[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, design a 3D Sonic game that doesn't suck. I bet you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: wowe.jpg (15 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
wowe.jpg
15 KB, 225x224
/v/, design a 3D Sonic game that doesn't suck. I bet you can't
>>
Sonic Generations
>>
Nope, I can't. Sega can't either, apparently.
>>
>>340739987
>Sonic Generations
>3D
>doesn't suck
nigga even SEGA themselves knew they couldn't do 3D gameplay properly, that's why all the recent Sonic games are 70% 2D sections
>>
File: Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png (204 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png
204 KB, 324x324
Pic related.
>>
>>340740208

>Spend two thirds of the game doing unrelated and unfun shit
>>
Colors. Oh wait, that's 70% 2D.
>>
>>340740235
Doing stuff with the chaos is dope as fuck
>>
>>340740198
They can't do 2D gameplay properly either, though. The only reason they don't do 3D anymore is 'cause Sega ain't gots no mo monays.
>>
nobody has made a good 2d sonic either

i think sega should try 1d games
>>
>>340739907
Sonic based RPG.
>>
>>340740642
>the sonic was never good meme
Nintendrones pls go and stay go
>>
>>340739907
>he thinks that sucks

>>340739987
Conversely this game is overrated. Not as much as CD but it's a second-place runner for the title.
>>
Quirky RPG with party mechanics and stuff so Knuckles can make silly one liners.
>>
>>340740914

Mmm, Sonic CD.

I might have to play that again today. So good.
>>
Do your own job Sega, 4chan isn't doing it for you
>>
>>340740914
>Conversely this game is overrated. Not as much as CD but
CD is overrated now? It seems like you can't even mention CD nowadays without somebody shitting on the "unfocused" level design
>>
>>340739907
>go fast
>become speed
>throw shit in your way so it's not a hold forward game
>chaos with better mini games
>go faster
>faster
>even faster
>game "crashes" because fast
>game "reboots"
>it was all just a ruse
>go so fast rip hole in space time
>steal story from the flash
>go faster
>>
k
it's called Super Monkey Ball
it was by a team Sega killed off despite actually being able to balance amazing speeds in 3D games unlike Sonic Team
>>
>>340739907
go so fucking fast that you brick the console if you don't calm down son
>>
>>340739907
The 3D parts from Sonic Generations with no "slow down for two minutes for some clunky platforming" segments.
>>
File: FormalDefinitiveBluewhale.webm (856 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FormalDefinitiveBluewhale.webm
856 KB, 480x360
It'd be an interesting experiment if they just took the 2D formula in it's entirety - high-medium-low paths, elemental shields, rolling physics, playable Tails and Knuckles, traditional act/boss/special stage structure and so on - and re-created it pretty much as accurately as possible with an extra dimension, kind of like what Nintendo did to 2D Mario with 3D Land/World.

In actuality it probably wouldn't be an awful lot of fun, but it'd help Sonic Team learn a thing or two about what actually makes a good game and what elements work in different dimensions
>>
>>340742391
They sort of tried that with Lost World
>>
>>340743157
No they fucking didn't, Lost World is the furthest removed from the 2D games out of any of the 3D Sonic's. People bought into that meme because they brought back the small animals in badniks but even Sonic Adventure was closer to the gameplay of the classics.
>>
>>340743157
wat
>>
>>340740794
Nice try Bioware
>>
>>340740235
Not even the Sonic/Shadow levels were all that fun because of how buggy the physics are.
>>
>>340739907

I bet I can. It's called Super Monkey Ball 2. Find a better game where you turn into a ball and roll around really fast, I dare you.
>>
>>340739907
A game that when you insert it into your PS4 it loads you into a long white stretch with a lonely road. No title, no music, just Sanic and a control prompt.

As you start to go a city-escape tier track plays while the colors start to bleed into the background. Everything becomes psychedelic as you start to go 2 fast.

Then your ps4 graphic card melts and the entire console bursts into flames while spitting out smoke and making those weird squealing noises that a bad harddrive makes.
>>
>>340744913
https://youtu.be/WIAqPa1ttjc?t=1587

So Sonic Dreams Collection?
>>
>>340741412
>>340744849
Monkey Ball is fucking miles away from Sonic in terms of concept and gameplay.

That said, Amusement Vision SHOULD have been given the chance to work on a Sonic game. They proved they could do good ball physics and gameplay in Monkey Ball, and they proved they could do FAST AND BADASS with F-Zero GX, both incidentally running on the same engine. They would have been the perfect developers of a 3D Sonic game.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.