[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xbox live going free rumors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29
File: 506578-xbox_live_logo_lo_res.jpg (167 KB, 1800x1039) Image search: [Google]
506578-xbox_live_logo_lo_res.jpg
167 KB, 1800x1039
Xbox live becoming free is the only thing that'll make me switch from ps4 to xbobe.

Pay walls only split the player base.
>>
That would actually be a genius move and get them to recover from what they've done while also putting a large leg over Sony. I would at the very least purchase a bone if that happens.
>>
File: 1465352512341.png (822 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1465352512341.png
822 KB, 525x809
>>340836007
literally every year.
Where the fuck did you get this source reddit?

That being said if they did go free it would sort of tip the scale a little.
>>
So
What online games are there to even play besides the generic FPS on xbone?
>>
File: sub.png (69 KB, 595x468) Image search: [Google]
sub.png
69 KB, 595x468
Will never happen. Microsoft makes too much money from Live subscriptions to ever get rid of it. Sony makes bank on PSN too.

pay to play subscriptions and "value added services" are the future. There's no escaping it
>>
>>340836007

Why would Sony or Microsoft make their service free when millions of people willingly purchase it?

They're not going to turn around and say "no thanks, we don't want your money"

Myth busted.
>>
>>340836007
I heard PC has free online too
>>
i hope that one day, there's a platform that has no monthly fees, good game selection, good graphics. and even be able to use any controller you want
>>
>>340836007
>free

bullshit. we all know what that means.

adverts. win10 does it and its "free"
>>
>>340836007
>implying they would be stupid enough to do this

your average """''gamer"""" thinks its perfectly fine to pay a fee for online
>>
>>340837624
Sony and Microsoft would just buy away exclusives that gamers would pay form
>>
with more and more xbone exclusives going to W10 i dont even think microsoft even gives a fuck about consoles
>>
>>340836007
paid online is a good thing cause it prevents all the BRs and cyka blyats from playing
>>
>>340837772
I don't give a shit about advertising. Sony does it so now its OK.

It's better than paying for online
>>
>>340836007
Oh god as a ps gamer i would love if xbox live went free. Would force sony to do it too. Since the ps4 came out ps+ has given complete garage as free games, was so much better during ps3 days.
>>
File: xbox live's new business model.jpg (90 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
xbox live's new business model.jpg
90 KB, 1024x682
>>
>>340839232
http://www.google.com/patents/US8246454
>>
First companies to this has all my shekels

Plus this will make xbox look like "le good guys" award that reddit stamps on companies .
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7 KB, 201x199
>>340839232
>xbox live's new business model.jpg
>it's a Sony trademark
>>
>>340836007
Online being free was really the only reason I got a PS3 first during that gen. Did get a 360 later but never played online on it. Don't have a current gen console and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon. But one making the online free would certainly make me consider it.

Also is it possible for the OG Xbox, PS2, and GC to have fan made servers and online that way? I'm one of the 5 people that actually played PS2 online and I kind of miss it. Playing online in an emulator just isn't the same, the emulator's kind of shit still.
>>
>>340838876

BRs and cyka blyats can't afford consoles anyway
>>
>>340839952

Look up Xlink Kai
>>
If they did that, it would legitimately have a shot at reviving the xbox.

Then again, with all the exclusive shit xbox has live it would take a MASSIVE fuckup on sony's part to get them to lose the already massive userbase that they have. Unless these rumors about these mid-gen revision models are true I don't see anyone making a switch at this point.
>>
>>340836594
Are you retarded? It's because the Xbone is getting crushed right now. Microsoft just cut the price to be cheaper than a PS4 and making Xbox Live free (and probably making GwG it's own thing like PS+ before the PS4) makes a lot of sense to attract new customers.
>>
>>340836518
Plants vs Zombies is pretty fun.
>>
>better backwards compatibility
>cheaper than PS4 now
>if true, no more paid online
All the Xbone needs is better console exclusives now.
>>
>>340836007
There is no way this is happening. Microsoft would be stupid to do this and they are a greedy company anyways.

Even if they did it wouldn't matter to me since there best games are now past them. Going free would have been best around 2007-2012(3). Now I could care less.
>>
Would be nice. But don't forget the PS3 had free online and it still got its ass kicked by the 360.
>>
>>340842152
Except it didn't. That was only in the first few years. Afterwards PS3 caught up and I believe even outsold 360 by a little.
>>
>>340836007
yeah right, like microsoft would give up such a reliable, constant revenue stream
>>
>>340842140
Xbox Live only makes them money if there are a lot of consoles sold. That simply isn't the case, they need to expand their install base first.
>>
>>340842257
See >>340842280
>>
>>340842280
>they need to expand their install base first
This would make sense if PSN was still free
>>
File: 1383971438714.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1383971438714.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
While i'll never forgive microshit for 'always online' and 'fuck you people who rent/buy second hand' I can see this as a step in the right direction but id still never buy a console from them again

How much money could they get from forcing you to watching adverts vs what they get now from the burgers they get from straight up paying?
>>
>>340836518
nothing exclusive but there are larger communities for MKX, I would argue destiny, DOOM right now, db xenoverse in the west, and a few other games have bigger concentrations of players on xbone than elsewhere.

call of duty, too. Still sells better on xbone than ps4.
>>
>>340836518
nothing exclusive but there are larger communities for MKX, I would argue destiny, DOOM right now, db xenoverse in the west, and a few other games have bigger concentrations of players on xbone than elsewhere.

call of duty, too. Still sells better on xbone than ps4.
>>
>>340842436
No, that's retarded. Microsoft needs a competitive edge over Sony, doing the same thing as Sony is not a competitive edge.
>>
>>340842517
depends. They could market to high value advertising agencies and make like $3 an ad for those really long obnoxious 2 minute ads, or they can shit out those 30 second mobile phone type unity ads and make a few cents.

Either way the ad money would add up, but it would need to be an alternative system, not just something they put in, because people WOULD complain if they're paying for a system and have to deal with fucking ads. And I mean real ads not those retarded benign ads you see in the console stores.
>>
>>340842657
At first I thought you were right, but I then realized the people that bought a PS4 have already locked their choice in AND they're paying $50/year for online
>>
>>340836007
>Rumors

You mean wishful thinking by Xfags

>Actually thinking MS would sacrifice an easy $3 billion from console peasants
>>
>>340842363
>>340842280
They are still getting subs from 360. Unless a massive number of people cancelled in recent years.

I haven't had gold in years now. In fact last time I played my 360 was when I played through the campaings of Halo 1-3 and then found a two week gold in my reach. It was a fun week but shame Halo 3's numbers are so low.
>>
>>340842657
>doing the same thing as Sony is not a competitive edge.

Making your online play service free is doing something Sony isn't.
>>
>>340842760
>mobile
oh man
what if they did that freemium shit where you can buy add free xboner or have to sit through them for your free cock of dooty game after a certain number of rounds
>>
>>340842280
do you really think they would cut off such a steady stream of revenue to sell a few more consoles this far into the generation?
>>
>>340842840
Which is the point. Hypothetically if Xbox Live goes free and still includes games with gold, that would actually be an unbeatable value. Nobody could resist a $300 box that's essentially a mid range gaming PC that comes with a lot of free games. And even without games with gold, it would still make the Xbone a better value than the PS4 and at the very least, a lot of parents would buy it for their children because of that.
>>
>>340842840
If someone's already bought their year or whatever the fuck of online pass, why would they switch to a new console? When the time rolls around to resub, they're gonna say "ehh... Do I really wanna rebuy the system PLUS my games? And all my friends are here too..." and just resub. It's how it worked on 360.

>>340842978
That's what I was getting at. They'd turn the xbox store into some sort of mobile shitfest. That'd be the only major source of revenue they would have left. And I highly, highly doubt they'd do that because forcing your paying customers to watch ads just to continue playing is a bullet in your fucking face.
>>
>>340843028
Yes. That steady stream of revenue isn't a steady stream of revenue at all if the install base is shit.
>>
File: 1457029430842.png (849 KB, 1424x761) Image search: [Google]
1457029430842.png
849 KB, 1424x761
OP is a huge fag, like usual.
But right now, Microsoft has got a really big issue to clarify.
They are merging Xbox and Win10, mixing together consoles and PC with the same games. But while Xbox owners have to pay to play online, win10 users can play for free.
Many users complained about this and Microsoft still have to give a proper answer.

So they can:
>Make live gold officially free for both PC and consoles
>Force PC players to pay for Live gold like console users (lol)
>Transform Live Gold in a premium service like PS+ on ps3, online play is free forboth consoleand PC players but theycan subscribe to get free games each month and other services
Both the first and last possibilities would totally spin the good PR machine towards Microsoft, like it already happened for backwards compatibility.
>>
>>340841946
Thank you anon.
>>
>>340842138
>All the Xbone needs is better console exclusives now.

The Rare IPs alone would be system sellers but they were too stupid to use and instead baited their customers for years
>>
File: 1456905072972.jpg (198 KB, 1257x1073) Image search: [Google]
1456905072972.jpg
198 KB, 1257x1073
I just want mustard chef collection on pc
>>
>>340843135
They also need to fix their online store. The digital versions are always more expensive than the physical
>>
>>340843121
at best they would break even from losing the xbox live money. and then what happens with xbox two or whatever the hell they call it? either they would reintroduce paid online or keep it free, and i doubt microsoft is interested in losing all of that free future money.
>>
>>340843135
That's a fine theory, but the old one was to remove XBL's paywall to undercut Sony after they announced that PSN would cost money.
>>
>>340843353
Well, that's a problem also PS Store and Eshop have. But yes, if Microsoft wants to compete with Steam on PC, they have to work something out.
>>
>>340843028
>this far into the generation
This gen just barely started. PS4 just had the first must have games and people are still migrating from the 360s.
>>
>>340836518
Gears of War 4 is coming out, and it's shaping up to be pretty fantastic. Gears franchise in general has always had the most addictive multiplayer imo with tons of depth.
>>
>>340842762
This. The PS4 userbase is already pretty overwhelming and most people don't have enough money/don't see the need to own 2 consoles and buy games for both.
>>
>>340843135
>win10 users can play for free.

This is false. Win10 users have to install win10, even paying the sub fee for Live is better than that.
>>
>>340843413
They can compromise though. Make Xbox live free, but keep GwG as a paid subscription. People love subscription services these days, if they advertised the Xbone as having FREE online and paying like $5 a month to get four free games a month (two Xbone games, two 360 games), they could increase their revenue stream a lot.
>>
I could see it happening. Everyone knows that its a rip off and despite better sales it put off a lot of people from buying as PS4 as well

Backwards Comp + Free Online are the thing that could safe their failed system
>>
>>340843565
We're still pretty early in the gen, there's a lot of people who haven't bought a PS4 or Xbox One yet. I doubt Microsoft would be targeting PS4 owners with this, they'd be targeting new customers and idorts.
>>
>>340843568
>le Win10 is bad meme
Grow up anon
>>
>>340836518
Halo Wars 2
Killer Instinct
Forza Horizon 3

Magic Duels
>>
>>340843682
My job requires me to use win10, or my boss does rather. It's shit.
>>
>>340842138
You forgot

>vastly superior controller
>console is dead silent and barely get hot
>>
>PC players complain about consoles having exclusives
>Microsoft ports most of their exclusives to PC

>people complain about paid online
>if true, Microsoft removes that

>/v/ will STILL regard Microsoft as the cancer killing the industry
>>
Terrible

The reason you pay for xbox live, is so that games don't charge for individual online services. Look it up. Microsoft talked about this back with the original xbox
>>
I have no problem with paid online if it ensures better servers. PSN stability and speeds have always been complete shit. OG XBL was very unified, solid and broke new ground. The 360 XBL was just amazing, great download speeds, community, updates. I dont have an xbone so I cant comment but im sure its at least as good as the 360. Even when paying for ps+, psn still sucks. But it is infinitely better than it was with the shitty PS3. If 5 bucks a month is to much for you then maybe gaming really isnt the hobby for you. Then again this is just r/masterrace who pirates everythings on their moms 5 year old laptops and call themselves hardcore gamers
>>
>>340843749
>>vastly superior controller
Really? I've only held my friend's PS4 controller once, and but it didn't seem vastly inferior.

>>console is dead silent and barely get hot
True. That fuck huge design really paid off. I wonder if the Xbox One has a lower long term failure rate than the PS4.
>>
>>340843789
>/v/ will STILL regard Microsoft as the cancer killing the industry

Its called damage control. The system nearly completely bombed on release with the always online controversy + forced kinect. Them backpadeling this much is only done to safe face.

Windows 10 is suffering as well. If it wouldnt be pushed on every new prebuilt + the creepy "it downloads and installs itself shtick" the numbers would be terrible
>>
>>340843996
>Them backpadeling this much is only done to safe face.
Every company is only looking out for their shareholders. Sony is no different. At least Microsoft is willing to change their course due to consumer feedback. My point is not that Microsoft is good, it's that they're not worse than anyone else.
>>
>>340843996
>If it wouldnt be pushed on every new prebuilt
This happens with every new Windows version.
>>
>>340843704
>Halo Wars 2

Why is anyone hyped for this when the first game was so crap? They didn't even let you play as the flood in the first game.
>>
>>340843903
They really perfected the console controller in my opinion. It fits in the hands perfectly and is nothing but improvements over the 360.
>>
File: 1465295076426.jpg (31 KB, 502x432) Image search: [Google]
1465295076426.jpg
31 KB, 502x432
>Spend $300-400 on the console
>Spend upwards $120 on games
>$60 for a year subscription! are you crazy?!

Pay walls hardly matter for consoles. I've always been of the firm belief that if you're buying a console and the games for it, the subscription is just a drop in the hat.
No fucking way I'd buy an xbone just because it has a free online service, and I suspect most others wouldn't fall for it either.
It'd pretty much only be useful for keeping the people who already own one so they don't drop it once their sub runs out
garbage console in general with an amount of good games that isn't worth it.
>>
File: windows7line.jpg (69 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
windows7line.jpg
69 KB, 600x366
>>340844116
True but "back in the day" you actually had launch events while with 8 and 10 the whole thing passed away
>>
>>340843789
I dunno man. The fact that to use their newest OS, which you need if you want to play the Bone exclusives they've brought to PC, no longer has patch notes, you can not decline updates regardless of what you're doing, you can not turn certain things off, and you have to block shit at the router level in order to keep your data usages down if your ISP does not have an unlimited plan, which is something most ISPs no longer offer anymore, kinda seems like cancer to me.
>>
File: 1340366245943.jpg (234 KB, 1202x739) Image search: [Google]
1340366245943.jpg
234 KB, 1202x739
>>340843996
>Windows 10 is suffering as well. If it wouldnt be pushed on every new prebuilt + the creepy "it downloads and installs itself shtick" the numbers would be terrible

>Had 7 for years
>Said no to upgrading to Win 10
>Upgrades itself anyway
>Ads on the start menu
>"okay"
>Have it for a week
>Start button no longer works
>>
>>340843996
Damage control or not, the important thing is Microsoft improves and drops his shit practises. Call it damage control if you want to, it's still a good thing for all users.
>>
>>340844189
>$60 for a year subscription! are you crazy?!

Yes its crazy because theres no reason for it to exist.
>>
>>340844353
I was talking about the Xbox One, not the PC. I don't know that much about Windows 10 and quite frankly don't care. It's never gotten in the way of my day to day usage of my computer. Things like dx12 seem to be an improvement.
>>
>>340837624
They're called PCs
>>
>>340844413
>Microsoft improves and drops his shit practises

If by improve you mean stretch things out so change happens so gradually most people would not notice it as it became the norm you're correct.
>>
>>340844413
>Damage control or not, the important thing is Microsoft improves and drops his shit practises.

I do agree on that. Now if they would actually do that with their gaming IPs as well and create system sellers i would actually consider buying a xbone.

Still waiting for a new conker, banjo and freelancer 2
>>
>>340844189
Without paid online, consoles are actually cheaper than PC gaming and all the PCucks will finally shut up and stop trying to convert everyone to gaming on toasters for the same price.
>>
>>340843789
Microsoft is a pretty great company nowadays.

>Everyone went apeshit over their move to go always online at E3, so they just completely scrapped it instead of being stubborn.
>They've had great customer support on their website (chat service, phone number doesn't send you to foreigners)
>Supporting 360 still with backwards compatibility
>>
>>340844413
>Microsoft improves and drops his shit practises
You're lying to yourself if you think this is the case. They're always trying to push the envelope for jewery, because they know some people will never learn and will always trust them.

The whole xbone scandal wasn't the first and it certainly won't be the last.
>>
>>340844687
What do you mean? The Xbone is the only console this gen that has just been games and nothing else. No stupid gimmicks. They haven't really done much but improve since E3.
>>
>>340844428
"I wanna get fucked hard by micro$oft, but not THAT hard"
You wanna play their games, you pay the price. If you can't afford that, then you really shouldn't have a console. It's a luxury

>>340844637
You're still playing on an xbox one though. Which is the most garbage console in fucking history
>>
>>340844914
>The Xbone is the only console this gen that has just been games and nothing else. No stupid gimmicks.
Got a good laugh out of me.

>They haven't really done much but improve since E3.
You're not wrong, but it's not hard to improve over Microsoft E3s from a few years ago.
>>
>xbl goes free
>gold becomes a free game/discounts/cloud storage service

that'd be nice
>>
>>340843789
The "gaming industry" would be so much better if microsoft never joined it.

Sony wouldn't have a rival for it's graphics dick waving contest so it could make actual games, and there'd be one less retarded group in the then hopefully not as awful console war.
>>
>>340844916
>You wanna play their games, you pay the price. If you can't afford that, then you really shouldn't have a console. It's a luxury

Customers is king faggot and not the other way around.

If they want to know what it takes i will them what stops me from supporting them and its obvious scams as xbox live
>>
On reading some of these posts this is painfully obvious literal shills and/or people pretending to be them. I'm out.
>>
>>340845121
Because not having competition is good, right? Fucking idiot. Nintendo barely provides competition as they don't get many multiplats anyways and have a different target audience. Sony could do whatever they want if there was no competition.
>>
>>340844687
Microsoft compltely dropped kinect, gave us backwards compatibility and is portinggames on PC. Not saying they are angels or saviours (no company is, it's just business) but they are doing all the right steps.
>>
>>340837772
xbox live has ads with or without gold
>>
File: 1332964448656.jpg (19 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1332964448656.jpg
19 KB, 200x193
>>340845230
>Customers is king faggot and not the other way around.
Well then it's a good thing for them that customers are mostly fucking morons that'll buy it anyway huh
To say that xbox live is the reason the xbone flopped would be incredibly silly
>>
>>340845489
>To say that xbox live is the reason the xbone flopped would be incredibly silly

no one said that in the first place
>>
>>340845592
Then it's safe to say that xbox live being free wouldn't save it either.
>>
>>340845724
No but its another plus for the system and with added back wards compatibility theres a potential for growth
>>
>>340844687

>microsoft gives everyone a chance to play their old games if they still own them digitally or physically
>sony has repackaged the same games over and over again for resale and you're forced to rebuy them each platform

how is microsoft the jew company here?
>>
>>340845270
Theyre only doing these "right" steps because sony forced their hand. A dominant microsoft is much worse than a dominant sony. The ps3 reveal and everything about it sucked ass sure, but it wasnt some dystopia drm box that the xbone originally was. All because of how succesful the 360 was.
>>
>>340845724
That's not true. Free online is a huge selling point over the PS4. Free online is why I got a PS3 over a 360, I suspect that helped the PS3 catch up despite the bad start.
>>
>>340845882
>This is what people who form emotional connections to companies actually believe
>>
>>340846220
>butthurt microdick or nintenigger detected

No ones taking your shitty xbone and wii u away bud, no need to freak out. Keep projecting though
>>
>>340846317
I'm a PCuck actually. I just think companies will always care about their shareholders more than you.
>>
>>340846467
Uh...of course? The ps1 and ps2 were better than any xbox console and when its all said and done, the ps4 will very likely end up being better than the xbone. The 360 is the only console that bested sony.
>>
>>340836007
This is true. They're also going to reveal their new invention; flying pigs.
>>
>>340846542
That's not the point. The point is how malicious Sony is vs Microsoft.
>>
File: 1416928368159.png (36 KB, 878x1235) Image search: [Google]
1416928368159.png
36 KB, 878x1235
>40 million sonyfags can't be wrong
>>
>>340836007
Still wouldn't get one after that desu
>>
>>340846749
Sony at their peak is less malicious than microsoft at their peak. As shitty as the ps3 was, it doesnt compare to what the xbone originally was. If the xbone ran away and the ps4 was a retread of the shit ps3, then nothing at all would change with its original reveal. That is all i was ever saying
>>
File: 1305850021154.jpg (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1305850021154.jpg
64 KB, 300x300
>can't play games downloaded on Xbox gold without an active subscription

This is the most retarded shit. I have a PC, so I don't have a big reason to want to keep paying to play online. They're not free, because you have to keep paying monthly to play them. It's like saying Netflix movies are free.
>>
>>340845882
As long as they do the right steps, I don't give a fuck why they do them. It's like you people can't accept the fact Microsoft did something right and you have to rationalize everything they did to deny it was good.
>>
>>340847045
What? You can keep games from GwG even after your live subscription ends.
>>
>>340846859
And Sony's strategy is to let Microsoft take all the bad PR and copy them. If they weren't just as malicious as Microsoft, they wouldn't ride their dick so hard.
>>
>>340836549
playstation plus does not make up all of PSN though
>>
>>340847045

Stay subscribed goy!
>>
File: 1407933277796.png (112 KB, 1818x819) Image search: [Google]
1407933277796.png
112 KB, 1818x819
>>340847085
Because its so transparent, their attempts. If these "nice gestures" the xbone has had completely turned it around and made it stomp the ps4, then you can be assured the next xbox would reintroduce the features the original xbone intended to have. Microsoft is a terrible company. As far as gaming goes, they peaked at around 2008 or 9. Once they revealed the kinect and started rolling for multimedia features, xbox tv. that was it. And if it wasnt for sony and the ps4, they wouldve kept rolling down that path with no one left to stop them. Competition is good. But microsoft is bad.
>>
>>340836007
But XBOX Live is already free. It's Gold that costs money.
>>
>>340847191
But you can't play them. I got a month of Gold for free in an email, and downloaded Sunset Overdrive and Lords of the Fallen, and after my month ran out, I couldn't play them anymore. It's ridiculous.
>>
File: 146537609216.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
146537609216.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>340844539
this guy
>>
>>340847375
And I was able to play my games after my subscription expired. I'm 99% sure your problem was because you had a trial subscription.
>>
>>340838067
I fucking want forza horizon 2 on pc so bad, i don't wanna get an xbone for it though
>>
File: 1458815549316.jpg (163 KB, 844x922) Image search: [Google]
1458815549316.jpg
163 KB, 844x922
>>340847337

>"Its all transparent! They are the bad guys!"
>"Sony are the good guys!"

Pajeet you stick out harder than a nigger at a klan rally right now.
>>
>>340847662
Sony is better than microsoft yes. Whether thats saying much is up to you. The PS4 is the only console this gen worth owning and it will utterly destroy the xbone when this gen is over. As gaming machines, the original xbox and the 360 were great, company be damned. But the ps2 was better still and the ps3 will always forever be worthless and only for playing movies and anime weeaboo garbage for permanent virgins. I do not see much in the ps4 but I know it will trump the xbone in just about every conceivable way besides server security/stability/speeds.
>>
>>340842517
Spot the sonygger
>>
File: 1465549009754.png (218 KB, 647x563) Image search: [Google]
1465549009754.png
218 KB, 647x563
>all these sonyggers making excuses for free online

Have fun playing no games, paying foe online and buying a remastered console Sony cucks.
>>
>>340847375
>>340847458
Probably license related.
>>
>>340836594
Because they actually believe that Uncle Phil loves them.
>>
>>340843714
>>
I'm pretty shocked that Sony convinced these sonyggers to take out credit cards and loans to buy triple ps4s to inflate their numbers in the first place.
>>
>>340848532

>Uncle Gaben/Shu/Kaz/Reggie/Phil loves me!

Console wars are a mental illness lad, seek help
>>
Psn is like what,300$ a year with psvue, music unlimited, psnow ?

With all that value you would never need a

>iTunes account
>Cable
>Netflix
>Backwards compatibility

It basically plays for itself!

Who doesn't make more than 300$ a year. Don't be greedy .
>>
>>340848778
Jesus Christ. Is it even neogaf anymore or just automated Sony bots ?
>>
>>340848676
They really should. A casual glance at XboxP3's feed is evidence that a good chunk of the Xbox fanbase suffered hefty childhood trauma.
>>
>>340847337
MS really has fucked over a lot of IPs. Nowhere close to EA, but what they did to Rare was fucking unforgivable
>>
>>340836007
Paywalls keep BR shitters out. I love them.

Get a job you worthless coon.
>>
>>340847337
But Halo was originally a Mac exclusive, it wasn't coming to Windows like that post said.
>>
Xbox Live is pretty much like 60-70% revenue of xbox brand probably.

You are fucking retarded if you expect Microsoft to cut this.
>>
Free online has to be the new standard
. It's bonkers that you have to pay for online you already pay for. They should have a tier system where you get games every month for people that want that. Outside of that, make online free. Good point, it does split the fan base and a lot of smaller and older games don't get matchmaking because no one that plays them pays for live
>>
>>340849036

Same with Shu Yoshida's. Someone at Sega raped these people with just how much they hate other consoles.

Sonyggers are a mental illness
>>
>>340849283
Sonyggers like you have to be the most corporately blind and absolutely brainwashed morons I've ever seen. Next to Mac fags, you guys take the award for dumbest shills . Sony can blatantly raise the price of pan to 100$ a month without improving anything and you'd happily abide.

> psn is a fancy top line Luxury 100$ service for superior intellectuals such as myself
>god bless sony

Fuck you
>>
>>340849970
Google Chris chan humps ps3.

That shows you how sick these psychos really are
>>
>>340849970
>Sega

Doubt it, that shit started being irrelevant in 1992. No one wanted to be "that kid with the Sega console" afterwards unless you wanted to spend lunchtime with your head down the lavvy.
>>
>>340836007
xbox live is having free weekends very often now, I assume they are testing for a free version of live with add's, and a paid version without.

just right now xbox live is free from 9 to 12 of June with rocket league also free (ends today)
>>
Literally only reason to own a ps3 was free online.

Xbox actually has games and more games being announced Monday so they have more leverage. Also, it's selling wayyyyy better than the ps3 was at the same timeframe. Not to mention this years e3 isn't gonna nothing but lies like song is doing
>>
>>340850089

Go look at any Sony twitter feed. The amount of people defending sony for any jew move is unreal and some are still screaming "DELTE THIS" at metacritic. They have some serious childhood issues and inferiority complexes. Even the slightest mention of PC Gaming or Nintendo triggers them.

>>340850193

>CWC is a Sonygger

Explains a lot, really.

>>340850248

Nintendo fans were always the biggest on the playground. Sony secondaries were the autistic kids just licked their boots and prayed they wouldn't have their lunch money stolen by the Nintendo fans.
>>
>>340850089
More like
>PSplus is raised to $100/year
>It includes 5 percent off on pre-orders digital games
>"GLOB GLOB SONY COCK MMMMM IT BASICALLY MAKES IT FREE"
>>
File: IMG-20160420-WA0002.jpg (30 KB, 266x309) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160420-WA0002.jpg
30 KB, 266x309
>>340836549
>"Value added services"
>aka netflix, espn, fucking singleplayer modes in games and a literal web browser
What a fucking joke, if i met the person who made this shit irl I'd break his fucking neck.

>nb4 nuh uh some of those are free now
They'd charge you fucks for every breath you take if they knew it wouldn't lose them customers. The fact that they ever thought this shit was acceptable condemns them to eternal "worse than Hitler" status.
>>
>>340850321
I wish there was a place where we could have vidya discussion without Sony ponies. It's fun having a group of psychos like the ponies but every once in a while its nice to talk games without Sony ponies around.

Sony fans are truly the most cancerous
>>
>>340850390
Yup. Sony is pretty shit. They did kill Michael Jackson and raped Keisha
>>
>>340845121
Microsoft are resposible for good online on consoles. And don't give me that Dreamcast/Saturn shit. Those consoles had like 5 online mp games.
>>
>>340836007
it's definitely not going free,
multiplayer was free for the past 3 days though
>>
>>340850321
>>340850469
Oh dear. Looks like I found the Sega fans with their heads down the lavvy.

Speaking of Sega fans and related autism, what's CWC been up to recently? Last I heard he maced some unsuspecting Gamestop employee. Makes a change from spaghetti spillage.
>>
>>340850353

They already started with paywalls, remasters, kickstarters , and now ps4k.

Cant wait to see how they'll cuck their customer base during e3
>>
>>340850593
Chris chan has been humping his ps3. Behaving like a typical sonygger
>>
File: miyamoto-laughing.jpg (49 KB, 708x469) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto-laughing.jpg
49 KB, 708x469
>>340850593

Found the autist sony fan who was beggiing Nintendo fans not to steal his lunch money all his life. Probably still does

Give me your lunch money, loser. Trash Bandicrap will never be as good as Mario 64
>>
>>340850593
Oh gee my bad. Talking video games is bad news for the sony shills. Sony really hates video games don't they ?
>>
>>340850667
PSVR most people thinks is just $400, can't wait to see them get home and realise that shit doesn't work without the ps4 camera

>i-it's just another $60 are you poor?
>>
>>340850308
That would be nice. If online was free, and the paid version removed ads, gave you GwG (and possibly improved it), and hopefully they added a few more goodies to entice people to subscribe to it.
>>
>>340836007

>implying making a shitty online service free would get someone to dump over £250 on a console
>>
>>340850834
>you have to shove the move controller up your ass

> it's just anal prove
> what are you scared ?
>>
>>340850745
>>340850829
>>340850832

Uh oh, the bad memories are flooding back for the Segacucks. Good for me, my GSK stocks are going to go through the roof because of their medication increases.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 255x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 255x170
>>340848778
Disgusting
>>
File: Iwata-Miyamoto-Laughing.jpg (35 KB, 577x315) Image search: [Google]
Iwata-Miyamoto-Laughing.jpg
35 KB, 577x315
>>340851095

>This loser deflecting to Sega because he's triggered by defending Trash Bandicrap and all the other shovelware Vs The Nintengods line up.

Still upset Occarina destroyed Final Film 7 then

Hand over the lunch money or you go down the toilet again, loser
>>
I'll trade in my ps4 and use the 10$ I get for it to buy a xbox slim .

I might even shill for Xbox like I did for Sony . Tired of Sonys bulshit lately
>>
>>340851284
>implying Panzer Dragon Saga didn't rape FF7

just go read reviews form panzer dragon saga back in the day the gamespot one is briti gud
>>
>>340851284
Oh dear, I've got the Segacuck so furious he's going back to the insults he thought up with his head in the cistern that he would spit out quickly when he was let up for air.

Funny thing, I'm that Nintendo fan who moved over after I got tired of Sega's shit. A real shame Daniel didn't see sense. I always felt a little bad when I was done pummeling him behind the bike shed after school.
>>
>>340851692
lmao youre more autistic than any nintendo or sonic fan. youre fantasizing about being tough and portraying the role as the classic schoolyard bully as seen in hollywood movies. fucking autism i swear
>>
Ps4 will still sell better regardless. Xbox one is doomed and it only sells well in USA, everywhere else is like the Wii U, you tried, you failed, that's how things work.
>>
>>340847458
It's because 360 and xbone gwg games are treated differently
>>
File: wFK16.gif (592 KB, 535x334) Image search: [Google]
wFK16.gif
592 KB, 535x334
>>340851692

>Fantisising about being the bully because you were a sony secondary and begging Nintengods not to hurt you every day.

Still have nightmares about people laughing at your Trash Bandicrap lunchbox to this day and beating you up behind the bikeshed. Pathetic, really.
>>
>>340836007
ps3 was free and xbox 360 wasnt
i and others still played xbox 360 because it was better and had more games
xbox one becomes free and ps4 isnt
ill still play ps4, it has more games, and its better

retarded shills like >>340836167
arent going to change the fact that this happened in the past and didnt do shit
people will gladly pay a small monthly fee for a better experience
>>
>>340853778

>i and others still played xbox 360 because it was better and had more games
For the first third of the generation maybe.
>>
>>340853619
I had a Batman lunchbox, I slammed it into the Segacuck's face once, he cried like a bitch. Probably the same way you've spent the last thirty minutes! Should have spent the time thinking up some original lines. :)
>>
File: Reggie-3.jpg (53 KB, 300x308) Image search: [Google]
Reggie-3.jpg
53 KB, 300x308
>>340853985

>More fantasies from the sony secondary wishing he was on the winning side

No wonder Sony secondaries were always in the special needs class
>>
File: 1460654109043.jpg (21 KB, 571x308) Image search: [Google]
1460654109043.jpg
21 KB, 571x308
>>340853985

>He's a DCuck as well
>>
>>340854175
>More bitter anger and fantasy projection

Please, Segacuck, tell it to your psychiatrist, he'll be able to adjust the dosage you need. :)
>>
File: 1463403653717.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463403653717.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>340854439

>So much fantasy and projection he's acusing others of it
>He's a Sony Secondary and a DCuck

Keep on going, CWC
>>
File: kyoukai_mitsuki_swimsuit_10.png (962 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kyoukai_mitsuki_swimsuit_10.png
962 KB, 1280x720
Give me one single reason to get a xbox over a PS4 when i already have a good PC?
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.