[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they ever make a sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: burnoutparadisetitle.jpg (173 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
burnoutparadisetitle.jpg
173 KB, 480x348
Why didn't they ever make a sequel?
>>
>>340689807
because it wasn't that good from what I played of it
>>
>>340689807
They did, it was called need for speed most wanted (2012).
>>
>>340689807
Because it wasn't one of EAs titles. They bought the franchise just to snuff it so their Need for Speed monopoly would be more powerful
>>
All of the criterion devs got sent to ghost games to make Need for Speed Rivals. Game was shit, sold like a million copies. Ghost games gets shut down taking the criterion devs with it. I think thats what happened.
>>
because of that fucking mountain on the map..
>>
they made the new NFS:HP
which was amazing
>>
>>340690079
Ghost games made the reboot dumbass. They're still around.
>>
>>340689807
This game was good shit.

I feel like the open-world idea is shoehorned far too much into games where it doesn't belong, but it felt like a perfect fit for Burnout.
>>
WHAT DID YOU LEARN TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>340689807
>Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and girls are pretty, ooooh won't you please take me hooooome
>>
>>340689807
Well, they ARE working on something, unless Criterion is made of completely different people nowadays.
>>
>>340691105
No it didnt Paradise was fun at first, but such a fucking letdown once you get to know it and a huge step back from B3/BL PSP
>>
>>340691792
oh you mean that ...thing they mentioned once three years ago?
>>
Burnout 2: Best Burnout. Last in the series with actual track design.
>>
>>340689807
Because EA killed them off and forced the remaining members to make mobile tier trash.
>>
HEY HEY YOU YOU I CAN BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
>>
>>340692005
>there were 3-4 different versions of this fucking song on the PSP game
I'm glad I edited out most of the tracks in the game. thank you iso editor.
>>
Paradise wasn't all that good honestly.
The again the only burnout game I played with any regularity was revenge, so what the hell do I know.
>>
>>340691105

I thought it was a textbook example of how not to do open world.

Every race
>drive in a straight line for miles
>turn once, maybe twice if you're feeling frisky
>don't see opponents from beginning of race to end because they all took different routes

It didn't gain anything by being open world. Tracks are designed the way they are for a reason.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.