[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want this fucking demo back FUCK Combat felt SO GOOD DECAPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 1344x742) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 1344x742
I want this fucking demo back FUCK

Combat felt SO GOOD

DECAPS EVERYWHERE

BAREHANDED PARRY CLAPS THE SWORD AND THRUSTS IT INTO THEM

Absolutely destroys Fromshit and barely any i-frames to cheese
>>
>>340840765
I feel you anon. Can not wait for the full game to come out.
>>
eh, it was alright.
>>
>>340840765
this is the only game I've actually had any fun with for a long time
>>
>>340840847

I'm so worried they've casualized it due to feedback.

I liked durability because it necessitated switching up weapons and armor. Without it you'll get too comfortable.
>>
>>340840986
yeah, i sure like switching to shit weapons and armor after the boss breaks them with 2-3 hits
>>
They need to fixing the netcoding, shit was worst than dark souls 1.
>>
>>340841084

I didn't have this problem? Only beat the first boss.

The game gives you shitloads of swag anyway. Without durability, everything but the statistical best becomes worthless. It really ratches up the tension.
>>
>tfw didn't make it passed the first 5 guys and complained it was too hard
>>
>>340841189
It should reset when you die
>>
>>340841113

Uh, there isn't any netcode? I didn't try co-op tho.

The "invaders" you summon are AI-controlled.
>>
>>340841269
I'm talking about co-op, if you joined someone's game it was like enemies had the ability to teleport behind you. Also that's how my co-op managed to have unlimited burst and kill the second boss in no time flat.
>>
>>340841559

Why are you co-oping in a Souls game?

Are you a bitch?
>>
>>340842021
Nioh isn't a souls game. And I like co-op.
>>
>>340842115

It's actually the best Souls game and still not really built for co-op.
>>
>>340841084
It's not the games fault you're too fucking stupid to repair your gear.
>>
>>340842228
yeah, my fucking fault i dont want to grind for wetstones
>>
>they removed the weapon breaking

I don't care what purists say, i fucking hated the breaking.
>>
>>340842314

You don't have to grind; you just gotta let go of a lot of equipment that you pick up all the time regularly.
>>
>>340842196
I mean I would agree with you, if it was actually part of the Souls series of games. I mean its kind of fun to have partner fucking up Oni together or just going ham on a boss.
>>
This game runs at 720p60 (sorta 60).

And that's 720p60 of NEVER EVER
>>
>>340842314
The game showers you with repair items what the fuck were you doing
>>
>>340842365
This. You could also break pots and boxes to get more.
>>
>>340842407

Co-op is gamebreaking easy-mode and anyone who does it in any of these games should feel ashamed

The only Souls game that's balanced for co-op is Beyond: Two Souls.
>>
>>340841198
It got much easier as you leveled up
>>
>>340842573
I mean I can't deny it makes the game easy as hell, but I still enjoy it.

> Beyond: Two Souls
anyone who played this should be shot.
>>
>>340842729

Beyond: Two Souls is visionary and never boring for a second. Best scripted events of any Souls game by far.
>>
>>340840765
Level design was shit though and it's one of the main reasons why I play the soul games. Also the game being stage-based turns me off.

It's going to be a good game, but that's pretty much it for me.
>>
>>340843112

The burning village has incredibly interesting encounter design and blows the fuck out of similar scenes in Souls.

Stage-based is a bummer but DaS3 is already turbo-linear.
>>
File: 1456506019144.jpg (30 KB, 333x318) Image search: [Google]
1456506019144.jpg
30 KB, 333x318
>>340842508
I'd maxed out on wetstones by the end of the demo. I must be the king of videogames.
>>
I want it back so fucking bad.
>>
>think for a second that Nioh looks cool
>come into threads
>90% of them are just people shitting on Souls
legit reeks of shilling
>>
>>340845738
I promise the game is great despite its community on /v/ being utter shit. Leave before le conquer meme starts up.
>>
>>340845738
>90% of them are just people shitting on Souls
If it seems that way I assure you it's only a reaction to the initial Nioh threads where the opposite happened.
Those were the threads where I realized that certain souls players are indeed completely fucktarded.
>>
File: Ghostbusting-jitsu.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusting-jitsu.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340840765
Let me drop some sick webms for ya bud.

>>340840986
Durability wasn't remotely an issue half-hour into the game, you can get a shit ton of glue and whet stones by the time you stock up on useless mountains of crap gear.
>>
>>340840765
Nioh nioh nioh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ubsI_eyac
>>
File: 1330684471698.jpg (5 KB, 171x240) Image search: [Google]
1330684471698.jpg
5 KB, 171x240
>Finally learned how to play the game
>Killed the demon mini boss with ease
>New area
>Take a break and get back to it next day
>THE DEMO IS OVER FAGGOT
>>
>>340847013
More?
I didn't get that far in the demo. I wanna see what sick samurai shit you can pull.
>>
>>340845738
>>340846297
>>340846935
The Nioh threads that were mainly just people talking about the game were actually fantastic and brought to mind all those nice DeS threads we had when people were importing Hong Kong copies, since it was only a fairly small community of the general same core people every time (I'd wager there weren't any more than 100 or so). Just that you had

>Retards hell bent on forging some kind of bizarre rivalry with the Souls fans
>Whiny Souls fans that had their egos punctured when it became apparent you'd have to learn a new system for the game and that being alright at Souls doesn't necessarily translate into being alright at Nioh
>PC-only people who were bitching and moaning about it being an exclusive
>PS4-only people who were hell bent on lauding it SOLELY for being an exclusive

taking it all down a peg. When they weren't there, it was actually very good!
>>
>>340841113
I thunk yur spulling ist worst.
>>
File: nioh1.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
nioh1.webm
3 MB, 800x450
i really miss the demo too
>>
File: 1416001896677.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1416001896677.gif
911 KB, 171x141
>tfw I was too stupid to take the time to DL this demo and completely missed it
>>
The stamina and ki pulse shit kill the game.

Why even have this stamina bar if it becomes a non-issue when spamming pulses?
The asolute worse is the awful cringe sound and visual effect everytime you pull a ki pulse, and you're supposed to use it as much as you can and you can do so every fucking seconds so the whole fight is just Ki Pulse sound and light effects.

What the fuck TM.
>>
Gonna grab it second hand if there's no PC release.

Consoles aren't worth supporting financially.
>>
>>340849307
sup Razorfist
>>
File: parry.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
parry.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>
>>340841261
When you die gives you the perfect opportunity to offer your spare equipment at the shrine, which in turn is highly likely to give you whetstones and glue. Once you get to the point where you're getting weapons worth a damn, you also have enough items to keep them somewhat topped up. Failing that, stop using katanas and light armour. They were the weakest durability wise.
>>
>>340847701
Outside of the blatant trolling and idiocy which wasn't really too common and easy enough to ignore, this game had some damn good threads. They really have to do another demo showing the changes they're planning, with another feedback form only available to those that finish it.
Reminder that Togame was best girl
>>
File: 1465728576571.webm (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1465728576571.webm
3 MB, 1600x900
>>
Combat is good, different weapon stances have a lot of room for depth. Too many 3-4+ enemy encounters, camera was ass to handle.
>>
>>340849307
you can buy one used
you can play games while not giving sony, microsoft etc any money
>>
Am I legit the only person who was disappointed to see Nioh being a Souls game when it had the heritage to be another Ninja Gaiden game?

I miss the days when Souls wasn't considered the pinnacle of action game design.
>>
>>340851102
supposedly there was a version of Nioh that was scrapped BECAUSE it was too similar to Ninja Gaiden (1st one)
>>
>>340850890
You know almost all encounters that can lead to you being outnumbered give you opportunities to thin out the enemy first, either with your bow or bombs. Only one I can think of that doesn't is the two ninja fight when you get the key, but they appear at opposite sides of a small shrine anyway. I like that being outnumbered actually makes things really tough, it makes you give more consideration to where and when you enter the fight, but they can still be dealt with in any stance once you're confident enough.
>>
I'd love to play the demo again as well, it was a lot of fun and I would love to beat it again.
>>
>>340851157
Fucking publisher meddling.

You can just see the conversation happening like this:
>"It's too much like Ninja Gaiden. Why would you make a Ninja Gaiden game?"
>...those are the kind of games we make..?
>"Look, bud. There are only two kinds of action games that make money. Dark Souls and Platinum. So go back to the studio and tell your team that when you bring the next milestone report to this office in April, I better see 600% more chainsaws that shoot grenades when you backflip, or else an inventory menu more complicated than the Sistine Chapel!"
>>
>>340851102
Not really. I mean if you want Ninja Gaiden then the series is already there, and if they were to make a new one it should be Ninja Gaiden proper. Let Nioh be Nioh, it's got it's own cool hybrid system going on. Although you can always just use low stance only when playing it, that kinda felt like "Ninja Gaiden mode" to me.
>>
>>340851479
Pretty sure that happened around the PS2 era or maybe early PS3, before Dark (and even Demon's) Souls were a thing.
>>
>>340851157
Actually, it was the second version of the game (That was being developed around 2008-10 or so; and nothing supposedly about it, Shibusawa confirmed it himself in an interview last year as TGS) that was scrapped due to basically being sub-Ninja Gaiden. The original version that was intended as a PS3 launch title was a kind of weird mish-mash of Mosou and SRPG that was canned after they said they couldn't really get those two to gel properly.
>>
>>340851360
I know but that in and of itself is rather formulaic and was used too often, because of that it took away consideration because it was always approached in the same manner, that's my criticism.
>>
>>340851515
I just mean I'm sick of "action" games that are more about their inventory menus, skill trees, stat buffs and level systems than actual action.

I don't really care if the controls and feel are remniscient of souls... I just want to fight, though. I don't want to break pots for chalk to craft paste to fix my level 3 broadsword +2 because I haven't gotten a level 3 broadsword +3 to drop yet, and if it breaks I'll have to switch to my level 2 greatsword +4 and FUCK THAT, you can't kill the Erebus of Araznathalia with a level 2 greatsword +4

goddamn whenever someone says "RPG elements" I just know the game is gonna be shit.
>>
File: boger_face.jpg (83 KB, 573x800) Image search: [Google]
boger_face.jpg
83 KB, 573x800
>>340851479
>There are only two kinds of action games that make money. Dark Souls and Platinum.
>Platinum
>>
>>340851670
Holy hell this game has been in development hell that long?

...I'm actually impressed that it worked as well as it did in the demo then. That's a tough feat when you've spent a decade making something.
>>
>>340851905
The game was originally revealed back in 2004 under the name "Oni" and was to have a tie-in film. It's gone through two scrapped versions before they settled on the current incarnation (Which I've read on various places has started development anywhere from 2010 to 2012; though the former makes sense, since they've been suckholing Demon's Souls as opposed to Dark Souls a lot more in interviews).
>>
>>340851876
Roll your eyes if you want, but they do. There's a reason those crazy Osaka fucks have a line out their door of people asking them to make something.

Though it's probably as much the fact that they make games on the cheap, but still.
>>
Anyone here got their Nier demo auto update to version 1.02?
I assume we all cant play it, but the patch installed on my PS4 way after the demo's deadline.

I wonder if KT actually gave a play offline update after the hype died down. Too lazy and feeling too NEET to check right now.
>>
>>340840986

I hope they just add a repair feature to shrines. Cost some Niohbucks to repair your equipment at a shrine.
>>
>>340852160
They've basically implied that durability is gonna be removed all together.

A blacksmith was actually mentioned in one of the loading screen hints and in the description for the unused familiarity mechanic, but obviously didn't make it into the demo.
>>
>>340851686
I understand where you're coming from, but I'd say the variety of tools you get and the different locations/enemy patterns keeps things interesting, like you can lure them together and blow them all up, or use ninjutsu to cut through them. And come on, bow headshots killing in a single hit and taking their head clean off NEVER gets old.
But you don't really have to do that every time anyway, that's a method for dealing with crowds if you can't fight them all at once otherwise. You can fight them head on, it's just much harder and not the most efficient option, like how it should be in my opinion. I'd say put on the demo and try out the variety of stuff available but it was taken before it's time.
Who "still got the demo installed for no reason" here?
>>
>>340840765
I hope to all the gods that for honor has even better combat
please ubisoft, don't ruin this one
>>
>>340852091
I tried playing the demo yesterday, (was connected to PSN just in case) but it doesn't seem to be like that. It just said "You can't play the demo because the play period has ended" when I tried to go any further than the "start menu" (Where you see your spirit animal partner thingy circling the sword around and stuff). Though not sure if my demo is 1.02 version, though.
>>
>>340851820
That's fair I guess, but you gotta understand that removing the RPG elements would make Nioh not Nioh. It's a big part of it's identity, and changing all of that would make it a completely different game, which means the same problem in reverse. It would just be better off having two games at that point.

Did you actually play the demo? It's a bit late now but you sound pretty harsh on it and it's a pretty cool game. You should give it a go if we're lucky enough to get another chance. There is some equipment management but I don't think there's so much that it really detracts from the combat, and you can probably get away with just the bare minimum. Also get on my level I killed Erebus with a level 3 Dagger of Sudoku+2
>>
File: NioH.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NioH.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>340840765
I want to be a traditional japanese man again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dlnqYUEZw
>>
>>340840765
Why is it a white guy though?
>>
>>340852856
William is a man's man!
>>
>>340840765
I hope they cancel it anon
>>
>>340852909
He's a loose pastiche of a real-life popular historical figure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
>>
>>340850905
m8 that's literally what I said I'm doing
>>
>>340852997
So you're a merchant sailor that winded up working for a shogun? Thats pretty fucking sweet
>>
>>340852267
This is something that really bugs me about the Durability removal and people complaining about not enough repair items, even disregarding the existing ways that make it a fine system. It was so clearly obvious that the full game will have a way to buy items and repair/create weapons but no one checked anything out and went on the survey anyway.
>Do I have the Mark of the Conquerer?
>Well that first bandit keeps killing me so yes I do, and this is how I would fix this shit game!
>>
>>340852068
Platinum is such an anomaly. Their games always sell like shit, regardless of how good they are, but they keep on securing contracts with other companies like its no big deal.
>>
>>340852909
Every thread even after the demo.
>>
>>340853184
Well it just confused me because I thought that part of the world only had japanese/east asians during that time period
Seemed like a weird choice is all
>>
>>340840986

Durability has never been a good mechanic.
>>
>>340842323
I had no real problem with it, but it was pretty pointless.
>>
>>340853113
Don't forget slaying historically accurate yokai.
>>
>>340852997
REEEEEEE

THIS IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE ENOUGH OF LIFE IN FEUDAL JAPAN

STATISTICALLY HE WOULD HAVE BEEN JAPANESE

THIS IS POLITICALLY CORRECT HISTORICAL REVISIONISM TO APPEASE WESTERN KEKS
>>
>>340853375
there should be more african americans in the game
>>
>>340853270
Look up Yasuke while you're at it.
>tfw you will never be bros with a historical figure
>>
>>340853291
In many games Durability is far too lenient so that it doesn't even matter and you don't notice it at all. This game actually had it balanced right so that it was something to consider and think about which could potentially affect what you're using. It was actually done quite well for once, but people just hate the concept of their weapons breaking at a fundamental level and I don't fully get it. You're already keeping track of two other bars that affect how you fight, what's wrong with this one?
Personally I'm hoping that if they do just go forward with all those changes for the full version, that they at least offer a difficulty mode with the original demo balance. Maybe that's what the Mark of the Conqueror could be for.
>>
>>340853375
>>340853375
>THIS IS POLITICALLY CORRECT HISTORICAL REVISIONISM TO APPEASE WESTERN KEKS
Funny you say that, since visually, the character has actually gone down very well in Japan (Plus it helps that the real Adams remains popular there, with local history wonks there visiting his grave often and Anglicans in Japan often having services in his memory on his birthday), as opposed to the West, where people are just calling him a Geralt knockoff.
>>
This game is going to be playable offline, as a full retail title right? I hate to even have to ask this, but so many games are now online only, or free to play. This game looks really awesome.
>>
>>340847489
Actually, the demo didn't go too crazy yet and offered teasers. The only ones skills that were game changing were the Pole Vault spear and parries. The rest were Ki bursting, dodge canceling and such, just youtube any vid of people dunking on Nue for zero damage.
>>
>>340854646
As far as I know, it'll be fully offline, but with extra features online. We already know about the Revenants but supposedly the director mentioned about being able to meddle in other player's games in another way, so maybe there'll be some form of invasions or fighting against other players.
>>
>>340854646
It's a retail PS4 game, yeah. It's a single-player game first and foremost, with some optional online interactivity ala Souls
>>
Keeping this thread alive damn it.
Favourite weapon?
Weapons you want to see in the game?
I liked katanas the most, and it'd be pretty cool to see kusarigama and guns in the game, but also maybe twin swords and naginatas.
>>
I was gonna make this is exact thread myself yesterday.
This game was so damn satisfying.
I did get it to a point where I could do starter-level runs and not die until the Cyclops guys from Level 2 though.

Surely it would have gotten stale.
>>
File: CkkXtcEWgAApRBN.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CkkXtcEWgAApRBN.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>340840765
Tongue of the first semen demon.

What do you think?
>>
File: 1462127226054.jpg (197 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1462127226054.jpg
197 KB, 640x960
>>340857478
>Favourite weapon?
I played through the demo like 5 times and helped out shit tons of people but didn't even want to use anything else.
>>
Yeah it was fucking amazing
I'm glad the PS4 is getting cool shit like this now
>>
>>340857694
>the Iai slash
>sheathing the sword manually after every encounter
>the blood from the blade splatters onto the ground or on walls
>if you sheathe it while running the blood stays on the blade since you don't clean it
Felt so good.
>>
>>340857618
William-sama's gonna make her scream.
>>
File: 1462100927021.jpg (242 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1462100927021.jpg
242 KB, 1000x1414
>>340858643
I wonder if you have to defeat her to get the prettiest spirit there is so far.
>>
>>340840765

But OP they killed the game to please the casuals. They nerfed everything.
>>
>>340840765
>2016
>A demo that EXPIRES
What the fuck is this. Nintendo?
>>
Just checked it out and it looks fun and all but how the fuck are the graphics so atrocious?

It's a ps4 title and there doesn't appear to be much that needs rendering, it looks like an early ps3 title.
>>
>>340858756
Fancy sources. Them saying they are working on the balance doesn't make the game baby mode. They can't possibly go lower than DS3.
>>
>>340858708
I hope she's not the only grill spirit.
I fucking can't stand headwings.
>>
>>340858876

But Dark Souls 3 is the hardest game in the series.
>>
>>340858708
A couple of guys during the alpha threads were tossing up the idea whether or not the guardian spirits might be locked behind the bosses ala Zelda or Okami (Since it's fairly unlikely you'd start with the 4 you did in the demo; plus a few parralels can be drawn up between them and the bosses, so Raiken = Nue, Isonade = The gelatinous sea monster in the TGS trailer, etc.).

>>340858831
The game's due out within 6 months or so, the alpha demo was basically so they could get a big wave of feedback in one go and tweak the game accordingly before release.
>>
File: 1462109032483.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1462109032483.png
248 KB, 500x495
>>340858949
>But Dark Souls 3 is the hardest game in the series.
>>
New details soon. I want more playable characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1280x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1280x717
>>340858949
>But Dark Souls 3 is the hardest game in the series.
>>
>>340858876
http://teamninja-studio.com/nioh/uk/demo.html
Some of this sounds pretty vague but it's pretty clear that changing the Ki stagger and removing Durability will have a huge affect on the game's balance. Also you just have to look at the survey results to be able to guess how they are planning to "adjust attack and defence parameters". Not to mention the stuff about hints for finding boss areas which is wholly unnecessary. Like I said earlier, it's really important that they do another demo with these changes and another feedback form, this time only available to those that complete the thing.
>>
>>340858875
iirc it was actually planned to be a ps2 game but got passed around here and there and took a while for someone to take hold and actually finish development. Or something like that.
>>
>>340840986
it needs to be 'casualised' to make it fun

the game was clearly unfinished.
>>
>>340840765
this game is so much better than dark souls
>>
>>340859214
All of it sounds pretty vague since you don't even know how hard the other bosses or enemies are. Stop being a fucking crybaby before you don't get another demo or wait until the game is released.

>durability
>effecting anything
When you know about the game you don't ever have something break. Never once happened that to me once I knew that I had to smash the equipment I'm not wearing. You sound fucking stupid.
>>
File: dfgdfafadfgadfgdfagadfg.jpg (100 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
dfgdfafadfgadfgdfagadfg.jpg
100 KB, 1280x722
if you want more of this kinda stuff

you could just play some Way of the samurai games

granted there are no big oni boss fights sort've
>>
>>340853291
Durability can be a good mechanic, if it forces you to use different gear. Which can be very good in a action game.

Think of it like the death mechanic of Transistor, which locked your skills so you had to try new things.
Or when picked up weapons have no durability in brawlers, so they can be strategically picked up.
That said, I am not sure if Nioh managed to do break mechanic well at all.
Even in Fire Emblem, gear breaking was pointless outside of Armor Slayers and Legendary weapons having durability.
>>
>>340857618
>>340858708
Pure sex desu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMXncaX0q4w
>>
>>340859414
>Durability can be a good mechanic, if it forces you to use different gear.
It never forced me to wear anything else in this game except on my first character where I didn't break equipment I didn't care for. Stop implying it had any value in the demo.
>>
>>340859279
It was originally unveiled in 2004 with the intention of being a PS3 launch title, it was being developed internally by Koei and was to be a kind of weird mix of Mosou and SRPG, but was shelved after they couldn't really make it gel satisfactorily. A few years later after the KT merger, it was handed off to Team Ninja and reworked from the ground-up, but this incarnation was canned after being deemed too similar to Ninja Gaiden. A while later, development on this incarnation of the game began.
>>
>>340859641
That sounds pretty accurate.
>>
>>340852068
Platinum makes money by having very good budget standards. They will make short tie in games short(Korra, TMNT, etc), and their long games are not their main priority to earn money.
>>
>>340859520
>That said, I am not sure if Nioh managed to do break mechanic well at all.
Read anon
READ
>>
>>340859380
Shit man who got your panties in a twist? I literally said they should do another demo so we can see what the changes actually amount to ingame. Also it's pretty stupid to assume they're only talking about changing the things we haven't seen. What would even be the point of the demo then?

Durability was fine how it was because by the time you get weapons worth a shit you're able to trade for more whetstones and glue, but was still enough of a thing that you kept it into consideration in the middle of fights. You still carried two weapons around and would still be encouraged to rely on evasion with katanas/light armour and block with axes/heavy armour. It did not need to be taken out entirely because of people crying. Same with Ki Stagger.
>>
The beginning was terrible. When you have a deep combat system you should at least try to explain the basics. Trying to learn the mechanics as enemies one shot you is bad design.
>>
>>340859414
It was a better system than most since it would actually run out. Personally I think they probably could have ramped up the weapon damage even more as the game went on, but maybe there'll be enemies that do that specifically, meaning you have to deal with them in a unique way like focusing on a certain spot or relying on dodging more than blocking. Oh wait nevermind they're removing it entirely, no room for clever usage of the stat.
>>
>>340860495
Enemies don't one shot you unless they wind up a huge attack and hit you from behind. That right there would teach you a mechanic anyway. Your armour sucks in the beginning as well and the first few enemies are easy so that you can get the basics down and pick up some real armour that's lying around the place. Also you can refight him as many times as you want, the shrine's right there.
>>
>>340860495
>one shot
will never happen unless you get caught running like a little bitch
>>
File: ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN.jpeg.png (276 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN.jpeg.png
276 KB, 499x499
>>340840765
THE DARK SOULS KILLER

WHAT DO /v/ THINK OF THE UPCOMING DARK SOULS KILLER

yeah, keep doing it.
>>
>>340862453
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN
>>
>>340862453
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN
>>
>>340848470
Ki pulse also cancels any animation you were doing and puts you in a neutral position (not stance). You were meant to use ki pulse to combo into different stances
>>
>>340840765
This game can't be good, after all it's not on PC.

Enjoy your 720p/30FPS gameplay
>>
>>340862453
ありがとうシッルマン
>>
>b b b but muh weapons always broke.

The game wants you to stop being a little bitch and fight those phantoms.

Or you can be a little bitch and grovel to those shrine spirits and theyll give you repair items
>>
>>340847013
Jesus fuck could you make a shittier webm than that even if you tried?
>>
>therr are ppl right here right now that dont know the character is based on a real person
>>
What's the best Guardian Spirit and why is it all of them
>>
>>340862453
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN
>>
>>340866665
girl spirit we don't know anything about > shark > who cares
>>
>>340867002
Don't sexualise the spirits.
>>
File: 1HVaxtR.jpg (215 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1HVaxtR.jpg
215 KB, 1680x1050
The fact that "fans" of this game keep trying to BTFO Souls fans and make comparisons is not gonna work in your favor.

Just keep doing it.
>>
>>340869275
>he thinks anyone but spergs will care
Also there is no new souls game coming out.
>>
>>340869398
Then who is this shit aimed at? Non spergs don't care either dumb shit
>>
>>340869275
It's chicken and egg as far as who started what but the shitposting between series' is pointless really. It might be inspired by Souls in some aspects but it's still very much it's own game. I like both, why can't we all get along?
>>
Poors man souls. Just give it to Miyazaki and he will make it good like DaS3.
>>
File: The Internet Personified.jpg (64 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
The Internet Personified.jpg
64 KB, 500x370
>Weapon break every time you look at them
>No black smith to keep the weapons I like repaired.
>Arrows don't refresh when you rest at a shrine.
>Diablo style loot with 500 numbers that no one cares about
>Bosses are health spongy as fuck and will 1 shot you if you don't over inflate your health bar
>You have to play as a white guy

Hopefully they fix this for full launch
>>
>>340872706
Smells like bait but I want to keep the thread alive.

In the beginning you don't have any stand out weapons so you can swap between them as they break. By the time you start getting stronger weapons you're finding more repair items and offering old equipment to get them so you can do fine with 2 weapons.
The game mentions there being a blacksmith and you find money that you don't use. This is the demo. Put two and two together.
Arrows refreshing would be ridiculously overpowered and you can find them frequently enough even without the Kodama blessing.
Exaggeration and opinions go together so well. If you don't want to look at the maybe 5 or so effects a weapon has in an action RPG then you can sort them by the strongest attack.
No they aren't and they mostly don't outside of very largely telegraphed attacks (Nue lightning, how do people actually get caught by that) Onryoki has a lot of health because he's a slow moving juggernaut type of boss, but it's not too much.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor) and the mission select screen looks like it'll allow for multiple characters.
>>
Any way to get the demo? I missed it
>>
File: Laffin Pepe.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
Laffin Pepe.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>340840765
>Poor man's souls

>Destroys From "shit"

lel
>>
>>340874789
No need to be upset Fromdrone.

maybe Shitazaki will stop recycling the same assets over and over to shit out a yearly souls game, and make an actual good one sometime next decade.
>>
>>340874789
>>340875280
>>340840765
And this is why these threads will only be trash from here on out. Thanks guys.
>>
>>340875280
Your post got predicted by this anon>>340862453

Wow, great shill. The dark souls killer am I right?
>>
File: goldface.png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
goldface.png
208 KB, 327x316
Never ever PCucks.
>>
>>340874562
Not anymore, it was only up for those 3 weeks. Hopefully they'll do another or reopen the first one.
>>
>>340859520
This.

Think about what made you enjoy Nioh. Going into the menu switching out weapons constantly until you get a semi decent one that's a whole two points better than your last one?
Using whetstone and glues every half hour more or less?
The game showers you in equipment and it adds jackshit to an otherwise very, very solid and fun experience. There's no need for Diablo-like mountains of loot and shitty micromanagement. It detracts from the gameplay. Less weapon with actual variety and viability is what I want. I want unique and awesome items!
>>
>>340863312
>WAAAAAAHHHHH MUH PEE-CEE

Kek
>>
>>340877515
Weapon switching didn't take entirely that long and wasn't needed nearly often enough that it would actually become some kind of issue. And yes I actually did like how I could change my armour based on the effects it had so I could prioritize a certain stat. It felt cool being able to build towards things and it's something that can have it's true potential realised in the full game.
Personally I'd want durability to go down even more. It was damned refreshing to see a system that actually existed, and it encouraged better play since armour durability is based on how much you get hit.
The level of equipment you get is pretty easy to handle since you can select and offer everything at once, and only stronger enemies drop more than maybe 2 things at once. Plus it's just so damn satisfying to kill someone so hard they burst into treats.

Personally I'm just worried at how far they're going and what it could mean for the further changes. Removing Durability and especially Ki stagger (no one wants to talk about that for some reason) will have a big impact on the game's design. It makes me worry about whether or not they have faith in their own vision, or worse that some producer wanted changes to appeal to more consumers. I just really loved this demo.
>>
>>340862453
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN
>>
>>340848470
>Why even have this stamina bar if it becomes a non-issue when spamming pulses?
Because as evidenced by the demo threads and feedback, most people didn't understand this and just button-mashed until they were stunned on zero stamina.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.