[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: animalcrossinge1.jpg (3 MB, 2139x1905) Image search: [Google]
animalcrossinge1.jpg
3 MB, 2139x1905
A lot of my friends have been talking about Animal Crossing and after reading more about it I got intrigued. All the reviews look fantastic but I can't help thinking it looks like a glorified version of Farmville. Is it fun, /v/? Or is it casual bullshit?

I've never played a Animal Crossing before, is New Leaf the best one to start on?
>>
>>340720013
Don't go into it thinking you can get everything out of it at first. It's a slice-of-life game.

Maximum comfy.

Very, very good game.
>>
File: 1449972352951.jpg (201 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449972352951.jpg
201 KB, 800x800
>>340720240

Yeah, the general consensus I found seemed to be that it was a +100-hour game without even getting every upgrade/item.
>>
I mean, it's definitely a comfy, check in daily type of game. I got like 350+ hours out of it. You have to have a taste for it though. It's a relaxing, yet addicting game. More and more is unlocked as the game goes on, but if you don't like it after a week of playing it probably isn't for you. It's a lot of mindless yet creative expression and collection. It's definitely the best in the series to be sure.
>>
I'd recommend it.

When I went off to college my gf and I would play it online and visit eachothers towns as a comfy little way to spend time together.

It's pretty fun, real cozy, I'd recommend it. One time I was stoned and in the midst of a panic attack and the calming hourly piano music, comfy environment, soft visuals and friendly neighbors kept me from spiraling down.
>>
File: 1455741557335.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1455741557335.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>340721767

I've been playing the Pokemon TCG online to turn my brain off. I think I would feel more productive playing Animal Crossing instead of doing that.

>>340721896

The online seems pretty cool, especially since each town offers different items to visitors.
>>
>>340720013
It's the kind of game you play 40 minutes at a time, it's both really good and casual. The game even make you stop playing after like 30 minutes the first day, which can be frustrating.
>>
File: 13425155289.jpg (17 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
13425155289.jpg
17 KB, 200x219
>>340720013
>Animal Crossing
>anything like Farmville whatsoever
>>
>tfw want to start a new town but can't think of a new name
>>
>>340720013
You have to play it to understand how much of a shit show it is.
There's nothing else like it, really. You'll sink in 30+ hours into it, realize you're going nowhere, and then stop playing it while hating yourself for having played it.
>>
>buy it from eb games
>somebody still has their save on it
How do I delete it, I want to be the big boss of my town
>>
>>340725395
Name it after your home town or a town you liked in a different video game
>>
>>340725716
This. It's a shallow nothing of a game. You see lost potential at every turn and then remember there are 4 fucking games and they've made Lilly to no progress in developing them.
>>
>>340725889
I wish there was a list of towns from video games.
>>
Very comfy, good to play when you need to relax.

The island kind of ruins the game if you farm beetles, I could get 300k bells in like an hour.
>>
>>340725836
>talk to isabelle
>delete town
>>
>>340726146
The island is useless if you can get a good amount of palm trees on your town's beach and use the save and continue trick
>>
>>340726486
You know you can visit online islands right?
>>
>>340726643
Yeah but what's the point in doing that? I used to do it just to get easy medals
>>
>>340726486
>the save and continue trick

Please explain.
>>
>>340727798
basically when you're fishing or catching bugs and you aren't finding any you can just press start, save and continue, and the game will reset all of the bugs and fishes in your town, so you can find sharks and palm beetles really fast
I usually go through the whole beach, catch any shark/beetle I can find atm, then Save and Continue and do it again
This trick doesn't work on the island 'cause you can't save there
>>
>>340720013
New Leaf is good and comfy if it's your first AC experience, but it was quite a disappointment if you've already played one desu. The dialogues are getting shittier and watered down with every interaction, none of the characters seem to have a soul, hell they literally destroyed Resetti because he scared the children. The customization and AI is admittedly getting better though.
>>
>>340728174
I see...

That's good to know.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.