[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start a youtube channel that has to do with video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: youtube-667451_960_720.png (31 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
youtube-667451_960_720.png
31 KB, 960x480
I want to start a youtube channel that has to do with video games but i have no fucking focus. I have no idea how i should structure it. I need ideas. What the fuck would you watch?
>>
>>340717645
bump
>>
>>340719279
thx bruh that was nice of you :3
>>
>>340717645
Why don't you want to do it if you have no focus? Find something yu can get passionate about then do that instead ya weeb
>>
>>340719590
well i mean there's shit i'm passionate about that a thousand other fucking faggots are already doing pretty successfully.

do i want to be a letsplayer? too many faggots already doing that
do i want to be a reactor? fucking too many faggots doing that
do i want to be a new regurgitation channel? what am i a faggot?

these are all things i could do relatively easily but my content i feel like would be no different than what most people already do. i'd like to hear some ideas of shit i could maybe do that would break up the monotony of youtube a bit whilst being entertaining for you guys mainly.

i'd personally take this sites preferences of humor or entertainment over fucking reddits of all places, so that's why i'm asking.
>>
>>340717645
I wouldn't watch your faggot ass. That's for sure
>>
>>340719843
thx bb i lu2
>>
>>340717645
First of all play games that you enjoy, everyone is playing the new hottest AAA games (Overwatch, DOOM and so on), the thing that will draw people to you is quality conent in the long run so even small free to play games are a good spot to start (OFF, and Yume Nikki).
Are there any games you maybe enjoy a lot or maybe games that you are really good at that others might be not be (like maybe you are really good at crusader kings 2 and love playing that a lot or maybe you can play puzzle games on insane difficulties.)
Invest in a good microphone if you are going to do commentary though, nothing that is more annoying that having a cracking commentary feed when listening to 30 minutes to an hour of a lets play, a facecam also helps people relate to the person that is playing the game and its fun for reactions when you spaz out if theres something sudden on the screen, helps for that genuine comedic value.
That's pretty much all I have for at the moment
Also I was >>340719279
>>
>>340719819
It's always worth giving it a shot, if you want to do a video about some video game news then do a video about some news, if you want to do a lets play then do a lets play. It's not like youtube forces you to focus on a single thing with your channel, you can do whatever you want and if your content is good enough people will like it anyway, quality is the most important part anyway.
this anon again >>340719983
>>
Are you wanting to do a comedic channel or one that's more informative? or a little of both?

I dont think reinventing the wheel will get you new followers, it really depends on youre screen presence and how well you deliver your lines. being funny and looking fairly normal helps too.

I think you should just write a script, do some tests, and be open and critical about how you react to the camera and how well you memorize your script.
>>
>>340719983
long ago i used to live stream myself playing video games. my rules was that if i could avoid using emulators i would. almost always played with genuine hardware and had a really complicated setup to get it to display on both my tv and my pc at the same time for recording. most fun i ever had playing games at the time.

>>340720354
>>340720381
yeah i get that too. i personally am really confident in coming across somewhat well to viewers personally, it's just the idea that if i have no focus that I'll lose the drive to even continue. some gay shit like that i don't know.

i see niggers like idubbbz TV just being sarcastic and slightly funny at the camera getting tons of fucking views and i think "i can fucking do that too, can't i?" but the problem is these guys are already doing it.
>>
>>340720354
pretty much, I guarantee you that you wont become an overnight sensation, but if your content is quality, and youre not a total shill with sharing your videos, youll do fine.
And you pretty much have to enjoy making the videos, because the money, while nice, aint gonna be that great.
>>
>>340720625
>And you pretty much have to enjoy making the videos, because the money, while nice, aint gonna be that great.

i mean if i can sit down in front of my computer desk and spew some nonsense and slap together a video in 30 minutes and upload it to supplement my already subpar income, anything is welcome.
>>
>>340720586
just do what you can. personally, id love more old school formats like the old Spoony videos (before 2010, before he became Loony) that kind of informative talking mixed with some riffs. kind of the same with some older Jontron videos
>>
>>340720586
If you could be as funny as idubbzTV with his unique videos like kickstarter crap and shit like that without copying him I'd watch ya lad.

I think one of the main reasons idubbz is as popular as he is, because he is a fresh change from most youtubers with his views but doesn't over do it so that it appears too edgy.
>>
>>340720736
yeah, i figure might as well say it. ive always wanted to make videos, but I always have delusions of grandeur about and I figure I gotta repeat that like mantra
>>
>>340720892
i've personally always wanted to do that shit. i may actually.

>>340721075
hey man i feel like if you ever hit a million subscribers for any reason you kinda have a reason to feel like that. by all means stay as humble as you can but that's gotta feel weird having an entire state population of people watching you be an asshole on the internet
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.