[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>xcom devs shit on consoles before the launch of Xcom 2 >come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
>xcom devs shit on consoles before the launch of Xcom 2
>come crawling back to them

Kind of funny really
>>
They literally never did that. You're an idiot and this is a terrible thread.
>>
>>340707523
>Its another OP is a fucking retard episode
>>
>>340707523
>xcom devs shit on consoles before the launch of Xcom 2
Source?
>>
I love how whenever people try to shitpost on Xcom it backfires.
>>
>>340707767
No, they said the console was not a good fit for xcom, and that they probably couldn't handle what Xcom 2 was going to be.
>>
>>340708161
And they're right
It will control much worse on consoles and it will probably run like ass
Doesn't mean they aren't going to sell the game to people too poor to own a decent PC
>>
I think XCOM devs are just running the same business model as other developers:
>Develop your game for your primary platform (consoles / pc) so you can secure your main source of income.
>Then, if the game is successful port it to other platforms (pc / consoles).
>>
>>340708468

and there is no issue with that kind of stuff.

more people get to enjoy their game and they get to enjoy their money in return.
>>
>>340708656
Yup.
Games should be available to everyone.
>>
>>340708161
so the pc version had shit sales or it would of never come to consoles.
>>
>According to an interview with IGN, creative director Jack Solomon mentioned to IGN that the team at Firaxis Games aren't opposed to porting XCOM 2 to home consoles but at the moment they're just focused on the PC. Why? Because they can't afford to be stretched thin working on a multiplatform game and trying to scale the assets and features from PC to PS4 to Xbox One. Firaxis is a small team and they want to work on doing the best they can with the capabilities and power of a PC.

Nope.
>>
>>340709017
Not really.
Many games sell great in consoles and that doesn't keep them from being ported to PC.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.