[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish that Zelda Wii U will not have puzzles. NES Zelda is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: zeldawiiu.jpg (40 KB, 1016x568) Image search: [Google]
zeldawiiu.jpg
40 KB, 1016x568
I wish that Zelda Wii U will not have puzzles. NES Zelda is still the one and only true Zelda game because it doesn't have Aonuma's shit.
>>
File: Laughing-Crying-Emoji-15.png (46 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Crying-Emoji-15.png
46 KB, 256x256
>puzzles are too hard for Soulsbabb
>talks about a game that came out a decade before he was born
Can't make this shit up
>>
>>340711717
>HiroMoot will never ban Maelstrom
Feels bad man
>>
>not liking environmental puzzles

It's like you don't enjoy feeling resourceful.
>>
weeeeee a video game thread

I hope it has a bunch of stone grottoes. The last few games didn't have many at all. That said, there was a lot of items to collect.
>>
>>340711528
How is Aonuma not synonymous with Zelda at this point?

It's like denying the connection between Koizumi and Mario.
>>
>>340711858
>stone grottoes

What the fuck are you talking about? The little passages like in LA, LttP, and TP? The holes in the ground of OoT and MM?
>>
>>340711994
Yeah, except Aonuma's and Miyamoto's influence turned sour.

Koizumi's stories are how Mario and LoZ came to be respected at all.
>>
Puzzles are fine. The big problem is that, at it's core, Zelda should always be about exploration first and foremost. They forgot that and started going in very stupid directions, focusing more on everything from puzzles to the story.

Most of the things in the game should be done in service of exploring the world, not work against it.
>>
>>340711528
NES Zelda actually has good puzzles though, it just isn't saturated with them to the point where they act as filler in place of other things.
>>
>>340711528
There's nothing wrong with puzzles really. Just have more enemy fights instead of them just being a nuisance.

Something like Shark Island from Wind Waker where they just keep coming.
>>
>>340712870
That shit was annoying more than anything. It didn't make anything exciting or shit.
>>
>>340711528
I like them and they've been a part of the game since ALTTP. What I don't like is the wankfest that is Hyrule Heros. I bought the Wii but haven't bought the Wii U because they haven't put out any traditional Zelda games other than HD re-releaes
>>
>>340711528
If anything, I want it to have even more puzzles. Make entire dungeons that are puzzles. Make the puzzles a core part of the gameplay. Zelda meets Hexen.
>>
>>340711528
Aunuma didn't work on a Zelda game until after ALttP and didn't have an actually prominent role until Wind Waker. You're retarded, underage, and I'm willing to bet you haven't even beaten the first Zelda game. Or the second. Or even ALttP.
>>
File: images (20).jpg (7 KB, 495x102) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
7 KB, 495x102
>>340713585
>>
>>340712828
What was in the first game that would even classify as a puzzle?

Only things I can think of are the Lost Woods and Lost Hills.
>>
>>340712164
>Koizumi's stories is how Mario came to be respected at all
no
>>
>>340712164
>Koizumi's stories are how Mario and LoZ came to be respected at all.

You're retarded.
>>
>>340714579
The place where fairies don't live. That felt really good to work out.

*Grumble Grumble*
>>
>>340712828
>good puzzle
>if you burn this random tree there will be a dungeon
>>
>>340718261
That's why the second quest is hard mode, anon.
>>
>>340711717
>Soulsbabb
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
is anybody going to the nintendo NY store tomorrow, or should I say today, to get a spot to play the demo?
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-11+at+03.29.52).png (262 KB, 777x932) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-11+at+03.29.52).png
262 KB, 777x932
>>340712021
yap
>>
>>340718028
>The place where fairies don't live.
That's not a puzzle, that's a cryptic hint.

I don't know if I'd consider grumble grumble much of a puzzle either.
>>
>>340711528
wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster.
>>
>>340719031
I'm guessing you only count things like block pushing as actual puzzles then?
>>
>>340712828
"hidden shit" is not a "puzzle", you dumb faggot
>>
>>340718858
Pretty sure there have been people lining up for that shit by now, if not days already.
>>
>>340719721
It's not just "hidden shit" though, they have actual solutions that you can figure out by thinking about the problem and experimenting. Zelda is great at mysteries like this.
>>
>>340719240
Block pushing in the first Zelda game wasn't really a puzzle, though. It was exploration. In later games you go into a room, see a switch on the floor, and find a Link sized block that you need to figure out how to push and pull that block to that switch.

Meanwhile, in the first game, you'd entire a room full of enemies and the only thing to figure out is "what is the way out of this room?". Maybe if you kill them all a door opens. Maybe you have to bomb one of the walls. Maybe you need to push a secret block in the room to reveal a hidden passage. Maybe you had to walk through the wall (in second quest only, thankfully). Maybe -gasp-, there was no way forward and you actually got to a dead end. Almost like this was a labyrinth or something.
>>
You might not want that, see ALBW. Everything is a joke difficulty wise because its "open" world. This is what they advertise ZeldaU on but if they go full ALBW its going to be shit.
>>
>>340718820
If I had to guess, a combination of babby and Soulsfag. Ie, calling Souls fans babies.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.