[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefront 3 on Steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: galaxy in turmoil.jpg (163 KB, 938x839) Image search: [Google]
galaxy in turmoil.jpg
163 KB, 938x839
How is this legal?
>>
ugh... anyone else reporting this to based EA? these filthy thieves cant get away with this!
>>
they removed all the Star Wars assets and removed the Star Wars reference from their name, Disney can't do shit.
>>
its free nobody cares.
>>
They're just begging for law-suits.
>>
>>340733138
but the trailer shows TIE-fighters and battle droids, I imagine disney don't care right now anyway since it will never come out
>>
>>340733381
and the watch dogs trailer showed good graphics.
trailers are irrelevant.
>>
just get rid of the name "frontwire"

sounds terrible.

galaxy in turmoil sounds good though.
>>
>>340732783
>Please sue us

That's all I see.
>>
disney doesn't care because its a salvage of a cancelled game from a defunct studio, same as they still don't give a flying fuck about people still playing star wars galaxies.
>>
>>340732783
Nobody's going to play it.

This is the fate of all poorly-made F2P games.
>>
They reached a deal with Disney since it's not-for-profit.
>>
>>340733381
I guess Disney should sue Otaking too then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
Didn't they get permission from Dice and all to do this through?
>>
>>340734082
This looks like Transformers: The Movie.
>>
>>340734082
>>340733381
I means every model they have is a straight almost 1 to 1 rip off
>>
this is a huge slap in the face for DICE

starwars battlefront was absolute shit and extremely lazy
>>
>>340734082
Another part of it is that technically it's a competing product, even if it's free. The TIE Fighter short wasn't show in theaters, nor was it marketed as a feature length Star Wars film. Galaxy in Turmoil is marketed within the same vein as EA's Battlefront, and stands to take away players. Not to say anyone was really playing EA's Battlefront in the first point, but Galaxy in Turmoil stands to be a challenge to products of the IP, and thus more of a target for legal action.
>>
>>340734921
You can't sue someone just because their spaceships look kinda like your spaceships.
>>
>>340734745
I see how C&Ds on fan projects work now. The corporates find games or what-have-you that actually have some heart in them and smash them with legal hammers so that nothing can compete with their usual mediocrity.

After all, why play the usual dross for $60 when we can get something that's actually worth a damn for free? Or at least at a reasonable price.
>>
>>340734745
still sold 14 million, they couldn't care less about neckbeards boycotting
>>
Disney won't care.
>>
>>340735319
it's proof that they can be outdone by something that's over 5 years old.
>>
I believe they have free reign because they did 100% of the work so it counts as like a fair-use fan creation. It's legally legitimate enough for valve to offer themselves as its publisher on steam
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.