
>>
>>340852094
Just remember that relative armour reduction is linear in relative EHP removal - so 50->40 is the same as 15->12 in relative EHP removal.
>>
>>340852890
You can actually change your keybinds to match legacy keys in the options
>>
>>340853078
Non-dota 1 player detected

There are only a few items which were renamed.

To the other guy just ignore those noobs. And dont be like those scrubs who plays for mmr.

Dota 1 player > dota 2 player
>>
Also

>shit models
>abaolute horrendous and dull voice overs.
>shit music
>>
cause you can just pin the blame on your team
>>
File: DEATH.png (747 KB, 730x791) Image search: [Google]
DEATH.png
747 KB, 730x791
>those faggots that care about e-sports
>fucking pinoy e-sports out of all there is

disgusting, just play the fucking game you 35 year old wageslave prude

>on a fun-game streak with zero trouble and decent teammates and enemies
>at the last fucking match my server decides to lag
>try everything to remove any possible connection interruption so only dota 2 gets my broadband
>its still lagging terribly (getting worse every minute)
>get timed out
>fuck that shit
>now i have to wait 24 hrs to play again :^)

how the fuck is this fair?
>>
>>340853532
>abaolute horrendous and dull voice overs.

even ignoring the grammar, this is retarded
>>
>>340853902
Non former wc3 dota player detected.
>>
>>340852265
THEY DID
>>
>>340854654

>BigDaddyTw0LANs
>>
>>340850513
That one is popular because it's free
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.