[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to start Bloodborne for the first time but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: bloodborne-10.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-10.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
I never know what class to choose in these fucking games. What class should I go with /v/?
>>
you don't choose a class, just your gun and melee weapon
go for the axe and pistol
>>
>>340695612
It really doesn't matter that much OP.
>>
>>340695612
It doesn't matter at all in the long run.
>>
>>340695734
>not superior and upgrade worthy cane
axefags out.
>>
>>340695612
avoid Arcane, that's it.
>>
>>340695612
Milk and Toast is what I chose but it really doesn't matter much
>>
>>340695953
Any reason why?

But yeah, looking forward to jumping into this. I love the atmosphere and Victorian horror vibe to it. Reminds me of Residence Remake sort of, the atmosphere at least. Hype.
>>
Avoid bloodtinge like the plague

Acquire saw cleaver to win
>>
>>340696238
Arcane isn't a viable playstyle: the damage output is atrocious for how powerful it is for the NPC's. Kind of a disappointment, really.
>>
>>340696375
Ok, thanks anon.
>>
>>340696318
If you rock the pistols, you can actually make a bloodtinge playthrough work.
>>
Equal parts Str/Skl is your best bet for a first time.
Pick Saw Cleaver, it gives you a 20% damage bonus against beasts while in transformed (long) mode and is faster than the Cane Whip.

Pick Blunderbuss instead of Pistol, the coverage is more important than the slightly slower speed.

Generally speaking, level Health, Strength and Skill.
You have enough Stamina from the start to carry you through the game so I advise not bothering to level it at all. Most starting stat distributions give you enough to roll/dash like 10 times.

You need Insight before you can levek at all. One can be found in the sewer or you can just find a boss (you get 1 insight for just seeing one).

Good luck.

Let us cleanse these foul streets.
>>
>>340696375
That's flat out wrong.
Arcane is only bad for early game.
Once you get Executioner's Glove and some of the other high tier tools and weapons, it's monstrous.
>>
>>340696513
Awesome. Thanks very much, anon.
>>
>>340696375
This is absolutely true. I kept hearing people say that ARC was actually good past <whatever softcap> but even if your ARC is 70+ you'll still do only middling damage with Hunter Tools relative to how far you need to be in the game to even get that level in the first place. It's fun when stuff is weak to pure ARC damage but that's really rare. I guess it's probably better in PvP / if you have good gems but for a PvE run it was very underwhelming, even my first run where I had no idea how builds worked I was doing more damage.
>>
>>340695612
The starting classes only matter for the first few hours in the souls games since you can pump any stats as you like. But you have to know that

>axe = easy mode
>cleaver = medium mode
>cane = hard mode

That's pretty much it, the axe is really OP but ends kinda boring. Also Arcane and bloodtinge are special stats and I don't advise you to try them for your first playthrough. Go either strength or skill or both
>>
>>340696779
Haven't done an executioner run: I'm speaking from using the Choir stuff.
>>
>>340696375
Take a look at this scrub. Yes Arcane is hard, but it' devastating. Of course you don't have any hp but you can melt some bosses in seconds with a call beyond and you forget the best :

ARCANE BUILDS CAN USE ANY WEAPONS THEY WANT

You only have to get some elemental gems and bam you have an arcane scaling weapons
>>
>>340695902
Only sissy boys use the cane. The axe is a real man's weapon.
>>
>>340697045
real men use the holy blade, greatsword only.
>>
>>340696375
There isn't a single playstyle that isn't viable in BB, both Pve and PvP.
However, pure Arcane and pure Bloodtinge require a second playthrough, when you know the weapon's locations and how best to get there.

Just don't lie next time.
>>
>>340697043
>you only have to play the shitty chalice dungeons and bam your worthless build becomes viable!

Why would I play a bunch of something that isn't fun to get marginally better damage returns at the endgame which is the only time when this shit matters at all? Never mind the fact that ACB is locked off until about the third to last area of the main game. What's the point if 90% of your run is going to be using a starting weapon with fire gems slotted into it?
>>
>>340697279
>ludwig memeblade

Try kirkhammer

>>340697045
>noob ez mode weapon

Kek

>>340695612
I advise you to go to /bbg/ after your first playthrough. Don't listen to /v/ they really suck at games
>>
>>340697517
That's why I said it was not a thing to do on your first playthrough dummy because it's a pain to do. But you only have to do the first chalice to get a fire gem as soon as possible and then you can just find the ones in the game. It's a glass canon but you do a shitload of damages, and it's really fun to play if you like a risk/reward gameplay
>>
>>340697691
I did an (almost) pure ARC run recently and I felt like it played out exactly the same as my initial quality run, except I got to spam homing projectiles sometimes and quick kill bosses (which is pretty neat, I'll admit). I tried a bunch of options but it mostly felt like the same playstyle with different scaling / particle effects. The hunter tools aren't all that fun to use either. Maybe Bloodborne just isn't for me? I've only played it through twice and I already feel like I've seen everything.
>>
go for 25skill/50 bloodtinge. then find chikage and rek everyhting
>>
>>340698871
Try bloodtinge. Killing bosses with guns is fun. Also did you try the DLC weapons ?

Otherwise there is always the chalice dungeons. Going through the story mandatory chalices can be done in coop and while they're fun they get repetitive, but the fun part is doing your own chalices or explore other players'. Really fun and challenging
>>
>>340697535
Leave my memeblade alone
>>
>>340699349
I love this weapon myself 2bh but it make pve too easy and is less fun than kirk overall
>>
>>340695612
I desperately wish we can respec in this game. There so many build I wanna experiment with without playing the game again.
At this point I have a str, blood/dex, and a pure dex character. I wanna fuck around with arcane, but that seem like a nightmare trying to optimize with a new game
>>
>>340695612
Do you have disc or digital copy. With disc you can dupe items and max your stats so you can get everything
>>
>>340699206
Yes, I rushed the DLC before killing Rom to get the HMS and Kos Parasite, mostly because I was tired of using the cleaver. I also used the Whirligig as a conversion weapon for a bit. They're all nice weapons but everything in the game just feels really similar, even though the visual designs of the weapons are so unique.

The chalices were actually really cool at first but after three or four of them I started seeing the same rooms, same enemies, same traps, same loot, and same bosses everywhere. I lost steam around the bit where you fight Rom again except it's indoors and the spiders oneshot you. I've heard that kind of thing only gets more common in the deeper chalices, and I don't really care about doing an extra 10% damage or whatever because it's already at the endgame and I don't do PvP. I'll probably never get to the defiled ones or the end boss because they're just really tedious and some of the boss fights are not fun at all.

I'll give bloodtinge a try next time I revisit it.
>>
File: 1462162309357.jpg (24 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1462162309357.jpg
24 KB, 208x199
>>340699879
>OP didn't even start playing
>some cunt already tells him to cheat

Holy shit let him enjoy the game as he should before trying to break it. Jesus
>>
>>340700026
bitch please even with max stats that, everyone on relatively even ground. If he max stats, she doesn't have to make multiple characters just to try shit out.
>>
>>340697045
Beast cutter have you both beat
>>
>>340700020
>extra 10 damage

You can do 3x + 37% physical damage. My kirk is at 820 dmg at 50 str.

Also I don't understand how you can say that every weapon feels the same. Thay all have their own moveset and tricky attacks that make them fun to play. Cleaver is literally the most boring one with saw spear, you should have gone with something else.
>>
>>340700169
And he'll get bored in 5 minutes because it's absolutely not rewarding. Thanks anon
>>
>>340695612

I just started it yesterday
Went with str build, putting only to vit/sta/str so far.

Axe + pistol is ez mode.

Couldnt wait to get kirkhammer cuz it looked cool in videos just to realize its shit compared to the axe.
>>
Did anyone else think Bloodborne was harder than the Dark Souls games, or am I just bad?
>>
>>340701205
I found it to be easier, though it's just a matter of getting the hang of the new system
>>
File: 1464769808575.jpg (46 KB, 568x479) Image search: [Google]
1464769808575.jpg
46 KB, 568x479
>>340700929
>kirkhammer is shit compared to the axe

Listen to me and try to use it again because it's more difficult than the axe but it's absolutely devastating. Especially L2's and charged R2s

Also more than 20 stamina is completely useless
>>
>>340701331
This, Kirkhammer kicks ass.
>>
>>340700325
My point was more that the extra damage isn't worth it to me, as someone who can faceroll the remaining few bosses I have access to by that point in the game. I know that the gems get pretty ridiculous but I don't care to make my AR as high as it can possibly be when there's so little for me to use that AR on.

Like I said, I started with the cleaver and went to the DLC as early as possible to get some more interesting equipment. The weapons are mostly really creative ideas and they look great, but I find myself underwhelmed when using them, and the rhythm and flow of combat aren't substantially different in my eyes no matter what you use. It's not that they don't have unique moves and a wide array of attacks, far from it. I just don't feel like those attacks add much to the gameplay besides some extra visual flair. There's not much of a gameplay reason to use all of your options which in my opinion is a step back from the other Souls games.
>>
>>340701205
I found it harder. Dark souls 3 was still challenging but felt more tame than bb for me
>>
Your character background means little but for a first time player for shit like this just go for whatever has the most health and stamina at the start and pick either the cleaver or the axe.

Either gun will work.
>>
>>340701389
>It's not that they don't have unique moves and a wide array of attacks, far from it
> I just don't feel like those attacks add much to the gameplay

I don't follow you there anon. Blades of mercy play nothing like kirkhammer. Str overall is different than skill and then you have the BLT weapons. How do they not add anything. Playing DaS 3 where weapons only have 3 attacks felt much more of a step back to me
>>
>>340701331

Too slow and no range

Still gonna skip
>>
>>340696784
Only problem with this >>340696513 is that the saw cleaver does bonus damage UNtransformed, in its shorter form. Its short form is serrated damage, its long form is blunt.
>>
>>340701682
All right but you have been warned. Also whirlig is even better. Axe is literally charged R2 : the game
>>
>>340701798
>charge R2 the game

Yeah i noticed
>>
File: nomnom.png (124 KB, 354x390) Image search: [Google]
nomnom.png
124 KB, 354x390
>>340701889
As long as you have fun anon
>>
>>340701205
It was until I realize you just have to be more aggressive. You can't really stay back and block passively.

Once you change your mentality, it more or less the same difficulty.
>>
>>340695612
OP, is the big twist already spoiled for you?

If so, you really missed out on this generation's "Vader is Luke's father" moment.
>>
>>340696375

This is false.

The damage is a bit less in PvE, but you get a lot of utility in return. Augur and Executioner's glove are great. Some bosses that are pretty challenging as str or skill fold like lawn chairs to arcane. Plus, the arcane DLC weapons are pretty neat.
>>
>>340701623
It's pretty simple, weapons have a large number of attacks but you have things like dashing/rolling attacks, which serve the same function and for most weapons one is strictly better than the other. In general the 'new' moves, that are meant to be used as part of combos and haven't been in Souls games before, look cool but don't offer any kind of tactical advantages. I feel like Bloodborne is mostly caught between wanting to be balls-to-the-wall character action and having the traditional slow-paced, strategic Souls gameplay that is more concerned with encounter composition, enemy variation and behavior etc.

Even though the BoM and Kirkhammer are different, I feel like whatever weapon I'm using I'm playing the same way - dodging at the same time, emptying my stamina bar with R1s at the same time, charged R2 at the same time, trick attack at the same time, etc. I guess this is true of every Souls game but I feel that something about Bloodborne makes it especially noticeable.
>>
>>340702216
>If so, you really missed out on this generation's "Vader is Luke's father" moment.
nigger what? Don't make bloodborne story bigger then it is. It's intriguing but shit ain't life changing
>>
>>340702216
>Soulsborne
>coherent story
nobody plays these games for the story, and the developers barely even bother writing a story. Almost all of it is fanfic assumptions/theories written on wiki pages.

There is nothing spoiled by knowing the endings desu. Its not a story driven game.
>>
>>340695612
Doesn't really matter, all three weapons are very viable and you can branch out from there anyway.

Axe - One of the best weapons of the game, not even counting its ridiculous charged r2 in halberd mode. Very high life regen, only moderately slower than the cleaver or cane, very versatile moves.

Cleaver - The longsword of the game. Fast, strong, effective in practically all situations.

Cane - Faster than cleaver, noticeably weaker until you pump a bit of upgrades/stats, but tricked whip mode has insane range and moderate speed letting you zone a lot of enemies.

Building for str, dex or quality is easy at any NG level. Building for arc or blt is tough in the early game.
>>
>>340702216
Yeah man I remember that part in Star Wars where they were like, you thought this was one subgenre of science fiction, but it's actually a different subgenre of science fiction than you thought at first. It's no wonder why we remember such an amazing twist to this day.
>>
>>340702690
All right. I never felt this way while playing the game but that's fair enough of an explanation
>>
>>340702690
I honestly don't mean for this to be an insult. It just a lack of better terms. But it just similar to scrub mentality when it comes to fighting game. People playing at a certain level don't get naunces in movement set and spacing, so they just use one move over and over cause it works for them.

Nuances of move set becomes more apparent when you pvp at mid to high level when people start punishing you for abusing some move repeatedly.

Game AI can't learn so they just brute force it and just mash your face in. As a result, you can do the same so the important of other attack never becomes apparent.
>>
>>340699879
I have the disc. How would I go about doing that?
>>
>>340704553
Make sure you start out by deleting the patch and only have the based game. ver.00. You have to start a new character though, so make sure you're ok with that and backup any existing save file you already have. (take yourself offline so it doesn't autopatch too)

there plenty of dupe video showing you how to do it from there.
>>
>>340704941
I recommend you just get to SL 80-110 with multiple characters you need so you can have multiple builds.
>>
>>340704426
Right, but I'm not interested in paying for PS+ to play one game online, especially because I'd have to grind chalices to be competitive. It's good to know that those types of things actually matter in PvP at least. I just wish they pushed it more in the main game, it feels like my character is out of the wrong game. It'd be great if there was more incentive to string combos together (something like better rally or increased damage on later hits.)
>>
>>340705492
Well at the very least, it gets harder to brute force your way through the game when things start to 2 shot you. So part of the fun is watching for shit you can counters while dancing around a room full of enemies. So there's that.

It feels satisfying when you parry because you actually see the attack coming instead of parrying cause you was spamming your gun
>>
>>340696513
This is literally a ruse post. Those are exactly the WORST weapons to pick.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.