[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
picked this up for 5 ameribucks at a flea market. What are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 3d-pro-gaming-joystick-images.png (37 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
3d-pro-gaming-joystick-images.png
37 KB, 521x342
picked this up for 5 ameribucks at a flea market. What are some games that are better with flight sticks?

Also Flight sim thread
>>
>>340690415
does it even work? The sensors tend to build residue in those...
>>
Download Mame and emulate.
>After Burner II
>Space Harrier
>Star Wars
Really, most flying games feel better with flight sticks.

Good find though, I'm jealous.
I'm planning on getting a Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 when I get my tax return, mainly for emulating arcade games.
>>
>>340691592
computer recongnized and installed whatever native driver software it has. just trying to find some games I can test it on. probably gonna bite the bullet and re download war thunder

>>340691691
I've never tried any of those. My friend was going on about x-wing being really fucking great. how would I get the stick to work in MAME? Does it have support or am I going to have to go through stuff like X-padder or other third party software?
>>
war thunder is free
start there
>>
>>340692780
I'm considering it. I played back in 2012/2013 when it was near perfect. I stopped around 2014. Looking at the steam reveiws, most people feel the same way I did when I quit. I guess if I hang around the general on /vg/ I can at least have some fun joining the community.
>>
>>340690415
Nice find, OP. I got one at a thrifts shop for cheap. It's a good stick, but be forewarned that it can wear out with regular use.

Here's what I would recommend:

Descent
Descent 2
Freespace 2
TIE Fighter
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Oolite
Rise of Flight
>>
>>340690415
IL-2 1946 on Steam will get you shitloads of WWII air combat content

Don't even bother with War Thunder, that game is gutter trash
>>
Star Citizen is fun with a stick if you can run it.
>>
>>340693903
how is the combat right now? is it fun to just pick up and get into multiplayer dogfighting matches?

This is kind of what I most want in a space game right now - good, active, multiplayer dogfighting.
>>
>>340694785
>is it fun to just pick up and get into multiplayer dogfighting matches?
That's about all it is at the moment
>>
>>340695070
is it active and variant, though?
>>
i use the little flip toggle at the bottom ( top of the base in ops image ) as a parking brake, and the stick itself as a hand brake. thats it.
>>
>>340690415
I have the same stick. Here's some recommendations:
Freespace
Wing Commander
X-Wing and TIE Fighter
Descent

Also, don't be surprised if the stick eventually starts pulling to one direction no matter how much you adjust the sensitivity or deadzone. That's just something that happens with these particular sticks after a while. I've accepted that I'll probably have to buy a replacement every few years, because I really like its design.
>>
File: T16000M_1_800x600[1].jpg (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
T16000M_1_800x600[1].jpg
24 KB, 800x600
>>340696063
Get a T-16000M next time

Same price but uses Hall sensors so it will never get gunked up over time
>>
Diaspora is a fun free game to try, sliding around in 3 dimensions all the time and shit instead of flying like a plane in space like Freespace
>>
>>340696241
can confirm; I've used the T-16000M as long as I used the 3D Pro in the past, and while the 3D Pro lost calibration, the T-16000M works just as new.

But hey, finding a 3D Pro for $5 isn't bad at all. Just be prepared to replace it.
>>
File: 1437175302704.jpg (1 MB, 2446x3264) Image search: [Google]
1437175302704.jpg
1 MB, 2446x3264
Got a Saitek X-55
Shit's pretty awesome, definitely worth the money
Makes Warthog flying super awesome
>>
>>340696743
>Warthog flying
>not using the Thrustmaster Warthog
>the stick specifically designed to exactly replicate the Warthog controls
>>
>>340697146
I don't have 500 dollars to waste on that, anon
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.