[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages Hardmode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: ages_hero's_cave.png (43 KB, 961x907) Image search: [Google]
ages_hero's_cave.png
43 KB, 961x907
Remember how hero mode transformed ALBW from the easiest game in the series to something actually fun simply by multiplying enemy damage by 4?

I made patches for both OoS and OoA which do the same thing, in case anyone's interested. The damage multiplier is applied after the reduction due to rings, which doesn't matter for the blue ring but does make the protection rings a bit more useful.

Anyway I think the patches are a bit too simple to post on RHDN, so I decided to post them here instead:

Oracle of Ages (U): https://a.pomf.cat/njjcxy.xdelta
Oracle of Seasons (U): https://a.pomf.cat/ttunut.xdelta
>>
This is cool anon.
>>
Hey I gotta check this out.

While we're at it, are there any patches that let you attack while using the transformation rings?
>>
>>340517948
Ages didn't need to be any harder.
>>
>>340518225
Thanks man

>>340518434
I wish. Maybe I'll look into it later today and see if I figure out if there's a way to do this. They clearly are able to do it somehow, with the fist rings changing the characteristics of attacking. Do you mean using the moblin/octorok attacks when you're wearing the respective rings? Or simply still being able to use equipment?
>>
Is there a patch for gender neutral pronouns yet like LttP?
>>
>ALBW hero mode
>basically everything one hit kills in early parts of game
>fairies in game only replenish a few hearts when you die
dunno if i'd call it "fun"
>>
>>340518582
The hard thing about ages wasn't the combat, though.
>>
>>340518673

I always wanted the rings to let you attack like the enemy does (spit rocks, throw spears), and perhaps make the same enemy type friendly to you. Just so they at least have some use.
>>
Neat. Some shit an Oracles can actually kill you too so Hero Mode Oracles is probably brutal.
>>
>>340518770
It was damn fun later in the game. Without hero mode, you had no incentive to get the super spin attack or whatever it was called, and the red/blue clothes made you practically immortal.

In hero mode, getting the blue clothes felt like a real accomplishment, as did blasting through the fucking lions with a single hurricane spin. I wish I didn't need to play the regular version first, desu.
>>
>>340519017
From my initial tests (in OoS), it's generally not *that* bad. The main thing is that bats suddenly do 2 hearts worth of damage, and I think the first boss can 1 shot you during his charge move. But you can get 5 hearts in either game pretty quickly, and after that it gets a lot easier.
>>
>>340519024
Yeah you're right and it was a nice challenge. It also made me realize that the game even HAD a red tunic
also
>tfw no pink hair link
>>
Ages for challenge
Seasons for comfy
>>
>>340519001
If I can get something like this to work, I'll post it on RHDN--definitely much more involved than damage multiplying. Still, sounds like a fun project.
>>
>>340519504

Cheers for that mate. I don't think I've even seen any hacks for OoS/A before, so this was pretty surprising.
>>
>>340517948
DONT DOWNLOAD THIS! It gave my computer ransomware.
>>
>>340520557
lol. a 200 *byte* file on pomf.cat gave you ransomware?
>>
>>340520557

Can confirm, the mayor refused to let me leave the city until I farmed 500 rupees on the beach
>>
>>340520814
Most emulators are chock full of code execution bugs. The emudevs make no efforts to prevent it. I personally wouldn't run any rom that's not No-Intro verified.

For example, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3SOYneC7mU
>>
>>340517948
speaking of your picture OP, I feel like 80% of Ages/Seasons players never bothered with that extra "dungeon". It pushed certain mechanics to their limits and generally required you to do things you never had to in the main-game. Very cool addition right there.

In fact, every Zelda game should have an extra dungeon really experimenting with deeper mechanics and crazy shit. Babbies could just ignore those as they're optional, but it would really add something for the dedicated players
>>
>>340521027
Good point, but even so, you'd have a damn hard time fitting a working payload that contains both the emulator exploit AND a download-and-exec payload into a 200 byte patch, even with the patch being compressed.
>>
Never pkayed this zelda games !oh men im so hyped
>>
>>340521037
I loved those dungeons; the room in the top left of that pic was the must punishing "puzzle" I've experienced in any zelda game.
>>
>>340521027
Here's to hoping the new slew of type safe programming languages lead to better emulators. (At least for the systems that don't need a JIT for acceptable performance)
>>
Any patch that makes item management less shit?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.