[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how do I play Shit-Witch in Overwatch? The only I know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16
File: 1465418552902.jpg (111 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
1465418552902.jpg
111 KB, 500x694
So how do I play Shit-Witch in Overwatch? The only I know what to do with her is lock down rooms and that is about it. Is there anything else you can do with this character?
>>
yeah her m1 does a million damage
>>
>>340673921

Her turrets are either used to cut off an alternate path or to protect your teleporter if you think the enemy team might find it. Use all of them in the same spot, a single turret does no damage at all, six turrets will kill some players before they realize it. If you can stay close to them, do that.

Her normal-fire is for dueling. I shit you not. She shreds some characters. Genjis will freak out and try to reflect it like retards. You have a reasonable shot at killing just about anyone who isn't a Tank just by holding M1 and jumping around spastically like an asshole. The damage ramps up the longer your beam stays on them, so if you hold it on somebody for a few seconds it's going to be melting them.

Her alt-fire is for area denial. I mean, if you snipe somebody with it, that's great, but it moves too goddamn slow for that to be a real option. Usually, you're going to be charging up your fuck-orb and lobbing it in the general direction of the enemies when you have nothing better to do. Preferably, you're shooting it into doorways so that the idiots might walk into it and get zapped.

Your teleporter is the only actual fucking reason you're allowed on the team. Put it somewhere it won't be found in ten seconds. When in doubt, put it a little farther back than you'd like. It's better to have team-mates walking an extra three seconds to get to the point than to have their Tracer melt your teleporter before anyone gets to use it. Nothing else you do really wins games. Having a teleporter up when they rush the point wins games.
>>
>>340674673

Oh also shield everyone. That should go without saying but for real, I've seen Symmetras that just don't do it and I don't understand.
>>
File: afriggenonemanapocalypse.jpg (58 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
afriggenonemanapocalypse.jpg
58 KB, 680x680
>>340674823
It's such a weak ass shield but it can go along way for characters like tracer and make Roadhogs and Reinhardt even sturdier.

Combine with Tornborn armor and you've got 5 much tankier teammates
>>
>>340673921
Scare Rheinhards by m2'ing there shields
>>
>>340675123
It's also just enough to save Zenyatta from Widowmaker bodyshots.

So if you're playing Symmetra and you have a Zenyatta on your team, you'd better make sure he has a shield on him at all times.
>>
File: 1465428884591.jpg (208 KB, 880x597) Image search: [Google]
1465428884591.jpg
208 KB, 880x597
>>340674602
you need to charge it up for a couple seconds first, then it does crazy DPS. you can charge it anything shootable really, like mei's walls or a winston/rein shield so its ready to do crazy damage when the first enemy strolls by. not that you'll be relying on it much.
>>
File: 1465416469868.jpg (122 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1465416469868.jpg
122 KB, 1024x576
I unlocked best skin for best girl the other day
>>
File: 1345480222456.png (623 KB, 944x530) Image search: [Google]
1345480222456.png
623 KB, 944x530
>>340674673
>Use all of them in the same spot
Nah, that's dumb. Too easy to deal with. This can get you one or two cheap surprise kills, but will quickly be taken care of. Its better to have 2-3 at various points, to act as information about flankers and maybe help you score some M1 kills.

The rest of this advice is very solid.

When it comes to using M1, you need a Pyro W+M1 ambushing mindset. Symmetra is fairly easy to kill, but if you can get the drop on someone that means a second or two of free damage and damage ramp-up for your primary fire. If you're good at being a dodgy shithead while staying in M1 range, Symmetra will be one of the best close-combat fighters in the game. The only non-tank I can't consistently beat close-range is Mei, but I CAN shred her if my beam is already at full charge from another enemy. Also, you're pretty helpless against Pharah if she has room to fly. If you can get behind enemies during a large push where they're focused on your team ahead, its really easy to get 3 or 4 kills in quick succession, even with the loud-ass noise that your primary fire makes.

As for secondary fire, firing it down chokepoints is important. Any time you don't anticipate you'll be doing close-range fighting, you can just spam these at where enemies are going to be and hope for a free hit. Noticeably gives Reinhardt a pain, since it goes right through his shield and can hit him and everyone behind him. Just don't get carried away, if you're chasing down a flanker that you saw move into a building you want to be at full ammo for the fight ahead.

When the match begins, play conservative until your teleporter is up and running. You want it to go up as soon as possible, but don't get greedy - dying is the worst possible delay to your teleporter. And for fucks sake, don't forget to shield people. Spam E at all of your allies.
>>
>>340674673
>Use all of them in the same spot,
I disagree. Usually 3 on one spot, and 3 at another will do the trick. It's enough to deter people away from either exit you're protecting, while also dealing enough damage for you or a teammate to zap or blast them to death with complete ease.
>>
>>340675123
its not much, 25 damage, but it does mean your team will technically win all 1v1s, assuming they do not have symettra buffs.

it also recharges that 25 damage.
>>
>>340675629
you're wasting time running around everywhere setting up sentries that get taken out easily. its best to just put them all up wherever you are that is also a potential choke or near a medkit you want to rely on. don't try to be a clever little tjorn. just make them fear chasing you or overextending
>>
>>340675572
Looks like fucking miss chiquita
>>
>>340675789
>Put all 6 sentries in one spot
>Sentries destroyed, +300 for Junkrat, before they can do anything

Nah m8. Depending on the map I put 3 in 2 sports, or 2 in 3 spots. On top of using them to know where enemies are, I can use them to bait people around a corner and blast them with M1 while my turrets chip away. 2 turrets is sufficient for this, 3 turrets is more than sufficient, 6 is just pointless overkill.
>>
>>340675789
This.
If an enemy sneezes at your turret the thing explodes.
>>
Her m1 is great, but only if you can surprise the enemy.

Her turrets are great, but only if you can surprise the enemy.

All you should be doing is abusing corners and paying attention to enemies that engage your allies, then get a drop on them. Easy.
>>
>>340676070
well yeah, if the enemy pushes where your sentries are and your team isn't there. the idea is to have the sentries where they will be engaging your team so they have to choose to focus on your sentries or on your team. either way you win. putting your turrets where your team isn't such as on the flanks is the opposite of this. if the enemy can take out 6 easily, they can take out 2-3 even more easily
>>
If you're on defense run to the start of the map and drop sentries somewhere near their spawn and run back. They'll be destroyed pretty much immediately, but they'll zap people long enough to give you a huge teleporter/ult boost early on. Then just slowly build sentries in better locations (health pack rooms, arch ways).

If you see a Genji just bum rush him and you'll probably win. Tracer fights you might win, but they have the mobility edge.
>>
>>340676281
>Choose to focus on your sentries

See, that doesn't make sense. Unless you are playing against drooling retards, eliminating 6 sentries doesn't take more than a few seconds at the very longest. And that's just for one player, let alone the entire enemy team.

If your sentry nest of 6 is destroyed, then you've lost 100% of your nests and can only bring it back to half-strength while waiting extensively to re-place the other 3 turrets. That's a huge gap in your defense for quite some time.

That's why I think several smaller nests are helpful. They can be quickly replaced, filling a gap in the defenses, and even if one is destroyed the others are still present.

I've played enough Symmetra to have tried both strategies plenty of times. I'm telling you, multiple smaller nests works better.
>>
>>340676605
It takes a single shot, which can mean anything depending on what their team comp is. a pharah or roadhog with a small magazine size means you're basically wasting their time not only with shooting your sentries but also on reloading, all the while this is in middle of a team fight which don't last that long to start with. you're not killing anyone with your sentries no matter where they are, so if you use them as chip damage and more importantly as a distraction you're actually being a credit to your team who will be doing the actual killing. all those shots at your sentries are shots that could've been directed at your team. none of this applies if you're putting them in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>340677119
No, seriously. Turrets are hardly a distraction, not enough of a distraction to be credit to team. Unless you are playing against 6 Hanzos, any nest of 6 can be destroyed almost instantly.

Besides, if you are playing Symmetra your enemies would be crazy not to pick, say, Pharah. Unless you're playing against shitters, your 6-nests are going to be destroyed very quickly and very easily.
>>
>>340674673
You lying sack of shit. I tried this and got fucking dumped on. All my turrets instantly killed and they don't even get to fire. It's like people already know where they're going to be and walk into a room firing their fucking guns like mad.

Plus I got absolutely DUMPED on by EVERYONE. You made her gun out to be insane but its fucking shit. I dueled this Widow and had her "roasting" until I ran out of ammo. NEVER EVEN KILLED HER.

Fuck you.
>>
>>340677580
>I played ONE GAME AND IT DIDN'T WORK WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You should try a few more games. Takes a little bit to git gud at Symmetra.

Also, ignore this "6 sentries in one place" advice unless you want that shit happening to them every single match. And for god's sake, no matter how many sentries you put in a nest, don't keep putting them in the same place every time they are destroyed.
>>
>>340675572
BLOO
>>
>>340677434
you're a bad symettra and you should feel bad. if you're not working with your team and instead trying to be a leet solo flanker, then you should just kys
>>
>>340676837
damn, i wouldn't even walk near that shit.
>>
File: yep.png (61 KB, 601x394) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
61 KB, 601x394
>>340674673
>>340675789
>>340676164
>>340676281
>>340677434
shitter detected
placing them all in one area is dumb, and you're wasting your time. If you spread them out, they have to look around and shoot each one, which takes much longer than looking in 1 area and taking them all out. The amount of time it distracts them is more than enough for symmetra to focus her beam on them and take them out without any trouble
-t. symmetra main who knows more than you
>>
Put sentries around a chokepoint that your team will likely be fighting near. Preferably try and put them where they can't be sniped from the front, like the back of an arch. Volskaya and Dorado are really good for this. Try to space them out so they can't be taken out in one rocket or grenade.
>>
Pick a room/flank route
Completely lock it down with sentries/your beam
Hope the enemy team is full of morons.

If the enemy team is shit, they'll continue wasting time trying to take your route/kill you and your shit, and you'll win by stalling the timer. If they're not shit, they'll ignore you and push 6 vs 5 against your team on any of the other routes.
>>
>>340677995
A single stray rocket will destroy 3-6 turrets every time if they are in the same spot.
>>
Playing against Winston, Roadhog and Pharah is ill advised since they can fairly easily destroy your turrets.
As for turrets I usually place them in a 2-2-1-1 formation, 2 in spots I want to defend and then 1 in spots I want to keep from being flanked from.

Her defense in temple of anubis is fucking godlike.

M2 is good for zoning hallways

If you don't have shields on everyone at all time then you may as well not play her.
Keep track of who dies and always get them new shields.
>>
>>340678123
>57%
lmao okay. you're definitely MLG material
>>
>>340678204

Also forgot to mention, resist the urge to fire your M2 early into the match. Symmetra's greatest strength is surprise, the second you fire your slow moving ball out of your room the entire team will now know you're in that room and will be more cautious. If it was actually possible to hit people with the ball consistently and deal damage I'd say it's a worthwhile exchange, but literally everyone but the most stubborn Reinhardt will just step to the side and avoid it.
>>
>>340677995
But I am working with my team. I give them shields, I help them with kills, I help them shut down chokes, I protect them from flankers, I save them time walking from spawn, and with a good ambush I can shut down a push by myself.

There's nothing wrong with solo-killing as Symmetra. She excels at it, m8. Are you fucking idiotic? Every proper flanker hero can be completely shut down by her. Are you saying that that isn't a valuable trait on defense?

>>340678123
You're missing the point. When I say spreading them out, I mean several nests in different areas throughout the point. In Hollywood, for example, I'll have a few in the alley behind the house, a few in the small building with some TV monitors inside, whatever. I think it goes without saying that even if you put 6 in one nest, you aren't just clumping them right on top of each other, but rather spreading them out pretty far.

Also, if Symmetra is your most played, you aren't playing Symmetra properly :^)
>>
>that fucking faggot that picks Sym on offense

I wish we could votekick
>>
>>340678513
anything above 50% is good in a game with a forced 50% winrate
>>
I find putting them in the same general area but still separated works best for turrets.

So as soon as an enemy walks in they're hit by two sentries they walk a little forward and turn around to take those two out and then they're in the vicinity for two more to hit and when they turn and move to take out those two two more pop on.

Squishies will usually decide fuck this it's not worth the headache and leave. Tankier characters will wast time trying to take them all out and losing a chunk of life.
>>
File: 1465100716541.jpg (19 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
1465100716541.jpg
19 KB, 550x343
>>340678592
>Forced 50%

Not him, but I am also going to have to lmao at you
>>
>>340678540
>I help them shut down chokes
obviously you don't with your no sentries. leave the flanks to the classes actually designed to handle them
>>
>>340677841
You can't DUEL ANYONE. If ANYBODY SHOWS UP YOU NEED HELP. And relying on help from pubs is fucking moronic. If your team gives a shit about you then it doesn't matter who you pick, you already fucking won.
>>
>>340678563
>not building the payload into a mobile battlestation

But I agree its pretty weak.
>>
>>340678437
did he died?
>>
>>340678592
What is this "forced 50% winrate" meme that people keep spouting?
>>
>>340678735

>Place any sort of Widowmaker mine on the payload or Symmetra sentry figuring someone will have to get close and take some damage
>Every single time they're destroyed in the explosive spam/bullet spray that goes on during the match

Symmetra's only use on offense is her teleporter, but even then a good team won't be dying enough to need that teleporter. And if they are, you'd be better off going Mercy to heal/revive them.
>>
>>340678765
The delusion that the system matches you with players that have worse win rates and draw you down when your winrate gets too high so that other players can feel the joy of winning.
>>
>>340678765
If you have a winrate above 50% you're put on teams with really bad players to "balance it out"

If you're shit with below 50%, you'll be put on teams with mostly good players
>>
>>340678563
For useful than the fucks who pick Widow/Hanzo/Bastion/Torb and just park their ass far away from the objective.
>>
>>340673921
>>>/vg/
OR USE THE CATALOG FOR EXISTING OVERSHILL THREADS
>>>/vg/
OR USE THE CATALOG FOR EXISTING OVERSHILL THREADS
>>
>>340678765
If you win a lot you get teamed up with one armed mouthbreathers to face professional esports players
>>
>>340678592
essentially unless your team is pre stacked, you will be matched with random people in pubs and winning is something of a crapshoot depending on whether or not the remaining 5 people are good enough.

There is some truth to this but I don't think it it necessarily true. People who claim the 50 percent thing is false usually go on to claim that they can carry their teams and thus win every game but I am a tad bit skeptical about this as well.
>>
>>340678678
>You can't duel anyone

No, seriously, keep playing and you'll realize how wrong that is.

>>340678765
It happens in Dota as well, it's the rallying cry of the bad player.

In this game and that one I'm sitting around 60%. It's not stellar, but it also hasn't changed much in hundreds of Overwatch matches and hundreds more DotA 2 matches.

>>340678671
Symmetra IS designed to handle flankers. She excels at close-quarters fighting, which is great for the confined spaces that make up a large deal of flanking routes, and even a single sentry can remove the element of surprise that flankers rely on.

As for chokes, I was more referring to her M2 spam to shut down a choke.
>>
>>340679052
Its possible to carry with some characters that are good at area denial, like junkrat which is why I have 70% with him
>>
>>340679017
Daily reminder that complaining about the FOTM is pointless and you should just hide or report the threads to see if something can be done about them. Give it time, like every flavor of the month, (Smash Bros, Bloodborne, MGS ...etc.) it will die eventually.
>>
>>340673921
D E S I G N A T ED
>>
My win rate has been hovering around 52%, which is weird because I keep getting put into absolutely terrible matches. I got put into a KOTH match last night where the entire team had quit so we were all having to fill in halfway through a match and could hardly even touch the point. Right after that they put me into Gibraltar on defense where the cart was already coming around the last corner with the entire team pushing it, ultimates all ready. I think the big issue is that they really need to do something about people leaving matches.
>>
>>340679356
WEE WEE
>>
>>340679386
the same people who ragequit matches are complaining about the leavers penalty, which isn't even that harsh. Honestly if you leave 3 matches in a row you should get a temporary ban, for like 30 minutes or something
>>
>>340679243
It depends on the location, but I have also done this with Junkrat. It is also fairly unfortunate if you are playing support and your team happens to be bad, because then there is no carrying anyone. Just pockets hoping something good will happen.
>>
>>340676224
>surprise the enemy
Oh god this. I snuck behind a rhinehardt and hit him witha fully charged m2 and then hopped around lasering him to death. Then I shit a bunch of turrets near his corpse and ran away. A mercy came and rezed him but then she and one of her teammates got melted by the lasers and the rezed rhinehardt took a ton of damage before destroying them and then I ran back and killed him with m1. He was so mad it was amazing.
>>
>>340678678
Literally just turn to a players left or right.
You'll keep the death link while they can't hit you
>>
File: 250px-131Lapras.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-131Lapras.png
51 KB, 250x250
>>340674673

I place my turrets around the same point, but not "all together" because if they're bunched together they can be taken out with a single blast.

Charge blast pierces shields and is great to use against turrets and slow/stationary targets.

Like you said, it's also good for area denial. If you want to buy your team some time you can just launch a barrage of alt-fire orbs.

Primary fire can also be comboed once it hits max-strength (wide stream). It doesn't reset back to a thin stream with each enemy so sometimes once you get it to max strength you can tear into nearby enemies one after the other.

Portals should be hidden behind enemy lines and guarded to some degree.

I have other meta-tricks but those are mine and I'm not giving them away for free. Use the character and experiment.
>>
>>340679574

Yeah, right now the penalty is nothing, it's like an EXP decrease or something but for people who don't care about cosmetics or who are willing to just pay for boxes anyway, that doesn't do shit for them. They need to make it something more substantial, or offer some sort of bonus for people who get put into matches to fill a hole when someone leaves.
>>
>>340679243
Same reason I have 73% w/r with Pharah
>>
>>340675572

I prefer the white and gold Goddess, but Devi is also top tier.

>I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb13ynu3Iac
>>
>>340679386
>>340679574
I think the leaving penalty is based on a percentage of your completed matches. Because I leave matches when I just don't want to deal with retards and this forced 50% crap but I've never have had a penalty.
>>
>>340678678
symmetra is fucking broken you have no idea how much I've died to her mouse 1 adadadad
>>
>>340679871

When are you leaving? If you leave before the gates open, it doesn't count as leaving. So if you join and can tell it's going to be a stomp and your team comp is shit, you can just peace right the fuck out of there.
>>
>>340679871

It's a threshold-number of games left taken out of your last 20 games. I dunno what the number is, but let's say it's 7 or something.

So, if you leave 7 games in a row, you'll have the penalty for your next 13 games, and on the 14th game it'll knock your first leave off, bumping you back down to 6, and removing the penalty.
>>
>>340677580
>120 dps is not a lot

It's one of the, if not THE, highest dps weapon in the game.
>>
File: Kensou98_stance.gif (35 KB, 190x178) Image search: [Google]
Kensou98_stance.gif
35 KB, 190x178
>>340679901

Oh come on m8, she's very balanced.

She's fragile, slow, and has very limited range.

Her middling damage and high utility are all she's got. If she killed you with her primary beam then she must have ambushed you with lots of prep-time.
>>
>>340678916
It's not a delusion since Blizz openly stated their matchmaking aims to keep everyone at 50% and that they think that's fair.
>>
File: Ears.jpg (96 KB, 729x757) Image search: [Google]
Ears.jpg
96 KB, 729x757
>It's a Symmetra on anubis attack episode
>>
>>340679118
>>340679901
YOU CANT FIGHT ANYONE 1v1

Your turrets get destroyed by RANDOM FUCKING MISSED SHOTS AND SHIT

She is awful
>>
>>340680430

This shit again. 120 DPS is not the highest in the game at all. Tracer does 240, Soldier does like 170, full power Zayra does 190, fucking Bastion does like 450. Symmetra's strength is not that her DPS is THE HIGHEST EVER!!!!! but that it's consistent. You don't have to aim at all or have any sort of skill to get the 120 DPS, outside of just jumping around and staying alive. Basically, double damage Winston.
>>
>>340680703
I think you're just really bad at the game
>>
>>340680604
A-are the yellow things his eyes or ears? Are his eyes the white circles?

Oh god, what the fuck man, how did I not notice this before
>>
>>340680767
I think YOU are bad. You clearly play in low shit tier MMR when symmetra owns people who can't aim and walk into rooms blindly, then spin around confused how they're taking damage
>>
>>340680767
To be fair, she can't damage race any of the close range characters if they are hitting their shots.
>>
>>340680986
>I can't kill people with an auto aim beam :(
yeah you're shit
>>
>>340681140
Yes she can. If you have any semblance of skill you're dodgy enough to ramp up in time. The only close-range fighters who can consistently beat Symmetra are Reaper, with some headshots, and Mei, who will win as long as she isn't ambushed.

And both of those heroes will probably lose if Symmetra also has a turret or two helping out.
>>
>>340675789
It's not so bad if you communicate information to your team. If you keep it to yourself, it's not going to matter at all. Tell people when are where enemies are about to enter and that gives your team mates enough time to set up.
>>
File: jerry.png (127 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
jerry.png
127 KB, 257x250
>>340673921

>mfw Winston and Symmetra are my mains

>2.5 k/d ratio

>people complain about either of them needing a buff

The game is balanced. Don't ruin it with reactionary casual complaining or Blizzard will listen to you fags.

The only balancing that needs to be done is that turrets shouldn't operate at sniping range.

Even then, it's not that big of a deal. With the recent adjustments being made to McCree the game should be pretty balanced at this point.
>>
>>340681673
People mostly just complain about characters that counter their mains
>>
>>340681221
You are deliberately avoiding discussing my point because you know I'm right. What a fucking sad pathetic person you are.
>>
>>340681845
you haven't made any points, the only thing you've said is:
>wahh 125 dps isn't high and I can't figure out where to place my turrets :(
>>
>>340681673
>the game is balanced
Symmetra and Winston are fine, yes
Widow is too good at surviving even against her counters(such as Winston and Genji)
McCree is way too good against everyone that walks next to him(He's supposed to be an anti-flank character, but ends up able to shit out 800 damage and roll even tanks with it)
D.va is way too weak and just kind of a shittier Winston
These are the biggest issues with the game
>>
>>340682014
Still avoiding it. Grow up some time.
>>
>>340680703

Get better at placing turrets - put them where the enemy has to walk past them before seeing them, learn to hide them in bushes, among other visual noise rather than standing out on walls etc.

I've got hanamura defence mapped out in my mind of great places for turrets, there are a few videos on good sentry placement strategies.

Its been said here but you want them to overlap in terms of range, but at so many different angles that they can't be taken out in one go. Coupled with her m1 you can melt most enemies.

And yes, watching genjis try to reflect is hilarious, but be warned that he can reflect the m2 orbs.
>>
>>340673921
Her left click is seriously dangerous. block off flanking rooms and use them yourself to flank the incoming team.
>>
>>340681845

Tip: place sentries high up and in places that are difficult to spot, also make a ring of them and constantly replace them if any are destroyed.

Just plan ahead, look at player habits, look at what other Symmetras do.

I've gotten Play of the game many times with her sentries, but you shouldn't expect a single area to get all the kills through the entire round.

I suggest, after getting the first few kills, start plotting the next "web" because chances are the enemy team has already taken steps to destroy/counter that particular area.

As for dueling, charge an alt-fire shot before turning a corner, then hit them with the primary fire beam to insta-kill almost anyone unshielded. .
>>
>>340680721
tracer
>has to aim
>very low hp
>no shields
>no designated sentry streets
>is an offense class

Soldier: 76
>has to aim
>decent hp
>no shields
>is an offense class

Zarya
>has to aim
>requires at least 50% charge to match poo's damage
>can't get away if caught

Bastion
>has to aim
>can't get away if caught
>>
>>340682808
>>340682694
You guys really don't get it. It's not about "placing turrets better". I'm not playing against MORONS. They see symmetra and pre-fire into every room. They can AIM. How can I possibly kill Mcree, Reaper, Tracer, who hit every shot? Stop making fake scenarios to make a point (such as "you cant aim auto aim gunXD and shit placement"
>>
>>340683112
You're the moron then, getting outplayed by literally every enemy.
>>
>>340681673
Symmetra DOES need a buff to her support capabilities though.

Or to be placed in defense and replaced by a new character that's actually a support.
>>
>>340673921
Rushing people is always fun. When you have your turrets up and your teleporter down, there isn't much else to do beside get behind people, blast em with a full charged alt, and finish them with the primary.
Nobody ever suspects it either, so it's pretty great.
>>
>>340683606
But she is a support. Not healing deosnt mean no support.
>>
File: Symmetra POTG2 2.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Symmetra POTG2 2.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>340678678
>>
File: simpsons_gil.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
simpsons_gil.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>340673921
>mfw the enemy team has a Junkrat, Winston, Phara and Zarya
jfmsu
>>
>>340683606
>Or to be placed in defense and replaced by a new character that's actually a support.

Yes please. You don't even need a new character in Support, just move Symmetra out of it.

Yes, she's very supportive. But a team needs a healer. Having Symmetra as your only Support is a recipe for a loss, and it's confusing to new players (and frustrating for everyone) when somebody locks Symmetra and the game tells you "Okay, support? Covered! I guess we need more tanks or something, because Lord knows a Mercy or Lucio wouldn't be a lot of help right now."

Like, people who understand team composition aren't going to be affected either way, but I've gone against plenty of teams where I'm just thinking "Wait, where's their healer?" and then a few minutes into the game we get the voice line shouting about them having a teleporter, and i just feel bad for them.
>>
>>340682993
Zarya can just pop her personal shield though. It's not like Symmetra has a lot of HP, so the few seconds of getting hit for free might kill her.

Plus it's rare to see a Bastion not in turret mode, so you really have to catch him from behind unless you want to be part of his POTG clip at the end.

I feel like Soldier's helix rockets might push you away far enough to break the beam? Plus he could throw down his healing field or even just sprint away and shoot you from afar.

Tracer needs to just warp away and shoot you and push E and shoot you.

I'm not saying Symmetra can't kill them or anything but it's not as easy as you're making it sound. You basically need to be in an advantageous position to win. Catch them by surprise, they've used their skills already...
>>
>>340678924

not even that, whenever i pass 55% i keep joining games that are 30s before being lost, and that counts as a loss for me. today i joined 3 games in a row where we had 1m left and the teams were horrendous
>>
>>340683982
Isn't this kind of rare though? No one is really shooting for Symmetra, she's basically killing everyone while they ignore her. How often are you going to replicate something like that?
>>
File: 13232145.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
13232145.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>340683982
>The game not only aims for you but keeps your beam on them so you can't possibly fail
>>
>>340679118
>She excels at close-quarters fighting

The problem is that she's fragile and flankers do a lot of damage at point blank.

You have to be really weasely and jump around like a madman.
>>
>>340684195
Using your pinwheel commands to ask for heals automatically says "we need a healer!" if there isn't already one on the team
>>
>>340680861
someone shopped the 2 black dots into the white circles
>>
>>340682993

>Symmetra has the highest DPS in the game!
>What about all of these things that have higher DPS?
>They're offense classes and they can't get away if caught so they don't count!

I don't understand your logic. Again, I say to you that Symmetra does not have the highest DPS, she's just got the highest consistant/not having to use any skill to aim DPS. Against bad players, she is going to absolutely wreck shit. Against really good players, they're going to deal more damage by hitting all of their shots on people, and that's before headshots.
>>
>>340684648
all the fucking time, because people don't consider her a threat
>>
>>340684648
It seems the rest of the team was busy dying which is why they were kind of ignoring symmetra.

once Symmetra has an opportunity to charge her beam, it stacks up to stupidly high damage at 120 DPS and retains for 3 seconds after not firing. Plus there's that little thing at the beginning where Symmetra's beam continues charging by firing at D.Va's mech while it was blowing up allowing her to have her damage maxed out by the time D.Va actually ejects. So a D.Va vs Symmetra will almost always die after ejecting thanks to the tracking and DPS
>>
>>340684994
Support classes die first if you're not retarded.
>>
>>340679386
>>340679574

Sigh. Flowerhat control freak retards. We play these games for fun, period. When the game forces you with retards up against an esports level team where you're literally playing 1 v 3 matches and dying left to right, it's not fucking fun.

Whether people leave the game that their team is getting raped in, or don't, doesn't change the fact that the team is getting raped anyway. The only difference there is the amount of self respect. And honestly, with the little time I have each day to play these games, I have so fucking much better things to do than spend my time being raped in a game where my gameplay is effectively 100% denied without a working team.

I have never once ever understood leaver penalties. Even in games that aren't based on this stupid cog in the wheel "part of the team" with loss/win assist matchmaker systems. You know, games where losing like an ass, can still be fun.

If you cannot design a game to handle leavers, then just give up and find something else to do for a living. Seriously. It's a cheap ass immoral, lazy and just a bum POS way of handling things, and deeply disrespects people who have every reason to get the fuck out and do something more valuable with their time.

It's a game, a pub game at that, not a frigging job, university exam, or a political career.
>>
>>340682993
I main Zarya and never lose to Symmetra unless she has a pocket Mercy on her.

If I ever walk into a turret nest I just pop my shield and back off ensuring I have 70+ charge if Symmetra is a dumbass and chases me.
>>
>>340675572
Her best skin is Architect.
>>
File: 01923r32q0g3.jpg (78 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
01923r32q0g3.jpg
78 KB, 534x401
>>340685470
>NOBODY KILLS THE FUCKING HEAL SLUT
>THEY KILL EVERYONE BUT HER AND THEN SHE REVIVES EVERYONE
>AND THEN THEY DO IT ALL AGAIN
>>
>>340683805
She's no more a support than torjborn or soldier 76.
>>
>Torb
>Plants sentries
>Gives armor
>DEFENSE

>Poo in Loo
>Plants sentries
>Gives armor
>HAS A TELEPORTER
>Support
>>
>>340685578

This is why I suggested possibly giving a bonus for people who have to join into shit matches that you left. That way you can be selfish and leave, and the person you screw over that has to join your crap game gets a reward for picking up your slack. It's a win-win.
>>
>>340686119
>teleporterer that can't be instantly used without building ult
>teleporter that has a set number of charges
>can't build ult with teleporter up

>meanwhile mercy can bypass the need for a teleporter entirely AND create unique ambush situations
>>
>start of the match
>Symmetra puts all her turrets right at the doors the opposing team spawns out of
Please stop doing this. Your turrets get destroyed instantly and accomplish nothing.
>>
>>340686119

I'm sure she was intended to be Defense from the start and then Blizzard realized they hadn't made enough Support characters when Support is damn near mandatory in every game, so they just reclassified her to try and fill the quota.
>>
>>340686382
>teleporterer that can't be instantly used without building ult

She can get ult really fast especially if her turrets zap things.
>>
>>340677580
Try holding down m1 snd see how slow your ammo depletes. No way you had full when fighting widow because full ammo kills anyone in this game
>>
>>340686665
Yes but

>round starts
>retards all trying to spawn camp and get killed off
>no teleporter to even hope to stance a chance

Also not being able to build entrances where you want is pretty shitty and I'm pretty certain if your spawn point changes while it's out the teleporter just gets instagibbed instead of moved. Meaning it's actually beneficial to just fucking let them take a point before building a teleporter.
>>
>Sentries now have 50HP instead of 1HP

Would this fix Symmetra?
>>
>>340677580
Tips with symmetra:

>spread your turrets out, try some esoteric locations, like on the back of signs and shit
>place turrets in new places after they're destroyed or else this will become a repeating factor
>use M2 down choke points, especially against reinhardt's shield
>get the drop on people with M1 and jump around while facing your target, usually while they're getting zapped by turrets and getting distracted by them
>>
>>340680721
You forgot burst is more important than dps in a game with healers anyway. Hence why junkrat is so deadly.
>>
>>340687115
25 tops. And only because mcree's flashbang killing them is absolutely buttfucking retarded.
>>
>>340687286
FB does 25 dmg tho
>>
>>340687182
Symmetra's ability to do consistent damage with its tracking beam is an asset to her though.

if she only had a hitscan laser akin to Zarya she'd have a much harder time killing anything because she can't jump around like a monkey and kill shit at the same time.
>>
>>340673921
Is your team needing a teleporter on the first point while defending?

if not play another character you worthless twat.
>>
>>340687182

Right, which makes Symmetra even more shitty when people like Tracer can burst harder. Symmetra's beam only really shines when the entire team is distracted and Symmetra comes from behind and gets her fancy POTG for jumping around while holding M1. But unless the enemy team has an attentive Reinhardt, you could achieve the same thing with pretty much any character, you just have to aim.
>>
>>340687286
It's fine. They should be fragile since you can have 6 of them.
>>
>>340686119
If they had called Symmetra a defense hero no one would have thought otherwise. I'm half convinced that the only reason she's classed as a support hero is because it would look bad if they only had 3 total.
>>
>>340688849

They should move her to defense and then move Soldier 76 to support.
>>
>>340674823
fucking this! I've seen Symmetras ignore me(healer) and the rest of my team and go on autopilot to build her dumb turrets. A shield helps you dumb sluts
>>
>>340674673
>didnt even mention that orbs go through reinhardt and winston shields
>>
>>340689045
This actually sounds reasonable.
>>
>>340673921
she is really functional in her abilities, but if your team is really bad, or the enemy team is much more coordinated then you won't make much of an impact and are probably better off with another support.
>>
I just jerked off to a SFM of Symmetra blowing two dogs.

Feels alright.
>>
>>340678123
Think there's any room for Symmetra on point/payload offense? I've played it a few times but people mostly shit on me for it. I've had some good moves through, usually with teleporters. Sneaking through the back of point 1 of Hanamura or Temple of Anubis and laying down a teleporter is a guarantee of winning that point but she loses momentum for taking the 2nd point or escorting the payload.
>>
>>340687808
>Man has a point.

This is really the thing here. Symmetra shines against inbred idiots. While I suppose you could argue that she shines against a special kind of inbred idiots, who have learned to play against most classes, but not symmetra.... the point remains that any player who knows what they're doing is going to go to town on her any time of the day.

All this talk about her amazing DPS or whatnot is just complete and utter BS. She does belong in support though.

Unlike the defense classes that are actually designed to take a hit, Symmetra does do support. She is consistently putting on the pressure, allowing her team to take more risks for more damage gains at the expense of their lives, because of her teleporter. Through her 6 sentries she has more visibility on flank points and choke points than any other toon in the frigging game, and can stack a little bit dmg too. Her shields add to the team power difference made by her turrets, by hardening her allies usually just enough to protect from that instagib headshot from a Widowhore or Noskillzo. And she is beyond a doubt the best anti-shield (Reinhardt / Winston) character in the game, entirely preventing the enemy team from just hiding behind their shields through spamming M2.

A really good Symmetra when put up against a really good team of enemy players will fucking never get a POTG, because that's just not what the character is designed to do (unless playing against those retards). She's invisible, not a onetime wonder with 5 seconds of fame like most other characters. She constantly influences the battle with control, awareness and minor "buffs & debuffs" basically just raising her team's total power just a little bit over the enemy team. But even as she is invisible and avoids the limelight of attention and success that other characters are so fond of, she's FAR from being useless.

Symmetra is amazingly good, she really is an asset to the team. Whether you can see it or not.
>>
>>340689453

I feel the same way about Symmetra as I feel about the Spy in TF2. When you do good with either of them, it's not because you yourself are a super good player, it's because the people you were playing against were bad enough to let you get away with it. Whenever I see someone get POTG with her it feels the same as watching a spy chainstab a payload of people not looking behind themselves.
>>
>>340689510
Got a link?
>>
>>340674823

with tornborn it's even better, it buffs bastions up to 400hp which is enough to survive 2 fully charged widowmaker hits plus change, as well as tanking at least 2 pharah rockets

makes d.va pilot a viable character also, which is massive lols
>>
>>340689651
Symmetra can be very good on payload maps with only one checkpoint since it's more likely her team will be running longer distances to get back into the fight.
>>
>>340685863
yeah but only noobs do that
>>
>>340689510
Source me Anon.
>>
>>340690467

Anon, Bastion can already survive 2 fully charged Widow shots, since he has armor HP by default. He'll be left with 5 HP after the second shot. Same with the Pharah rockets.

The shield/armor addons will just make him a little more capable of running away to heal after those than normal.
>>
>>340690467
It requires scrap from kills to use though. Symmetra can just spam E on everybody before a match.
>>
>>340689453
So she's one of those characters that only excel when the team is working together or you're playing with friends?

No wonder /v/ hates her then.
>>
Loo Witch is hard to use but if you can master her you'll shit on everyone. She can also hit multiple enemies with her charge attack that goes through fucking shields.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.