[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will i like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57 KB, 292x414
I really disliked Witcher 2. I got it on a Steam sale 2 years ago recommended from a friend.

I got 40 hrs on record. started in june 2013, didnt finish until november 2014 cause it couldnt keep me hooked. story was forgettable.

my friend (and others) praised the combat and I thought it was a joke. roll swing, roll swing, roll swing, throw a sign to mix it up. the only part that challenged me was the kayran.

Witcher 3 is suppose to be a massive improvement. all trees viable and interesting. Open world. You can finally JUMP and swim. better quests, better story, good expansions.

If I hated Witcher 2 will I hate this one? asking cause steam sale will be soon Thx.
>>
>>340717398
Maybe. I actually do like the combat in Witcher 3.. or at least the controls. It's fun when you play it on harder than normal.

Oh and I highly recommend using a ps4 controller instead of keyboard. Action feels way better with controller than a keyboard. I like how the pc version of Witcher 3 picks up my ps4 controller instantly and changes all controls to match the ps4 controller.
>>
>>340717398
I disliked W2 as well. 3 is a lot better, though the combat still sucks.
>>
>>340718139
hello
>>
>>340717398
Shit just might not be for you.

You don't have to like everything.
>>
I didn't enjoy either of the first games and I like 3 a lot. It still has a lot of problems, but it's a solid 8.5
>>
>>340718139
dont have a ps4 controller but ty for input.

>>340718218
thx for comment.

>>340718373
true but everyone is going on about game of the year this and that. i like open world so im considering this one.

>>340718547
ty mate
>>
>>340719168
>true but everyone is going on about game of the year this and that. i like open world so im considering this one.

You need to understand Witcher 3 is only technically an open world game. Or should I say, it is one structurally but it's still a story-heavy RPG, not an open world game for you to fuck around in like TES or something. I still persist in thinking Witcher 3 was more HARMED by inclusion of open world than anything.
>>
The Witcher 3 + the expansions is probably the best game ever made

So yeah if you don't like it you are probably just a casual
>>
>>340719324
it was purely done for immersion and it shows
>>
>>340719324
Yeah, I really wish it had been a more concise experience. Really one of the few times where I feel like there's just too much side stuff which really kills the pacing and makes playing it a chore when you get to a new zone and there's 50+ question marks in the map.

Kind of the same problem I had with Xenoblade Chronicles too.
>>
nah game sucks. kids just like it cause of the naked chicks.
>>
>>340717398
I thought the second game was the weakest in the series so you might still like 3.

Combat in 3 is still very focused on dodging and positioning, builds don't truly feel noticeable until you are in your level 10+, but it's undoubtedly a better game than 2.
>>
>>340720791
thx ill consider it if the price is right.

I never played Witcher 1, but I heard even the fans hated it's combat.
>>
>>340717398

def. an improvement over 2
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.