[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overtime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>Playing Control
>Get to 99%, other team literally has <10%
>enemy team starts bum-rushing the point to abuse the generosity of the Overtime
>You can now lose the round despite having a landslide lead at first
>All because the game arbitrarily keeps you from reaching 100% because people switched to Tracers and are zipping around the point

Who's the retard who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>340706792
I think its a fun mechanic but I can't find an argument for it
>>
>>340707030
It is a good mechanic, it means you have to earn the victory with a won teamfight. The problem is shitty teammates who pussy foot around the entire game, no stepping on the control point, until it says OVERTIME loudly and your team suddenly shits themselves and bum rushes the point.

When they do this and end up winning, you just can't help but think how easy that win would have been if your teammates had done that earlier
>>
>>340706792
Maybe you should just...

Change your team comp because that's probably why they were able to snowball your team.
And if you are solo queued I am sorry because the potatoes that float around will just stay on their characters that are being blatantly counter picked.
>>
>>340707225
Yeah fucking right, the game should give you the round to the team that gets to 99 first, why hold the final 1% just because 1 player ran in with Tracer, Mei or Reinhardt to artificially extend the overtime?
>>
>>340707562

If you lose a teamfight after a character runs to the point alone and manages to stay alive long enough for their team to keep the Overtime going and then can't retake the Hill you aren't King of the Hill.
>>
>>340706792
It's only bullshit in the sense that you can have infinite overtime. KOTH maps suffer the most. Honestly it only feels like complete bullshit due to how much time you get for capping points or checkpoints. Sucks as a defender to defend for the full time 3 times in a row when attacking gets a huge swing mechanic.
>>
>>340707919

Tracer can simply zip on and off the point and dick around with recalls. Your point stands but she can be a bitch to catch. It's most annoying when someone immediately switches to her during the countdown.
>>
>>340707562
Exactly. People hear OVERTIME and immediately switch to Lucio and Tracer and just suicide on the point until something happens. It just feels like it could use some reworking.
>>
>>340707919
I'm not King of The Hill despite my team getting to 99% first fair and square? Okay, retard.

The game is really generous with its overtime, all anyone has to do to get the game going is March in behind a Reinhardt or freeze themself as Mei, and after shit like that happens everyone switches to meme characters like Reaper and Tracer until someone gets their Ulti and reclaims a match that should be on round 2.
>>
>>340708494
Yeah, that's how it works scrub, the King has 100% of the hill not 99%.
>>
>>340707562
If anything if you lose the point when you're 99% overtime you should just automatically lose the round to save you the trouble of trying and failing to take it back for the next few minutes.
>>
>>340707919
It could literally be 1 Tracer or a Reinhardt on the objective that keeps the round going despite your entire team being there.
>>
Start overtime bar at 100% as it does now.

Make standing on the point grow the overtime bar at the same rate that it decays rather than instantly jump to 100%.

Problem solved.
>>
File: 1437338236322.jpg (32 KB, 552x624) Image search: [Google]
1437338236322.jpg
32 KB, 552x624
>>340708739
>>
>>340706792

I dunno, seems pretty lenient. I like it.

Especially after coming off of bullshit like Splatoon, where losing the point can net you like 70 "penalty seconds" that you need to hold the point for, in addition to whatever time was left.
>>
>>340708848
Get mad if you want but you know that shit happens 99% of the time.
>>
>>340706792
The game is casual and encourages artificial wins and losses.
>>
>>340707562
playing random hero's play list losing 94 to fucking 14 respawn as lucio and whole team rushed obj we took the win because the other team wasn't paying attention since they had a huge lead
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.