[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this game look like washed out piss? Who the fuck decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Why does this game look like washed out piss?

Who the fuck decided to ruin its art style and kill the fucking colour?
>>
>>340622221
You didn't play the game.
>>
>>340622221
You're alone in thinking that mate.
>>
>>340622221
You're a dumbass.
>>
The game itself doesn't look bad, they just put a grey filter over everything because idk, fire fading or something.

they fucking ruined the dark armor though. it just looks so goddamn ugly now
>>
Should you skip 2?
>>
DS1 looks like shit and aged like piss milk.
>>
>>340622221
DS3 is that area with thick fog from DS2: the game
>>
>>340622221
Its only the first area thats grey, after that its probably the most colourful Souls game. Dingus.
>>
File: shiiiiit.jpg (361 KB, 920x1403) Image search: [Google]
shiiiiit.jpg
361 KB, 920x1403
>>340622221
>What is Archdragon Peak
>What is Lothric's Castle
>What is Boreal Valley
>What is
>What

You haven't played the game.
>>
>inb4 bloodborne faggot comes in and ruins this thread with his faggotry again
nope buddy, bloodborne isn't the best game in the series, fuck you
>>
>>340624851
You can.

Or just go in with lowered expectations.
We now got a proper direct sequel to das1. Everything is alright.
>>
>>340622221
>>340624791
I think they did that so it doesn't look too much like Bloudbourne. I think DS3 is the better game here, but I was shocked at how many assets and enemy designs were straight from BB.
>>
>>340624851
Fuck no, why would you?

Don't listen to this>>340625021 kid

DS2 is great
>>
>>340624962
>bloodborne isn't the best game in the series
I mean nobody was talking about BB but it is the best.
If you want to ignore it for some threads fair enough. But don't bring it up and claim it is anything but the best when it clearly is.
>>
>>340624851
Yes
Don't listen to this >>340625080 faggot.
>>
>>340624962
Nice try OP. No-one will talk about Bloodborne. Now sit and let us ridicule you for being stupid.
>>
>>340625093
Not even that guy but Bloodborne has some of the shittiest areas and mobs in the series.

Can't even tell where your going half the time
>>
>>340625093
DeS is better than that Sickdark snoozefest
>>
>>340625080
Ignore him, DS2 is a low-quality Souls game
>>
>>340625229
B8, fuck off kid.
>>
>>340625181
Best bosses and overall core gameplay.

The setting is a lot more focused which is neither better or worse just different.

But the most important parts are best.
>>
>>340624869

you're entitled to your opinion. It just happens to be wrong, ya fuck
>>
>>340625316

BB is fun but it's lacking in any serious build variety because frenzy is eh and the equivalent of magic isn't worth shit.

though breaking everything with a fully upgraded cheese wheel from the dlc is fucking hilarious.

honestly das1 will be my favorite probably always so take my opinion with a grain of salt
>>
>>340625523
I take less build variety if all the builds play better.
Which they do.
You can't combo for shit in other souls games. Its the only one were you can't really tune out and maybe plan for more than one quick attack spam.

I hate poise as a concept. It is just less interactivity and just lets you do more mistakes and essentially ignore the enemies. And it was just stupid OP in das1.
>>
>>340622221
In terms of art style/aesthetic/atmosphere...

BB = DaS1 >(Power Gap)> DeS = DaS3 > DaS2
>>
>>340625752
>more bb niggers
>le 2 is so bad XD
>>
>>340625752
>art style/aesthetic/atmosphere
>demon's not first
>DaS1 over anything
>>
>>340625782
DaS2 is bad.
>>
>>340625858
no
>>
>>340625894
It is.
>>
>>340625919
no, DaS3 is bad and BB is mediocre

DeS > DaS2 > DaS
>>
>>340625072

I only noticed the death gargle from one of the Yharnam citizens. What else is reused?
>>
>>340625954
BB > DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS >>> DaS2
Is the objectively correct order.
>>
>>340625782
spotted the pc only cuck

>>340625796
lol
>>
Because it's not a Nintendo game, you toddler
>>
>>340625858
but it's better than 1 in almost every aspect and the DLC are old hunters tier. If 2 is bad then 1 is garbage.
>>
>>340626035
>BB is bad
>lolno nananananaha XD you're le pc cuck haha XDDD
fucking child
>>
>>340626082
Except gameplay animations and bosses.
You know everything that fucking matters.

Bosses were dogshit in das2. Animations and weight and controls were completely ruined.

DaS1 is great. DaS2 is bad.
>>
Should I get Sotfs(ps4) if I own the base version (ps3). I'm new to the series and I kinda went out and brought it without thinking awhile back.
>>
>>340626098
lmao you need to get laid loser. have fun arguing on /v/ I guess.
>>
>>340626151
>animations
What? If you mean shockwaves then you just mad it's harder in this regard than DS1 and can't adapt to new mechanics.
>>340626192
Sotfs is better graphics and more enemies in some locations.
>>
>>340625660

hold up there m8. the builds are alright but it feels real fucking samey after 3 playthroughs, and for comboing bb is one of the more forgiving games, as not having any way to block strips blocking as a mechanic from the game entirely, unless you're plank shielding.

The cost here is complexity, and you have a much more forgiving game because rally is bundled into your mechanics as well.

BB is beginner friendly, as it encourages you to play offensively and to get messy with little to no consequence. If you get hit and it's one on one, just roll to their right and keep swinging.

das2 alternatively punishes offensive play severely, and forces you to play defensively while looking for weakspots in the attack patterns of multiple enemies at once, and making your strike where appropriate.

Neither system is worse, but by preference I prefer the latter overall. I'm on my 5th playthrough of das2 and I'm still having a good time of it.

I've played nearly 600 hours of das1, beaten 3 multiple times, and even logged about 280 hours in des. BB is the only one I don't go back to very often.

again, this is mostly by subjective preference. I also honestly feel like das3 is incredibly lacking right now in balance. miracles and spells suck, and there's no point in running anything but a quality build with a bow, as that is where you'll get the best returns on damage for investment as of now. It makes me quite sad because the game is very fun otherwise.

also, I don't quite get what you mean combo wise, would you mind explaining?
>>
>>340625523

>magic isn't worth shit

Certainly worthes more than magic in DS3

Arcane is the most fun I've had in any souls game
>>
>>340625990
A bunch of textures.
The one that was most prominent to me was the reuse of the rock texture from the DS2 Brume Tower optional area, which in DS3 was used in Irithyll Dungeon in the wide open areas.
>>
>>340626192

sotfs fixed a lot of glaring issues that the base game had including some fucking dumb enemy placement. Like the walk to velstadt. Seriously, fuck the vanilla undead crypt.

I'd go with sotfs any day
>>
>>340626313
>hear on /v/ your character in 3 is called "ashen one"
>get to Brume Tower
>chanting red cucks appear
>kill them
>later read the weapon and their soul descriptions, they're "ashen ones"
DEEP LORE
>>
>>340626242
>1000 hours of das1
>400 hours of demon's and BB
Barely scratched 200 of DaS2.

Skyrim also has a lot of variety.
You are making the quantity > quality argument which makes sense considering you like das2 more.
I couldn't fucking stand das2.
I tried really hard to like it but it isn't fun.

If you are saying you can have more playthroughs of it then fair enough. I am saying the very first playthrough already wasn't fun with das2.
>>
>>340625080
i dont get the hate for 2. i enjoyed all three soul games immensely. except the black gulch. fuck blackgulch
>>
>>340626245

yeah, magic in das3 sucks a fucking lot right now. I won't even begin to try and argue that with you
>>
>>340626242
>Neither system is worse
DaS2 is definitely fucking worse.

BB has the strongest and fastest character. It definitely does not punish a defensive playstyle. It rewards are more strategical offensive one I guess but that is not the same as making das2 absolutely tedious.

The slower you are the less fun it is to fight multiple enemies. DaS1 also was slow but usually gave a twist to multiple enemy encounters. Like a bunch of hollows with no poise and a channeler buffing them.

DaS2 is the slowest which I actually would like if the enemy placement wasn't SO FUCKING BAD. It ruins what potential the game had.
>>
>>340626486

honestly I fucking hated das2 initially. I played on ps3 release and it didn't live up to my hype dreams from 1. took playing through it on ps3, the pc, then getting sotfs on pc and playing through that a bunch to even start liking it.

Now, knowing that you can't go home to lordran in any game aside from 1 and that each game should be judged on it's own I actually like 2 a lot more than I used to. 1 is still my favorite, and I do like bb, it just feels short and samey after a while. plus I'm not a huge fan of victorian grimdark.

it's just not really my thing, too each their own though
>>
>>340626856
>plus I'm not a huge fan of victorian grimdark.
Okay that is a personal preference which is fair enough but it is objectively rarer than fucking medieval fucking fantasy.
I am so sick of knights and dragons and other generic shit.

It triggers me so much that people are annoyed by the setting of BB. How many fucking Medieval fantasy games do you need? Its probably the most common setting right up there with modern brown shooters.
Even souls has FOUR other medieval fantasy games now.

Also I am not going to buy SotFS. I already gave them my money for das2. I refuse to pay money a second time for the proper version (if it really fixes so much). That is insulting and nobody with any self respect should support something that fucking greedy.
>>
>>340626759

vanilla 2, which I suspect is what everyone bases their judgements of the game on, was pants on head retarded. I make no excuses for that.

Sotfs fixes a lot of that though. Compared to the initial release you only ever have to deal with two strong enemies at once. If there's more than two there's a souls catch like no shields, special placement, etc.

2 was just built by a totally different designer, and is viewed better with that in account.

It would have been better as a souls like, and suffers emensely for sharing a name with the official franchise
>>
>>340627204
>It would have been better as a souls like, and suffers emensely for sharing a name with the official franchise
You can't have your cake and eat it too.
The game was sold on the name and now it is being judged on it.
>>
>muh softs
vanilla 2 is alright, git gud
>>
>still trying to finish ds2
>>
>>340627389
Git gud
>>
>>340627151

that's fair. I gave them 60 for the ps3 version, 70 for the pc version including the dlc, and then 20 for sotfs.

What can I say, I had a lot of disposable income and I'm addicted to these games.

On the note of medieval fantasy, the souls games are kind of my exception to the rule. I could give a shit about elves and dwarves and the like, and normally fantasy does nothing for me.

If I could sum up sotfs succinctly for you I'd say it's like a diehard fan modded the game essentially. they took some good, and some flawed assets, and with their knowledge and admiration of the series as a whole tried to put all of the same assets together in a way that made more sense. It fixes a lot of issues, but not everything.

I don't blame you for feeling too spurned by them to give them more money, and the game still has 2 as a base so if you really didn't like it then the special edition is not likely to change your mind.
>>
>>340627292

I'm not making excuses honestly. It raked in sales with the brand power and deserves full criticism on the same merit. It just is different from the games miyazaki is involved in on a core level and you can tell
>>
File: DARK SOULS™ III_20160419222837.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS™ III_20160419222837.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
???
>>
>>340627743
3 had Miyazaki and is bad, he's not a good of ARPG
>>
>>340627616
>the souls games are kind of my exception to the rule
But even there you have four other medieval fantasy games with knights and dragons and only one that tried something different.

I feel like fromsoft deserves the most props for BB. They tried something new.
DaS1 was essentially a multiplatform semi-remake of Demon's. And das2 and das3 were just treading water. I think das3 is better executed but I wouldn't like it if they didn't also assured us that was going to be the end of the dark souls universe.

With BB they changed the focus. Which seems crazy on paper. If you have something that works make more of that. Don't make it more action. Don't change the setting. Maybe sony gets some props too for publishing it and giving them so much freedom.
They also weren't afraid to add a rally system and change the estus mechanic as a result of that.
I want all devs to make sequels like bb.

The das2 development was just so obviously fucked. Too many directors attached to it and switching one halfway through would fuck up every project. The guy who came in and did the fixing is probably a good director.
I have huge respect for what he could salvage from das2.
Its just that the end result still isn't good.
>>
>>340628148
3 is great. Best bosses after BB which was the weakest area of das2. Good controls and plays so much better.
>>
>>340628148

and I like 2. I'm just saying he has a very consistent pacing and you can tell when his influence is in a game.
>>
>>340626151
DSII has by far the best gameplay in the Souls series
Because the developers actually put an effort into making literally everything viable as opposed to the shitstain that is R1 Souls 3
>>
>>340628765
>DSII has by far the best gameplay in the Souls series
2 was fucking garbage.
Floaty shit and shit enemies and shit placement.

Fuck that game so much. The gameplay was the worst.
>>
>>340628831
Yes anon, meawhile literally mashing R1 against enemies that get stunlocked in 1 hit with a fast weapon is just so much better while spells are garbage and heavy weapons cost retarded amounts of stamina with even more retarded speed for barely any damage upgrade over fast ones
>>
>>340628765
Just because things might've been balanced better doesn't mean that gameplay was the best, when everything outside of balance felt like shit.
>>
>>340628937
You couldn't even combo between r1 and r2 in das2 properly.

If r1 spam is so offensive then das2 is also the worst.
You have the worst taste and I am just so happy you are never going to make a real game and you have no influence on real games
>>
>>340628765
>everything isn't fun and feels like shit
>but it is equally shit
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.