[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does rainbow six siege have staying power?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
what does /v/ think about rainbow six? Do you think it is good enough to have the staying power of tf2 or cs:go or will go the way of MAG?
>>
i like it
>>
>>340613012
i like it too
I think there will be some people that will keep playing but Im not one of them
;__;
>>
>>340611649
Its a good FPS team based game with some unique mechanics. Right now it has a pretty decent size community. So maybe it will stay alive for 2-3 years.
>>
>>340611649
I hear it's riddled with cheaters
>>
>>340613109
why would you stop
I'll probably stop after I unlock all those newer operators
>>
>>340613579
It is, sadly
>>
>>340611649
>does rainbow six siege have staying power?
I don't know anon, you tell me.

If you don't know the answer you're a special kid.
>>
Have more people started playing it with the patches and new content and the $15 starter version? ranked on PC was a ghost town a month ago
>>
>>340613942
>ranked
I'm not touching that shit. I don't have any friends to coordinate with, and I'm in eas data center which is NOT anywhere near where the /vg/ general usually plays, so we will never really play together
>>
>>340613875
kek You just called yourself dumb.
>>
>>340613579

I dont see many but almost every single map someone will accuse someone of cheating
>>
>>340614441
Shame
>>
I stopped playing because i was always the last one to load in my team, and since they had the bright idea to anounce who has loaded and who hasnt to everyone, kinda felt guilty every game.

Whats very strange is that its the only game on pc that takes me so long to load for some reason.
>>
Steam: 404,291 (source: http://steamspy.com/app/359550)
PS4 retail: 1,390,000 (source: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82933/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege)
XB1 retail: 820,000 (source: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82932/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege/)
maybe not on steam but console looks like it will do well.>>340611649
>>
Is rainbow 6 siege worth playing?

>Cheater run wild
>Fairfight anti cheat never worked for BF4
>No client side anti cheat
>Client side hit detection allows 3rd world shitters to update around coners
>Character animations are out of sync with actual orientation
>Laser accurate SMGs are better Tha ARs
>Shotguns are RNG cannons at a set range
>Flashbangs are buggy
>Traps can disappear such as welcome mat
>Walls that can be shot out but not into
>Sounds can be incorrect if someone runs near a staircase (7.1 Audio doesn't help)
>High ping advantage

No the game is total fucking aids

Gold 4
>>
>>340611649

Its a really good FPS game but it lacks staying power due to lack of private dedicated servers.
>>
>>340614785
uhh what about uplay
>>
>>340614930
You forgot the clipping. I think they're adding a client side anti cheat in the next update.
>>
>7 months since release
>still not bored of any of the maps

Map designs and destruction done very right.
>>
It's already pretty much dead on PC
>>
Is the first Rainbow Six playable? I want to get into the series.
>>
>>340616226
I played rogue spear not long ago
Ran without problems on w10
>>
>>340616226
yes you'll love it
and then you'll hate everything else
>>
>>340616295
>>340616329
How does it play compared to SWAT?
>>
>>340616450
the first one? it's very unforgiving, the operator AI can be pretty dumb.

you tell them to breach bang and clear a room and they will do all that very slowly and blind themselves with the flashbang when it bounces off something

and your operators have tunnel vision and will get shot by someone slightly off screen
>>
>>340616450
Less on the spot decision making, more pre-mission planning. Barely any arresting, just slot the floppies on the spot.
>>
>>340616450

I never played swat online
But a lot less clunky

Anyone who shits on the game are the ones who dont like that they have to play against actual people that may even rape their asses i stead of dumbass AI
>>
>>340616295
where do you get rogue spear these days? amazon?
>>
>>340616806
I just realized that I threw away my old CDs and DVDs from videogame magazines some time ago and Rogue Spear was among them.
Oh God what have I done?
>>
>>340616806

I have it ona very old disc but i torrented i actually
I think there may be a gog version too
>>
Great game, fun mechanics, seriously one of the best FPS games I've played this year. That said community is a mixed bag, buggy at times, and cheating is definitely rampant. The cheating also creates this air of paranoia so everyone calls everyone cheaters. Honestly this game won't last long without proper patches and anti-cheat
>>
>>340617580
nah, GOG only has original campaign. they're also missing the DLC for ghost recon

kind of a downer
>>
File: 1401880947800.jpg (8 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
1401880947800.jpg
8 KB, 300x227
Bought pulse the other day.
The fuck have I done
>>
>>340614709
Same but I am not retarded and there is nothing to feel bad about, so yeah, I still play the game
>>
>>340617812
it's ok I bought IQ and Twitch
>>
>>340617812
Play him on small maps, use the fuck out of the scanner, get kills. Tip: While holding your scanner out, pressing your primary weapon or secondary button is faster than just letting go of your gadget button.
>>
>play with online bro
>we're on attack
>he goes sniper, i the grenade launcher lady
>spot hostage with drone
>we crawl on top of a shack outside
>he pings a window
>i blow it open with the pro pipe
>he picks a couple
>other teammates distract enemies
>i jump in a picks up the hostage
Then I got shot on the way out but the teamwork is fun.
>>
>>340617997
Aight, I'll try that. Isn't there a toggle option for gadgets? I chose it in the options menu but maybe it's only for things like grenades and barbwire.
>>
>>340618110
Yeah the toggle doesn't work for Pulse or Montagne. Also Pulse is best as a roaming op, so you gotta learn those maps.
>>
>>340616806
Google Rainbow Six Black Ops.
>>
what's your opinion on roaming Kapkan
>>
>>340618018
>tfw you and your bro 2v5
>Breach into objective room at opposite ends
>Clear room picking off each enemy systematically
>Secured Area or grabbed hostage and win
Duo queue ain't 5 man premade but it's way better than soloqueue
>>
>>340618723
I have no one to play with here in Southeast Asia, it's painful
>>
>>340618816
Sorry to hear that. Maybe check the general and ask if anyone is willing to team up with you.
>>
>>340615946
To little, to late, the fact ubisoft said they wouldn't outright ban cheaters was a deterrent. Then you hear rumours through the Leddit page of players being fairfight banned for using pulse in the early days, not sure how true this is, but fairfight is a notorious shit show
>>
>>340611649
It will go free to play in november/december, screencap this
>>
when is the next patch release date?
>>
>>340611649
It didn't have any power. Most people I knew, even fans of Rainbow Six: Vegas didn't care about it.
>>
>>340620290
On PC only, Screen cap this and that.
>>
>>340611649
It could have if Ubisoft handled it right, but they fucked up as usual. Sad because this is one of their best games in years. It could have been way more popular
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.