[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the main difference between and SMT game and a Persona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: descarga.jpg (11 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
11 KB, 190x266
What's the main difference between and SMT game and a Persona game?

I have only played Nocturne and DDS saga.
>>
In SMT you recruit/capture enemies and there are multiple routes
>>
SMT:
- Recruit monsters / basically a sadistic Pokemon
- Post-Apocalypse / dark but also dark humor
- Choose a side you think would help rebuild the world

Persona:
- Character heavy story
- Linear, with some bad ends here or there
- Collect Persona, basically just different skillsets based off of SMT demons
- Lighter atmosphere revolving High School
- Dating sim lite
>>
>>340716731
So it's more about talking to people and character delelopment than combat?

I love SMT combat, if Persona focus more on characters i guess the characters would need to be good.
>>
>>340716849
Oh the SMT combat is still there, just adjusted. Unlike DDS and Nocturne, in P3 and P4 you can get an extra turn if you exploit a weakness.
>>
>>340717146
>Unlike DDS and Nocturne, in P3 and P4 you can get an extra turn if you exploit a weakness.

It's like that on DDS and Nocturne.
Are Persona 3 characters good?
>>
>>340716259

Persona is actual fun for a somewhat normal person while SMT games are boring, overrated nonsense.
>>
>>340717146
>in P3 and P4 you can get an extra turn if you exploit a weakness.
its just like that on DDS and Nocturne, even in SJ

>>340717357
define good.
they are just your average anime characters. the more you play the more you get attached to them

>>340717549
Shut up
>>
File: akagi.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
akagi.png
134 KB, 372x334
>>340717146
>Unlike DDS and Nocturne, in P3 and P4 you can get an extra turn if you exploit a weakness.
>>
>>340717571
Well written, at least not shit.
>>
>>340717357
I personally say so. I got attached to them like they were bros.

>>340717571
Yes, but I feel Persona simplified them somehow. It's not exactly Press-Turn, it's like you can immediately act instead of storing a half-turn for later use.
>>
>>340717357
there's a big variety of Persona characters who are all relatively well received
you'd find at least 1 character you'd like
>>
>>340716731
P3 still kinda felt like an SMT game in some ways. It's P4 that felt too cheery.
>>
>>340717883

This.

Everyone has 1 character they like and 1 they hate in each persona game
>>
>>340716259
>DDS saga.
>digital devil saga saga
>>
File: aspect.png (4 KB, 247x143) Image search: [Google]
aspect.png
4 KB, 247x143
>>340716259
Persona a shit play Raidou
>>
>>340717920
Careful now, some P4fag is going to come along and call you an edgelord.
>>
>>340718216

Blame the writing, not me. Persona 3 is about overcoming fear of the inevitability of death and finding happiness in the small amount of time we have.
>>
Persona is good, thats the main difference
>>
>>340718202
this resolution is unplayable doc
>>
Persona is a different flavor of SMT. It's not exactly SMT-lite, the combat is still pretty much the same and it can be difficult at times or I'm just a total faggot, that's equally possible. Instead of being overtly dark and moody they tend toward more upbeat tones, even P3 for as melancholic as it is has more general humor and lightheartedness. The characters are more fleshed out and there's some light date sim elements which work pretty well. I honestly don't see why someone who enjoys one can't enjoy the other.
>>
>>340718202
>Raidou

Shiiieeeet, my nigga. Such a damn shame we'll never get a third game but it was always a franchise outlier with its action combat.
>>
Imagine SMT is coffee
now image someone puts milk on that coffee. thats Persona
>>
>>340716259
BABY BABY BABY
>>
File: rasputin.png (217 KB, 444x252) Image search: [Google]
rasputin.png
217 KB, 444x252
>>340719146
Rasputin is best boy
>>
>>340716259
>I have only played Nocturne and DDS saga.
Just play Strange Journey and call it a day.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.