[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you weren't kidding /v/ this shit is fucking hard. >picked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 18
File: Bloodborne2.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne2.png
2 MB, 1422x800
you weren't kidding /v/

this shit is fucking hard.

>picked the saw cleaver / pistol
>can't get past the two werewolves on the bridge
>>
>>340803830
Try a different route. If an enemy is way to hard it's usually to make you look for alternative routes.
>>
>>340803830
The werewolves on the Great Bridge is a deliberate noob trap. There's alternate routes you can take to get to get to the other side of the bridge and get past them without provoking them.
>>
Git gud. I beat both of them on my first playthrough without dying.

Seriously so many people suck at video games on here.
>>
>>340806515
>Seriously so many people suck at video games on here.

explains all the overwatch threads
>>
>>340803830
Run past them
>fog gate i-frames OP
>>
You're not supposed to fight the enemies on the bridge at first.

The route takes you up to the bridge and back down again for a reason.
>>
>>340803830
you didnt pick the hunters axe?

spin to win dude
>>
>>340807375
the saw cleaver is undoubtedly the best starting weapon and has one of the highest DPSes in the game
>>
>>340803830
light them on fire
>>
>>340803830
Roll roll attack
>>
>>340807518
DPS is irrelevant when stagger damage and heavier weapons are more effective. Staggering enemies and causing stun is almost always better.

The Hunter's Axe always knockback, stun, stagger off of it's charged, long range and can actually be an endgame weapon, so it's objectively better than 1rspam.wep
>>
>>340808002
any enemy that can be knocked back can be parried so who cares

>can actually be an endgame weapon

saw cleaver appears in pvp way more often than the axe, not to mention saw cleavers transform attack builds up a shit ton of beast meter
>>
>>340808176
>parry
>trivializing the game
>parry2win every parryable boss
>pvp
>beasthood builds up fastest with holy blade and whirligig saw
>>
>>340808369
oh so now we're talking about bosses? the ones that can't be knocked down by the axe and will punish the spin charge up?

anyone who knows anything about the game knows that saw cleaver is the best starting weapon, even guides recommend you slap on the early fire gem on the cleaver rather than go for the tonitrus for early arcane
>>
File: g9ke6Pi.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
g9ke6Pi.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>340803830
>easiest entry of the series

>wow /v/ its so hard. kek
>>
>>340808002
The saw weapons are some of the best in the game. Serrated for beasts, quick, low stamina consumption, fantastic transformations, etc etc...

Hunter's Axe is also good, but the saw brothers are king for PVE... not including pizza cutter
>>
>>340803830
>usong anything but the cane like a proper gent
>>
>doing Eileen's quest
>help her kill Henrik
>fucking wrecking his ass and she doesn't look like she has taken too much damage
>they somehow kill each other with their final hits and die at the exact same time.
It was honestly kind of moving.
>>
File: ayyyyy.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340808564
it's definitely the easiest if you've played the other games in the series beforehand, but I guess you could say that about any of the games in the series. your knowledge builds on itself with every iteration you play.

it does undoubtedly have the two hardest bosses though in Ludwig and Orphan.
>>
>>340808601
The best serrated weapon is the Whirligig Saw, as well in terms of raw power and range with multiple strikes per hit on charged, jump attack and ending R1 combo. It's a better weapon for most enemies since it will do more stagger damage, especially on a boss like Ludwig. 1 R1 combo can bring Ludwig to his knees.

>>340808553
>can't be knocked down
>gascoigne
>bloodstarved
>shadows
>whiches
>logarius
>micolash
>orphan
>ludwig
>maria
>gherman
>failures
>>
Those Wolves are deliberately unfair, they are tougher than other examples of that exact same enemy found in later areas, plus there's 2 of them (which is the only time in the game two werewolves are so close together, at least until an endgame optional area).

You can get good at fighting them, the best way to do it is to bait a lunging attack then mash R1 with your Saw, making sure you know where the other one is, as well as spamming Molatovs (but those are best saved for the bosses).

OR, you can get good at the other aspect of Bloodborne, exploration. If you just run forwards brute forcing your way through the levels to the end the game will seem tedious, unfair and lacking in content. Instead search every nook and cranny, and if something looks at all like you can go there, you probably can and there's probably something of some use there( although not always....).

Moral of the story is: if you explore throughly enough you can find an alternate route onto the bridge that means you never even have to agro the werewolves. You will also find your first example of a unlockable shortcut, meaning you can unlock the one-way door near the lamp and now you can get to the bridge (and beyond) without having to walk down the Main Street with 20 "Away, Away" guys.

Also you should have some Bloodstone shards now, go to the Hunters Dream and upgrade your weapon at the workbench, it will help immeasurably.
>>
>>340807518
I think the Axe is better just because you can find the Saw Spear very early on and they're pretty much the exact same weapons.
>>
Goddamn, the cleaver's transformation attacks are sexy as hell.
>>
>>340803830
Bait them down the stairs into the house cheese fag
>>
>>340809202
skill scaling, if you start with the axe I'm assuming you're going strength
>>
>>340809269
Then their corpses fall through the stairs and you can't loot them.
>>
>>340803830
>literally the easiest souls game
>hard
Top fucking kek
>>
File: 1457309538736.jpg (92 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1457309538736.jpg
92 KB, 960x640
>>340803830
>He hasn't met father gascoigne yet
How little you know
>>
So I didn't know about the shortcuts and felt like I had to fight them every time I was going to face that bridge boss guy.

After a few lives of messing with them, I started luring them to the little house to the left, I think? and would just safely stab at them since they were too big to fit through the door.
>>
>>340809565
It's really only hard with people that refuse to play offensively. Staying back and poking in and out like a Souls player will kill you more often than not.
>>
>>340809463
Yes you can. You just have to stand in the right spot.
Besides that the only thing they drop is blood vials and who the runs out of blood vials?
>>
>>340809202
You can get the Saw hunter Badge about 5 minutes after the Saw Spear which lets you buy any of the starting weapons, so your initial choice really only affects what you use for Centeral Yharnam.
>>
>get invaded for the first time in forever
>blade of mercy guy trying to hit me with roll attacks
>just back away and dump bone ashed Evelyn shots into him until he dies

I am the best
>>
>>340803830
The werewolves are slow but dont get carried away hit em a few times and dart to the side.
>>
File: e2d.jpg (515 KB, 1005x1500) Image search: [Google]
e2d.jpg
515 KB, 1005x1500
>>340809078
Ironic those are both DLC bosses and the DLC was 10x better then vanilla
>>
>>340809463
Wut no they dont i did it for hours...they cant fit through the door so you just pick your shots...easist way to get souls early game
>>
>>340809641
>beat Gascoigne second try
>cleric beast first try
Working my way towards blood starved beast and Amelia now and I don't see where the difficulty is yet. I haven't looked up guides and only watched a bit of a lets play here and there and never for the boss fights. Just hug them and exploit I Frames like every dark souls game.
Hell the gravekeepers are more of a problem since they started using magic on me out of nowhere.
>>
>>340810106
They must have patched it then. I had it happen to me several times.
>>
Picked up the game again today. Practiced for 20 minutes parrying faggots around Yharnam and raped gascoigne right after with the newly acquired parry practice.

Moral of the story: practice
>>
>>340803830
You picked the best starting loadout for a new player, but the wolves are still going to kill you. Go another way.
>>
>>340810116
it's your Insight, go spend it on a bell or something on the upper shop at Gehrman's
>>
>facing Amelia for xth time
>always die when her HP is about 50% down
What the fuck am I doing wrong? I aim for her weak side, but still keep dying
>>
>>340808601
There is no enemy in the game that is not reduced to a pulp by the Whirligig Saw. I love that thing.
>>
>>340810409
Applies to everything
>>
Who else /StakeDriver/ here?
>>
>>340810621
Focus on a single limb and just go nuts. The more you focus on her left leg the more damage you do since once you damage a limb enough it begins to bleed and you do extra damage and plow it.
>>
File: 1464695815603.png (194 KB, 453x599) Image search: [Google]
1464695815603.png
194 KB, 453x599
>>340810116
>I haven't looked up guides and only watched a bit of a lets play here and there and never for the boss fights
>knows what bosses are coming next
>>
>>340810621

Just roll through her swings
>>
>>340810409
First time playing the game, I found out I am horrible at parrying and have no business trying to do so. So I went through the game with my threaded cane and did just fine.

Moral of the story: don't practice with shit that you don't even like using anyway
>>
>>340810769
I just can't. The slow speed and tiny range makes it too risky.
>>
>>340810621
Do Old Yharnam or even Hemwick Charnel Lane and upgrade your weapon
>>
>>340810621
use a heavy weapon dude
staggers are a MUST in this game
>>
I like Bloodborne, but it really feels like strategy in boss fights is worth nothing. Early game with saw cleaver by far the best strategy is to just R1 spam. Actually learning Amelia's moveset and dodging away is just gimping yourself, same for Blood Starved Beast. Gascoigne is easy as fuck once you realise you just have to stay to his side once he transforms.
>>
>>340810769
I tried to make it work but then found out that the Holy Blade objectively outclasses it.
>>
>>340810786
>watch lets play but skip boss fights
>browse bloodborne threads
>am so stupid I can't piece together the order of bosses
>>
>>340810769
I've had some fun with it. I managed to stunlock One Reborn with it, and haven't done that with any other weapon I've tried yet, including the axe.
>>
>>340803830
its not hard you just need to readjust your gaming style from actual skill to rote memorization of when to press your rollan slashan buttons. It simply demands one formula and not actual innovative reaction
>>
>>340810769

It's fantastic. Fire infused arcane build, throw an oil urn, and do the transform R2, take out half a bosses health.

>>340810986

Normal mode has decent range with it's R1 slashes, and the transform R1 is fast thrust. It's a good move set, you just have to get used to it.
>>
>>340811259

*tips fedora*
>>
>>340811120
You're p cocky and I hope you struggle later
>>
>>340808564
>Easiest entry of the series
The Isz Chalice Dungeons are harder than anything DeS and the Dark Souls games have to offer.
>>
>>340803830
it gets easier and easier every run through. youll start doing visceral attacks left and right
>>
>>340811074
I'm actually doing Old Yharnam since I got frustrated with her and trying to find more materials to upgrade the Kirk Hammer
>>
>>340811607
This, for real.

Beat Ludwig second try this playthrough, after dying to him well over 20 times on my first playthrough.
>>
git gud
>>
>>340811789

Do Hemwick to get twin shards for +6 and early tempering gems
>>
>>340811572
>The Isz Chalice Dungeons

That's not even the hardest part of the game, let alone the series.
>>
>>340811572
ayy
equip a bolt gem in your weapon and it's stunlock party all the way through, except for Ebrietas at the end.
what's like you're describing is actually Defiled Pthumeru and maybe, if you're feeling like doing some optional hell, there's also Lower Loran
>>
File: 1464040687699.jpg (204 KB, 779x1631) Image search: [Google]
1464040687699.jpg
204 KB, 779x1631
It's one of the greatest games ever made, and obviously the best souls-type game.

But it is also easiest souls game. Most enemies can be easily cheesed and boss battles are too easy. Also the easiest game to get Platinum trophy for on PS4.
>>
>>340803830
>want to start a new playthrough
>don't wanna grind chalice

;_;
>>
>>340812008

DaS 3 was easier, and 2 is only hard because the fights aren't great
>>
>>340812008
Dark Souls 3 is way easier to Platinum dude.
>>
File: 1346634629260.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
1346634629260.gif
2 MB, 200x174
>>340811984
>>340811980
>Beat Hot Dog
>Mfw Defiled Amy
>>
>>340812008
>It's one of the greatest, and obviously the best
>it is also the easiest
pick one
>>
>>340812238
>playing soulsborne games for the le difficulty meme
>>
>>340811954
I think I'll do that, just hope I don't die too much to Blood starved.
>>
>>340812381
>implying there is no difficulty
of course there isn't once you know what's up, enemies hidden behind doors, circlestrafing, stunlocking, elemental buffs and map layout
Souls games are like playing SotN, at first you start getting your shit slapped by crappy mobs and gimmick bosses and you feel lost all the time, even falling to some obvious traps. then later on you're having fun seeing how fast you can complete 200,8%
>>
File: 1465416550267.gif (3 MB, 539x303) Image search: [Google]
1465416550267.gif
3 MB, 539x303
>>340812008
DaS3 and DaS1 are way easier than BB anon

Especially if you are counting DLC
>>
>>340812725
Make sure your parry game is strong and you got this lad
>>
>>340812982
The only hard thing about DS3 is just how unfair it is at times, like how fast enemies are compared to you.
Enemies are incredibly aggressive and fast, and you lack the mobility you have in Bloodborne so it's more like an artificial difficulty.
>>
>>340812008
>Also the easiest game to get Platinum trophy for on PS4.
So just to confirm, everything you said was sarcasm right? This sentence almost guarantees it being sarcasm, but then again people actually do believe shit like BB being easier than 2 and 3.
>>
>>340812190
In terms of skill required? Yeah DaS3 is easier, but in easiness of getting the Platnium BB is by far the least frustrating Souls game. You just need to do everything once, no farming is required, only 1 playthrough (technically 3 for the endings but you can save-scum) and NG+ is not needed at all.

Dark Souls 3 requires 30 Proof of Concords, which is either going 30 successful counter-invasions (not to bad), or if you are one of the unlucky people who the game has decided to NEVER SUMMON ONCE IN 100 HOURS OF PLAY, you get to farm silver knights for a <1% drop, 28 times. Plus you need to go to NG++ for all the rings and boss spells.
>>
>>340813119
But enemies never felt fast in DaS3 to me. Even when using shit like the Smough's Great Hammer, one of my favorite weapons in the game. DaS2 felt like they were much faster compared to you.
>>
>>340813234
It is the easiest Platinum trophy. There is no grinding hours upon hours for anything. Just beat the Chalice dungeon which is not bad at all, and than get the 3 endings. That's basically it, everything else you will basically get by just naturally progressing through the game.
>>
>>340812008
>anything easier than DaS2 or 3

lol

that said, the base game isn't very hard. But the DLC and deeper chalices are harder than anything in souls, especially the bosses. you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (40 KB, 404x405) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
40 KB, 404x405
>>340813485
>Just beat the Chalice dungeon which is not bad at all
>>
>>340813568
>DaS2
>easy
only if it's SotFS and even then you still can't ignore your ADP
>>
>>340813712
played through DaS2 day 1 then SotFS 2 months ago, both were piss easy with zero challenging bosses (same goes for 3)
>>
>>340813919
vanilla DaS2 is full of "fuck your dodge i'm still going to kill you" moments
>>
>>340813485
There's a bit of confusion about what people mean by "hard to Platnium".

Some people are focused on the Chalice dungeons, which are easily the hardest content in any of the games, and required for Platnium. Other people put menial but tedious tasks as a bigger influence on Platnium difficulty, farming Upgrade materials or Covenant items isn't mechanically challenging (it's killing regular enemies over and over) but it's time consuming and incredibly frustrating making it far more annoying to Platnium.

BB requires the most skill out of its players to Platnium, but by far the least time investment or tedium. Which is probably why it has a 7.1% Rate of players getting Platnium, while the other games range from 2-6%.
>>
>>340813485
Took me less hours to platinum 2 and 3. Still haven't played 1 or DeS yet. 2 is strait forward, and pretty easy since rings aren't involved. In 3, you just have to b-line for the rings, which took me all of 8 hours going at a semi slow pace. Grinding out 24 ears felt like an eternity, but actually only took me about 4 hours.

Took me less time to grind out rings than it took me to go through all the chalices, especially since chalice bosses took more effort for me to beat than any boss in 3. I still can't handle my shit against fucking BSB...
>>
>>340813919
I'm waiting for a new souls-like IP, but hope they make it hard enough to where it breaks my will as a human being
then i'll get the Dark Souls experience ive been looking for
>>
Hold the FUCK up.

Are you telling me......like SERIOUSLY telling me.....that there are people on this board who have a HARD time getting passed/beating those two wolfdog things on the bridge?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
O
L
Y

e
t
c.

Listen up, you retarded newfaggot piece of shit morons. Listen and Learn.

1. Go down teh stairs to the side
2. Go through the open door
3. Wolves are too big to go through the door
4. Time your attacks while staying out of range
5. ????????
6. Profit

FAGGOTS
>>
>>340814086
>but it's time consuming
But it isn't actually that time consuming. By the time you get done with NG++ for the rings, you should be able to do what, over 400 discovery? Its only a small number of hours to grind out ears. Chalice dungeons are grindy in nature, take more time, and are more difficult. There is nothing about them that makes them "easier".
>>
>>340814303
I've beaten all DS games and BB, yet Ni-Oh's alpha demo served my ass on a silver platter
I hope the feedback doesn't make them nerf the game too much
>>
>>340814036
do you mean bullshit follow ups, hitboxes, or ADP shenanigans?

I always level up ADP because I know how important I-frames are in souls games, I also did so day 1 when das2 came out. Some hitboxes are wonky as fuck but das2 has the same problem as das3 where you get too much estus later on that heal too damn much so I never really cared since enemies are easily dealt with in 2 anyway (some enemies are cocksuckers in 3 like the skeletons with sickles in carthus but there are only a few, nothing near the level of the wintern lanterns )

I have never seen any follow up in 2 that fucks me over for rolling

>>340814303
there won't be any, they're done with souls and honestly after playing DaS3, I'm glad. 3 was still great but it's clear the series has run dry at this point I wouldn't mind bloodborne 2 though
>>
File: d6e.jpg (43 KB, 628x442) Image search: [Google]
d6e.jpg
43 KB, 628x442
>>340811572
>Even mentioning the dungeons
>>
>>340814570
chalice dungeons are rad, the early ones suck on repeat playthroughs though.
>>
>>340814565
It was my first run without spoiling anything, there was no way for me to know how crucial ADP was going to be amidst so many stats, considering DeS and DS1 had none of that shit.
I was just working on my build at the time.
>>
>>340814565
that's what i mean
New IP, same souls feel, hopefully Dark Souls itself is buried
SciFi souls though, that's a different story
>>
>>340812216
This was my roadblock for like 3 days. That fucking homing jump attack man, it's not right. I then proceeded to walk to Yharnam; baffling.
>>
>>340814857
>there was no way for me to know ADP was crucial

m8 it improves I-frames, I could understand it if DaS2 was your first game but having played DeS and DaS1 you should have well known how important it was. On top of that, it improves animations when the next most important thing in DeS/DaS after knowing when to roll was when to heal
>>
>>340814330
Terrible instructions

Try this:
1.Get gud faggot, stop cheesing
>>
>>340815080

>can't spell git

Post discarded
>>
>>340803830
You picked a shit weapon and went a hardish path.

Hunter Axe until whirlygig, and the games a cakewalk. The regular enemies tend to be harder than the ones in the souls games just because there is no real defense so the damage racks up, but the bosses tend to be a bit easier.

Of course the enemies damage racking up are made redundant by the generously given bloodvials off every second enemy.
>>
>>340814330
did you have this post ready to go? or did you have to format while posting your drivel?
>>
>>340803830
I struggled too. Try using Molotov cocktails. Bring a bunch and throw them carefully. Wolves were hard for me, even at the end of the game: they are really aggressive and are usually in dense packs.
>>
>>340815224
le cleaver is bad meem xdd
>>
>>340815335
Its bad if you aren't good at the game, and once you are good at the game you don't need a good weapon when you can blink and most of the enemies in that game to stagger them.
>>
>>340815063
>m8 it improves I-frames
you don't say? of course I know that after reading shit everywhere and watching runs.
now where is this information of improving i-frames during rolls in the game?
you go check ADP, it says it improves resistances and AGL. let's check what AGL improves: "improves agility".
nice. it probably means I can attack or move faster or something. oh, I just noticed I'm drinking estus a little bit faster too.
>>
>>340815224
>saw cleaver
>shit weapon

it's easily the best of the 3 at the start
>>
>>340803830
Sound like a casual m9
>>
>>340815179
Acquire skill, fagtronamous
>>
>>340815519
the in game description says boosts EASE OF EVASION and other ACTIONS
>>
>>340815536
that's the axe tho.
axe gets crappy by the time you reach the forest, by then you can already get better stuff.
>>
I just finished it a few hours ago, started a new character and doing a beast cutter run.
Is it just me or was the ending kinda rushed?
It was just "welp I just killed the wet nurse o shit the dream is on fire o shit gerhman fight". It really felt like there was no buildup.
>>
>>340815536
The axe is by far the easier weapon. And by the time you get good enough to use the cleaver well, you could literally go through weaponless until a real weapon.
>>
I really don't get how this game is hard. I beat about half the bosses on my first try. The other bosses beat me maybe four times at most each. Exploration isn't tough either as long as you just take it slow and take in your surroundings. And this is coming from a guy who is shit at video games that aren't turned-based or Monster Hunter.
>>
>>340815224
Or... Start with the threaded cane. Play until you get over the learning curve. Now you should rarely get damaged, and there is no need to use a gun. 6 hours of dying in the beginning area, then all of a sudden I was a beast once I got past Gascoigne. Axe is a crutch, and everyone I've seen use it never gets better at the game.
>>
>>340815710
the cleaver is good throughout the entire game. The axe may be better early on to knockdown but who gives a shit, the beginning is easy anyway aside from gascoign if you haven't learned how to parry (axe won't help you anyway)

>>340815771
you need more insight nigga
>>
>>340815018
The jump attack is your best chance to whack its face though, once you get dodging it down it's free hits.
>>
>>340815227

Shut up.
>>
>>340815771
You're kidding right? The entire point of the dream was to go and kill Mergo and end the nightmare. All the little notes on the ground lead up to that.
>>
>>340815909
Axe is a crutch that can literally carry you through the game until the whirlygig, which can carry you through the game entirely.
There is no need to git gud in bloodborne. PVP is non existent and ez mode weapons or parries exist.
>>
>>340815915
Before the boss I had 80, spent 60 on a blood rock. Did I fuck it up?
>>
>>340815690
tough to see any improvement when you level it several times just for 1 point. That's what I did and found it pointless to keep dumping my levels on it and nerfing myself for Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo at the time.
I was not seeing any ease in evading shit so I'd rather block and run away, specially in Amana. still managed to finish the game, nonetheless.
>>
>>340816117
not that kind of insight

hint: it's a note at the lecture building
>>
>>340816117
no, but you'll fuck up if you waste that rock on something you'll end up not using and regret it.
>>
>>340816186
>agility
>sen's fortress and anor londo

excuse me but what the fuck are you doing? Did you really keep your lie up this much on an anonymous board?
>>
Pick the Axe, it makes the game easy mode

Basically BB's dark sword
>>
>>340815898
Okay good for you
>>
>>340816215
Was it the squash the newborn to end the nightmare yadda yadda note in Yahar'gul?
If so, then shit makes sense actually.

>>340816290
Used it to turn my Ludwig's blade into +10.
Also I'm doing a new character and I want to do all the bosses using the saw cleaver and beast cutter and nothing else. Should I just go 40/40 on str and skl?
>>
>>340816186
>dumping levels in ADP
>nerfing myself for Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo
loving every lol
>>
>>340816186
tch holy shit, I meant Iron Keep and Drangleic, not Sen's and Anor Londo.
>>340816379
you can believe it's all a lie if that's what makes you happy. regardless, I've had far more trouble with vanilla then SotFS
>>
>>340812008
>It's one of the greatest games ever made

lol
>>
>>340816502
50/25, 50/50 if you don't care about staying under certain level or pvping

And use Beasthunter Saif over cleaver, no serration but the moveset is so much more fun to play with.
>>
Axe lets you play a very defensive style.

The extended R1 hits things from far away and you'll be able clear most things using that.
>>
>>340815771
isn't the entire plot to end the dream/nightmare
and with 3 third cords you beat the moon presence?
i dont think it was rushed, arena was beautiful, gehrman hard as shit, good music. was good. moon presence was kind of easy though
>>
>>340816579
I think I will. There is no way someone can be this dumb after playing des and das1 before 2.
>>
>>340816502
50/25

R1 L1 L1 L1 is a great combo
>>
>>340816826
tell me more about prioritizing ADP in DeS and DS1 then, i'm curious
>>
File: loran darkbeast coop4.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
loran darkbeast coop4.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>340809078
hardest bosses are defiled hotdog, loran darkbeast, pthumerian descendant, abhorrent beast, and headless bloodletting beast
>>
>>340816929
Not the point, you know damn well how important rolling and healing animations are. I, as well of tens of thousands of others, did as well

That is, unless you're a loser who summoned and got carried
>>
>>340816785
>hard as shit
Beat him 2nd try, was fun though. Also what's this about 3 cords?
>>
>>340817025
didn't have too much trouble with a lot of them, they were still hard as hell, but FUCK abhorrent beast. took me like 4 hours to beat him
>>
I've heard that the cane is pretty good, is it worth using?
>>
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>340817025
>mfw fighting the Loran Darkbeast with Blade of Mercy.
>>
>>340817181
maybe im just a >casul then lol
but when you get 3 umbilical cords it unlocks the true ending and the true final boss.
>>
>>340816502
Yes but there are other notes, that talk about how Mensis and his crew are literally bringing in an Old One and they have to be stopped or all of Yharnam will become beasts.

That's why shit hits the fan when the moon comes out.
>>
>>340811094
The strategy is not in whether to R1 spam, but in when and where to do it. If you learn the Blood-Starved Beast's moveset, you can basically swing into its back as often as you want without fear of retribution. Can't do that if you haven't watched the thing for a while first, though.
>>
File: skele.jpg (113 KB, 464x750) Image search: [Google]
skele.jpg
113 KB, 464x750
>>340817391
>true end
hwat
>>
>>340817189
dunno why ( only found him once in chalice dungeons , only did chalices for the trophy tho)
but i managed to kill it on 2 tries
pearl gave me a lot more trouble
>>
>>340817079
>ADP wasn't a thing in the other games
>directly responsible for making rolling as effective as in the other games
>Not the point
yeah I'm sure everybody just suddenly realized it's importance despite not checking any guides or anything. everybody ignored life, strength, dex and shit and jumped straight at it.
also
>I, as well of tens of thousands of others, did as well
I've been here during this game's launch and saw gorillions of threads shitposting how ADP ruined this game and was one of the most notable flaws that set it aside from the rest of the series.
"me and trillions other people knew all about it". well, I've seen trillions of threads here, on steam forums and gamefaqs complaining about it. we both have our share of anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>340817586
You turn into an infant old one. basically a big ass slug
>>
>>340817613
abhorrent beast appears in ailing loran (Depth 4) which is required to get pthumerian ihyll and lower loran (depth 5), which is optional

The lower loran abhorrent beast is harder
>>
>>340814330
I swear, I only recall there being one wolfdog thing.
>>
>>340817919
Sparked my interest, senpai.
How 2 get all 3 cords?
I know one is dropped by Mergo.
>>
>>340818016
that's because you've ran away before seeing the other one
>>
>>340817676
>says it improves evasion and animations in the description
>"deeeugh, I'm going to ignore that and get shit on"

fuck off DSP

>ignored life, str, dex

Oh I wasn't aware you could only level up one thing at a time, my bad

ADP did ruin the game because it was a stupid level sink that you had to put your points into in order for hitboxes to work, but everyone knew what the fuck it did and leveled it up
>>
>>340818107
>Iosefka
>Abandoned Workshop
>>
>>340818227
Elaborate.
>>
>>340818117
No, I actually killed it. No second one appeared.
>>
>>340818107
there are 4 of them
>>
>>340818107
Mergo's the only guaranteed one

The other three are with Iosefka, Arianna and in the Abandoned Workshop
>>
>>340818361
So I have to do their sidequests?
Also who is Arianna?
>>
>>340818107
- visiting Iosefka's clinic and killing her by entering through the back from the forest shortcut. only go there after beating Rom.

> one by sending that red chick in Cathedral Ward to the church, then going down the basement after killing Rom. then you kill her baby.

> one in the abandoned workshop, the secret door in the Healing Church tower where you get LHB's badge
>>
>>340818268
Another is in the abandoned workshop secret area, the other is by fighting the fake Iosefka in the clinic after killing Rom. You can also get an extra from Arianne's "baby"
>>
>>340807518
>DPS
Thanks for reminding me why i played offline. FROM built one of the most engaging worlds in video game history and you soulless roaches still find a way to reduce it to spreadsheet math.
>>
>>340818107
one you get from mergo, one you get from iosefka if you do the questline, one you get from ariana after she gets knocked up by oedon and gives birth, and you can get one in the abandoned workshop. its in the cathedral ward. you go up the elevator and you walk straight, go right down the broken ledge, walk around the edge and there'll be an opening. go in and there will be some wood platforms. theres a hard drop way down that you can make and theres a secret workshop like the hunters dream with a 4th umbilical cord and the doll set. getting all 4 doesnt do anything but if you missed one then you can get 3 this way
>>
>>340818595
>dps is only for online

lol retard
>>
>>340818163
>says it improves evasion and animations in the description
>waste 4 levels for a single AGL point
>oh boy I'm definitely going to dump 20 points in this without knowing if it really works or not!
fuck off Vaati

>Oh I wasn't aware you could only level up one thing at a time, my bad
yes because when I'm making my build of course I increase each stat by one point and move on, it surely makes a huge difference
>>
>>340818361
>>340818461
>>340818494
>>340818604
Thanks my dudes.
Just to be clear, I have to consume them right? Or do they have to sit in my inv?
>>
>>340818704
Use them before you beat Gehrman.
>>
>>340818704
you have to consume them before heading to the garden for the cutscene with Gehrman
>>
>>340818452
ariana is some whore who lives in a house not far from oedon chapel. i dont remember exactly where but shes in a backstreet with some other npcs
you have to talk to her before you kill rom and then afterwards i think she goes to the chapel if you tell her to go there, not sure if its after you kill rom or no though. Also don't let the hobo thats surrounded by corpses into the chapel. you'll regret it
>>
>>340818678
reread
>>
>>340818782
>>340818839
Thanks, hope the fight is worth it.
Also, I'm curious. What happens if you select Submit your life ?
>>
>>340818947
he frees you from the nightmare and you forget everything.
>>
>>340818947
Your head gets cut off and you wake up from the dream
>>
>>340819002
>>340819018
Neat.
Alright, thanks a bunch, my nigs. Just one more question.
Why is this best OST? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4RvZEqSfI
>>
I have to say, Bloodborne is one of the best games out of the entire series for PvE, but you can't sit there and tell me with a straight face that the PvP is not the worst out of the entire series at the same time.

>introduction of invaders can heal
>can only invade if the host has a cooperator + two freebie areas for invasions
>skill measures visceral attack damage
>SKILL MEASURES VISCERAL ATTACK DAMAGE
>skill weapons (mainly Chikage and Rakuyo) are objectively the best weapons for PvP
>6 stats so very little build variety
>armor doesn't mean shit outside of fashion
>strength weapons (mainly Logarius' Wheel and Kirkhammer) are terrible in PvP because they're so slow with very little damage comparatively
>blood gems

Anything else that I'm missing?
>>
>>340819410
it's been months since I played BB yet Yahar'gul's chanting is still on my head
it's probably due to all the early farming of twin blood stones and echoes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHzagjqOLU
>>
>>340819608
oh also, forgot to add

>due to skill scaling visceral attack damage, a lot of invasions/PvP sessions become SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT until a visceral lands
>healing takes almost no time

I mean, yeah, you can parry a blood vial pop, but still, the window to do that is very small.
>>
>>340819410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikWGbtXIBr4
because you haven't heard this one ;^)
>>
>>340819809
Low blow, dude. I only found out about the true boss 5 minutes ago.
>>
>>340819975
Now you know about the superior theme too :^) aha
>>
>>340819975
What did you think of the Upper Cathedral Ward?
>>
>>340820213
Funny thing, I actually found my way up there somehow, found Iosefka talking about ruptures on a patient bed. Didn't know I was supposed to kill her
>>
>>340819410
>best track
>not The First Hunter or The Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4
>>
>>340820591
First Hunter is good, Gas Station not so much, feels too much like a "evil big bad" theme, even though he was just a dad.
>>
>>340820401
That place was so unnerving.
>>
>>340820942
I agree, definitely freaky
Didn't find anything quite as freaky as finding Ebrietas hudled up in the corner for the first time or nightmare of mensis. fuck mensis. dont know why but it freaks me out
>>
>>340821237
Wait, hold the fuck up.
There was ANOTHER boss in there, besides Johnny Cage?
>>
>>340821428
She's in Upper cathedral ward
theres some kind of orphanage thing and you go through a broken window and down an elevator
>>
>>340821428
Dammit, that's the reaction I wanted 10 minutes ago.
>>
>>340821680
>>340821428
been a while since i played it but i know she's one of the tougher ones. just in case you were planning on it, dont eat mac and cheese before you fight her
>>
File: fast dog.jpg (23 KB, 533x335) Image search: [Google]
fast dog.jpg
23 KB, 533x335
>>340821680
>>340821904
Just how much did I miss holy shit
>>
>>340811098

Holy blade outclasses everything, it's why people actively avoid using it
>>
>>340821937
Most likely 4 bosses and a covenant
>>
>>340822125
I found Cainhurst if that's what you meant
but I've learned about dozens of new bosses and I just poked my head in here for half an hour
>>
>>340821937

This is why you look up a spoiler-free progression guide when you play souls
>>
>>340822326
Yeah that's what i mean. i bought the dlc a while back and never finished it so i can't speak for that. I'm gonna guess you fought amygdala as well?
>>
>>340822332
I beat the game already without knowing any of this shit.

>>340822462
who
>>
>>340803830

i used molotovs and it destroyed them
>>
>>340822526
Nightmare frontier? If you've gone through that area, it's essentially just a circle that loops in on itself. You get to the end, basically where you started, and then there's a big doorway, and you go in and meet your buddy.
>>
>>340822818
Nightmare?
You mean Nightmare of Mensis?
>>
File: 1460943495953.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460943495953.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>340822526
Come on now, the Lovecraft things that hang off the buildings. You fight one or two really

Fights lame but she drops one of the chalices
>>
>>340822932
I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about
The only chalice boss I fought was Bloodstarved Beast
>>
>>340822909
Oh boy lol.
You've been to the nightmare of mensis right? you gotta go to the lecture building, and theres a huge ass door on the first floor, cant miss it. open it up, theres some weird void that opens up, and you're in the nightmare frontier. a lot of stuff is easy to miss in this game
>>
>>340822932
No he means the Nightmare Frontier, the same way you got to Mensis by that door on the second floor you get to the Frontier by a door on the first floor
>>
>>340823035
>>340822932
Also, aquire 50 insight and stand outside of the chapel. you'll be surprised
>>
>>340823117
Meant for
>>340822909
>>
>>340823068
Well fuck
I'm honestly temped just to have a wiki open 24/7 for my 2nd playthrough
I don't want to miss ANY bossfight

>>340823165
I dunno if I should look for this, but is there a list of ALL the insight changes that happen?
I had 80 insight pre-gherman and spent 60 on a bloodrock to make my Ludwig's +10.
>>
File: 20150404220058.jpg (659 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20150404220058.jpg
659 KB, 1920x1080
>>340823035
I promise you that you know what I'm talking about, one of these they're called Amygdala. One even shoots lazers at you in the Unseen Village which you have to go through and they dot the skyline in that area.

This great though man, I wish there was a boss I could fight for the first time again.
>>
>>340803830
you can cheese them at the door where you enter the bridge if you really want to.
>>
>>340823308
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route
>>
>>340823308
its 50 if you want to see some shit. but i think ive named most of the secret areas at this point lol. a wiki on the second playthrough isnt bad but i like to do it without one, makes it more fun to know you missed something and having to find it
>>
>>340806515
You actually have to die to finish the game dumbass
>>
>>340823785
When?

Also that Anon meant he didn't die to the werewolves on his first playthrough, not the entire game.
>>
>>340823785
You actually don't
>>
What's a good stat for a beast claw build?
>>
>>340823785
false
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSsaM_qHIg8
>>
>>340824747
It's a C in Strength and D in Skill, so you can just do it fine with a Strength based build, add some Skill to minmax if you want to and have free points
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.