[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GameStop has the voucher codes in open cases. Those codes contain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (607 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
607 KB, 1536x1152
GameStop has the voucher codes in open cases.

Those codes contain access to the game and $60 worth of content. The disc is literally worthless.
>>
>>340481095
i don't believe you
>>
>>340481183

I went there. I opened the case. The voucher was inside it.
>>
>>340481095
I don't think it's that simple.

Like, I bought Dark Souls 3 two weeks ago. Had 3 discs and a Steam key. Puzzled why it needed a Steam key, but it seems that it's basically the Steam version of the game but instead of downloading the game I just install it from the discs instead. I needed the code to link the game to my Steam account to play it.
>>
>>340481339
Then someone working at that gamestop fucked up.
Policy is that those cases are empty. Its common knowledge.
>>
>>340481095
>>340481339
hey dumbass you do realize the voucher is invalid until its scanned right?
>>
>>340481602

It's a 12-character PSN code. It can't be scanned. All PSN codes are valid upon creation.
>>
>>340481854
You are literally retarded.
Go kill yourself.
>>
>>340481854
wrong, do some research before you start talking bullshit
>>
>>340481443

In Paragon's case, the disc isn't necessary and the code gives you access to the game. Epic employees have stated such.

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/forums/showthread.php?23599-EPIC-FAIL-GameStop-has-the-Essentials-Edition-vouchers-in-open-cases&p=135838&viewfull=1#post_135838
>>
>>340481950

The voucher literally cannot be scanned. It comes in a generic case which would otherwise be sealed. PSN vouchers have no connection to the specific case they're in, and no bar code. I could take a picture of any number of vouchers I have to demonstrate this.

That logic applies to most things (especially cards), but not this.
>>
>>340481095
They remove the codes in the cases out in the floor you fuckin retard
>>
>>340482312

Then why did I open a case and see the voucher inside it, with the code fully exposed on the back?
>>
This way you get your gamestop points if you care about that kind of thing. Between that and their credit card rewards it might be the most efficient way for you to get your games if you dgaf about reselling.
>>
>>340481095
>not posting pics for proof

is this your first day here?
>>
>>340482382
The people working at your local store are fucking morons I always make sure the workers I manage remove them because thats what were supposed to do to stop people taking them
>>
>Buy used game
>Game has a voucher to download a certain DLC, etc.
>Code was never used and it works

Fucking love that shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.