[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you outgrow the "muh graphics" meme!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 266x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 266x374
At what age did you outgrow the "muh graphics" meme!
>>
When I realised consoles were better than PCs
>>
>>340618490
I never cared about that stuff.

I don't think anyone who grew up playing games on the black and white gameboy could care about graphics. Caring about that is solely a product of kids whose first console was the PS2 or later.
>>
>>340618730
this t b h

gameplay=atmosphere>music>story>>graphix
>>
>>340618792
Nah, if graphix sucks absolute cock then it's just bad.
>>
>>340618836
name one game that has good gameplay and is bad because the graphix suck
>>
I was never a graphics whore
Artstyle and atmosphere are infinitely more important anyway.
>>
>>340618490
when I left the world of first person shooters oh so far behind
>>
>>340618836
Then why is Final Fantasy VII considered one of the greatest games of all time despite having hideous monster graphics?
>>
>>340618490
Just as well Crysis had good gameplay
>>
>>340619049
It's a shame everytime Crysis is mentioned only its graphics are praised, even though it's a fun as fuck game. Would love a sequel with level design inspired from Crysis 1, rather than having really linear maps like 2 & 3.
>>
I never cared about graphics until recently when games started looking good enough to be worth caring about.
>>
>>340619358
yeah, Crysis will forever be known as 'that game that your friend constantly boasted about being able to run after he spent 5000 dollars on his computer'
>>
>>340618996
Nostalgia
>>
I never did. Fight me faggots.
>>
>>340619802
>able to run

I was playing Crysys on a toaster with lowest setting. Not even dual core and just 1 gb ram.
>>
>>340618910
There isn't any because shitty graphics makes the gameplay bad.
>>
I never did.
As a software developer and someone that practiced 3D modeling and CAD as a hobby, I found an appreciation for the work that goes into 3D games.

So I often buy games expressly because I know that they're tech demos, and that I would see some innovative or otherwise interesting tech that I haven't seen in other games.

Bought Ryse for extensive cloth simulations.
>>
>>340618910
witcher 3
>>
>>340620115
nah man, You can call it grindy if you want to beat the all the bosses but overall a very well made game.
>>
>>340618539
SHOTS FIRED!
>>
>>340618490
19, when I moved out and started paying bills. I only play on toasters and buy games on sale below used price.
>>
>>340621732
wrong.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.