[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DayZ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: 478772.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
478772.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Whats about DayZ?

Is it any good.
Any way to play it for free?
>>
>>340824665
it was the first major open-world zombie-survival-sandbox game. That's it.

>is it any good
do you like ArmA? Would you like it to have Zombies? There's your answer.

>play for free?
Pirate ArmA2 and get the old mod -version.
>>
>Wanting to play DayZ
>>
>>340825026
What's wrong with the stand alone?

>>340825191
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>340825261
nothing, but you asked how to play it for free...
actually, scratch that. Just pirate the standalone version.

>what's wrong with it
same as with 99% of zombie-survival-sandbox-shooters: they get dull very quickly, and never seem to get out of Early Access.
>>
File: e94.jpg (60 KB, 310x394) Image search: [Google]
e94.jpg
60 KB, 310x394
>What about DayZ

I don't know, what about it you faggot?

>Is it any good.(fantastic use of punctuation here, truly)

No.

>Any way to play it for free?

No you little bitch. Unless you feel like playing the dying/mostly dead Arma 2 mod.

>>340825261

>What's wrong with the standalone?

It's shit.

>What's wrong with it?

It's shit.

Anything else, gaylord?
>>
>>340825710
Are you bitter or so?
You seem like a child.

>>340825645
Any link?
I tried already to get on google and failed.
>>
>>340825710
Did you have a bad day Anon? Did someone hurt your feelings? You can tell us, you know.
>>
>>340826590
>Spoonfeed me: the post

If you're gonna come on here and start asking about shit games, at least find your own links.

And yeah. I am fucking bitter. Bitter that it's been like 3 years now, and the developers have practically taken the money and ran, and are still making money because of stupid faggots like you, who didn't get the memo that the game is fucking shit in the first place.
>>
>>340827039
kek faggot.

Redpill me on the precursors then.
>>
File: 1397690243606.jpg (65 KB, 964x873) Image search: [Google]
1397690243606.jpg
65 KB, 964x873
>>340824665
was better in arma 2 as a mod. its fucking trash now that will never be finished. rocket cucked every single person that bought the game. dayz is my single biggest regret ever on steam. borderlands 2 being the next.
>>
>>340827193
I dont know what the fuck Jak and Daxter has to do with this but OK.

The precursors are basically tiny space jews who are apparently the strongest beings in the universe, despite being tiny rats.

Also, even though their the most powerful beings in the universe, they needed Jak's help to beat the nigger monsters.
>>
>>340824665
They came out with .60 experimental version there is only 15 people working on it anyone want to play Dayz with me?
>>
Its really shitted me off having to wait for progress on DayZ, shit hasnt changed from the start since it has been released and has only just gotten worse with every damn update.
Early access needs to go from steam to stop pieces of shit like this happening again, so many ea games I have now which are dead slow or dead completely
>>
>>340825645
Dayz did basically start this genre i always thought it was pretty shitty. I used to only play it when my brother and some friends wanted to play it. I thought it was dreadfully boring and had no desire to play it alone.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-23+at+05.42.35).jpg (33 KB, 260x318) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-23+at+05.42.35).jpg
33 KB, 260x318
I only play on roleplay servers anymore.

The community is beyond malaria.
Whats the fucking point? Ill just play the original ArmA if I want to shoot people. Some servers use "slow zombies" or have none at all.

Also: unstoppable donating clans that build castles and camp the entire servers with snipers on Epoch (Arma II more prominently).

If that happens just report the server to Bohemia Interactive, thats against the Game Content Usage Rules; donations that effect game-play turns it into wallet warriors. Never play on those servers, and always check the server site for donation shit before investing time on the server you choose.

https://www.bistudio.com/community/game-content-usage-rules
>>
File: PieCaptcha.jpg (118 KB, 475x725) Image search: [Google]
PieCaptcha.jpg
118 KB, 475x725
>>340828993
The only time I really had a good experience with DayZ was when the community was fresh, and the game was new. Nobody knew what anything was, and naturally cultivated a friendly environment.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
Waiting on the ps4 port
>>
>>340830154
I tend to avoid these type of games but i imagine the community is pretty cancer now. If i recall these type of games are popular with the big youtubers who pander to underage kids like pewdiepie.
>>
File: 1465627741573.png (59 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1465627741573.png
59 KB, 240x240
https://youtu.be/dYirOC_3HSg
>>
Standalone is fun for a while, gets boring after 30+ hours depending on what you want to do.

Standalone seems to be going down hill. It's kinda dead too, around 5k most of the time, 10k tops but i'm assuming it will drop in a few weeks.

Never expect much or hold high hopes for Dayz updates, You would think that how they brag about "selling 1m+ copies" and treating their Dx11 update as the second coming of Christ, things would have improved.

Hardly the case. From what I've seen it's still the same old shit.

>spawn
>loot
>avoid the 14 zombie world population
>die by glitches, hackers, suicide or shot to death

The whole Steam community is cancerous as fuck, anyone with half a brain left ages ago. Now it's just

>hordes of fanboys spending more time defending the forums than playing the actual game
>tons of technical problem threads
>mods going maximum damage control sending everything to the "Trash Bin" sub-forum, which nearly has 1/3 of the General Discussion thread total
>people complaining/defending KOS

Don't even go to the Steam forum.

Back onto the game. It hasn't even hit Beta yet, still Alpha to the point where people crying "itz alfa!!" is just a meme because it has been in Alpha for so fucking long.

KOS is a huge problem right now. You can't even blame people for doing it at this point because there's literally nothing else to do. Zombies pose no threat and get wiped out almost instantly in every populated area on every active server. Gear is too easy to get, not sure if they patched loot spawns. "Surviving" is boring because the Devs can't balance zombies for shit and there are no other forms of enemies other than players.

So now everyone just kills everyone the second they get a ranged weapon. Just tryhard CoD and CS:GO players that take the "le don't trust anyone" meme rule incredibly seriously and go out of their way to hunt fresh spawns and people with barely any gear, then resort to "muh survival". Niggers of the community.

>>
>>340831371
>he fails against children
>gets bitter without limits

Oh wow
>>
>>340831371
Not even surprised the game is pretty dead. A lot of people still play the arma 2 mod because it has a more developed server mods. I never wasted the money in it because i knew it would be a perpetual beta (if it ever gets that far) and never gets updates. Seriously what game stays in fucking early access/alpha that long.
>>
>>340831371
TL;DR Version

>barely anything has improved, just a slight FPS boost, slightly better graphics, and shitty gear and minor mechanics you'll forget about.
>community is cancer
>game is dying
>still in alpha
>beta could possibly still be 1+ years away
>no mod support
>no single-player
>gameplay is basically the same, nothing incredibly game-changing that the mod doesn't already have.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.