[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3-- has anyone constructed own sword?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
Probably a stupid question, just realized I have a bunch of chemicals with no use other than to construct /get a blacksmith and amorer to construct my own shit.

Hs anyone done this? While I'm hunting down the plans for the advanced witcher gear, wondering why exactly I have all these formulas laying around with no apparent use.

HAs anyone melted down shit to make their own sword, and how did it work?
>>
you save gold and don't have to wait on vendor restocking by dismantling shit into parts and crafting parts like enriched dimeritium plate

that's about it
>>
>>340671945
yes, well.
>>
>>340672172
to really get into the game and learn Gwent, etc.. I feel like you'd have to put in almost 1,000 hours and it makes me feel like a useless scumbag to spend that much time on a game.

I hope they make another one in this series-- first game I can recall in a while I could actually enjoy without having "muh diversity" shoved down my throat (other than the one queer guy and the dwarf whose wife is the real master amorer, but a lot better than 99.99% o fother shit out there).

Is it worth the time and geld to take shit apart and try putting back together? Any consensus?
>>
>>340673123
That wasn't his wife lol wtf
This is the last game in the Witcher series that we'll see for a very very long time.
The developer, CD Projekt Red, are well known for BTFOing retarded PC and SJW shit.
Their next game is going to be a future/science fiction setting
>>
>>340673123
It takes like 3 minutes, not 1000 hours.
>>
>>340673964
>That wasn't his wife lol wtf
yep, it is. The woman in the town with the Bloody Baron, she's the dwarf's wife. Go check. And it turns out the dwarf, her husband, is letting her make the armor and taking credit himself. How else would a female get an apprenticeship to an armorer? It's his wife.

I heard that they're killing off Geralt basically to make the "futuristic" game you're speaking of, but they might be rethinking after how well this one has sold.

Cannot imagine how many man hours went into that. Each time I think I've pretty much seen everything in the game (even without "Blood and Wine"), I find something new...
>>
>>340674057
>It takes like 3 minutes
If you can finish the entire game and explore and appreciate every aspect "in 3 minutes," you must be of a higher intelligence than any of us.
>>
>>340671945
Basically the second you get your hands on the recipe to craft enhanced armor sets, you'll realize Witcher gear (green) is the tightest shit and you'll want to get into the - all in all pretty simple - crafting system.
So yeah that doesn't happen until almost the middle of the story, until then you're fine just looting armor and swords.

Gwent is easy if you don't make the mistake of thinking you'll get into that once you've got more money.
You need to play every merchant and innkeeper in order, because that's the only reliable way to get cards and theirs are the only deck who won't destroy you.
Gwent is 75% cards. Skills and luck come after.
Don't expect to beat anyone in Novigrad with the starting deck.
>>
Why is Dandelion so unbearable this time around? Everything involving Dandelion just results in "Lol Dandelion you scoundrel" or "Lol Dandelion getting himself in trouble again".
>>
>>340675723
He doesn't have that big a role in this game.

Aside from pointing out that he's a skirt chaser, which has been done to death by all three games plus the books, they don't do much with his character.
>>
>>340674763
It took you 1000 hours to understand gwent? 100 hours? 10 hours even? Jesus. It's a fun game but have you never played a card game or any tactical game before?
>>
>>340674578
>The woman in the town with the Bloody Baron, she's the dwarf's wife.

Nah she's not, I remember clearly her saying that she came from skellige because nobody would let her work and the dwarf took her as apprentice or something like that.
>>
>>340676501
Glossary lists her as his apprentice and nothing more.
>>
>>340676675
He's just subconsciously projecting his cuck fantasies.
>>
>>340676784
The only way you can plough her is at Gwent though.
>>
>>340673123
>learn Gwent
If you haven't figured out how gwent works by the second game you may be retarded.
>>
>>340673123
>>340674578

>Chick is shit hot at making armour but no one gives her the time of day.

>Dorf is shit at blacksmithing but can keep up appearances.

They strike a deal that's mutually beneficial. That's literally it.
>>
>>340673123
>to really get into the game and learn Gwent, etc.. I feel like you'd have to put in almost 1,000 hours and it makes me feel like a useless scumbag to spend that much time on a game.

I'm sorry, but if it takes you anything less than 20 hours to fully adjust to the game you have problems. I don't play CCGs but even I could get into gwent easily.
>>
Where the fuck are my 12 barrels of sang real?
>>
>>340678045
If you kept the spoiled brat Duchess happy presumably they'll be in your cellar.

She wasn't happy with me so I only found a couple of cases of White Wolf.
>>
>>340678870
No that's form the two people that where fighting for a vineyard on auction.
>>
>>340679560
Exactly. I didn't Keep Anna-Henrietta happy so I didn't get any Sang-Real. I don't know if you can get any, but I imagine if you can then it's dependent on keeping her happy to the end.
>>
>do 1 side quest and 4 more side quests pop up
>>
>>340679869
Is this a problem?
>>
>>340679843
Yeah I got the good end and she told me she would send 12 barrels to my cellar.
>>
>>340680432
I can't remember when she says she'll do that exactly.

Out of curiosity, did you get the end where both Anna-Henrietta and Sayanna both live and make up?
>>
>>340680627
Yes that's the ending I got.
>>
>>340680207
yes
>>
File: 1382957020372.png (285 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1382957020372.png
285 KB, 500x375
>>340671945
>Hs anyone done this?

>HAs anyone melted down shit to make their own sword, and how did it work?
are you a child?
>>
>>340681054
Why?
>>
>>340680843
Then I guess it's an oversight on the devs' part.
>>
>>340681228
I read make out and now I'm excited.
>>
>>340681106
Because then I'm stuck in and endless sea of side quests and then it takes forever for me to finish the game
>>
>>340681350
I dunno, man. I don't see that as a problem. The sidequests in W3 are usually pretty well backed up by at least a bit of story and usually a pretty decent one.
>>
>>340671945
Has anyone taken the time to get all the smugglers caches in Skellige?
I completed all the undiscovered locations in Velen/Novigrad, and each one was enjoyable and varied enough to stave off monotony.
But Skellige just doesn't seem worth it. Is there more to it that I'm not seeing? It seems like such a lazy design
>>
>>340681741
I did on my first playthrough, they all have average level appropriate weapons and armor, and mostly useless crafting diagrams. You won't really see any benefit unless you want crafting materials.

If you want to cover yourself do the witcher gear scavenger hunts, the rest is entirely optional barring the crafting materials.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJZekaPAd_M

Cool video of an actual witcher sword being built IRL. Definitely worth it. I've never really considered how it might be done. But makes me really give credit to the people in the past who did this without the aid of CAD.
>>
>>340682143
>>340681741
Most of the questionmarks in the game are varied enough and are merely a small detour on the path to a quest unless you put them off until the end.
A lot of people end up skipping tons of shit in skellige cause there's litterally 300 smuggler caches and they are all boring as dicks and far out of the way.
>>
>>340681741
It's not lazy design until you actually go for them.
What's poor design is having them shown by default, just turn them off and ignore them unless you stumble upon one while exploring, it's the best way to play the game.
>>
>>340683161

That's a fair point, doing most of them as you come across them is the way I did them, and I found them interesting enough to base my path around hitting them on the way somewhere.

The Skellige ones in the water are more trouble than they're worth though.
>>
>>340683513
This, had all the non-essential points been unmarked until you found them it would have only added to the exploration.
>>
>>340681741
Smuggler's caches are virtually procedural content, but none of it is mandatory and placed in places only the most autistic or dedicated would bother to search to remove off the checklists. The best way to play TW3 and remove a lot of the open world boredom is turning off POIs and the minimap and exploring naturally and going off landmarks and your map.
>>
>>340671945
What is this? Is this what people call "summer"?
Don't we have moderation to deal with that problem?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.