[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a new console gen with as big a leap in graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: dreamcast.png (212 KB, 650x419) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.png
212 KB, 650x419
Will there ever be a new console gen with as big a leap in graphics ever again?
>>
>>340715264
>console
>new
Pick one
>>
>>340715264
No, PC's have long surpassed consoles and are 20 laps ahead, if a console wanted to catch up production costs would have to rise exponentially
>>
I hope this is last console gen.
>>
>>340715264
>9/9/99
>Turning on Soul Calibur
Jesus fuck that blew my mind!
>>
>>340715659
Still looks great after all these years.
I always preferred the sharper, more vibrant graphics to what the PS2 offered, even though the PS2 was capable of more detail and had the benefit of DVD storage. Though whichever system had the better graphics approach is obviously debatable, the Dreamcast audio superiority is not. One of the best sounding consoles of all time.
>Its 67 MHz Yamaha AICA[139] sound processor, with a 32-bit ARM7 RISC CPU core, can generate 64 voices with PCM or ADPCM, providing ten times the performance of the Saturn's sound system
And the Saturn already sounded great.
>>
File: mario.png (56 KB, 617x616) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
56 KB, 617x616
>>340715264
>Big a leap in graphics
>From 64

Okay
>>
>>340716267
Please come to /g/ im gonna make a thread i need people like you not just shills or stuff
>>
>>340716675
I might drop by if I have the time later, but here's a pretty in depth and level headed comparison between two systems.
http://www.theseganetwork.8k.com/dcvspsx2/part1systemspec.html
>>
>>340716992
There's nothing level headed about this. It's the same old stupid durrrr hurrrr let's compare clock speeds of two completely different processor architectures bullshit.
>>
>>340716992
Oh, I forgot to add: Except for the storage device section, which is hilariously a child of its time. If only he knew.
>>
>>340715264
>a new console gen with as big a leap in graphics ever again

Yeah it'll be the day when MicroSony let you buy a barebones "console" running integrated graphics with the option to purchase an externally connected GPU or RAM disguised as USB upgrades.
>>
File: skull-canyon.jpg (20 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
skull-canyon.jpg
20 KB, 640x320
>>340718101
Intel already invented that. Sort of.
>>
>>340715264
Fps performance and resolution is part of graphical technology.
>>
>>340718976
>$650 for a pile of integrated shit with an edgy skull decal you can't remove
>All it plays are ancient ports and indie games made in RPG Maker
>You can spend another few hundred dollars so it can play slightly less ancient console ports at a better resolution
>>
>>340720982
Actually it comes with a second faceplate without the skull and it can play MGSV at 1080p 30fps on intergrated graphics.

And if you plug in an external GPU via Thunderbolt 3 (say a GTX 1080) then you get the full power of that GPU.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.