[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>put a game on greenlight >it gets accepted on steam >valve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: valve-logo.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
valve-logo.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1280
>put a game on greenlight
>it gets accepted on steam
>valve takes a little of the profit
>sell an ingame item on the market
>valve takes a little of the profit for that item

i can understand when valve takes profit from a greenlight game because you are releasing your game on their platform

but why valve needs to be so jew to the point where they also need to profit on your item ?
>>
>>340514963
If I sample someone elses song then just put some new lyrics over it do they not deserve compensation? Theyre giving you the platform to sell dont be a cuck
>>
>>340515095
No, I need a food analogy
>>
You're using their service to sell digital goods. They deserve a cut. Transactions take additional money to process, no matter how small.
>>
>>340515167
>try to sell cheeseburger
>realize i have to pay for the ingredients of the cheeseburger

What the fuck
>>
Because they want to make more money.
>>
>>340514963
So that people keep feeding them money to continue using the market

every cent valve takes from even the smallest market sales will eventually need to be fed back to valve by a user to make up the difference
>>
>>340514963
They are providing the platform, retard.

Valve handles:
- Payment API / processing / anti-fraud / back end systems
- Market hosting / support
- Inventory / trading / security

That's among the other stuff the developer is receiving for the initial 30% cut, such as access to the Steam userbase via the storefront, bandwidth, account management, etc.
>>
>>340514963
You are free to use a third party website and sell your items there before using trade to give them to your client.
>>
>>340514963
It's a genius system really. I wonder who came up with this - a literal mastermind

They manage to get money from you playing the game without you actually paying any money. No wonder Valve is rolling in the dough
>>
>>340518021
>buy retarded trading cards for nothing but to show off pixels
>wow they made money such jews

I don't like the idea of trading cards but it's the consumers fault for buying into it
>>
>>340514963
because without steam nobody would have given ur shitty cosmetic a single cent
>>
>>340518704
Who are you trying to quote?
>>
>>340518875
the satire
>>
>>340519239
My post was entirely unironic.
>>
>>340515760
This, its why a lot of places won't take credit cards. Its not free it actually costs quite a bit of money to handle the processing fees and to pass the security auditing. That's why the online stores are all incredibly consistent in the 30% figure.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.