[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT useless weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15
File: saint_bident.png (15 KB, 189x276) Image search: [Google]
saint_bident.png
15 KB, 189x276
ITT useless weapons
>>
Any weapon that is not a straight sword or estoc
>>
>>340819380
Any slow weapon.
>>
How did From fuck up the weapon balance in 3 so bad?
>>
>>340820541
Poise
>>
>>340820541
by making weapons with speed and range instead of one or the other
>>
>rolls take almost no time or stamina to perform
>chugging estus is almost unpunishably fast while being able to move slowly while chugging
>slow weapons are damn near useless in invasions
>the game almost rewards mashing R1 with a straight sword/rapier/curved sword
>no poise

I'm fucking sad /v/, I just wanted one last good PvP experience before it was over.
>>
>>340821249
Can always play DaS2 :^)
>>
>>340821387
>worst game has the best PvP

Thanks From.
>>
File: kate marsh.jpg (3 KB, 102x125) Image search: [Google]
kate marsh.jpg
3 KB, 102x125
>>340819380
Is it that bad?

I've been meaning to do a faith play through but as far as I can tell it's pretty much fucking impossible.
>>
>>340821387
It has some of the bes-
nevermind, >>340821454 beat me to saying it.
>>
>>340820541
>Changing Poise to having such a minor function nobody ever notices that it takes hundreds of testing hours to figure out
>Is basically nothing
>Didn't ever say it, nor update the in-game description
>0 old Poise means any weapon can stunlock if fast enough
>Meta is dominated by fast weapons with massive range and the fastest Parrying tool in the game
>Almost exclusively either
>Get hit once and get combo'd to death by twin-weapon users with the Darkmoon Blessing
>Take Estoc pokes with phantom range 1.5X the length of the weapon

>The usual Magic problems
>Parry baiting is still rampant
>Still the same old shitty netcode
>Still the same old shitty patch notes
>STILL haven't fixed the Blue Covenant issues
>Scythes finally get a buff after a Nerf due to "fixing" a bug they had
>Still total shit with "correct spot" damage that only does tooltip if you hit with the blade
>Damage is still far below what it should be for a medium speed, medium range weapon with a really shitty weapon art and awkward attack boxes that are literally crooked
>Most Heavy Weapons are a joke with the exception of Morne's and the Astora Great Sword, 2nd of which can't even be properly classified as a "Heavy" weapon except for the Hyper Frames
>Perseverance Weapon Art does literally nothing
Blah blah blah you get the idea, we continue to suck Fromsoft cock and they continue to produce progressively worse products, cause they can get away with it.
>>
>>340821619
Faith is horrible, it's not even nerfed, just worthless altogether. The extra healing isn't even viable because you get so much estus anyway. Holy is also a trash infusion. What the fuck From?
>>
File: image.png (30 KB, 191x288) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30 KB, 191x288
>>340819380
>>
>>340821249
>blaming the game because you're shit at it.
>>
File: Soldering-Iron.png (44 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Soldering-Iron.png
44 KB, 512x512
>stops estus recovery
>that could be good for pvp
>literally only for 3 seconds
>>
>>340822879
>Massive, slow spear that should be a higher damage version of the normal spears in the game
>Does only slightly more damage than a regular spear while attacking with less than half the speed
>It's moveset is shit, it's R1 takes an hour to get out, the R2 is a big low damage charge instead of a big poke, and the WA is a big low damage charge that takes FP
I get that it's difficult to balance +100 weapons, but how do you manage to make a weapon actually worthless while making straight swords obnoxiously efficient
>>
I'm not even sure if I'm excited about what they're making next. They seem to be getting further and further away from what made Demon's and Dark Souls so special. Hopefully a new IP will let them reset the table and make something great but I'm definitely keeping my expectations in check this time around.
>>
>>340821619
It's not horrible, it's just that the good stuff is mid to endgame.
>>
>>340822879
i miss the actual greatlance
>>
>>340823523
To be fair, DS2 and 3 stem from a contractual obligation with Namco, and a relatively messy development
As long as they're making something they actually want to make, I have faith it will turn out good
>>
File: drop shot.png (1 KB, 69x70) Image search: [Google]
drop shot.png
1 KB, 69x70
>Thread about useless weapons
>Turns into a dumb Dark Souls discussion
Stop.
No one gives a shit about how terrible you are in a game. Post actually useless weapons.
>>
>>340824207
>Post actually useless weapons.
>pic
Stop, no one gives a shit how terrible you are in a game.
>>
And this is why I laugh at the fags who pan BB for "weapon variety"

Every weapon in Bloodborne is fucking amazing and, more than just viable, enjoyable for the entire game. Every weapon is unique, the only exception being the common longsword form between the Kirk Hammer and Memeblade, with at least 4 unique R1s untransformed, 4 R1s transformed, and more often that not two unique R2s, alongside a unanimous presence of backstep, dash, and roll R1s and R2s in either form.

Move variety and weapon feel tower over Dark Souls 3's paltry grab bag of identical moves, spread thin across their entire weapon type. Why is the Astora UGS so good? Because it uses a Spear R2 and Art. Why is the Crescent axe so good? Because it uses a combination of halberd and axe animations that are difficult to contend with. I'd rather have half the final weapon count of BB than another DaS3 fiasco where 90% of the weapons are throwaway garbage and the other 10% are straight up broken.
>>
I miss giant dad so much bros
>>
File: 1413934384140.gif (146 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1413934384140.gif
146 KB, 300x375
>>340824207
>OP posts a weapon from DS2
>is pissed when the thread ends up being Dark Souls related
>>
>>340824973
That's from DS3, anon.
>>
>>340820369

enjoy being gay, you gay faggot
>>
>>340824404
>Why is the Astora UGS so good? Because it uses a Spear R2 and Art
Actually, that R2 is used by a lot of UGSs. Astora GS is good because:
Good scaling when infused with INT/FAI infusions
Versatile moveset
Lightest UGS
Good on a DEX build
2hR2 registers as thrust, which is good for Leo Ring builds, it's also really hard to parry

Crescent Axe is bellow average, it's never "good".

Souls weapons have always been of little variation, I knew this before BB, and I still know this after BB. Vanilla BB actually did suffer from weapon variation. All the base games did, things don't get interesting until the DLCs come out.

They've even recently patched fists and claws and a lot of shitty spells into being good or decent, something I thought was impossible to do.
>>
>>340819380
What kind of meta would you prefer? DS3's straight and thrusting sword domination or DS1's backstab heavy meta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYieRule4cA
>>
>>340824973
>>
>>340824973
>anon shitposts
>is pissed when people call him out for not even being able to shitpost correctly
>>
File: muldoon.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
muldoon.jpg
207 KB, 1280x720
>shotguns are always either insanely good or useless
>guaranteed butthurt in multiplayer no matter how bad they are
At least I have FEAR
>>
>>340822508
Tbh weapons having "sweet spots" is awesome. You shouldn't do much damage if you use a 16 foot pike at point blank range
>>
i searched and this came up first
>>
>>340824973
>Just now realized I said DS2 and not DS3

God fucking dammit. I keep doing that shit.
>>
File: Ak47-e1363724603451[1].png (1 MB, 1920x825) Image search: [Google]
Ak47-e1363724603451[1].png
1 MB, 1920x825
>>340819380
>>
>>
>>340823112
No, I just don't like following the meta, so the game immediately becomes less enjoyable for me.
>>
File: 1423364185929.gif (333 KB, 282x260) Image search: [Google]
1423364185929.gif
333 KB, 282x260
>shitter tries to R1 spam
>he gets parried
>shitter tries to enter parry king caestus mode
>he eats a volley from a loaded Avelyn I had in hyperspace
>shitter panic rolls
>keep applying pressure and eventually catch the roll because the rolling becomes predictable
>>
File: 1417904083929.gif (3 MB, 303x221) Image search: [Google]
1417904083929.gif
3 MB, 303x221
>>340828074
>Shotguns either are only good up until ~30ft or the pellets literally dissapear after 10ft
>Shotguns in Destiny are the latter and in PvE they don't do enough damage to justify the range
>>
>>340823424
it doesn't prevent estus recovery at all, it lowers the amount recovered by a miniscule amount
really disappointing
>>
File: 1441512286336.png (169 KB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1441512286336.png
169 KB, 310x325
>>340826414

Backstab fishing was obnoxious, but there were ways to counter it and really only got absurdly unfair against ridiculously good players.

Straight sword and thrusting domination in DS3 is only until you learn how to counter them, and then they just become weapons which are only dangerous in skilled hands, like many other weapons.

The only thing that bothers me is what a shitty experience it is to invade someone else. I know you're not meant to win, and it's not supposed to be fair towards you, but it's not even very fun anymore with how ludicrously stacked it is.

>Seed of the Giant, enemies prioritize you to boot
>You, with your 30% less health and half estus capability
>Or less than half, if you dare stray from 40/40 and have a spell or two
>Against the host and up to 3 phantoms
>Who can all heal independently of each other, so if you don't kill one with a parry or one-shot combo they can just roll away and heal.
>If a phantom dies another can just be summoned while the host rolls around endlessly because rolling doesn't cost any stamina.
>The way poise is in DaS3 if any of the four people trying to kill you lands a single hit on you, prepare to have your anus ravaged by the impending other 3.
>>
File: แตงกวา-300x199.jpg (10 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
แตงกวา-300x199.jpg
10 KB, 300x199
>>340828526
these are pretty bad too
>>
>>340825353
no u
>>
>>
>Invade forest as red
>Watchdog of Farron "some guy" has invaded
>Oh good, maybe some help.
>Faggot starts to attack ME with magic
>Even after the host is dead and he clearly received a reward.
Some of the people playing this game might be actually retarded.
>>
>>340829697
I just literally never trust anybody anymore. 40% of my fellow invaders just walk right up to me and start mashing R1.

Actually let me rephrase: 40% of invaders who aren't Grapes. Grapes literally never do this to me.
>>
>>340829886
Which is weird, because purples are the only ones who benefit from ever doing that.
>>
>>340830067
Yup.

It's pretty dumb.
>>
Can someone explain to me why everyone seems to have a hard on for DS1 poise?
>>
What's a useless weapon in Bloodborne?

>inb4 cane
>>
>>340830480
Only Tontitrus is subpar. A lot of others are just kind of mediocre outside their niche, but they can be good weapons in the right hands.
>>
>>340830430
I don't mind nopoise, it was a pretty crutchy mechanic in DS1. I'm angry because it's in the game and it's completely useless. I've would have settled for DS2 poise, but this is outright ignoring a stat that has dedicated items to it, all which are basically in vain.
>>
>>340830610
Tonitrus has one of the largest ARs in the whole game friendo

Bloodborne has no useless weapons
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.