[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you protect your handhelds /v/? Pic related was a recent purchase.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
Do you protect your handhelds /v/? Pic related was a recent purchase. My N3DS paint is starting to chip because fuck the poor quality of Nintendo shit nowadays.
>>
I bought one of those for my 3DS XL which I had signed by someone. I was thinking of getting another one for my standard N3DS due to wanting the faceplates to stay nice, but they don't seem to suffer the wear and tear I've seen on XLs
>>
I bought a case for my Vita so the screen doesn't get scratched while in my pocket.

I don't give a shit if the outside of my 3DS gets scratched though, as long as the screen is safe. I kinda dig the wabi-sabi aesthetic too
>>
>>340571005
I have a case for my vita and I once had a screen protector for it. I removed the SP a while back and come four weeks later I discover that it has two miniscule scratches on it (likely from being in my fucking pocket)
ree

Meanwhile I've had my 3DS for 5 years, no case, and it still doesn't have a single scratch. Fuckin' nintenendium, man.
>>
>>340571676
Which version of 3DS? The New XL has poor paint quality.
>>
I always get the Hori screen protectors for handhelds and just store them in a nice case when not in use. Those Hori things are great though.
>>
>>340571005
Same here. Had to buy a case so that the top screen doesn't break off.
Hate it because it covers the mario and luigi cover i have
>>
I have a Hori TPU case for my New XL. Bought it at the same time because I bought a limited edition one. The TPU material gives the handheld a nice softness and better grip, the handheld is in pristine condition for over a year now.
>>
>>340572456
O3DS, glossy red. The only scratch I have on it is the indentation made from dropping it on cement some 3 years ago, but even that didn't break the console.
>>
>>340574858
I got a scratch on my OOT one from the cuff of a fucking sweater.
>>
>>340574543
Too bad these are like $10-20 and I can't import to my country easily, plus high taxes. Fuck Brazil.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (36 KB, 395x590) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
36 KB, 395x590
>>340571005
Yes, because
>No green handheld anything ever since gameboy original

and no, i dont mean barf green, lime green, or mint green, i mean normal fucking green.

always have to buy a case instead cause nintendo is afraid of making something fucking green since the badassness that was the green gameboy and the atomic green n64.
>>
File: untitled.png (666 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
666 KB, 600x600
Yes, first I apply screen protectors, then I skin device then I put them in plastic or rubber cases. My 3ds is the exact same way. I will also cover the buttons/sticks with rubber caps if possible too.

I like to take care of my belongings, it's not OCD
>>
>>340571676
Why did you remove the screen protectors though?
>>
>>340571005
I protect my Vita because its fucking precious to me.
>Has a plastic case and a carrying case AND a screen protector on touch screen and rear touchpad.

My N3ds on the other hand, I wanted to get a case like OP's pic but... whatever. The paint is already chipping, the back cover is fucking paper thin (you notice when you have to put in an SD card.) I just use it unprotected except for the screens.
I honestly play way more games on my Vita than my 3ds despite both having hacks.
>>
>>340577645
The screen protector was scratched up pretty badly, forming air bubbles, and kept trapping dirt. I wish I had of kept it on my Vita, though.
>>
>>340577301
It's not OCD, just autism
>>
>3 years ago
>finally buy an R4 for DSlite
>carry it in my backpack
>1 week and both screen connectors broke
never bought anything nintendo again
>>
>>340571005
>>340572456
Is this a thing? I had my N3DS XL since release day and it doesn't have any kind of paint chipping going on. My Vita is also perfectly fine except for a scratch or two on the front
>>
>>340579092
The DS lite hinges were notorious for cracking/breaking off unfortunately.

They were running low on the nintendium reserves while those were in production, everything else since has been solid.
>>
>>340571005
For my Vita? Not really. It's not like I'm using a stylus for it or gonna put it in my pocket. When it gets dirty or smudges, I just use one of those fiber cloths. Has very miniscule scratches
The 3DS though needs the screen protector, especially the bottom screen for the stylus.
>>
>>340571005
I bought one for my 3DS because I was getting pretty sick and tired of looking out for scrathes because Nintendo thought it was a good idea to make the whole fucking thing glossy

I also thought that it was gonna help in the comfort department, because my hands get numb by holding this thing for too long, again, why did Nintendo decide that those microscopic nipples and titan-made rubbers and that whole depression line going around the handheld + the downright terrible L and R buttons I have NO idea
>>
I keep all of my handheld consoles in cases. I don't care about fitting them in my pocket anymore because I am in the manbag cult.
>>
File: fe3ewsaf.png (129 KB, 418x318) Image search: [Google]
fe3ewsaf.png
129 KB, 418x318
>>340581382
I am looking to join the manbag club

Would this be a good start?
>>
>>340579419
Better safe than sorry. I've seen plenty or red and black units chipping due to sweat, heat and oils. The paint is actually a thin coat that scratches easily, specially if you drop your unit in the slightest height.
>>
>>340571005
No I ride bareback 'cause I'm not a cuck like you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.