[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logitech G500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 271x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 271x300
I recently bought this mouse at a garage sale for $2, and it has a strange issue of randomly cutting out, does /v/ have a solution to this, all I could find was a multi click problem when I looked online.
>>
One other thing I tried was disabling USB selective suspension in power settings, haven't gone long enough to see if that fixed it.
>>
Self bump cause I need help
>>
>>340663674
I have that same mouse, never had that issue or any with it.
>>
>>340663880
It seems it's random, no one has a definitive solution and while you're here, what did you set the third programmable thumb button to for use in game?
>>
Are the cord or the connectors damaged?
>>
>>340664543
I checked them, they look fine aside from some minor wear
>>
>>340663880
>Works on my machine :^)
>>
>>340663880

I also have it, but mine's starting to double click. Shame, I like it, but I guess its time for a new one.
>>
>>340663227
g500 cord should be cheap and easy to replace. Try that first.
>>
Maybe the reason they were selling it at the garage sale was because it was broken?
>>
Sounds like a damaged wire somewhere to me
>>
I've had this exact mouse for a few years now, and both mice before it were from the same series. It only just recently started having the same problem of the power cutting out from time to time. I checked the drivers, and they are all up to date. Been thinking about getting a new mouse for some time since before this was even an issue though, so that may just be my solution regardless.
>>
>$2
>For a $70 mouse
lmao looks like you were cucked famalam

just kys 2bh
>>
>>340663227
I had this mouse that had this problem. Check the cord for daamage. If you find none, open the mouse and resauter the cords back into place, even if theylook connected.
>>
>>340664851
They were selling it cause the gamer who used it was kicked out and they were selling his shit
>>
File: 1465395257768.png (131 KB, 353x334) Image search: [Google]
1465395257768.png
131 KB, 353x334
>>340663227
there's jizz in it, that's the problem
>>
>>340665054
Thanks I'll check it
>>
Did you try massaging the USB cable to break up any electron clumps? If it's been unplugged for a while the residual electricity could have gone stale and plugged the cable up
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (155 KB, 898x650) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
155 KB, 898x650
>>340663227
>>340663674
Open the mouse and pull the cord further into the casing. If that doesn't help, a lot of logitech cords from that time are interchangeable. Look on ebay for a "replacement g500 cord" with the same internal connector and just replace it. It's a great mouse, btw.
>>
Another issue I had after cleaning the random food shit off of the interior was a wobbly wheel, it's not impeding, just distracting
>>
>>340664736
Clean it. When my started to double click I just unscrewed it loose and completely cleaned it from inside, look up some videos on that. I had to take the little metal thingie it has in the inside and fuck around with it for a bit because it was sticking or something like that, I did that like a year ago and it's not given me any issues ever since.

>>340664384
I only use them while playing Dota and I set them to be keypad buttons and then set the keypad to be simple quick messages from dota's chatwheel, I didn't want to trust the mouse with complex keys that might fuck me up from time to time because these hotkeys only ever work if the software decides to work at that time or depending on whatever the software is recognizing as my "main screen program" or whatever, sometimes it doesn't recognize dota is on top so it tends to ignore the preferences I've set up for it.

>>340665427
Wew
>>
>>340667571
You mean keystroke?
>>
>>340668293
Yeah I set them as keystroke buttons for keypad keys, the only keys I knew I would never be using ingame.

When the software fucks up at recognizing the game is on main screen, I'm missing out on some quickchat wheel meme messages like >Well played! instead of missing out on inventory hotkeys that I might have enabled.
>>
I have this mouse and had the same issue. Open it and check the hammers, they're probably scratched because the plastic is shit. Fill the scratches with some solid glue, make sure it dries, then level it. That's how I fixed it.
>>
>>340665549
This seems to have worked
>>340665054
There isn't any solder joints for the cords connection that I could see, the cord plugs into a junction that directly feeds into the mouses board
>>
File: g400s-gaming-mouse-images.png (56 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
g400s-gaming-mouse-images.png
56 KB, 521x342
>>340671018
I knew it would. They didn't start putting strain reliefs on that line until the g400s. Keep in mind that that part of the cord will eventually wear away too, and you'll have to pull the cord further in, again.
>>
How do I stop my mouse from complaining about the 6 million every time I try to argue with it?
>>
>>340672429
Plug it into a HP computer, then it will be too tortured to talk
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1536
>>340671459
Thanks bro, how long did it last you till you had to pull it in again?
>>
File: 1433596187422.jpg (35 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1433596187422.jpg
35 KB, 442x341
the solution is to not buy $2 mice
>>
>>340674014
As long as it took for it for you to notice that it was messing up the first time, so a while yet. You can try making your own strain relief with a piece of semi-soft plastic, sugru, or even hot glue.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.