[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>misses herb merchant >constant overanalysing and theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>misses herb merchant
>constant overanalysing and theory building
>"Oh that's so faustian"

This will be a long 40 episodes
>>
I really hope he doesn't just speedrun this.
>>
Honestly seemed fine, just glad to not see Matt in something, dude's a broken fucking record.
>>
>>340839170
>"Oh that's so faustian"

In that instance it was though. There's a lot in Nier that's faustian.

>40 episodes

Hah. I just watched episode 2, they didn't even meet Weiss yet
>>
>>340839326
Pat is at the controls and he says in part 2 that the farthest he played on his own when it came out was the first trip to the Aerie, so I can't imagine he even knows how to speedrun it.
>>
I just hope they'll do the warthog sidequest and the desert shortcuts, I'd kill myself if they just walked everywhere
>>
>>340839478
What actually is faustian in Nier?
I'm having a hard time coming up with something.
>>
I mean I know that their fanbase like skill/attention intensive japanese games, but it's getting pretty obvious by now that they can't LP them for shit.

Why don't they play Fable or something? It's hard to fuck up a Fable playthrough, and there's plenty to laugh at.
>>
If nothing else, this finally got me to actually play my copy. I have had Nier sitting on my shelf for 2 years now, bought it for 18 bucks at a Gamestop, never touched it despite beating Ending D in Drakengard 3 (and what a nightmare that was). But seeing this on my vessel page made me go "fuck, I'm not getting my first time experiences with Nier spoiled by a fucking LP"

Kaine only just joined me. It's funny, I always thought her name was said as Cain, not Kai-nay. I had never heard it spoken before now.
>>
>>340839170
Stop making this fucking thread. It's the same OP every time
>>
>>340839770
>Nier
>skill intensive
Nier is not a hard game. In fact Taro specifically gave it the combat system it has so that in theory everyone can beat it, even people who suck.
>>
If Liam doesn't urge Pat to get ending B and they end the playthough at ending A, Pat is gonna miss out on a ton of context and story.

They did this with Parasite Eve. Where Woolie beat the main game but the playthough stopped when they unlocked EX mode, which has a final "dungeon" where you get the true ending on completion.
>>
>>340839770
>hard to fuck up a Fable playthrough

As much as I enjoy watching them, they'd find a way.
>>
>>340839887
>If Liam doesn't urge Pat to get ending B and they end the playthough at ending A, Pat is gonna miss out on a ton of context and story.
They already confirmed in part 2 they're going for every ending, A-D. They'll just cut out the really tedious sidequests.

>They did this with Parasite Eve. Where Woolie beat the main game but the playthough stopped when they unlocked EX mode, which has a final "dungeon" where you get the true ending on completion.

In fairness, the Chrystler Building is a fucking chore and the definition of antifun, primarily because it's randomly-selected levels and no overlay map unless you had the strategy guide. The only part worth it is the very end.
>>
>>340839957
Not sure how. It's the most linear foolproof RPG that comes to mind.
>>
>>340840150
Just imagine it.

>Part 4
>HOW DO I GET INTO THIS DEMON DOOR
>Part 18
>Still at the Demon Door trying to figure it out
>>
I'm interested to watch this. I haven't played it in so long that it will be at least slightly interesting. They are also staying somewhat quite during the important cutscenes so it's fine.
>>
>the only difference between Brother Nier and Papa Nier is Yonah calling you "onii-chan" or "dad"

That's entirely false though, Replicant has a completely different personality and moral code than Gestalt and the timeskip affects them in different ways. Gestalt it makes him bitter, but he doesn't change TOO much because honestly he was so cynical to begin with. Replicant turns into fucking Caim.
>>
>>340840254
Whatever, point is that it doesn't affect the plot.
>>
>>340840037
Alright, I only saw part 1. While I think ending C and D are neat, the perspective and story you get when going for ending B is important as fuck.

While the Chrysler Building can be repetitive, the combat in Parasite Eve is rad and the first playthrough is pretty short. I get why they didn't do EX mode, still wish they got to the true ending.
>>
>>340840306
>While the Chrysler Building can be repetitive, the combat in Parasite Eve is rad and the first playthrough is pretty short.

Yeah but fucking 77 levels though.
>>
>>340840303
The characters in Nier are arguably more important than the story so I would say that having a very different MC is a big deal.

Did you even play Replicant?
>>
File: 4349498761_76bb537ffd_o.jpg (18 KB, 484x338) Image search: [Google]
4349498761_76bb537ffd_o.jpg
18 KB, 484x338
>>
>youtube shit
>e-celeb shit
>playing a shit game
>>
>>340840476

Kafkaesque is actually a thing though. And honestly it kinda describes Nier pretty well.
>>
who the fuck are you talking about

christ i really hope the mods start banning these e-celeb threads like we heavily voted for in the rules sticky
>>
>>340840583
Threads like this need to be banned.
Stuff like SBH or MM should be allowed though, since it's about the games and not the people.
>>
>>340840583
>I don't like thing
>We should ban everyone who likes it

Hello SJW
>>
>>340840349
Oh god I finally got around to playing PE for the first time, always wanted to just never did, last year. Got to the Chrysler Building, got about half way up and just stopped giving a shit, and that was with the little trash gun you get that's the best gun which I grinded hours for before the building.

I still haven't gone back to finish it. Haven't gone back to PE2 too because I'm lazy and just stopped right before the shower scene.
>>
>>340840521
>>340840583
Just hide it and move on.
I'd rather have one E-celeb thread than the fucking 20 overwatch threads we've had since release.
>>
>>340840742

You're supposed to use that place to grind for the 300 junk and get the custom trade-in smg. It's stupidly broken.
>>
>>340840672
Lets Play threads have almost nothing to do with video games.
It's like if I made a thread about myself playing games, obviously that'd be banned.
We can't make exceptions for garbage like this because it's popular.
>>
I have some herbs and seed. Where can I plant them? I tried looking near my house where the chikdens are but I dont see a place to plant a garden
>>
>>340839170
literally who?
>>
Who is the best LPer and why?
>>
>>340841018
You need to do a sidequest that opens up your garden
>>
>>340840857
Well I knew about it for ages and the park stuff to get junk off the chimps or whatever, so I just went ahead and did that, and got the best weapon in the game so so I could blast through the floors.

It was still a pain that I will likely never finish.
>>
>>340841209
ok thanks i will try to find them
>>
>>340840672
Fucking SJWs, ruining our e-celeb threads.

How will we play video games now?
>>
>>340839170
So which is better? Gestalt or Replicant?

Admittedly as a westerner Yohna being the main character's daughter would probably have more of an impact on me than her calling the player Onii-chan. While I assume in Japan it's the opposite.

So largely Japan considers Onii-chan Nier better, and other countries consider Otou-san Nier better, right?
>>
>>340839623
At the start, Nier wants power at any cost to protect his daughter so he uses the book, but the same book's power gives his daughter the black scrawl disease. With no context, that's definitely a deal with the devil that backfired.
>>
>>340841503

Well Replicant is the only canon one, according to Taro.

But really both are different characters and I think both should be experienced. Thankfully Replicant has had an english patch for 2 years now.

>>340841580

That's not faustian. A faustian deal is where you trade away your morals and principles for the sake of knowledge and power. What happened wasn't faustian, it was dramatic irony.
>>
>>340841503
Replicant makes more sense with young Nier not having a proper job, not being able to wield heavy weapons, Kaine falling in love with him, etc.
>>
>>340841172
Raocow is the most comfy LPer and I will fight anyone who disagrees.
>>
>>340841704
>with young Nier not having a proper job

Well, I mean he has a job.
>>
>>340841659
Is it really different enough to warrant a replay>?
>>
>>340841704
Plus the whole "whoring yourself out to old men for money" makes a lot more sense when you look like a fuccboi.
>>
>>340841704
Trannies actually prefer older, masculine men with families

t. someone whose thanksgiving is a mess every year
>>
>>340841829

kaine isn't a tranny though. She's intersex, a natural hermaphrodite.
>>
>>340841792

Well I played Replicant like a year after Gestalt, so I felt like enough time had passed.
>>
>>340840254
Honestly, I think Papa Nier fits the whole thing a lot better. Thanks to Grimoire Nier, you learn Brother Nier has a legitimate reason as to why he would end up so mentally unstable.

The whole point of all the characters you meet and the stories you read is to show you how surreal and "off" they are, just by default. Papa Nier not having a traumatic sob-story makes his uncharacteristic violence and obsession fit that theme a lot more.
>>
>>340842157
>just by default

Except they aren't just by default, it's because of their circumstances.

Kaine it was because she was first teased a lot as a child for having a penis, then a shade will a love for murder got inside her

Emil had to isolate himself because of his powers and his isolate drove himself somewhat crazy.
>>
>>340839796
>her
>>
>>340841659
Taro doesn't say Replicant is the only canon one, he's actually said that he views both as valid and that Replicant's most reasonable ending is Ending D while Gestalt's is Ending C.
>>
>>340842282

Yes, her. She is SUPPOSED to be a normal woman, but when she was created there was essentially a glitch in the matrix and she was born with a penis stuck on her. She still has her vagina.
>>
>>340842269
>Kaine it was because she was first teased a lot as a child for having a penis
Never understood this. Why bully a cute futa?
>>
>>340842269
It definitely is by default. Read those Grimoire Nier stories, the Junk Heap older brother's inner thoughts despite his more cheery exterior for the time you know him is fucked up. Most of the sidequests also have a lot of people that just don't have normal thought processes or responses.
>>
>>340842409

Kids don't understand it. They just think "haha, you have a penis!"
>>
File: 4chan ohgosh.png (28 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
4chan ohgosh.png
28 KB, 500x223
>>340841704
Yeah, why would a woman EVER fall in love with a mature, incredibly physically fit man who can't help but aid people in need and is adventuring to help his sick daughter?

That's so unrealistic.
>>
>>340842447
>Most of the sidequests also have a lot of people that just don't have normal thought processes or responses.
Yeah it's almost like living in a world where a shade can kill you at any time would give you a fucked up perpsective.
>>
>>340842538

Because Papa's still loyal to his dead wife.
>>
>>340842539
And we live in a world where a migrant can kill you any second, we still arent crazy racist assholes
>>
File: Gestalt_Nier.jpg (74 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Gestalt_Nier.jpg
74 KB, 800x450
>>340842538
Just look at this guy
LOOK
>>
>>340842637
Yeah because our situation doesn't cause it to be something we constantly have to worry about unless you live in the third world. And guess what, the people in the third world have a fucked up view of death.
>>
>>340842715
Women are attracted to power and wealth, not bishounen beauty. Men are generally more desirable in their 30s and even 40s than they are in their 20s, so long as they are in shape.
>>
>>340842715

Gonna be honest, he's really not that much of a looker. Especially after the timeskip. Replicant on the other hand lost his stupid haircut and only got more handsome as he aged.

>>340842802

You're forgetting that Kaine is only 17, which is only a year older than Brother. People are naturally drawn to people close in age to them.
>>
>>340842715
Not actually that bad.

I can totally see someone attracted to masculine men being able to be attracted that face.

>>340842875
And you're forgetting both men and women can be attracted to older men and women. It's really common for men to like milfs, and it's also pretty common for women to like men older than them.
>>
>>340843047
>And you're forgetting both men and women can be attracted to older men and women. It's really common for men to like milfs, and it's also pretty common for women to like men older than them.

Yeah, but not in Japan. It's anything but common, and usually when they marry someone much older, it's for financial security.
>>
File: nierdad6.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nierdad6.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340842539
>What if my brother couldn’t walk? Then I could protect him. Much easier than now. My hands shook slightly, and the knife I carried felt heavy.

They don't even worry THAT much about the shades, at least not until post-timeskip. Either way the point was that replicants aren't human, and it then makes a lot more sense how strange the world is with that in mind.

>>340842715
But just look at this guy, are you telling me a young woman who goes out of her way to highlight her femininity because of how everyone fears how masculine she acts wouldn't melt for the only person more masculine than her and accepts her?
>>
Keep in mind that it's only hinted that Kainé loves Nier. It's never stated, not even in Grimoire. That is the point, to keep it in the air on whether or not she learned to love again like she did as a real girl.
>>
>>340842715
Where's his eyebrows? He's just got brows.
>>
>>340843256
I find that hard to believe.

Anyway, the Gestalt version was specifically made for the western release, apparently.
>>
So, does anyone think Automata will be as depressing as Nier? Is that even possible?

Maybe they'll just go for fucked up like Drakengard is instead of outright sad.
>>
>>340843850
I think Platinum's gameplay would suit a "LET'S SLAUGHTER GIANT BABIES AND DO BOMBING RUNS ON DRAGONS" over "You're an awful person and you've ruined everything".
>>
>>340843256
You say that like she wouldn't fall in love with Replicant too

>>340843963
They already said that it'll be a very simple combat system and not go full Platinum. Apparently they were big fans of the original Nier and want to stay true to the original.

I mean at its core, Nier ran ok, and at worst the battle system was just clunky. Platinum just wants to upgrade it from "clunky but playable" to "good". They're not trying to turn it into Bayo.
>>
>>340842802
>not bishounen beauty
Well, if the said bishonen has power and wealth as well then he literally is the most desirable being to females.
>>
>>340842802
>not bishounen beauty
Don't ever go to Japan, is all I'm saying.
>>
Thank god Matt isn't in this one to fuck it up like he did FFX.

I'm hoping this playthrough is at least like the Super Mario RPG one.
>>
File: Pat.webm (430 KB, 320x568) Image search: [Google]
Pat.webm
430 KB, 320x568
>>
>>340846020
tiny fat red gnome makes bitches wet while bird hunting
>>
>>340839170
I thought they were done with shit games after that zombie game on wiiU

yawn, another playthrough to skip
>>
>>340843442

>Fucks a corpse that reminds her of Nier
>It's only hinted Kaine loves Nier!

Pretty obvious that Kaine loves Nier and finds it hard to move on after Ending D
>>
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT FUCKING SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No seriously,who, im interested
>>
>>340846408
Best Friends Play.
They're actually shit, but they're so shit it's entertaining
>>
>>340846020
Who is worse at doing a Dark Souls LP?

DSP or Pat "Im so huge for black men" Dwarf-man?
>>
>>340839170

fuck off e-celeb
>>
>>340841749
Despite me never watching his videos anymore, I can't get myself to unsub. There's something soothing about him still making videos.
>>
>>340839170
>misses herb merchant
Isn´t the herb merchant the dude that wants the moton?
Might remember that wrong.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.