[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: logo_0.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
logo_0.png
2 MB, 1422x800
What went right
>>
File: 1465063538453.jpg (319 KB, 898x596) Image search: [Google]
1465063538453.jpg
319 KB, 898x596
Everything
>>
Xboxcucks and PCucks didn't get to ruin it
>>
>>340526080
not on PC so who cares
>>
>>340526613
this

i'll be over here playing real games
>>
>>340526295
>farming for blood vials

How could they fuck up something so simple that already worked in the previous games?
>>
File: 1465122493645.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465122493645.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Original atmosphere/setting by gaming standards
>Original twist/subtext by gaming standards
>The refusal of following the generic cookie cutter game design approach of "QTE" this, "Cutscenes every 5 seconds" that but rather the focus be placed on game design, level design, boss design and gameplay
>Enough changes to attract new fans to the series and keep the game from feeling like a rehash while maintaining enough similarities to the franchise as to not lose its identity
>PCucks not getting a chance to ruin the fanbase

Everything that could have went right, went right.
>>
>>340526613
Not on PC, so you get to talk about it without everyone responding with "git gud" no matter what you say.
>>
>>340526674
>muh game is too hard for you casuals
>huh i don't get free healing handed out like candy?
>damnit how are you going to ruin my super elite hard game that casuals can't beat?
Out of the legitimate complaints that DO exist for people who came from DaS, this is one illegitimate complaint that I just don't understand. I thought DaS players preferred a game to be more difficult.
>>
>>340526674
>farming for vials
The only excuse for that is if you spending too much time on MP invading or helping because at the course of the main game you don't need to farm shit.
>>
>>340527303
Nice strawman, pham.
>>
>near perfect combat
>great story/twist
>probably one of the best atmospheres/backdrops in gaming
>top notch level design
>good graphics/art design
>memorable boss encounters
>the DLC is some of the best Souls content

So many things, OP
>>
>>340527303
There's nothing hard about farming for blood vials. Going to cathedral ward and running around for a few minutes to get 10 blood vials, doing it again to cap it out is tedious. Going to lecture hall to farm the blob guys for blood echoes to spend on blood vials is fucking tedious. There's nothing difficult about this. Beating even the very first boss, let alone any boss is far more of a challenge than farming blood vials. Just getting through the first area is more of a challenge. Having to farm blood vials is pure tedium that adds nothing of value to the game. The developers of Demon's Souls even realized how flawed the health system was in that game, which is why they created the estus flask system for dark souls to fix it. There was no advantage to going back on this.

If you can't see why this is a glaring flaw in an otherwise great game you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>340526080
Everything.
>>
>>340527680
>go through Central and Ward
>rack up like 100+ vials just from killing enemies

Stop being bad at video games anon.
>>
cainhurst did nothing wrong
>>
>>340526080
cinematic 20 fps experience
>>
File: 00.png (318 KB, 522x657) Image search: [Google]
00.png
318 KB, 522x657
>>340529352
>>
>>340529428
but the framerate is pretty bad, enjoyed the other aspects though.
or are you not allowed to say anything bad about BB?
>>
>>340529603

Framerate is fine for me post patch, constant 30fps for the most part.
>>
>>340530207
but i thought 60fps was the minimum now?????
>>
File: sony precious.png (296 KB, 398x441) Image search: [Google]
sony precious.png
296 KB, 398x441
>>340529428
>>
>>340526812
>Without everyone responding "git gud"
Huh?
>>
Being exclusive prevented the most obnoxious fanbase from ruining the game.
>>
>>340527680
So you guys think you can handle a "hard" game if you are fed vials, or farm them instead? Try fighting the boss without the vials... You don't get to brag about difficulty, then brag about not needing to farm healing items.

Are you saying you hate the difficulty in DaS games?
>>
>>340530458
When DaS was console only, we could discuss the game. When it released on PC, just about everyone's response to absolutely anything was "git gud". There was next to 0 discussion on the game. Threads for these games do better when PC is excluded. Maybe you guys just can't handle discussing games with slightly above average difficulty. Shit, the game isn't even hard yet you fuckers only know how to say "git gud". On the other hand, I've been able to have plenty of good discussion of BB. I might be able to have some decent discussion of DaS now, but it fucking sucked having to wait years for you fuckers to calm down with your retarded meme...
>>
>>340526080
everything before rom
goddamn is it fucking terrible after that
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.