[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? and don't say it was forgetful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: rememberme.jpg (557 KB, 1387x1600) Image search: [Google]
rememberme.jpg
557 KB, 1387x1600
What went wrong?

and don't say it was forgetful
>>
I dont remember
>>
>>340475587
It wasn't forgetful.
It was forgettable.
>>
>>340475587
I don't remember.
>>
>>340475587
About what ?
>>
>>340475587
it didn't leave a lasting impressen
>>
unfinished and clunky fighting system
remixing was a nice concept, albeit not fully realized
wonky camera issues

decent game that could have used another 8 months of development to really bring it all together.
>>
>>340475906
pretty much this

the ass was fat, though
>>
>>340475587
Breasts too small.
Too much clothing.
>>
I don't know, I don't remember her
>>
>>340475587
I barely remember it.
No really.
>>
>>340475906
This. Good on Dontnod realizing the remix thing was cool but the combat was dragging the game down. Life is Strange was so good.
>>
>>340476334
if only LIS had graphics as good as Remember Me. talk about a cutback in that department.
>>
I remember playing this shit and being amazed by how good the presentation was in the first act. It was the first game that truly felt "next-gen" to me. Then the actual fighting came and I couldn't believeI was playing the same fucking game. It was ridiculous. It was fun for what it was, but definitely not memorable
>>
>>340475587
I got bored
>>
>>340475587
only thing that kept me playing was unlocking the concept art
>>
>>340475587
I liked it, but the story was so unmotivated. Had more competent writers been at the helm then I think it would've been higher regarded.

Despite being another "Arkham" style combat system, it was very satisfying and the upgrades weren't bad at all.
>>
>>340475587
Too forgettable.
>>
>>340476334
Eeeeeehhhh

It was comfy that's for sure. The dialogue/writing was shit to the point of hilarity though

>bro dude swaggers
>you deserve the best stationery
>Hella toke amirite
>that ending
>>
>female protagonist

Not even girls want to play it because they rather play a hunk of meat that takes them to the land of a million dicks cumming on their faces in their fantasies.
>>
>>340475587
Like every ubisoft game, the art department is fantastic while every other, especially direction, is utterly mediocre.
>>
Do you remember who i am?
>>
>>340475587
You're gonna have to refresh my memory.
>>
>>340476334
I really, really shouldn't have enjoyed LIS as much as I did after completing it a couple of days ago.

>Bad ending
>Borderline cringe dialogue
>That horrible lip syncing

Guess I just enjoy feelings.
>>
The fighting system was kinda shit. The story went down the shitter after you find out who her parents are. The ending was especially dumb, and the last boss was shit.

Amazing art direction and music, though. Seriously A+ on that front.
>>
>>340475587

It was brought down by a terrible english VA (some people are too dumb to switch to the native French). Combat was just clunky, unpolished Arkham-style. Also not enough remixes (only 4 or 5 in the whole game iirc).

That being said the soundtrack and world design were GOAT. Also the Madame boss fight was incredible.
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>340475587
The fact that they still allowed an idiot to direct Episode 5 of Life is Strange
>>
>Hire good artists
>Don't hire good engineers or designers
>>
>>340475587
>mulatto MC
>multi-racial parents
I guess SJWs didn't remember her.
>>
>>340475906
>>340476029
Agreed. I'd say combat was actually "alright" but it wasn't as smooth as games it was obviously trying to imitate and innovate on.

I think the worse thing was that it was largely a very linear game. Lots of "promise" all around that turns out to not be meaningful. You'd think some of the earlier stages in the city would matter and set the stage, but they don't. They just create invisible walls. It was very linear. Everything you needed to jump on had a nice orange glow.

The game was nothing like we were originally promised. All the memory altering stuff became way too much for the devs and they turned them into silly puzzles. I wouldn't actually mind a sequel though, if they improved on the fighting and the story. This is a game that definitely calls for branching questlines.
>>
i thought this game was pretty dank. music was good, and i loved the memory remixes.
>>
honestly she was too strong g and they focused on the wrong thing

The combat was weak. The fights ended up keeping 3 combos that you spammed Game was linear with no puzzles

The really cool remixing mechanic they advertised for the game happens about 3 times. Those parts were neat but they definitely should have been the focus of the game

The game would have been s million times better as a stealth game where she would remix to get herself out of situations. Perhaps there were different ways to remix where it had a good effect or o e with a horrible effect but was easier.

Having a story where she is escaping, then is on the run, stumbles onto mega zombies then infiltrates a mega corporation should not be an action game with combos.

It should have been a stealth game with puzzles
>>
File: remember.jpg (239 KB, 1210x652) Image search: [Google]
remember.jpg
239 KB, 1210x652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQDr5Bz9Tc4
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.