[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best RPG games on the DS? I'm looking for good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Right there.jpg (22 KB, 403x402) Image search: [Google]
Right there.jpg
22 KB, 403x402
What are the best RPG games on the DS? I'm looking for good battle mechanics over story. something with turn based combat and a fair amount of options for your party.

Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy need not apply.

Also general DS games thread.
Picture unrelated.
>>
Chrono Trigger
>>
>>340612224
Already played Chrono Trigger unfortunately, but I get why you posted it.
>>
don't play radiant historia or smt devil survivor
>>
>>340613009
>don't play radiant historia
Why not?
Devil Survivor 1 is good.
>>
>>340612049
Suikoden tierkreis was pretty gud
>>
>>340612049
SRT OG Saga: Endless Frontier.

>>340613231
Devil Survivor is a good game, but not due to the gameplay. It's pretty lackluster if you judge it purely as a tactical RPG.
>>
>>340612049
I liked Endless Frontier. The sequel wasn't localized, though.
>>
>>340613009
dont listen to this guy, Radiant Historia is GOAT
>>
I know you said not final fantasy.

But the tactics games are always fun.
>>
the world ends with you

/thread
>>
>>340615738
also forgot to mention maybe try out 7th Dragon, theres a fan translation out for it
>>
>>340615861
Not OP. My favourite game, but you can't praise it for its battle system.
>>
>>340616019
the battle system is unique and awesome once you get used to it

though people watched me as if I was crazy when I played it at college, since I had the pin where you blow into the mic to do the spin attack
>>
OP here, sorry I got distracted by my spider documentary.

All good suggestions so far, thank you. I was kind of hoping for turn based games like Dragon quest and Strange Journey battlewise, but not those game series I mentioned. Given that I've played all of them, or at least the ones I'm interested in.
>>
>>340616181
some anon mentioned 7th Dragon aboce, its battle systems closest to Etrian with different classes and skill trees
>>
Devil survivor
both
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.