[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been using a controller all my life and now I am upgrading to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 095489.jpg (91 KB, 625x460) Image search: [Google]
095489.jpg
91 KB, 625x460
Been using a controller all my life and now I am upgrading to pc but I play significantly worse with keyboard and mouse what do I do.
>>
get a controller
>>
practice
>>
>>340621356
git gud
>>
after a week or so it will be like second nature.
>>
>>340621409
this, I mean there's no other way you can excell with a particular control scheme or system without practicing and building up the muscle memory for it first
>>
>>340621356
KB/Mouse is better, not even an opinion. They could never make cross platform PC-XBox 360 multiplayer FPSes work because even unskilled PC players mopped the floor with the console players. It's just that much quicker and more precise.
>>
>>340621356
practice.

I remember when I became enlightened and ascended from a disgusting, filthy peasant into a superior being and member of the master race

At first I resisted using the almost unrecognizable keyboard/mouse, and for awhile I did ok using a controller, while reaping the benefits of Pc gaming. Then I starter playing games where a controller wasn't even an option, such as CS and Qauke, and little by little, I became accustomed to KB/mouse.

Now, after years of practice, I cant even use a controller for any game that requires precision. Its very clunky and outdated
>>
>>340621356
What games you play on your pc
>>
>>340621409
>>340621637
>>340622065
any particular game you would recommend for practicing?
>>
>>340622065
>outdated
KB/Mouse for FPSes predates controllers by several years, and in terms of popularity we didn't see people seriously trying to play FPSes with controllers until the fucking Xbox. Thanks Microsoft.
>>
>>340621356
Adjust sensitivity and get used to it and adjust a little again, give yourself more sensitivity, and repeat as needed

I still use a controller though because I sit in a desk all day at work so fuck doing that at home
>>
>>340621356
Depends what you're playing dude. Otherwise you'll pick it up eventually.
>>
>>340622205
Don't know, but one thing I'd recommend is turning off mouse acceleration in your windows prefs. Seriously fuck acceleration, it sucks even for just mousing around, pointing and clicking.
>>
>>340622205
Something that is hard to control so either a shooter or a RTS.
>>
>>340622329
even a half decent fps will take raw input, not that shit.
>>
>>340621356
99% of pc players must have parkinsons based on how bad they play. Maybe combined with underpowered pc that cant run the game correctly. Only way to justify how fucking bad the userbase for every game is.
>>
>>340621826
Depend on genre. You're wrong if you say otherwise
>>
>>340622205
just play games you enjoy. CSGo, UT, quake are pretty good games that require decent aiming

also mouse sensitivity /accel / settings can make a huge difference. I play with high sensitivity and no acceleration. and if you played inverted with a controller, its probably not going to translate to mouse
>>
>>340622401
I bet you play mobas, shitter.
>>
>>340622414
OK fine, I'm talking FPSes. That's pretty much the premiere PC game genre anyway.
>>
>>340622205
Nothing in particular, but I'd avoid bad console ports with mandatory mouse acceleration.
Half-Life 2 would be good, enemies are easy to get headshots on and you can switch difficulties if you have a hard time.
>>
>>340622489
>No argument
Thank you for your reply
>>
I have a friend who built a PC, hooked it to his TV, and just plays everything with a controller. I suggest getting a mouse and keyboard anyway though. Some older games have controller support but still need you to click a launcher or something stupid.
>>
>>340621391
/thread
>>
>>340622568
What argument do you expect to a baseless insult without any actual content in it, mobashitter?
>>
>>340622598
>/threading with the most retarded post in the whole discussion
>>
>>340622401
>only way to justify how fucking bad the userbase for every game is.
do you like play exclusively CSGO, league of legends, minecraft and call of duty?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.