[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk Warcraft Pros >Respected the source material
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
Let's talk Warcraft

Pros
>Respected the source material for the most part
>Action sequences were done very well
>Music was top tier
>Visuals were great
>Cinematography was above average

Cons
>Metzen influenced writing
>Weird pacing
>Plot relies heavily on Warcraft knowledge to be enjoyable,the average movie-goer will have to look a lot of shit up to fully comprehend the story

+/-
>Fan service done tastefully
>Film ends in a period of warcraft history that can bypass certain stories if need be
>Dalaran is already floating in the sky instead of Alterac Mountains
FOR THE ALLIANCE! ending
>>
File: 7544.png (72 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
7544.png
72 KB, 594x595
>>340605134
>Music was top tier
>Film ends in a period of warcraft history that can bypass certain stories if need be
>>
>>340605134
I DEMAND screen caps and webms of Draka's Pregnant belly.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>340605134
it wasn't. so many wrong or missing parts of the lore. They fucking ruined Orgrim which is what pissed me off the most.
they were above average. not the worst I've seen but nothing special
>Music was top tier
meh
>Visuals were great
when it was all CG it was. when it was mixed it looked terrible.
it was ok.
>>
>>340606017
Would you really like a future movie to focus solely on the Draenei going to Azeroth or the gnomes joining the Alliance?

The film does establish the war between the orcs and the humans,and it establishes the kind of fuckery that Fel magic can do

The movie suffered because it tried to do a lot,but it wasn't just for shits and giggles.If a sequel or Netflix series were to be made,they could focus more on the characters and conflict,rather than establishing the world and all of the shit in it
>>
>>340606384

Orgrim was the same as in book except less angry
>>
File: 1458174654316.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1458174654316.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>340606436
>Netflix series
>>
>>340606384
You know this takes place in an Alternate-Alternate Azeroth right?
Like an Azeroth Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>340605134

Honestly I thought the movie was really good.

That being said it needs an extended edition for the pacing.

It was the only thing holding "really good" back from being "excellent".

You can also kinda' smell the Metzen every time an orc wants to develop personality.
>>
>>340605134
>Warcraft movie
>The god-awful brown orcs

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1418050000796.gif (2 MB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1418050000796.gif
2 MB, 350x350
I'm just hoping there's enough interest to get a movie about Arthas made
>>
>>340606474
He didn't have his Black Plate Mail.
He didn't kill Blackhand and take control of the Horde.
He betrayed Durotan, something he would never do.
He was part of the Frostwolf clan and not the Blackrock clan.

They fucked his entire character and took everything important that he did and gave it to Lothar and Garona.
>>
Was I the only one who thought the high elves in the movie looked really fucking weird?

Like, are the high elves suppose to be the Asians of the Alliance or something?
>>
>>340605134
Not at all
You can't tell whats going on, and background characters sometimes look like they're legit concerned they fake punched another actor
>Music was top tier
It was alright
>Visuals were great
Dear god no, that's some of the worst cgi I've ever seen
Hardly at all

I love Warcraft, hell I played WoW straight up and into several months of WoD. That movie is fucking garbage though. I'm honestly not sure what was a bigger waste of my time Batman vs. Superman or the Warcraft movie, I'd probably have to edge it to BvS being worse, but not by much.
>>
File: 128413726912[1].gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
128413726912[1].gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>340605134
>>Respected the source material for the most part
>>
>>340606732

He took Durotans fang it means he AT LEAST will be chieftan and show Thrall the ways and give his hammer
>>
>>340606746

One of them did look Japanese as fucking shit
>>
>>340606690
it did really well in China,they fucking love Warcraft over there. and my theater was packed,so I'm hoping that despite poor reviews,it does well enough

>>340606746
The glowing eyes on the high elves were what threw me off for a second,they were way too bright
>>
>>340606535
it mite b cool if it were an animated series though
>>
>>340606746
According to Duncan, Elves also have races like Humans, like they can be asian and mexican and black and shit. Even though their races are "Night, High, and Blood." which are all basically Norwegians with white skin or purple/blue skin.
>>
>>340606943

You CIS Elf scum should die
>>
Why didn't the dwarf sound all Scottish and shit
>>
>>340606865
Orgrim wasn't a Frostwolf, not to mention all the Frostwolves are dead so what the fuck is he going to be the chieftain of? You are also assuming they jump to Thrall for the next movie and skip over the second games story.
>>
>>340606384
go back to english class
>>
>Respected the source material
>dindu nuffin orcs
>>
>>340605134
>no warcraft animated series

PLZ IT WOULD BE SO GREAT
FUCK THE LIVE ACTION SHIT
>>
>>340607087

No I think Orgrim will become chieftan of the Horde at the end of the second movie when Guldan dies
He will see Thrall at the end of the 3rd that would be mostly about Thrall

Or so I think
>>
File: 13468454569234.jpg (78 KB, 499x460) Image search: [Google]
13468454569234.jpg
78 KB, 499x460
So you fags gonna stream the movie or what?
>>
>>340607325

I'll wait for the Blueray
>>
File: 1464506043159.jpg (41 KB, 640x473) Image search: [Google]
1464506043159.jpg
41 KB, 640x473
>>340607325

the cam rip is dog shit. Audio skips, people's cell phone going off, clips of movie cut out, ending cut off
>>
File: 1438493539895.png (306 KB, 473x523) Image search: [Google]
1438493539895.png
306 KB, 473x523
>>340605134
hahahahahahahaaaa
fuck you
i just watched that pile of fucking shit

i'm not even going to read the rest because after that laugh i am sure you are fucking wrong about everything
>>
>>340607227
so he becomes the Warchief of the Horde at its downfall? because the Orcs lose the Second War.

Orgrim originally kills Blackhand, takes control of the Horde and beats the Humans and sacks Stormwind.
>>
>>340607516
i watched the cam rip.
it was actually pretty nice considering.
the blur actually made the movie looked better because it hid all the terrible CGI

audio cut out like once on a stupid scene
>>
>>340606535
>Not wanting an animated CGI show, Clone Wars/Rebels style, which would let them tell multiple different stories within the Warcraft lore.
>>
Everything orc 8/10
8/10, looks like eye-candy, great characters, great story

rest of the movie 3/10
>horrible writing
From darkness comes light and from light darkness, are you fucking kidding me metzen? What were u fucking thinking?!
>looks absolutely horrible
That ridiculous king armor and just about any human armor other than Anduin
>shitty characters
kings is pointless, queen is pointless
>lothar's son
Where do I even begin with this one? 30s of screen time just to be killed off for that there "tragic death" Meanwhile Lothar: Oh shit this is the worse I've ever felt in my life...5 min later...ok I'm all better now
>alodi
FUCK OFF, what the absolute fucking shit was this crap? I don't even know what the fuck that crap was. Let me go back to "from darkness LIGHT!!!" WOOOOOOW BRAVO METZEN

In conclusion I moderately enjoy this movie but it would have been a lot better if Metzen had absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
>>340607664
garona half orc mongrel also is a slave bitch to gul'dan and assassinated the king because she was ordered to

not some puppy bitch like in the movie
>>
>>340605134
>Making a movie for the fans was wrong

What could have been fixed? Theres too much to establish in order to make a movie for the mainstream audience.
>>
>>340606943
Blood elves and high elves are technically the same thing. Blood elves are red because they sucked the mana out of demonic artifacts after the sunwell was rekt by Arthas. It's like green orcs and brown orcs.
>>
>>340607982
i'm also completely confused by that fucking alodi shit
oh shit, we need someone to confirm that mehdive is ebil progress the plot please
should i step in? *shrug*
that was some brilliant plot advancement there
>>
>>340607982
Oh and btw this is coming from someone who's never played horde in his life.
>>
>>340607983
yeah and she was fucking Medivh, who was not her father.
>>
>>340605134
>made a movie about the fucking orcs coming out of the gate
>not about warcraft 3's god tier storyline
>that game was literally the height of warcraft lore
>we got this boring ass shit
>the pacing was awful
>no reference information for people who don't know the lore

eh
>>
>>340608369
who wasn't she fucking in the movie.
she was pretty much inviting all the men between her legs
>>
File: 1465514149.webm (1 MB, 1052x444) Image search: [Google]
1465514149.webm
1 MB, 1052x444
REKT
>>
>>340608378
gotta establish the world first

how in the fuck are you just going to give everyone WC3 in a neat little 2,MAYBE 2 and a half hour package?
>>
>>340605134
>>Respected the source material for the most part

I guess that's not untrue, but with special emphasis on the "for the most part" part

>>Action sequences were done very well

If it wasn't for point 4, this would've been true.

>>Music was top tier

No strong opinions

>>Visuals were great

This is the biggest flaw. Mixing CG with real people was the worst idea anybody could've had. It would be best to make it all CG or even making them all actors (the orcs at least) would've been less terrible.
As it stands it's so inconsistent it ruins the entire thing.

>>Cinematography was above average

Again, not untrue depending on what's your standard of "average"
>>
>>340608464
Except Khadgar because apparently it would break him.
>>
>>340608671
oh please, i am sure the real khadgar banged her with his magic stick
>>
i'm glad they are keeping the movie completely separate from everything else
>>
>>340605134
>visuals were great
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Seeing how Orcs are all giant burly doyaevenlifts how the fuck did humans survive any field battle? Superior numbers? Technology?
>>
Someone explain the final battle to me

So Llane walks up to Garona and says "Kill me so there's peace between humans and orcs" and maybe I'm just retarded but I have no idea how that'd actually do anything. And then she does it. Am I missing something? She wasn't even mind controlled, he simply asked her to do it for some reason.
>>
>>340609915
Superior numbers, technology, better tactics, and some humans could still fight orcs one on one regardless.
>>
>>340609915
because humans are also doyaevens in the games
all humans are built like saxton hale
>>
>>340609938
King Llane tells Garona that she must be the one to assassinate him in order to be accepted by the orc clans,so that she may work as a mediator of sorts.

King Llane understood that Orcs weren't ever going to leave Azeroth,so that at best,they should try and come up with some sort of truce.Having a diplomat that can communicate with both sides is crucial in that
>>
>>340609938
his thinking was "I'm gonna die anyway. might as well let her kill me, she gets the honor and she can help lead the horde and then try to steer the horde to peace" which would work if she killed Gul'Dan and took control of the Horde but with him still alive and running the Horde that will never happen.
>>
>>340610152
Does this movie seriously skip over Orgrim's time as warchief? That's pretty horseshit
>>
>>340610005
>Superior numbers
they mention in a scene that they do not have enough soldiers to attack the orcs, and they just charged them at the end, not really any tactics in that.
>>
>>340610328
The movie is completely full of shit, what do you expect
>>
File: Garona_stabs_King_Llane.jpg (64 KB, 695x529) Image search: [Google]
Garona_stabs_King_Llane.jpg
64 KB, 695x529
>>340609938
horrible writing from a dumbass
they built her up to be this strong woman lead and didn't want to show the true ending of her betrayal so they made that sappy bullshit instead
>>
>>340610005
>>340609915

In the games the humans stood a chance only because
a) wizards fucked the Orcs's shit up
b) knights fucked the Orcs's shit up
Seriously the first time the knights met the orcs they destroyed a whole clan
>>
>>340610328
they had guns though
>>
>>340610268
not only that, he betrays Durotan, doesn't wear his black plate mail, doesn't kill Blackhand and take over the horde and he is part of the Frostwolf clan.
>>
>>340609915
In the games humans and orcs are more or less the same height

Sicne the movie is dindu propaganda they made them that way
>>
>>340610605
What the fuck.
Why is Blizzard trying to make Orgrim into a shitter?
>>
>>340610563
in the games, once gul'dan was gone the horde lost all their real demon strength

most of them because drooling morons, the humans didn't want to kill them so they put them in camps for labor and other shit.
>>
So Grom WAS in the movie, right? There was an orc that looked like him but no one really addressed him so I wasn't terribly sure. The camera also hung on him sometimes for no reason so that also makes me think it's him.
>>
>>340610757
Grom, Kargath and Killrogg were all in the movie
>>
>>340610725
I'm talking about the First War you dummy.
At the beginning two orc clans sack human towns and they think that humans are all weak shits. Then the knights appear out of nowhere and tear the orcs a new one.
>>
>>340610757
yeah i believe that was him too.
he had absolutely no lines and just stood there like a remember me.
>>
>>340610710
I don't know and its pissing me off. Orgrim was always my favorite Orc character and Warlords pissed me off because it completely disregards him and kills him off screen. I was hoping they wouldn't fuck him up in this movie but they did.
>>
it felt like a whole hour was cut from the movie. as someone who never gave a shit about Warcraft(or it's lore) the whole film felt like a fever dream(boring one at that)
>>
>>340610929
>it felt like a whole hour was cut from the movie
40 minutes actually
>>
>>340610757
yeah he's in a few scenes but he has no dialog. Kargath is in a few scenes too but again no lines.
>>
where were the paladins?
aren't they basically there to fight fel and undead
>>
>>340611004
Paladins didn't exist until the second war
>>
>>340611004
paladins didn't existed yet
>>
>>340610807
ah, okay. the first contact with actual fighters
>>
>>340611004
Paladins didn't become a thing until the second war. Khadgar seems to tap into the Light when he cleanses a bunch of Fel magic at the end but thats about it.
>>
>>340608540
Torrent where?
>>
>>340605134
>>Cinematography was above average

End yourself you myopic pleb
>>
durator playing fucking Cliche bad is a good guy orc dindu noffin we was good boys

fuckoff
>>
>>340611068
>>340611070
>>340611139
than what the fuck happened in warcraft 2
i need to play that shit

i am confused thinking it was just one long ass war
>>
>>340611139
Priests existed since forever though.
Also the Paladins will never get a proper introduction and instead of five there will be like two at most.
>>
i like the mexican wizard movie was dank
>>
Is this movie really nothing but exposition? Characters talking about the lore from start to finish?
>>
>>340611279
Warcraft 1 = First War = Orcs vs Humans of Stormwind

Humans lose

Warcraft 2 = Second War = Orcish Horde (+ trolls, goblins, ogres, undead) vs Alliance of Lordaeron (seven human kingdoms + elves + dwarves)

battles all over the world, Horde lose
>>
>>340611359
the fuck are you talking about you retard

watch the fucking trailer
>>
>>340611359
There is actually very few lore-related things.
Instead characters just take forever to talk about how fine Garona is, how someone is related to someone, etc
>>
>>340611384
>undead
>Warcraft 2
>>
>>340611359
there is a fuck ton of exposition.
probably why it is dinged pretty hard by critics, and i don't blame them.

also they basically tell like 5 different stories at once and tie up fucking nothing in the end
>>
elfs look like fucking gooks wtf so fucking ugly
>>
File: Teron_Gorefiend_TCG2[1].jpg (31 KB, 294x333) Image search: [Google]
Teron_Gorefiend_TCG2[1].jpg
31 KB, 294x333
>>340611562
newfag plz
>>
WHY THE FUCK HASNT ANYONE MADE A WEBM OF THE MURLOC CAMEO
FUCK
>>
>>340611662
because they casted nothing but chinese as elves.
for the chinese movie market
>>
>>340611697
there was a murloc cameo?
all i saw was them walking over a bridge in a swamp and i heard a murloc
>>
>>340611279
Warcraft 2 was the Second War.
First War is the Horde entering Azeroth, attacking Stormwind and beating the Humans, destroying Stormwind. Orgrim kills Blackhand, becomes the Warchief of the Horde, kills Gul'Dan's Shadow Council. Lothar, Khadgar and King Llane kill Medivh who was working with the orcs under the corruption of the demon Sargeras. Garona who was Medivhs lover and friend of Lothar and Llane, assassinates the King. The Humans that escape are lead by Lothar and head to Lordaeron where they create the Alliance.

Second War is Orgrim leading the Hrode to conquer Azeroth, Gul'Dan makes him Ogre Magi, Death Knights and they enslave Dragons. They also ally themselves with Trolls. Lothar is the leader of the Alliance, a bunch of Knights are made Paladins and everything comes to head in a final battle. Gul'Dan betrays the Horde and fucks off to die by demons looking for Sargeras Skull for more demonic power. Lacking Magical support the Horde loses but not after Orgrim crushes Lothars skull with the Doomhammer in a 1v1 fight.
>>
>>340605134

I'm not that well acquainted with Warcraft's lore so I won't comment on that.

They suffer from the same problems 90% of Hollywood action sequences have (Style over substance, big CGI battles yet you don't feel immersed in them, etc).

>Music was top tier
It was a generic orchestra

>Visuals were great

The whole thing looked like a bad fan movie and the use of green screen is so obvious it hurts.

>Plot relies heavily on Warcraft knowledge to be enjoyable,the average movie-goer will have to look a lot of shit up to fully comprehend the story

Went with a few friends who didn't know shit about Warcraft other than it being a video game and they understood everything that was going on, Warcraft story doesn't get complicated until WC3

Wait until the domestic box office results to see if there's going to be a sequel.
>>
>>340611852
Yeah if you look under the bridge at the stream there's a Murloc standing on a rock going full Tusken Raider.
>>
File: lothar[1].jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lothar[1].jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>340611895
>not after Orgrim crushes Lothars skull with the Doomhammer in a 1v1 fight
>>
File: 1465356506273.jpg (20 KB, 376x429) Image search: [Google]
1465356506273.jpg
20 KB, 376x429
>>340606436
>Would you really like a future movie to focus solely on the gnomes joining the Alliance?

HELL

FUCKING

YES
>>
>>340612014
I'm going from the Tides of Darkness book not the game.
>>
>>340612013
i may have missed it because of the quality i was watching it in
>>
>>340612093
I know but that book is bullshit
>>
>>340612139
I disagree.
>>
>>340612209
You can disagree all you like, fuck the retcon
>>
>>340612124
Understandable, my friend manages a theater so I saw it at midnight Wednesday with his coworkers.
Generally disappointed that the Clay Golem didn't become an Infernal btw
>>
>>340611943
>Style over substance
Hollywood has shitty taste on how to make over the top fights
>>
>>340612209
I think you're perfectly entitled to your opinion
>>
Too much story, like way too much, the first 30 minutes was fucking awful.

When I see "warcraft movie" I expect 2 hours of WC3/WOW style cinematics, there way way too much setup for such a simple story, and not enough warcraft
>>
File: kek.png (1 MB, 1253x659) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
1 MB, 1253x659
>>
>>340612291
i honestly thought it was going to turn into an infernal or into the curator
>>
>>340612431
autistic kid take some Ritalin next time
>>
>>340612491
Yeah what the fuck was up with that? We get a slight build up like it's gonna go full demon but nope, he just makes one arm into immobile felstone.
>>
what happened to that dude's shoes?
did i miss when he took them off.
>>
>>340612828
his feet were stuck in the Golem and he had to take them off to escape. its was pretty fucking stupid all things considered. I don't see why the golem was still soft clay anyway it had to have hardened by that point.
>>
>>340612828
He threw them at the guard after he yelled at him to open the cage.
>>
>>340612093
Games are canon
Books are canon only when they don't contradict the games
Doomhammer didn't 1v1 Lothar
>>
>>340612828
stuck into the golem
>>
>>340612954
other way around m8
>>
warcraft was shit till wc3 anyways
>>
A series of very minor but major flaws
>dwarves aren't Scottish. FFS you couldn't hire Billy Connelly for a day?
>Dalaran already flying
>Khadgar has essentially none of his actual backstory (pissed me off, rereading The Last Guardian as I type)
>Lothar's dead fucking serious the entire time even though he was the Jugghead to Lhane's Archie
>you have to infer Garona's a half-breed, not difficult but fuck, just tell them "I'm half bred" you useless ambiguous cunt
>no trolls
>>
File: grom.png (2 MB, 1028x849) Image search: [Google]
grom.png
2 MB, 1028x849
>>340610757
kinda looks like him
>>
>>340613271
>no trolls
Trolls didn't come around until the second game.
>>
File: 1364339898357.jpg (25 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
1364339898357.jpg
25 KB, 379x214
I now realise that the entire WOD expansion was just to introduce the orc cast to newfags, (and rez guldan)
>>
>>340613318
thats Grom. he has the chin tattoo and is wielding Gorehowl.
>>
>>340613404
yeah, that's what i am realizing.
and also why everything is poorly implemented.
the game just turned into advertisement for the movie
>>
>>340605134
>orc sacrifice was completely pointless
>it's evident that a lot of scenes got edited out
>the guardian's motives were stupid as fuck and didn't make sense fr anyone that doesn't know warcraft lore
>>
>>340605134
It was fucking terrible. It's like Blizzard blew up their budget on orcs and said fuck it to everything else. Torrent it, it's not worth watching in theaters.
>>
>>340613361
Ah, mb. Forgot Zul'jin wasn't until 2
>>
I watched this kino with a normalfag friend who's never played Warcraft (including WoW). He's no even all that into video games (he'd fit right in on /v/) and he said he had a ton of fun with the moive.

Lore-knowledge is in my second-hand experience very optional.
>>
>>340613486
>the guardian's motives were stupid as fuck and didn't make sense fr anyone that doesn't know warcraft lore
This, the entire Song of Aegwynn/Sargeras possession was crammed into one half-assed scene of Khadgar finding a black n red book.
>>
Cant even compare it to LOTR series
>>
>>340613716

It needs an extended edition. Badly.

You can kinda' tell where something was cut for runtime though I can't understand why Peter Jackson got away for a 19 hour Return of the King but if Warcraft stepped a toe over 1.5 hours it would lead to immediate execution.

Especially when the movie so badly needed it.
>>
>>340608671
But would his spirit break before his body?
>>
>>340613831
*for = with
>>
>>340605134

Sigh I was hoping the critics were wrong and out of touch but no.. the movie is pretty terrible.

It tries so hard to be like LOTR, to be epic and big. Sometimes it hits, but most of the time it misses. The acting performance is incredibly bad for everything that isn't an orc. Costumes looked cheap,The filming itself wasn't great either with many scenes that looked fake and out of place. Oh and the story is complete shit.

Torrent it boys, it's really not worth watching in theaters.
>>
>>340610596
>The moral of the film is that guns are great and they will save you, your family and land from invaders with a different skin
The NRA are going to love this movie
>>
>>340613886
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is soft and spongy.
>>
>>340613917
it would have been better if they actually had LOTR level of orcs instead of CGI nonsense
>>
>>340605134

I know warcraft lore like the back of my hand (before WoW fucked it up) and I thought the movie was alright. I'd say it was actually pretty good whenever orcs were on screen but the human parts were pretty boring. I get why they changed a lot of stuff around. Portraying the full series of events from the original lore on the Orc side could be a 2 hour movie all on its own.

I'll tell you one thing, Grom Hellscream looked fucking badass. He pops up in the background fairly often but never says anything. I hope we get sequels just to have him become a central character for a while before he bites it.
>>
File: 1461626705369.gif (211 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1461626705369.gif
211 KB, 480x320
>>340614115
It would have been better if they didn't let Chris fucking Metzen at the writing too. Jesus.
>>
Remove the stupid fucking love story

Use that time to fix the absolutely horrid pacing of the intro bits
>>
>>340614249
>creates wow lore
>doesnt want him involve in the movie
>>
>>340611562

When Orgrim Doomhammer dropped the hammer (literally) on the warlocks in the Horde and was about to kill Gul'dan as well, Gul'dan convinced him to show mercy by promising to raise dead Orcs as Death Knights, which he did. They're a unit in WarCraft 2. I'm sure you're 14 and have never played it but at least try to pretend you have some clue about what you're talking about before you run your mouth.
>>
>>340614249
what the fuck is up with the magic black cube that is in the movie for like 1 minute just to explain, oh. by the way medivh is evil
that is some low quality writing right there.
>should i step in
>i dunno
>>
>>340605134
How did you forget to mention the abysmal acting performance of humans? Seriously I literally cringed at least 15 times while watching.
>>
>>340605134
I know most of the lore so I think this movie was great but I can understand how it looks like a bootleg Lord of the Rings to normies
>>
>>340614481
lol this loser took 20mins to look for that couple units of death knights - undead
>>
>>340613404
To me the only worthwhile shit we got from the expansion was a glimpse at Ogre culture, and more fleshed out Arakkoa lore.
>>
>>340610757

Grom pops up a few times but never says anything. It's very clearly him.

Kargath shows up toward the end at the portal.

Kilrogg Deadeye is also there. He's the one that snaps that human's neck.

The only chieftman they're missing is Ner'zhul. I wonder if they just didn't give a shit or if they're saving him for a Lich King story.
>>
>>340614673

What?
>>
ITT: greasy fat nerds who didnt go out to see it
get a life the movie was great /Thread

but Mah lore oh stfu
>>
File: warcraft-durotan-spot.jpg (106 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-durotan-spot.jpg
106 KB, 1200x630
I really liked the Durotan vs Gul'dan fight. Well made, the villain was menacing and I actually cheered for Durotan which I didn't think would happen.
>>
>>340614678
>Ner'zhul
He stayed behind on Draenor
>>
>>340614678
He's oddly absent form the movie universe. Apparently he's not even mentioned in the book that takes place before the movie, and Gul'dan is the one who does all the shit Ner'zhul should have done.
>>
>>340614678
>Kilrogg Deadeye is also there. He's the one that snaps that human's neck.
I don't think that was him, he was wearing to much armor to be Kilrogg
>>
>>340614793
if you like terrible CGI
normal fags will hate it too.
too confusing for their brain dead popcorn munching faces
also very little fighting for them
>>
>>340614674

It's hilarious how Grom in WoD looks nothing like him but the movie fucking nailed it. And I don't mean his skin color. WoD Grom has this weird pig face and he's too squat. Grom is lean and mean. Part of why he's so badass is that he's a runt by orc standards but still makes them all shit their pants with his battlecry alone.
>>
>>340614678
They'll cut Ner'zhul, you don't need him to corrupt Arthas, it can be some kind of demon.
>>
>>340605134
So its a good popcorn flick if you are well versed in Warcraft lore?
>>
File: guldan.jpg (109 KB, 1366x560) Image search: [Google]
guldan.jpg
109 KB, 1366x560
post yfw Gul'dan takes off his robe
>>
File: Untitled.png (1009 KB, 769x675) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1009 KB, 769x675
>>340614846
for sure one of the best part of the movie
>>
>>340615110
no on both
if you are familiar with the lore it is shit
if you like entertaining movies and no nothing of the lore you will be bored
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (270 KB, 734x515) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
270 KB, 734x515
>>340614984

It's absolutely him. It looks exactly like him and he's right next to Kargath and Grom in that scene. It's a clear nod.
>>
>>340615238
So its impossible to enjoy?
>>
>>340615238
>if you like entertaining movies and no nothing of the lore you will be bored
i guess you are saying you rather watch bayformers
>>
>>340614846
It was fun to see Gul'dan go angry grandpa mode
>>340614938
There is a tie in book to the movie?
>>
>>340615308
no
>>
>>340615146
>>340615195
I'm not well versed in the lore but can Gul'Dan really just full ham like this? I thought he relied more on trickery and such.
>>
>>340615308
The things they changed in terms of lore are almost inconsequential

you'll be fine with it unless your super anal about lore

if you know nothing about it in the first place its pretty good if you're really craving some high fantasy
>>
>>340615308
pretty much
>>
File: Anduin.png (388 KB, 581x433) Image search: [Google]
Anduin.png
388 KB, 581x433
This guy was terrible for Lothar. He looks good but he can't act worth shit.
>>
File: you_have_died.gif (852 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
you_have_died.gif
852 KB, 450x338
Are blizzard drones literally fucking blind?

How does this garbage qualify as good cinematography? The movie cared more about vanservice shots than moving and developing it's own fucking plot.

People who think this garbage "looked good" need to pull their own eyes out of their asses. Main orcs were the only decent cg in that flop. Everything else looked like complete fucking joke and it is saying much in a movie that has CG in every fucking scene.

And no. Being pandered to does not work as a valid defence against critique. If you honestly believe that then you are just as fucking bad as the cunts who defend IGNs and Gamespots with their 10/10 garbage scoring.

>Huur I, the King, will let you, the halfblood slave whore, murder me to save your life
It's not even true to the original material. Jesus merely remembering this garbage gives me shivers.
>>
>>340615412
Hes both. Hes ridiculously OP. Probably the most OP orc of all time if he gets his magic involved. But he PREFERS to work behind the scenes.
>>
>>340615412
Well with the life-steal thing he can do both since he can just acquire more strength and virility if he needs to.
>>
>>340615335
i know what general movie goers watch.
lots of scene transitions with a central focus of a character.
this movie does the star wars prequel shit where it's all over the place and shit doesn't make sense.
>>
Played the game since release day, know a decent amout about the lore and stopped playing around 4 years ago.

The dialogues are cringeworthy and the pacing is fucked to hell. It`s 2 hours of exposition.
Everyone who cares about WoW will know what happen anyway, and everyone who dosn't is probably confused as fuck.
What keeps this movie popular and makes retarded fanboys drool over it is that there is some recognizable stuff shoved in every few minutes. The movie basically goes like this:

10 minutes of shitty acting and dialogue -> HEY IS THAT A MURLOC? -> 10 minutes of shitty acting and dialogue -> HEY IS THAT WESTFALL??? I KNOW THAT I PLAYED THE GAME YOU KNOW! -> Action scene -> 10 minutes of shitty acting and dialogue -> rinse and repeat

I can`t remember the last time i was this bored during a movie. There were like 1 or 2 cool looking scenes like when gul'dan kills the deer , but that dosn`t excuse almost 2 hours of NOTHING HAPPENING

The CG looks okay on some parts, and absolutely terrible on other parts. Every time an actor is alone on screen with a CG character, (like when Lothar threatens to kill the orc if that wolf comes any closer ) the actor usually dosn't move at all, because they don' know what they are supposed to react to.

Also, i have no clue why they casted a fish to play the king.

Do yourself a favor and torrent it if you are curious. The low review scores are 100% justified, and it's not a movie for fans. It`s a movie for drooling retards that eat up everything that is well marketed.
>>
>>340615308
nah dont listen to these fucking neckbeards the movies is atleast good and great if ur not a lore snub
>>
File: Turalyon.jpg (56 KB, 550x662) Image search: [Google]
Turalyon.jpg
56 KB, 550x662
Will Turalyon be in the next movie?
>>
Bowie's son is a disgrace
>>
File: 14124.jpg (46 KB, 307x320) Image search: [Google]
14124.jpg
46 KB, 307x320
>>340614846
>Cheered for durotan
I cheered for Gul'dan.
>>
>>340606320
shut the fuck up, This is DIRECTLY video game related. Faggot.
>>
>>340615474
Why was he so fucking goofy?
>>
>>340615683
god i miss his smug ass face.
wish they did more of that in the movie.
they always looked angry.
>>
>>340615651
maybe he'll be a young knight seeing lothar as a father figure
>>
>>340615651

If they pick up at the Second War, which it seems like they might given Lothar takes his position as Supreme Commander, yes.

If they time skip to Thrall's story, no.
>>
>>340615710
for humor purposes
>>
>>340615550
>i have no clue why they casted a fish to play the king.

Holy shit are you me, I thought the exact same thing as soon as I saw him.
>>
>>340615728
Gul'dan was really only smug on Wod.
he went overboard with that shit in there actually.

I never thought i would say this, but i liked the movie gul'dan more.

don't get me wrong, i still love troy baker's version.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (127 KB, 411x543) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
127 KB, 411x543
Here's a shot of Kargath. What do you think that peasant staring him down is thinking?
>>
>>340615882
>my feet hurt
>how does this monster wipe his ass?
>I wish I was in goldshire
>>
>>340615882

>He looks pretty cool
>maybe he likes Burzum??
>>
>>340615651
I at first thought that they've replaced tyralyon with lothar's son, bur since he died it's a guarantee that we will, because he still has a failed father complex, so he'll form a father-son bond wih turalyon to overcome that.
>>
>>340615882
he is probably typing in general chat about how some high level horde is ganking him
>>
File: 125125125.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
125125125.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>340615412
Gul'dan is extremely powerful (the strongest mortal warlock that ever existed), also smarter than all the other orcs, hence why he decided to lure them instead of using brute force.
>>
>>340616067
I find it more possible that he will have a father and son bound with Varian, they could even do a
>Swear to me Varian, swear that you will never trust an orc
>>
>>340615474
I've wasted nine years and thousands of shekels playing this shit solely on the Horde. Went into the movie with rock bottom expectations, and that man made the movie for me. I'm clearly crazy because no one seems to think this guy can act. He seemed like Aragorn-Lite.
>>
>>340608671
Khadgar was a qt in the movie, the baby fat and that ridiculous facial hair added to the charm. He's obviously still way to go before he become cool as a cucumber, but he'll make it
>>
>>340616163
also gul'dan is a cheater
just like thrall is a cheater
>>
>>340610148
What he didn't understand however is that the alliance wouldn't want to talk to a traitorous bitch who litrally backstabbed their king. That's why the change in garona's storyline was completely retarded and unnecessary.
>>
>>340616440
Are all the main orcs incapable of showing honor during Mak'gora?
>>
>>340616396
I'm a hordefag and i hate khadgar ingame.

Mexican ass nigga khadgar was baller though.
too bad every time i log in to do HFC i have to live with the faggot ass old khadgar.

Man, he was much cooler when he was younger.
>>
>>340616474
they should have just stayed honest to the actual story.
of course then it would just get SJWs panties in a bunch because "muh strong independant womyn"
>>
>>340616440

I'm still blown away at that fuckup in WoD. Blizzard can't even keep their own lore straight.
>>
>>340605134
>damage control
>>
>>340616474
No one was supposed to know. He did not expect Lothar to show up and take the body from the horde with Garona's knife in his neck
>>
>>340616440
>Caring about bullshit honor
He would have won even without drain soul though.
>>
File: 1453449115008.jpg (24 KB, 476x349) Image search: [Google]
1453449115008.jpg
24 KB, 476x349
>>340605134
I've played wow 6 years, played all warcraft rts in their prime. And let me tell you i definitely did not love the movie.

The reports are correct, Guldan and the orcs overall is the good bit as the vfx are very well done, but the alliance actors are bad, the editing is clumsy, and the storytelling flow is weird to say the least.

This movie doesn't even spend a single minute trying to present and explain draenor, azeroth, the kingdoms or the clans. Not a minute. They don't even explain what the guardian is besides this cheesy line: 'I am the Guardian, I will protect Azeroth". The movie doesn't explain Medivh's corruption.

Dominic Cooper was incredibly bad, he had nothing kingly about him and delivered 90% of his cheesy lines like a soulless robot. Patton was apparently competing with him as to decide who was the most terrible actor. Foster was very hit or miss. Khadgar and Lothar were the only 2 characters somewhat well adapted/acted on the alliance side.

The romance plot line between Lothar and Garona was utter shit, borderline cringe. The plotline about Lothar and his son was completely skippable, it did not matter in any meaningful way at all.

The cinematography was all over the place. You have great camera work and you have pissing poor camera work. You have amazingly well lit scenes and you have horribly lit scenes (act 3 karazhan stands out as incredibly bad).
The music was ok but very forgettable, too little from the games and only one theme truly stands out. Also I can't remember the last time I saw the title screen used twice in a movie. That felt so fucking weird and completely out of place.

This movie stinks of meddling from several parties. The universal execs, the blizzard execs, the legendary execs, and ofc Duncan Jones. I would be very curious to see a longer cut and get a better feel of what Jones's vision was. We've ended up with a flawed adaptation IMO.
>>
>>340613271
>Lothar's dead fucking serious the entire time
Have we watched the same movie?
>>
>>340616594
Yes they can, because Thrall does face the consequences for cheating in Legion
>>
File: rip.png (2 MB, 1499x831) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
2 MB, 1499x831
Seriously who the fuck ever picture elves as fucking asians holy fucking shit atleast they dont look like elves maybe then can be niggers
>>
>>340616665
Post on /tv/
They take autism tier complaints there
>>
i don't mind the actor that portrayed khadgar.
i think he did a fine job for a young khadgar.
what i didn't like was they fucking blew off his fucking apprenticeship with fucking medivh
>>
>>340616776
nah, try to stop me
>>
movie felt rush i think part 2 is going to be great tho and 3 would probably the best
>>
>>340616554
You shut your green mouth

Uncle Khadgar is great
>>
>>340616760

Why are you even bothered by that?
I mean blood elves were always anime-tier
>>
>>340616984
>blood elves
>>
>>340617047
blood elves are just high elves wearing red pants
>>
>>340617047

Yes this evles are future blood elves and are basiclly the same thing
>>
>>340616665
This. I laugh when I read blizzdrones trying so hard to defend that shit and making it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. Glad I torrented that piece of crap.
>>
>>340617120
camrip?
>>
>>340617120

Better than Hobbit at least
>>
>>340616614
How do you think it would work anon?
>Hey, so the horde leaders now listen to you, huh? How come?
>because reasons
>well, ok, but let's ask those other orcs here - why do you guys respect the halfbreed so much, even though you despised her before?
>she killed your warcgief, nigga

Come on. There is literally no way it would stay a secret with so many people witnessing the event
>>
>>340617175
no its not
>>
>>340617120
>implying u would watch it elsewhere
>>
>>340617193
Please don't make it sound like Garonna will be the next warchief
>>
>>340606894
>Warcraft movie is a success because of China
>Arthas movie in the works
>banned in China because skulls
i want to believe
>>
>>340616984
I'm more bothered that they took the ugliest possible asian to play a high elf. You have to fill your racial divercity quota, fine, i get it. But make an effort to find a handsome asian at least
>>
I was positively surprised by the movie. It was definitely better than the last X-Men movie or Batman v Superman.

Watched the telecine rip yesterday, gonna see it today in cinema.

7/10, would watch again.
>>
>>340617120
I laugh even harder at the haters who just want to be angry at eveything, unable to enjoy anything in life.
>>
File: big-lebowski-1[1].jpg (971 KB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
big-lebowski-1[1].jpg
971 KB, 1920x1082
>>340617267
>>
>>340617089
Not really. They are also jacked on demon magic and i think they also took some kind of blood oath or whatever? I mean they are not called blood elves just because.
>>
>>340606894
Why?
The movie was fucking horrible.
>>
>>340617348
t. fat Warcraft nerd
>>
>Hear about this
>Extremely cynical
>OMG ANON WHY ARE YOU SO CYNICAL
>Because Metzen is a hack writer
>Because they'll probably shit on the lore
>Because video game movies have a garbage track record
>Dude proceeds to straight up use the "How do you know it's shit if it hasn't come out yet" argument.

I can't live among normal society anymore, they just gobble shit up so fast without thinking critically.
>>
>>340617290
Orgrim is still alive so i don't think they'd stray that far from the lore.
>>
>>340617443
t. contrarian 4chan nerd
>>
>>340617443
T.fatter NEET omega
>>
>>340617460
>he has friends who knew this shit movie existed
>>
>>340617394
yeah but genetically they are still high elves is what I meant
>>
>>340617460
Cynical AND self-absorbed, how disgusting.
>>
>>340617529
Contrarian implies the majority likes this garbage.
Only fat Warcraft nerds liked it.

>>340617537
You are unironically defending a videogame movie, a shitty fantasy videogame movie at that.
You don't get to call anyone a neet.
>>
>>340616760
Probably, just turn your brain off on shit like this my man, ethnic divergence makes no sense in Warcraft anyway.
>>
>>340617537
>Warcraft cunt calling others NEETs
HAHAHAHA
>>
>respected the source material
learn to bait better
>>
>>340617584

Im not self absorbed it happens so often now.

I'm so sick of the "Just turn your brain off and have fun XD" mentality people have and condemn others for not having.
>>
>>340616594
Thrall gets fucked hard in the ass in Legion for that, anon.
>>
>>340617460
You are to cynical to function anyway

Metzen was a consultant in the script not a writer, and your detention on "shitting on lore" could be something as trivial like making the Orcs 1,9 metres instead of 2 meters and this movie had good people behind it
>>
>>340617589
No, only edgy anomalous such as yourself hate it, general audience liked it, fans liked it.
Oh also China basically secured a sequel for this movie, deal with it nerd.
>>
File: 1456679868048.png (39 KB, 999x499) Image search: [Google]
1456679868048.png
39 KB, 999x499
>>340615245
good to know, i guess
>>
>>340617595
That subscription isn't paying itself
>>
>>340605134
you already lost it there
the story is completely different
>>
>>340617725
>general audience liked it
Source?

>Oh also China basically secured a sequel for this movie
Ah, so it takes the highest spot, with Transformers 4 on the second spot, and Avengers 2 on the third.

This is how I know how great Warcraft is, considering this is the only audience watching it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.