[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still love and enjoy this game even after all these years...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: wc3.jpg (264 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wc3.jpg
264 KB, 1024x768
I still love and enjoy this game even after all these years...
>>
wow, aren't you unique. fuck off and stop enjoying videogames
>>
>>340725064
I know how you feel man. There's never going to be anything like it ever again. They could have had an amazing custom scene with StarCraft II if they had just made the editor easier to use and hadn't gone full jew with custom maps.
>>
What game?
>>
File: 1413706319716.jpg (53 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1413706319716.jpg
53 KB, 601x601
>>340725064
>WC4 will never happen
>WoW killed the franchise
>>
>>340725064
>tfw only recently learned how to make TD maps
great,only 10 years too late
>>
Don't worry anon, WC4 is due by 2020. Should be announced this or next Blizzcon.

WC3 was the first game where I didn't hate the ladder system. Automated tournaments gave me a really competitive drive, though I don't think I ever placed above 3rd.

Custom maps were INSANE - they really removed so many limits the SC:BW editor (and editor hacks) had. Heroes alone contributed to so many unique custom maps. Wc3 heroes spawned dota heroes spawned the phenom that is dota2, league, and every other moba.
There were so many unique ideas and maps created by people that simply didn't have the tools on other platforms.

I don't think we'll see another generation of such innovation - game development is much easier these days with Unity, etc. Not to mention, there isn't (much) money to be made off of custom maps, when you could make tons by just releasing a shitty mobile game that gets popular.
>>
>>340725250
>full jew
I don't think this means what you think it means.

I don't have too much experience with the editor aside from making a few shitty 1v1 map attempts in Wings of Liberty. What exactly is wrong with it?
>>
>>340725250
SC2 custom maps is what made me hate blizzard. How the fuck could you completely kill your community like that? They made it better later but it was already too late everyone moved on.
>>
>>340725289
Warcraft 3. Not bad RTS with rpg elements
>>
>>340725064
>pick human
>make packs upon packs of Riflemen
>arrange them in a way they are not grouped up together for mass CC and AoE damage
>you won
>>
>>340725392
Would you really want WC4 at this point? Blizzard can't support a strong modding scene anymore. They're too commercial now.
>>
Off I go then
>>
>>340725924
>playing against shitters
>>
>>340725064
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>booty bay
>>
>>340725064
I liked it better when it was called Battle Realms.
>>
>>340725746
>Introduced maps you paid real money for
>Automatically claimed the intellectual property of any map you made, since they got so asshurt over losing Dota to Valve
>Map lobby system which ensured that new maps would never get any attention or players, ever
>Everything is hosted on Blizzard's servers
>Unable to shift your position in said lobby, which is a problem when different player slots have different roles in the game
>Editor, while more powerful, is extremely convoluted and makes even the simplest of tasks a painful undertaking
>By the time they started addressing these problems, everyone had already left
>>
File: moon.jpg (129 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
129 KB, 1200x800
>he didn't have at least lvl 40 in the ladder
>he played custom maps instead
>>
WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!
>>
>>340725064
>5k gold
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.