[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tfw you'll never ever be as hyped for any video game as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
Tfw you'll never ever be as hyped for any video game as the countdown to this alright game's release
>>
I'll never allow myself to be hyped for anything again after this, shit got me good.
>>
>>340499140
I figured that the advertisements were lying to us, but I couldn't have guessed that it would be finished.
>>
>>340499140
get ready for Kojima's next game :^)
>>
The first and the last game i pre-ordered
Fuck you, Kojima
>>
>>340499140
I played this game high as a fucking kite and it was the first metal gear game i played since mgs on the playstation, i was not prepared for that intro, man, i was not fucking prepared at all.
>>
>>340499667
I won't care until I see gameplay, and even then I won't get it until I hear some general thoughts after it gets released. Kojima has lost all of my trust.
>>
File: FSVUyQQ.jpg (44 KB, 480x570) Image search: [Google]
FSVUyQQ.jpg
44 KB, 480x570
Anon how many times in total did you watch the trailers? Be honest
>>
Let's be honest, regardless of how the final product turned out, you can't deny it had some of the most incredible trailers ever made.
>>
What's next for Kojima? Will he direct a movie?
>>
>>340499802
Easily 40+ times, watched that Elegia trailer twice a day to contain my hype.
>>
>>340499667
I'll never stop cumming
>>
>>340499763
Did you get weirded out? I had to switch to a different game because I kept thinking "why the fuck am I playing this depressing ass shit?"
>>
>being hyped for any MGS after 4

How retarded are you
>>
>>340499802
20 times easy, best video game trailers of all time lad
>>
>>340500126
I was completely stunned, after the first few minutes i was just captivated...like a rabbit in headlights...i didnt know what to do or how to feel....I dont smoke before i know what im playing now...it shook me that hard.
>>
>>340499801
>i won't get it until /v/ tells me it's a good game
lmao
>>
>>340500331
>Implying I'd go to /v/
>>
>>340500273
Ya I feel u anon. I had the same thing but I bitched out. I went to play something more upbeat. I wish the rest of the game kept that intensity
>>
I can see why Kojima didnt want to make MGS games anymore, the community is the fucking worst

MGSV was literally one of the best TPS games of all time even with its flaws, and yet it gets hated on by the series 'fans' because it doesnt fit into some made up bullshit fanfic they convinced themselves existed and got upset when Kojima went a different way

If you hyped yourself up for something that disappointing you thats on you, not the game.
>>
File: 1343662285665.jpg (23 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1343662285665.jpg
23 KB, 232x197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltH1eWxZutE
>3 years worth of trailers (including ground zeroes) starting with this one
>all those amazing trailers that got you so pumped for the final product
>that disappointment when it ended up being an average game you played through once.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>340500523
It'll get praised eventually. Mgs2 got shit on endlessly on release.
>>
File: on to you.jpg (168 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
on to you.jpg
168 KB, 500x500
>>340500523
>literally one of the best TPS games of all time
>>
>>340500639
It's not the same. MGS2 had a lot going for it other than the twist that everyone hated. This game wasn't even finished.
>>
>>340499140
Can someone loop me in?
I'm not a huge Metal Gear fan.
>>
File: 1272110769118.jpg (12 KB, 469x359) Image search: [Google]
1272110769118.jpg
12 KB, 469x359
>tfw downloading the songs from the trailers has probably given you more overall enjoyment than the game itself did
>>
I'm pretty hype for the horror game Kojima's going to release
>>
>>340500820
people watched cool trailers and started writing beyond full retard levels of fanfiction detailing how they'd like the game to pan out

game comes out, great game overall, arguably unfinished, flawed

people don't complain, like they've complained with every single installment
>>
>>340500820
Most of the trailers were misleading from a story perspective, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, and the game was very clearly unfinished.
>>
>>340500820
Game had its ending cut and the story was shit. Trailers made the story sound better than it was.

Thats basically it.
>>
>>340500941
people complain, like they've complained with every single installment*
>>
File: Medic_MGS.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Medic_MGS.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
LOL
>>
>>340500926
Hes making an uncharted/the division game next
>>
>>340500523
I really want Kojima to take page out of Kamiya's book and start telling some of his "fans" to fuck off.
>>
>>340501037
I kind of liked the twist, to be honest
>>
>>340500986
The story wasn't even that bad though. It was basically about skull face and thwarting his plan. If anything it's the most straightforward mgs we've gotten.

I'm convinced old school fans are just mad cuz it doesn't have endless amounts of campy anime bullshit.
>>
>>340500941
No, people watched the trailer and expected the game to be about the things shown in the trailer.

The game was advertised as portraying a pivotal point in the series, concluding the character arc of one of its main characters and continuing what was set up in 3 and PW.

Instead it was about some random boring asshole doing mercenary work in the Soviet-Afghan War and some local African conflict and foiling a plan to destroy the english language in the rare occasions the game remembers that it was meant to have an overarching story while the only aspects meaningful to the series as a whole are elaborated in dull audiotapes.
>>
>>340501138
I didn't mind the twist, but the game had nothing else going for it to support it. They had so much opportunity to make the game meaningful relative to the main storyline and include backstories of characters introduced in MGS3 to wrap the timeline back to the present completely, it could have delved more into les enfant terible project instead of just going "lol this kid is liquid, XD!". The game could be removed from the series and nothing would be affected story wise. They had so much opportunity to make a huge impact on the MGS universe and they blew it. Also, way too much of the good parts of the story is delivered through cassettes and the cutscenes are wasted on a huge amount of non-important story.

Also, Ocelot was nothing like he was in any of the other games, it was complete bullshit. It was Kojima's desire to make a movie instead of a video game along with the fact he took way too long and too much money to do so so they cut him short and it was garbage.
>>
>>340501405
>I incorrectly made the assumption based on nothing but my own fanfic hype that the game was advertised as portraying a pivotal point in the series, concluding the character arc of one of its main characters and continuing what was set up in 3 and PW.
Fixed that for you
>>
>>340500639
No it didn't.
>>
>>340501507
Why would you want more of the overarching mgs plot when peace walker and mgs 4 were such garbage? The best thing V did was go its own route and give a new snake a chance to shine while still having him loosely connect to the story. Solid and big bosses canon should have ended at 3. 2 should have ended vaguely. Peace walker was the start of the end and 4 just crawled out of its grave and shit all over the tombstone
>>
>>340501591
dude kojima got fucking death threats for the raiden thing, mgs2 was not well received

before 4 came out everyone on /v/ would say 3 was great 2 was shit and 1 is cool
>>
>>340501591
Yes it did, it was being shat on endlessly when everyone realized snake wasn't the character in chapter 2.
>>
>>340501507
I thought it would have been cool if we did eventually move into the real Outer Heaven. Maybe Big Boss gives it to the Diamond Dogs before he moves to Zanzibar Land or something.

The twist would have been better if we stumbled across the tape, or it was delivered to you while in Outer Heaven. Then the game could have ended with Solid Snake infiltrating the fortress.

But instead, they just made us repeat the first mission, with tutorials still on, to trigger a new cut scene.
>>
>>340500941
I just thought the game would be good and was disappointing it wasn't. After 4 I really couldn't have given a shit about the story.
>>
>>340501507
>They had so much opportunity to make the game meaningful relative to the main storyline

>explained why "big boss" dies twice, the biggest clusterfuck of the series that was previously written off as being a contradiction born out of not knowing there'd be more games in the future
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
PW>MGS>MGS3>MGSV>MGS2>MGS4

PW is high up there because I was going through a rough time and grinding and getting lost in building mother base got me out of a lot of bad times, I loved the themes, the setting, the atmosphere, the designs,and of course the cassetes. It's my favourite monster hunter game.
>>
>>340501923
They should have explained how Big Boss took at least a dozen missiles to the face without dying too.
>>
>>340501923
MG1 has a post-credits radio call of Big Boss saying he didn't die and will get back at Snake and MG2 has one of the characters tell a rumor that Big Boss was rebuilt as a cyborg after Outer Heaven blew up. It didn't need any explaining.
>>
let me remind you that a legitimate fan hype theory prior to release was that chico was quiet

these are the kind of people you are dealing with when you read posts that claim MGSV is shit
>>
>>340502070
Fuck you, peace walker is what started all this tactical espionage operations garbage as made the game stop being what it was. Anybody that likes peace walker can lick my asshole
>>
I played the first half of the game, then stopped.

I had the whole medic = boss thing spoiled on me.

Should I even bother with the second chapter?
>>
9 months later and I still don't know why they stuck with the PSP-style mission selection gameplay from PW whilst also making two large open-world areas and expected them to mesh well together.
>>
>>340502132
>It didn't need any explaining.
neither did les enfants terribles, and yet here it is in this post>>340501507
>>
>>340502070
PW will always be the MGS I had the most fun with, it's not the best but It is definitely the most fun.
>>
>>340501923
>implying anyone gave a shit about that before this game came out

People have survived worse in this series and it's explanation is in typically Kojima form of asking more questions than it answers. Like why did he not have a horn in the original Metal Gear? What were his motivations? Why does he try to kill you? Why doesn't he try to tell you the truth?
>>
>>340502207
Shining Lights mission is one of the best moments in any MGS game.
>>
>>340502350
Let's hear the fanfiction you wanted in detail then. Fucking armchair writers, I swear to god
>>
>>340502279
Well it's not in this post>>340502219
>>
>>340502070
Tfw you'll never spend hours online with MGS bros farming tanks and ai, I'll always cherish the memories.
>>
>>340502418
What are you talking about? I'm not a chef, does that mean I can't tell when I'm eating shit?
>>
File: Capturar.jpg (11 KB, 310x53) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.jpg
11 KB, 310x53
Ok which one of you dicks did this?
>>
>>340500587
>all those amazing trailers that got you so pumped for the final product

All of those scenes from the Nuclear trailer, they were just random "rewards" for returning to Mother Base that had nothing to do with the game.
>>
>>340502541
Cool. That's what I thought.
>>
>>340499802
I still watch them, reminding myself every day of what could have been but never will be.

Thanks Kojima.
>>
>all these people complaining about the game being unfinished
>don't realize that it's Kojima giving you a phantom pain of your own

top kek, do you even ruse
>>
>>340500717
Underrated post tbqhf
>>
>>340502802
I know you're shitposting but people actually believe that. Kojima releases something unfinished and people say it was intentional
>>
>>340503080
>he doesn't believe it
>he got rused by Kojima
didju rike it?
>>
>>340502674
That's not an argument.
>>
>>340503261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Jwm5jsoWU
>>
>>340502360
it's really not that impressive, you're just shooting some npc's
>>
>>340499801
Lmao, literal cuck. Ky my man
>>
>this game made people stop trusting Kojima instead of Konami
Get your shit straight
>>
File: baak.png (342 KB, 841x423) Image search: [Google]
baak.png
342 KB, 841x423
>>340501560
Not him but
>>
>>340504648
This, MGS4 made me stop trusting Kojima.
>>
>>340504648
Konami simply forced Kojima to release a game that was missing a few extra missions.
They're fucking assholes due to how they treated everyone involved.

But Kojima, if you go back to day 1 of TPP news, and just go through all of it, there's no sign that this game was anything more than we got. He even said the game was going to be more like a Television show than a Movie.
>>
File: sfv.png (4 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
sfv.png
4 MB, 2000x1125
>>340499140
>tfw more hyped for this release than anything I remember
>already planned on playing it for years as my main game
>already registered at a bunch of tournaments preemptively
>tfw Capcom managed to completely kill my interest in less than four months

McFucking kill me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVxPAiB7as

This particular trailer really messes me up. I thought we would be getting a MGS2 tier take on modern society.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.