[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the ash has settled, what do you honestly think of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 22
File: Box-Dark-Souls-III.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Box-Dark-Souls-III.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
So now that the ash has settled, what do you honestly think of this game?
>>
Meh
>>
>>340482627
I found it to be a well done send off to the series, even if it was Dark Souls: Fumoffu.
>>
>>340482627
people shouldnt be able to summon when they are invaded
every host almost always runs to bonfire and summons phantoms untill they kill you
>>
>>340484038

I get their health down and stand at the bonfire while throwing hunters charms at them, eventually they'll try to run in to summon and you can finish them
>>
>>340484038
Think of it like tower wars, heh.
>>
>>340482627

It lacks the replayability the first had and the fun pvp the second had
>>
>>340482627
10/10 game of the year
>>
>>340482627
It's alright.
>>
Bad
Dark souls1>Bloodborne>Demon's souls>>>>>>Dark souls 2>Dark souls 3
>>
DeS=DaS=BB>DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>340482627

for PvP I don't know if there is a port forwarding trick or what, but the hitboxes are out of control.

I can't hit someone even when my weapon makes contact, and they hit me when swinging at the spot I was at like 2 seconds ago. I have a good desktop and a wired connection.

When I see PvP'ers on youtube their shit works 1000x better than mine
>>
I love it. Just like other Souls games.

I couldn't really put one above the others. I've had so much fun playing these games.
>>
2nd favorite souls, will likely become my favorite when both dlc's are out.
>>
File: 1463854468211.png (97 KB, 325x358) Image search: [Google]
1463854468211.png
97 KB, 325x358
Short, linear, a lot of fanservice, a lot of forgetable bosses
Meh
I'm hyped for the dlc btw
>>
It's fun, but I didn't like that it's much more linear than the first one.

PvP is probably the worst ever, but I don't care much for it in Souls games.
>>
>>340482627
Honestly enjoyed it. Not my favorite Souls game but it was a good send off to the series. Will definitely be getting the DLCs
>>
>>340484372
Hit the nail on the head. /thread
Also how they are choosing to handle poise is rage inducing.
>>
File: shiiiiit.jpg (361 KB, 920x1403) Image search: [Google]
shiiiiit.jpg
361 KB, 920x1403
>>340484678
The DLC will be better than the whole game and you won't leave the DLC areas. Like all of Souls games.
>>
Boring, absolutely ZERO replay ability, played for 70 hours and quit, I even played dark souls 2 much longer and that game was even worse so that's pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>340484372
>fun pvp the second had

Yeah I sure did love soul memory.
>>
Better campaign than Dark Souls 2 but worse than Dark Souls
Worst PvP in the entire series, somehow managed to make it significantly worse after DS2 nearly made it perfect
Covenants are also the worst in the series
Weapon diversity and hitboxes are shit
Armor is worthless
Honestly I'd say it's the worst in the series it feel unfinished and some of the shit in this just makes you wonder what the fuck happened during QA
>>
>>340484912

soul memory isn't pvp anon
>>
>>340482627
Im starting to get annoyed by pvp. I got invaded three times in less than 10 minutes.
The people were shit but holy fuck it was getting annoying
>>
>>340484912

>player versus player
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWOuLjU_M2Y
>>
>>340484963

agreed on armor, the differences between sets are hard to notice, you can't upgrade it either.

Also with weapons, the stat scaling increases using those stones is a good idea, but shitty that you can only do it once. Also stat scaling increases don't happen through normal upgrades. I'm having a hard time finding a Dex weapon with over a B scaling, even after upgrading.
>>
>>340484372
yeah, have to agree with this.

Will admit the series as a whole is kinda losing it's luster for me, i've put too many hours into all of the games and the magic has worn off. I can barely tolerate post OnS in 1. Can't load up 2 anymore. Played 3 like 3-4 times and have 0 interest. BB is still sorta okay to me atm.

doesn't feel good, anons.
>>
>>340485042
>>340485231
I was under the impression soul memory also affects invasion, what am I missing?
>>
>>340485278
You think that's bad? There's 10 Ultra Greatswords only 1 has higher than C scaling in Str 6 of the ULTRA Greatswords have equal or higher scaling in Dex than strength
>>
DaS2>DaS3 is all the areas that are fun and count to me
Like weapon variety
Level variety
Bell tower invasion
>>
>>340485550

good so it's not only me then. Maybe they're waiting to roll out the A's and S's in DLC :^)
>>
>>340484372
>fun pvp the 2nd had
Yeah where everyone used the flavor of the month broken build and there was no balance thanks to soul memory
fuck off, DaS2 was garbage in every way.
>>
>>340485692
>flavor of the month broken build

That's called meta, and DaSIII also has it.
>>
Inferior game to bloodborne but still good. On par with ds2
>>
>>340485692
You never pvpd in Dark Souls 2
>>
Every fucking time I see the box art I think the dude's giving a thumbs up for a sec and I immediately think of him saying "VERY GOOD" like the fucking rocks you can throw

Also I've never played a single one of these games
>>
>>340485924
it really does look like he's giving a thumbs up

these are well designed, engaging games. You should try them out sometime
>>
>>340482627
great game bumped down to only good game because it is so short in comparison to every other game in the series. If dlc doesn't add the same amount of content as dark souls 2, then it will be the worst game in the series.
>>
Not good enough for multiple playthroughs.

But I do appreciate how fast everything feels now. I booted up SOTFS again the other day because of curiosity, and wow after playijg 3 it feels like im wading through jello in 2.

Even still, 2 offers a more interesting world to wade through, jello or not. 3 is quite boring. Ive still played through the whole game 5 times so dont think im just shitposting or falseflagging. Im honestly hurt and disappointed I couldn't escape into this world more. This game has forced me to start 2 again.
>>
>>340486621
Why not replay bloodborne? I temporarily quit 2 after being repeatedly anally obliterated by frozen deer and losing the ridiculous boss fight after my fucking sword broke in the middle of it after killing the first tiger
>>
>>340484372
That is just a lie, the weapons give enough variety for multiple runs even for a veteran like myself that has clocked in over 4000 hours in souls games. who has
>>
got bored and dropped it shortly after anor londo

it was meh

I'm glad they're stopping with these games, at least for a while.
>>
>>340482627
zzzzz...
>>
>>340484038
>months later invaders are STILL crying
>>
File: 1464046577003.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1464046577003.png
159 KB, 289x289
Really loved and enjoyed the PvE, done some challenge runs and stuff, my only problem is how linear it can be
PvP is really boring though, invasions are fucked, covenants are the worst in the series and honor duels can get boring fast

It's alright, they seem to be taking their time with the DLCs so I hope they're good
>>
>>340487883
>bleak af description
>"its alright"
>"pray for the dlc"

To be real, fampai, what makes some of you so sure that this game will get any help at all from the DLC?
>>
>>340488529
>what makes some of you so sure that this game will get any help at all from the DLC?

Not the same guy but as history show us DLC is always the best part of Souls games, with the exception of Demon's Souls which didn't have DLC anyway. DLC is what saved DaS2 for me.
>>
>>340483629
>even if it was Dark Souls: Fumoffu.

and how is this a bad thing?
>>
Poise design ruined the game.

Thanks From. Won't even admit your mistakes that you added a value that does LITERALLY NOTHING and makes the game an r2 pokefest.
>>
>>340484372

>Opinions

And whoever agrees is a fucking DS2 cuck who can't get the DLC's out of their mouth.
>>
>>340489652
>Poise design ruined the game

It literally only affects PvP, how does it ruin the game in any way?
>>
File: 1464749913456.jpg (60 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464749913456.jpg
60 KB, 480x480
>>340482627
I found it to be a far greater tribute to the MGS series than DS.
>>
>>340487296
Months later the people who keep souls games going for longer than their life span are mad because FROM decided to fuck us over in every way possible in favor of new players more like. lol those faggots rite.
>>
>>340482627
DLC when
>>
>>340489725
It's fucking dumb to see my character in full havels get stunned like a bitch by a hollow knight with a fucking broken sword, and he lets out grunt like a little bitch. Sad!
>>
>>340482627
It had great level design, and great bosses. Final boss is the perfect sendoff for the series. It felt like a greatest hits compilation, so it suffered just a bit from lack of cohesion, but overall the improved combat mixed so well with the stellar level design so I'd rank it very high within the series. I enjoyed Bloodborne more, personally, especially with Old Hunters. I can't wait to see DaS3 finished with its DLC since those have historically been the best parts of their respective games.
>>
How could they fuck up so many things?

Covenants are trash like always, for instance. But this time, they have two covenants that are THE EXACT FUCKING SAME.
>>
>>340485436
SM just mean's "ya gotta waste a ring slot if you really, really want to PvP a lot."
Agape ring, yo.
>>
File: 20160416154154_1.jpg (543 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160416154154_1.jpg
543 KB, 1920x1080
>>340484372
>It lacks the replayability the first had

I feel like this is probably true. I did a STR build and a DEX/FTH build and I feel it might start to lose its luster for me. I'd still like to roll some challenge runs and shit like pure magic but I don;'t think it'll last as long as DaS1 did for me.

>the fun pvp the second had
I have been enjoying the fuck out of the pvp, it might not be as good as DaS heyday but god damn is it nice to play a souls game on release.
>>
>>340489725
>Offensive Miracles
>60 FTH softcap
>essentially a glass cannon
>have to be really fucking close for the 2nd hitbox on lightning spears
>can be attacked out of casts
>tailsmans increase cast poise isn't enough
>Emit force gets nerfed in size
>Wrath of the Gods is fucking shit now
This is why poise should be in the game. For whatever reason they thought LS would be a good close range spell. I'd be fine with that, if poise actually factored in, so you could trade, rather than knocked out of the cast and potentially killed. With the damage of miracles being ridiculously low (to stop hybrids they say), you have to invest heavily into Faith to see any effects. Problem is that you give up everything else for the 20 extra points over 40.

Combine that with no poise, trying to get enough FP to cast (plus slots, faster casting ring, miracle dmg rings) you're going to skimp on health and stamina. You're probably not going to have decent armor, because you'll barely be able to wear it. Have fun dying.
>>
>>340484372
This.
>>
>>340482627

The general consensus among all the gaming community is that Dark Souls 2 is the superior games, only immature contratians like DS3 which is nothing more than a cheap rehash with no innovation or anything noteworthy.
>>
>>340484884
Dassabesso, jussachillanfawkin
>>
>>340494473
>The general consensus among all the gaming community is that Dark Souls 2 is the superior games
The general consensus is that Dark Souls 2 is vastly inferior to all the other souls game. It's not even a contest. DS2 is shit.
>>
>>340494736

>hurr durr I watch le Matthematosis autistic video and muh retarded and worthless opinion is right

Fuck off.
>>
>>340482627
Honestly it's VERY high up on the list compared even to dark souls 1.

The consistency in quality of the levels and bosses is amazing.

Only problems I have

>poise sucks
>invasions always ganks
>covenants not working
>miracles and magic nerfed to hell

But aside from that? Godamn I love the game. It fixed dark souls problem with spells by adding the mana bar from demon souls
fixing covenants by allowing you to switch on the fly
fixing combat by making it nice and fast while also removing adp and fixing hotboxes from enemies

Theres so much to list but I really love it, despite the flaws it has it is consistent and varied while making the game a nice homage to the older games.

Literally dark souls : Greatest hits and I don't mind it at all.
>>
I fucking loved it but I only played through each souls game once except DS1 I did twice. I think /v/ just burnt themselves out on souls after playing them 100 times so they were disappointed.
>>
>>340494857
>Immediately jumps to Matthematosis
Who the fuck said anything about him?
It's honestly the vast majority opinion that DS2 is not as good as the other games. Most people like DS3 too, especially if you look outside /v/.
Are you a DS2 apologist or something?
>>
>>340482627
It was clearly better than the shitstorm failure of DS2 and not quite on the level of DS1. Overall a good send off to the series (pls don't make anymore) but the first one couldn't be replicated.
>>
>>340494473
>general consensus
source?
>>
>>340495065
>vast majority
DS2 had its flaws, but it at least attempted to improve in areas

>2 types of dark magic
>INT/FTH scaling
>weapons that cast magic/miracles
>actual weapon animations
>varied armor types
there was only a few problems with the game, although they were huge glaring problems. That only happened because they had to start development over after the initial version was shit.
>>
>>340495065

Every autistic retard hates Dark Souls 2 because of that retard.

He nitpicked the fuck out of the game and idiots like you only repeat his crap.
>>
>>340495307
>two types of dark magic
thats not a good idea and you know it.
>>
>>340484520
wow wtf

>>340484585
this is a little better, but still wrong

DeS>BB=DaS=DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>340495367
soul memory may be the worst feature ever added midway into a series, how can that be defended?
>>
>>340482627
They fixed what Dark Souls 2 fucked up, but then fucked up stuff they already did right 4 years ago
>>
>>340495501

Dark Souls 3 had... NOTHING because it was a cheap rehash, how can that be defended?
>>
>>340482627
Its a great game, but it has major issues that have made me reluctant to replay it. Its been like a month since I actually played it through.

Its just the same crusty old souls game with barely anything new. It does the same old things even down to the fucking lore, it just feels boring. Going into it after Bloodborne I can't help but feel disappointed.

I hope the DLC can fix things, but I don't think it will. The flaws of the game go further than just content.
>>
File: 1458367833732.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458367833732.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>340482627
I still haven't finished NG+ and am eagerly waiting for the DLC as I play, it's fun.
>>
>>340495597
what did you want to be added to DS3 that didn't happen that made you so autistic? There is literally nothing wrong with DS3. "innovation" for the sake of it doesn't make a game good.
>>
>>340495367
No, we don't like DS2 because it sucks. A lot of people were complaining about it way before that video. Besides he didn't even hate it, he said in the video he still thinks it's a good game.
>>340495307
>there were only a few problems with the game
No, there were a lot. It was a huge step down in almost every way. The combat is way worse, the level design sucks, the enemy placement is bad, animations are worse, NPCs and lore is worse, and enemy (especially boss design) is way worse. I've heard a lot of people say that it took some steps forward and some steps back but I really don't see it; besides powerstancing, more ring slots, and more magic it did everything worse.
Well I guess it made caestus good too which was fun.
>>
>>340495807

>"innovation" for the sake of it doesn't make a game good.

This is the most retarded post in /v/, you fucking neo/v/ piece of worthless shit.

>>340495864

> A lot of people were complaining about it way before that video.

Bullshit, /v/ loved it.
>>
>>340495994
how does adding in a feature like soul memory, which actively breaks the game in the long run equal a good addition? are you brain dead?
>>
>>340495994
>Bullshit, /v/ loved it
No. People liked it but they had a lot of complaints with it. I was in those threads when the console version dropped man, and people had their complaints even then. It took a bit because a lot of people were trying their best to like it but we all knew deep down it was really disappointing
>>
>>340496107

Better than a cheap rehash, cancer.

>>340496139

BULL FUCKING SHIT.
>>
>>340496285
>Better than a cheap rehash, cancer.
oh thats right, you don't know how to defend it because its shit, why didn't you just admit that?
>>
>>340496386

You're an aborted piece of shit, why didn't you just admit that?

You're nothing more than a piece of shit contrarian that sucks the dick of a fucking retarded autist.
>>
File: 1430349713245.jpg (11 KB, 283x302) Image search: [Google]
1430349713245.jpg
11 KB, 283x302
>>340496285
I gotta ask: why the fuck are you defending DS2 so adamantly? Where do you people come from? We all know it's a disappointing mess; do you just get off from being a contrarian? Dark Souls 2 fanboys really confuse the hell out of me; out of all the games to vehemently defend, why this one that's clearly inferior to the rest of the series in like every single way possible?
>>
>>340495432
>Resonant scales on souls
sounds good to me. Problem is that it doesn't scale any higher than basic hexes. What they should have done was make Resonant skills have a higher cost, and do greater damage. The trade off is the stat investment and souls.

>>340495864
>made the caestus good
that's part of the animations. None of them were just canned bullshit that 1/2 have. Why do you think nobody actually uses the caestus for damage like they did in 2? Hell, most weapons aren't even used because they went back to old animations, sped them up, but didn't adjust damage. Spears didn't even get a speed increase, so they're slower than they should be.
>>
>>340496509

>says the retard that likes Dark Souls 3

Kill yourself, piece of shit.
>>
>>340496468
i've legit never watched any of the videos of that YTer because i actually play games. Also, great comeback, DS3>DS2 by far. Just take a chill pill and stop getting mad at people on the internet sport.
>>
>>340496590
Seriously, why? Why whiteknight DS2? I just can't understand.
Maybe DS2 fanboys are just an elaborate group of trolls. The fact that you resort to dumb insults in every post is sure making me wonder...
Also I haven't even played DS3 but just from watching footage of it I know it's vastly superior solely from the fact you can actually fucking cancel your cooldown animations again so combat isn't slow and tedious as fuck.
>>
>Quality Build Run (covers both STR and DEX run)
>Luck Build Run (Anri, Hollow, and Bleed)
>Magic Build Run
>Faith Build Run

And that's about it. Shitty game.
>>
File: 1464492046105.jpg (167 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464492046105.jpg
167 KB, 400x400
>>340482627
I thought this was the best game in the series. But after I played it for about 300+ hours I honestly think this is the worst entry in the series.
The game is not fun to replay for some reason. Feels like they tried to copy paste dark souls 1 stuff with bloodborne like mechanics and it just doesnt work at all. PvP is lacking a lot. Honestly when I compare to dark souls 2 it feels actually worse. I was able to do multiple playthoughs and have fun, and pvp was so much better besides the shockwaves.
I think from just tried too hard to be dark souls 1 bloodborne hybrid. Theres also a lot of mechanics from 2 which were really good but were left out in 3. Also the covenants are pretty bad I don't think I need to explain that. Maybe the DLCs will fix some stuff, but from just the base game, I think it is the worst entry in the series, and I didn't think I would ever be saying this, but even 2 is better.
>>
>>340497334
It isn't fun to replay because the first 3 hours are quite boring.
The only way to make that interesting is to do Dancer early but then it turns into a huge grind

Its the same with DS2, the game starts getting fun 10 hours or so in because the starting areas, weapons and armors suck dick.
>>
>Do dex/faith just like I did in DaS1
>having fun
>got the darkmoon bow and set my character up to use it just like dark souls 1
>its an int weapon
I had NO problems with the game until THIS HAPPENED. My favorite weapon from 1 is ruined.
>>
>>340492116
Literally would've been fine with a blue eye orb. Sin is literally pointless now
>>
>>340494269
What's wrong with hybrids even? Making it so hybrids aren't a thing just reduces build variety.
>>
>>340497042
This
Only reason to make a new character is to use a new weapon you ran out of materials for.
>>
File: 1258753022881.jpg (16 KB, 302x318) Image search: [Google]
1258753022881.jpg
16 KB, 302x318
>>340497671
>that weapon that had the high faith requirement but scaled with INT
>Morne's Hammer requiring 30 FAI but not scaling with it at all
>all Pyro weapons having completely trash scaling with INT and FAI
>almost every weapon in the game never breaks past C scaling
I just don't fucking get it.
>>
>>340482627
Not enough level design variety
Why would you even bring back blighttown AGAIN
No reason to replay it since balance has gone to shit by making the enemies come out of Bloodborne with the weapons remaining Dark Souls balanced
Literally no new content on ng+ except rings so no reason to replay. Not even that interested in the other endings

That being said I liked it more than 2
>>
>>340498796
Excepting that DS2 was plagued with full havel magic caster, something that should be forbidden.
I hate minmaxing faggots so much.
>>
>>340498796
don't ask me, ask From. They wanted the game this way.
>>
>>340497042
Why not trying different weapons and sticking to them? Do you think that people played the caestus on DS1 because they were viable? Why do you think that people play on SL1?

Bow is now the most viable it has ever been for example. You can totally play with the bow only from start to end, something that was moronic and difficult to pull off in previous games.
>>
it's alright, but needs improvement.
>>
>>340499770
>most viable now
>does far less damage than it did in 1
>>
>>340482627
It was alright, but in comparison with DaS1 it was considerably easier. They threw bonfires at you like skittles and since I haven't played as a mage/pyro/miracle(is it worth doing?) I felt like they were overgenerous with the 15+11 Estus Flask.

Let's hope they continue the tradition of making dlc that improves the game like the rest have.
>>
i hate how in dark souls 3 there is nothing new in ng+. But then again they only had one year to develop the game.no wonder they recycled
>>
>>340496509

>why defend a game that you like that I don't like
wew
>>
>>340500179
>mage
>60 INT softcap
>decent spells
maybe
>cleric
>60 FTH softcap
>GLS or SLS
no
>pyro
>easiest of the 3
yes
>>
Lack of poise is bizarre because the stat is still in the game. Before you sperg out on me, think about how this shit looks to players:

>Skinny undead dogs with barely any skin get INFINITE POISE when they backdash, but your dude in solid plate armor can't tank a single one-handed dagger hit

And that "guaranteed two hits" shit in PvP gets old real fast. Don't tell me armor does something, and then have it do fucking nothing. Should've gone like Demon's Souls and not include that fucking stat to begin with and fill the game with lighter armor.
>>
>>340500361
Might have to try a pyro if only to see if the game is harder if one evenly splits the two estus flasks.
>>
>>340500510
well heavier armor does still absorb damage. Problem is that since you're staggered, it makes heavier armor fucking pointless. You'll take more damage since you can't roll as far, or as often.

In my opinion they should just put poise back into the game, but adjust armor weights and poise for each piece. That way if you wear heavier armor, you have to invest more to wear it, but you get more benefit. Would be great for sub-100/120 builds. After that...it'll be just like how it was before. Can't really stop that though.
>>
>>340500510
Poise was always bullshit anyway because it's not like you couldn't wear heavy armor and still get fast rolls no problem
>>
>>340499502
Ya but why can't I have a dex/faith build? Weapons like the Dragon Slayer Spear are built for it, but no, ya gotta have like 50 or 60 faith for it to be practical. Fucking Bloodborne had more build variety, and that's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>340500786
Damage is percentual so heavier armor is only a burden
>>
File: 1439331250372.jpg (95 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
1439331250372.jpg
95 KB, 680x989
>>340484963
Holy shit man, calm down
>>
File: 1215663908220.png (97 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
1215663908220.png
97 KB, 450x333
>>340500361
>all the lightning Miracles are utter shit and require you to be right in front of something to do any damage
>>
>>340490051

You're the one sounding like a faggot here, anon.

Do you honestly think you deserve any credit for playing the game? Like, do you think you're entitled to anything?
>>
>>340500993
How can it be bait if it's at least somewhat agreeable?
>>
>not just tying roll speed to armor being worn
Then we could have Heavy Armor that actually fucking blocks damage and doesn't let a bunch of rats chain stagger me infinitely.
>>
>>340484963
Agree with you on most but fuck pvpfags desu and it's not the worst in the series it's the second best
>>
File: 1461908923572.gif (3 MB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1461908923572.gif
3 MB, 160x160
It was great but the pacing of it all is wrong, makes doing second runs not as great as the first one.
>>
File: 1439703606489.jpg (30 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1439703606489.jpg
30 KB, 848x480
>>340501147
Because it is all wrong.
It has the BEST hitboxes of the series

Worst covenants is fucking BB, with it's whopping 3 covs that mean literally nothing.

2nd best PvP, only behind DS2 even if Soul Memory fucked with DS2 (mechanically DS2 was the best.)

Weapon diversity > DS1, DeS, and to a degree BB

Armor is worthless, only true point but Souls have always been about fashion first unless you are a huge raging faggot.

Then he goes off and says it feels unfinished, when literally EVERY Souls game is unfinished to some regard. He is just baiting, but here is your (You) anyway
>>
>>340501090
That's honestly what kills it for me
>poise doesn't fucking exist
>have to get close for 2nd hitbox of spears
>unfaltering prayer wiffs even though the FP cost goes up
>get staggered out of cast
>low vigor because 60FTH
>die
>repeat
>feel like wanting to uninstall
>gf barely manages me to stop me
and that's only because we play coop. If we didn't, i'd be done with this game. All I wanted was my paladin type characters that I've done before. 40 Faith and a decent weapon and i was happy. Even made a "dark" paladin on ds2 with 2 Maces of the Insolent. Having chimes that were essentially weapons with low stat requirements and decent scaling (even though Int and Fth were like D and E) were fucking ridiculous. Shame it isn't in 3, and if it was, it would be nerfed to shit due to scaling ingame.
>>
>>340482627
10/10

Waiting for the dee el see
>>
I loved it, but I found myself getting a bit burned out around 200ish hours. Went back to Bloodborne for the better PVP (in my opinion, primarily because you can punish heals far more effectively and I enjoyed the weapon balance more) and more endgame content.

I'm sure the DLC will be fantastic, I just don't really know what else to do. Quality is king at higher levels, and I've already made one of all the builds I was curious about.
>>
It was good, but should have been better considering its the 3rd one. They should have learned how to make good covenants by now.
>>
I love every single aspect of it except that I can't seem to find a single build for PvE that's not heavy broadsword +10 and feel like I'm progressing the game without gimping myself doing shit damage or not beingable to do damage at all
>>
It's a good game in terms of "hit button, things happen" kind of fun, but is lacking in replay value. Pvp is a fucking mess. Bosses are boring and don't feel very impressive. Level design was mostly decent but felt constricted in some places. Covenants are pants on head retarded in their design and execution. Too many throwbacks that ended up just raising a bunch of questions that will never get answered. Soggy my way through ng+2 and it just feel like such a goddamn chore doing all of this again.
>>
>>340502507
everything fucking works in Pve. Literally everything.
>>
>>340502705
Sure m8

>always liked Greatswords more
>Finally get enough stones to level up my gs to the point where my broadsword is
>Broadsword has better fucking scaling so it does the same fucking damage
>Can't even fucking use my gs because ALL enemies are Bloodborne mechanically, attacking 524524 times with 0.2 the windup I have to make with 0.3 second windows
>Try miracles
>It's even fucking worse. No fucking damage and no window to cast spells

Git gut amirite from did nothing wrong
>>
>>340502965
>>340502705
And btw vit gives you 1 (one) load point, heavy armour takes 5245 points to use and havel's ring is nerfed.

Doesn't really matter though because no poise and enemies deal in percentual damage so it's play bloodborne or fuck you
>>
>>340482627
Mandatory vote
http://www.strawpoll.me/10097196/
Mandatory vote
>>
Very good, not as good as Bloodborne, looking forward to the DLC.
>>
>>340502965
miracles actually do work in Pve. Problem is that they're fucking useless in Pvp unless you're in their face, and you can be knocked out of your cast. Refer to >>340501852

Went through the whole game with a Heavy Greataxe and 40/50 strength. Does some of the highest single hit damage in the game. Never really had a problem with the slower attack speed. Its just a different playstyle that you have to get used to.

>>340503158
>vit gives 1 load
just means you have to invest more to get its gains. I've been able to use every armor except for Cathedral Knight Armor and Havel's, that shit is heavy as fuck.
>>
>>340496792
If you can't understand your worse off than people who defend the game just to troll
>>
Dark Souls never needed a sequel.

Game was alright though hope the DLC is good.
>>
>>340502705
Almost everything is viable in pve, most builds and setups are just absolute tedious slogs until mid/lategame, and quality reigns king at higer levels.

Also most weapon arts are lame as fuck.
>>
>>340503435
First of all I appreciate you commenting back with arguments and not going full chimp "git gut" mode so I'll continue this. I like to play sword , shield and heavy armour and tank. I wasn't able to do that on this game. Heavy armour weighted too much and gave nothing in return, shield took too much stamina, all bosses had infinite spam attacks that not only took all my stamina and left me open, but also took damage since almost all bosses also deal fire damage which my shield didn't block. It wasn't that I had a hard time with the game, but that I couldn't play as I wanted to. I switched from the playstyle I actually liked, to having to roll every single encounter and r1 spam in the tiny windows. Last bosses were a chore and I felt like the game forced me to play the game it told me to instead of the way I wanted to. I'll try again to build other stuff in the future , but I really got that impression in my playthtough
>>
>>340499149
>>Morne's Hammer requiring 30 FAI but not scaling with it at all
>letting quality fags have a Wrath of the Gods for free
>>
>>340495994
Wow you are stupid as hell
>>
>>340503916
>Saint Bident scales on Fth
>decide to bless it
>get red D on Faith
>technically gets worse
>base damage goes down
It might be the longest damn spear in the game, but its fucking useless. Bring back the Divine infusion from 1, it was actually a pretty good alternative. I don't need 3hp per 3 seconds or some shit, you'll never actually use it. You would be better off using the Sun Princess Ring, Replenishment and a Chime all at once.
>>
File: docgerbil.jpg (15 KB, 477x353) Image search: [Google]
docgerbil.jpg
15 KB, 477x353
>all of these people arguing that the straight-line, broken mess that is DaS3 is better because of fanservice and decent graphics
Some of the bosses are really fun, and the music is some of the best in the series, but it's currently the worst Dark Souls game, no question about it.
>>
>>340485042
Yes it is, it governs who you pvp with. It should be based on level not soul memory
>>
>>340504372
>he thinks blessed is the faith damage option
Lightning or dark man.
>>
>>340504615
>straight line
Most of the areas themselves are nonlinear enough to keep me interested. 2 might have had branching paths but all of the areas were pretty goddamn uninteresting and linear.
>>
>>340504682
well it would be if it were like Divine. It does everything else like Divine, but it trades workable damage scaling for useless hp regen. Divine is far superior in that regard.

>>340504742
2 was a giant X. 1 actually had variety.
>>
>>340482627

Pretty damn good.

It never quite hits the highs that Dark Souls did, but it absolutely never hits the lows of Dark Souls 2 either. There's some hints of unfinished ideas. They clearly started with an interconnected map in mind, but had to scrap that idea at some point. Probably the same point where they realized their idea for player defined bonfires wasn't going to work. Some of the level design is amazing. The worst still isn't bad, though. Some of the bosses are amazing, but in general they're lack in variety. PvP is different. More group based, which is fun, but gets old. It would have been nice if there was some way to ensure you get a 1v1.

Better than DaS2. Not quite as good as DaS. Probably on par with BB.
>>
>>340504742
True, but I like the freedom to choose where I go. DaS2 had some illusion of that, but the sequence breaking in DaS3 (if it can be called that )is a joke.
>pros
>get sunbro covenant early
>tons of upgrade materials
>early access to weapons like Warden's Twinblades, BKG and MLGS
>Prisoner's Chain

>Cons
>Miracles are nearly worthless
>thanks to weapon memory, getting upgrade materials early is counter-productive to real twinking
>most weapons you get require a ton of scaling ton be effective
>Prisoner's Chain (and most other good rings) suffer from the PvP problem of taking more damage/ generally not being effective

You may as well not bother, but let's hope the DLC changes that.
>>
>>340482627
Good music, some of the best boss fights, looks pretty.
Everything else is shit. From learned nothing.
Its not a good game
>>
Will NG+ cycles eventually match or surpass the difficulty of starting a new character when you just keep leveling?
>>
>>340504615
>straight line

Are we talking about Dark Souls 2 now? Anon, this thread is about Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>340505187
>can't twink
Really, faggot, this is a con to you?
>most weapons require scaling to be effective
Yeah, the weapons are designed around being upgraded with one of the scaling improving stones for physical damage.

Miracles being useless is genuinely tragic though, although miracle buffs are still the best around.
>>
>>340482627
I consider it be on the same level as DaS1 and BB.

DaS1 = BB = DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

it actually has some of the best level design in the series, lots of cool bosses and most importantly it feels good to play like DeS/DaS1/BB again.

I'm not the biggest fan of the linearity but the fact that we'll have two different DLCs (hopefully available relatively early like BB/DaS2 DLCs) should improve that.
>>
>>340505260
All I know is I've hit a pretty good point at which shit will kill me effortlessly at 120 on NG+3
>>
>>340482627
It was great.

I truly wish it was the last one though.
>>
>>340505187

>miracles are nearly worthless

I'm about 5 hours in with my planned str/miracles character. are you fucking telling me i'm wasting my time?
>>
>>340505457

It's essentially a melee build with access to some decent buffs. All your spells do garbage damage.
>>
>>340505457
Buffs are crazy good, but a lot of miracles are pointless. If you want to do proper damage, you need 60 faith.
>>
>>340484606
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6qa7aptE1Q
>>
>>340505457
Nah man. Miracles have the best weapon buffs and I guess you can heal yourself between encounters. Might do some good damage with faith-based weapon arts too.

Throwing lightning isn't that great but whatever.
>>
>>340482627
I burnt out of Souls games so hard after playing through this. Never wanna look at them again. Maybe in five years or something.
>>
>>340501675
>Armor is worthless, only true point but Souls have always been about fashion first unless you are a huge raging faggot
>Poise is bad
>Tank builds are bad
>Build variety is bad
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1439803653636.png (44 KB, 398x399) Image search: [Google]
1439803653636.png
44 KB, 398x399
>>340505660
I bet you have no idea how to ignore stagger, maybe you can google it though and find out and git gud.
>>
>>340505376
>Really, faggot, this is a con to you?
When most worlds you invade are at least a 2v1 where the host has twice the healing and the option to seed and infinitely summon, yes it's a problem.
The faggots that complained about twinking after DaS are responsible for all the major fuck-ups in the series since, like Soul Memory and Poise being practically worthless in DaS3.

And speaking of the weapons, I mean Warden Twinblade builds are designed around high luck and access to Carthus Rouge, making them unremarkable for early game, and MLGS needs a heavy investment in Int to worth it. The point is that sequence breaking is supposed to allow people who put the time into the game to make interesting builds quickly (tomorrow's global restart is going to be fun in that regard): in DaS3, the only bit of non-linear progression you can engage in actively denies you this because of how it's balanced against twinking. The other games had this, too, but you could work around it (like DaS2's dumb magic-infused MLGS)
>>
>>340505834
>tomorrows global restart
Wha?
>>
File: 1465045164288.jpg (37 KB, 839x468) Image search: [Google]
1465045164288.jpg
37 KB, 839x468
>>340505963
Swallow your pride and admit Reddit came through on this one
>>
File: pussy ass nigga.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pussy ass nigga.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>340505824
>Literally says that tank builds are bad, encouraging less variety
>Gets called out on it
>Devolves into typical "gitgud lele" fromdrone arguments
>>
>>340506171
Fromsoft is doing a solid, tank builds are boring and retarded, and so are you if you think otherwise.
>>
File: rip.jpg (251 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
251 KB, 1024x1024
>>340506229
>Fromsoft is doing a good job because in my subjective opinion tank builds are bad
>People who think otherwise shouldn't be allowed to enjoy them
>People who think otherwise are retarded
Wow dude, that's actually pretty depressing.
>>
>>340506229
>Havel appears in DaS3
>can be stunlocked by a broken straight sword
>has to cast Iron Flesh to be what he once was
But yeah, it's fine.
>>
>>340482627
fucking great game, I absolutely loved it
>>
>>340506407
Not as depressing as people who unironically play 'tank' builds.
>>
>>340506556
you've never walked through burg in full havels? you missed out. it makes you feel untouchable
>>
>>340482627
I love it to death.

It's no Dark Souls 1, but then, even Dark Souls 1 was barely that, at points.
>>
>>340506475

All dexfags cum at the thought of poise not working. They can just attack away with a toothpick and stagger every fucking thing with no consequence at all.

Don't you ever notice how the people against functional armor are usually a bunch of meta-following dexfags with katanas and rapiers?
>>
>>340506556
So what's the mechanical purpose of heavy armour and vit, then?
It's been proven that heavy armour isn't worth the stat investment for the defense it provides, and since poise exists only as an on/ off value that lets naked people use greatswords effectively, there is literally no reason to use heavy armour; Vit becomes a fashion stat. Which is bad fucking design.
>>
People always like to compare it to bloodborne and the other games saying shit like "no fight is as good as orphan"
Well if you're making that comparison the ashe hasn't settled, the DLC isn't finised
>>
>>340506620
Disgusting.
I'm a dexfag, usually, but it's plain as day that the game is fucked on a basic level without poise
>>
File: 1463978401241.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1463978401241.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
>>340506741
>>340506615
Ever take a moment to notice how Bloodborne is the best Soulsborne game and DOESN'T have tank? Checkmate, retards.
>>
>Gameplay (PVE)
BB = DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > DaS2

DaS3 has better gameplay vs standard enemies but Bloodborne has the best boss fights and gameplay regarding that by far. DaS2 has broken af hitbox. inb4 dumb meme webms with extreme cherry picked moments from the other games, whereas it's common fair in DaS2.

>World aesthetic/atmosphere/art style
DaS1 = BB > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

DaS3 was extremely disappointing in this regard. I hate its washed out look and disgusting colour palette, piss filter, etc. Many areas look like absolute eye cancer as well and even worse than DaS2 at times. Extremely unpolished game in many areas, I expected better from Miyazaki-San. BB is more intricately detailed than DaS1 and has an incredible world but DaS1 has much more variety of environments and is an all round majestic looking game even despite being 7th gen.

>Level design (layout, use of enemies, etc)
BB = DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

I never got the 'DaS1 is only good for the first half' meme. That's just stupid. Only crappy areas are Lost Izalith and Valley of the Drakes. Duke's Archives, New Londo Ruins, Crystal Caves, Catacombs, Tomb of the Giants are all excellent.

>Lore
BB > DaS1 > DeS 3 > DaS3 > DaS2

Depends on personal preference. Personally I hardly give a shit about lore but BB's world was easily the most interesting to me in this regard.

>Music
BB > DeS > DaS1 > DaS3 > DaS2

Yeah, even though DeS is midi while the others are real orchestra, it still sounds amazing and distinctive.

Overall

BB > DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

I didn't rank PVP because I only really played DeS and DaS1's PVP properly and haven't been able to play the others on account of living in a shitty third world country for a while so the internet sucks balls. PVP is obviously a huge part of the game though. Really feel like I've missed out on BB and DaS3 since I can't have the jam on the toast that is the PVP part of the game.
>>
>>340483629
So this is the last in the series then? I played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls a long time ago but haven't bought II and III yet so I was kinda waiting for them to be over before buying the others.
>>
>>340506859
dumb drakeposter
>>
>>340484963
>after DS2 nearly made it perfect
Ok you got me.
>>
>>340506859
Okay, that's three increasingly retarded bait posts in a row: you're not getting the benefit of the doubt anymore.
>>
>>340506882
>music
>DaS3 below DaS1
>>
>>340506859
but that's a completely different setting. why should a game with steel plate and chainmail armor and way heavier weapons not be able to withstand hits?
also
>soulsborne
>drake meme
>>
>>340506882
tl;dr
>>
>>340506980
forgettable music desu. all I remember is the title screen and original firelink shrine music.
>>
>>340507042
>forgettable
try twin princes, abyss watchers, pontiff and champion's ost. it's fucking god tier
>>
So how is PvP balancing in all souls games? I remember someone saying people who just farm their asses off for the best weapon enchantments can roll over same soul level people because it doesn't account for gear advantage.
>>
>>340507148
>PvP balancing
balance? what's that?
>>
>>340507148
Broken as hell in DaS, but in such a way that it could be either really fun, or really annoying.

Fairly well balanced in DaS2 by final patch, iirc.

Horrendous in DaS3 because of the SL120 meta, but it's necessary to allow mages to even compete. Weapon balance in DaS3 goes
>straightsword
>dexfaggotry/ hollow dex
>ultra weapons and boss weapons
>everything else is shit, or a class has one stand out weapon that makes using the others pointless
>broken straight sword
>...
>Greatlance
>Yorhka's Spear
>>
>>340507359
For me, it's something along the lines of acceptable room for the better player to consistently beat the opposition with the same tools available where certain tools of options don't overpower others too greatly so there's more than one viable route towards victory.
>>
>>340507483
you're gonna have to get a japanese translator and send that in a email to fromsoft
cause it sure as fuck is an unknown concept to them
>>
>>340482627
It was decent
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.