[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they stop making the third battlefront? I heard rumors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Whyistherenothird.jpg (18 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
Whyistherenothird.jpg
18 KB, 224x168
Why did they stop making the third battlefront? I heard rumors about some people that picked up where the original devs. left off
>>
>>340729881

It's a very long and very sad story that will make your blood boil in rage and disgust.

There was a long article that went over it, explaining the situation. Let me try to find it.
>>
>>340729881
>>340731154

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

There we go, hope you are prepared to be angry anon.
>>
>>340731334
thank you anon also wtf?! what the actual fuck?!
>>
>>340729881
>>340731509

Yep, we know, the game was over 90% complete when they cancelled it too.

Company infighting and Lucasarts new management completely fucked it.

A early alpha was leaked a few months back right here on /v/ though, and some guys got it, and then somehow got the sourcecode, I don't know if it was PC version or not, but they are trying to finish the game up and are going to release it free on steam under the name Galaxy in Turmoil.
>>
>>340731776
awesome I hope its good honestly ill take most anything at this point I'm fucking pissed I was so excited when I heard about battlefront three and now learning they canceled i
>>
File: ss (2016-05-06 at 02.09.43).png (222 KB, 499x355) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-06 at 02.09.43).png
222 KB, 499x355
>>340731776
>A early alpha was leaked a few months back right here on /v/ though, and some guys got it, and then somehow got the sourcecode, I don't know if it was PC version or not, but they are trying to finish the game up and are going to release it free on steam under the name Galaxy in Turmoil.

>Go search it up on Steam
>It's real
>>
>>340732872

Oh fuck it's on the steam store now. There have been threads about it being announced all week, but it was nowhere to be seen on the store. Guess it's finally been put up officially. Can't fucking wait.
>>
>>340732872
It is being made on unreal 4
>>
>>340731776
>are trying to finish someone else's game without permission and put it on Steam for legal download
R E T A R D S
E
T
A
R
D
S
>>
>>340735071
Published by Valve so any legal issues will go to them, guessing Valve cleared it in some way or they're in for some brownie points.
>>
>>340735838
>Published by Valve so any legal issues will go to them
Doesn't matter at all. Unless Valve paid Disney for some sort of compensation (which I fucking doubt since it's a free mod and Valve has nothing to gain), all this needs is a Disney C&D e-mail to the devs and they HAVE to take it down.
>>
>>340736185
I have a feeling there was more of an agreement instead of money being forwarded to anyone.
>>
>>340736358
>I have a feeling there was more of an agreement
What agreement would even be possible here?
Valve has nothing that Disney wants.
>>
>>340736443
Like I said brownie points, good PR for everyone involved not stopping this, it's the only angle I can come up with.
>>
>>340735838
>>340736185
>>340736358
I guess someone needs to save a copy on 17 hard drives JUST IN CASE and leak it when it gets taken down (it will).
>>
>>340737321
It'll get a C&D before it releases.
>>
File: cisscum.jpg (40 KB, 473x390) Image search: [Google]
cisscum.jpg
40 KB, 473x390
>>340737653
http://frontwirestudios.com/official-announcement-steam-distribution-deal/

>People have been expressed their concern as of late, saying they expect us to get a Cease & Desist from Disney.
>However Valve clearly lacks that same concern.

I guess Gaben knows something we don't
>>
>>340738216
valve just doesn't have anything to lose from this so they dgaf if they get a C&D
not their problem
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.