[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they take Fire Emblem away from me? I loved this franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: FE13_cover.jpg (163 KB, 640x580) Image search: [Google]
FE13_cover.jpg
163 KB, 640x580
Why did they take Fire Emblem away from me? I loved this franchise more than anything I've ever loved before, and they fucking turned it into garbage. Why?!
>>
Nobody bought it
>>
because you're a pussy piece of shit, faggot
>>
Conquest is fine, the gameplay is great.

You loved Shadow Dragon? Seriously?
>>
>>340707821

So, are you going to explain what you don't like about it or what?
>>
It's not that different if you ignore the waifu portions of the games.

FE never had strong dialogue, just fun characters and good gameplay.

The biggest flaw in this game IMO was 90% of the game being "Rout the enemy" missions.

Conquest version of Fates fixed this issue thankfully.
>>
Fire Emblem has always been the most casual, entry-level SRPG there is.
>>
>>340707821
sex sells. welcome to life fucktard
>>
i'm tired of the "nohr is good" meme
>>
Go play Conquest
>>
Nintendo was going to stop IS from making the series if the next entry wasn't the best entry in the series.
So they made Awakening.
And it sold the best by large margins.
>>
>>340708006
>It's not that different if you ignore the waifu portions of the games.
That's literally the entirety of 12, 13 and 14.

>FE never had strong dialogue

THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. I'm still fucking in love with FE11's dialogue.
>>
>>340708275

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you just have shit taste?
>>
>>340708275
But it's not.

The only canon pairing in FE Awakening is Chrom and Sumia.

Fates doesn't force you to marry anyone either even though you're the MC and is mostly about two families struggling to come to terms with their current scenarios they've been handed to them by their parents.
>>
>>340708016
Maybe if you're talking about the ones released in the west, I hear FE4 is pretty brutal
>>
>>340708436
I don't have shit taste. You're all just contrarian assholes that can't be reasoned with.
>>
>>340707821
Because almost no one bought the games upon release and the small caring fanbase it had played the games through emulators.
>>
>>340708576
>>340707864
That's been disproven countless times. They just never fucking marketed previous FE games.
>>
>>340708506
FE4 is easy as shit. The Holy Weapons are completely broken.

Thracia (5) is pretty good though.
>>
>>340708520
Admitting you liked Radiant Dawn is the first step to admitting you have shit taste.
>>
>>340709027
Don't act like I haven't read Onmi's rants. I loved the gameplay, and the story had moments. So what if the structure was a mess? At least it wasn't borne of utter cancer like FE13 and 14.
>>
>>340709183
>I loved the gameplay
How? The dawn brigade sections were the only fun parts of the game.
>>
>>340709401
No, those were just the most difficult parts of the game. Fun doesn't come from difficulty, no matter how much Dark Souls 2 post-purchase rationalization has conditioned your brain to think otherwise.
>>
Go drink a coke it'll make you feel better.
>>
>>340709732
Moving your overpowered units forward and sitting there for 2+ minutes while they suicide against your units isn't fun. Radiant Dawn loved throwing endless weak ass reinforcements at you and it was boring as fuck because of it. It's like awakening levels of bad if it didn't at least give you the courtesy of allowing you skip the enemy phase.
>>
>>340708275
>FE11
>dialog
choose one
>>
>>340710270
Have you even fucking played FE11?

http://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon/scripts/game-script/chapter-13-the-wooden-cavalry/
>>
>>340710440
Heroes of light and shadow have waaay more dialogues than shadow dragon, where almost all the dialogue is between marth and nyna just speaking about the battle, the rest of the team barely says a thing besides their recruitment lines.
>>
>>340711241
That's fucking flimsy and desperate.
>>
>>340711241
FE11 has little dialogue, but it is well written.

FE12 adds a bunch of stupid garbage along with the MU / assassin subplot. The dialogue is terrible.
>>
>>340712012
Thank you for finding the words for me.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.