[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1433590638628.jpg (74 KB, 707x682) Image search: [Google]
1433590638628.jpg
74 KB, 707x682
>Inside an Inn
>Jar
>Wolf Claw
>Apple
>Cloth
>Silver coin
>Beer Pint
>Restoration potion
>Boots
>Animal Skin
>Rusty dagger
>Grapes
>Oil
>Pile of Stones
>Raw meat

You can literally pick all that shit up for whatever reason and most wont do anything except for sell, or craft a potion you can buy anyway because of "muh immersion, you can do whatever you want in this world".

Do games still meme this hard? I remember being really surprised when first playing Oblivion and realizing you can literally do all that, but it quicky became very awkward and ended up just being a showoff feature from muh next gen title. Havent played The Witcher games though.
>>
In Fallout 4, literally everything can be scrapped and used to craft stuff.

>Inb4 Fallout 4 isn't an RPG
>>
>>340467478
Fallout 4 :^)
>>
I think Gothic is arguably worse than the Witcher in this aspect
>>
>>340467757
I disagree because I ate every single item I picked up to heal and some of them even give stat bonuses. I also liked how simplistic the crafting system was.
>>
>>340467273
this is a throwback from old text based rpg's. its called being an object oriented rpg.
>>
>wolf claw
Why is this a thing?
>>
>>340467273
Shit pissed me off in Bethesda games.

>try to grab a useful item off a table/floor/whatever end up picking up 5 pieces of pointless junk

That shit is just clutter and isn't even immersive as most of the time it just glitches in some ridiculous way.
>>
>>340467273

I love my worlds completely void of everything besides what is completely necessary to the plot or a direct upgrade to MAI STATS.
>>
>>340468303
This, with a lot of old text RPGs you could Throw anything in your inventory.
Leads to some pretty hilarious situations too
>mfw I one-shot a Beholder with a health potion
>>
>>340470315
This ain't black and white. I don't mind if a game has a lot of items and materials, but if they only serve a superficial purpose at best and at worst clutter up your inventory the game can do without it.
>>
>>340470218
>enter room
>plates and cutlery instantly fly violently around
>>
How bad is this in Dragon's Dogma?
>>
>>340472286
Virtually non existent, you can really only pick up monster parts.
>>
>>340472286
Not so bad. There are a couple areas with clutter, but the biggest problem is all the useless shit you will get from chests and the majority of useless crafted items. I would have prefered if the restorative items were based on % instead of flat healing, would have made early game items at least somewhat useful when you're character was level +100.
>>
>>340472286
I dont understand this gripe. like what is your problem with objects being able to be collected and placed around your house and world.
>>
>>340474184
Because its usually just garbage that you get to move around. I wouldn't mind if I could move significant items around, like benches or beds, and actually re-design the space, not just push junk around.
>>
>>340474729
so leave it there. some of us like to do autistic shit in these games. rpg's has always been about that.
>>
File: 12286-5-1331062476.jpg (263 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
12286-5-1331062476.jpg
263 KB, 1366x768
>>340475251

My main issue is that it feels overwhelming, and since you dont know any of the game yet why would you even be gathering around random stuff only because it "might work for something eventually i guess".
>>
File: the end.gif (3 MB, 388x217) Image search: [Google]
the end.gif
3 MB, 388x217
>>340467273
>Spend hours carefully arranging food on plates on a table, putting alcohol bottles and potions on shelves, putting alchemy ingredients in bowls around the alchemy table, putting soul gems on the shelf above the enchanting table, arranging my trinkets and things around the room so they're properly displayed, etc
>Actually looks nice and cozy when I'm finished
>Get immersed in the game and feel like I have a house for real
>Leave and quickly re-enter because I forgot something
>Literally EVERYTHING bugged and exploded around the room like the game threw a fucking temper tantrum
>>
File: 1465167326160.gif (485 KB, 266x168) Image search: [Google]
1465167326160.gif
485 KB, 266x168
>>340476384
FUCK
>>
>>340473293
>>340474184
It's because most people here are completionist hording autists that bring home empty altoids tins to put stuff in but never actually do that.
>>
>>340476329
what are you a woman or something?
>>
>>340477232
I'm one of those people. I love filling my houses with treasure. its rpg heaven.
>>
File: 1436588955714.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1436588955714.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>tfw having one of every misc item at my safehouse
>tfw having a pair of every weapon and gear stored too
>>
>>340478751
But its not treasure, its junk. Don't tell me you picked up every piece of cutlery in skyrim and dumped it in you house? Of course you didn't because it was all garbage that didn't even need to be interactable. All the garbage did was break immersion by glitching out every time you entered an area or got in your way when you tried to actually interact with something useful.
>>
>>340479003
mfw pile of dragon bones in my yard that would make a graybeard cry.
>>
>>340479637
thats the point. you need to know whats worth something. its part of the game.
>>
>>340479805
The point was to glitch out and be annoying?
>>
>Blood & Wine adds a shitton of new food items
>Now my inventory is permanently clogged with every kind of fruit and vegetable imaginable
>Started selling food to innkeepers because I still have 50 each of honeycombs, raw meat, bread, and water
>>
>>340480217
shit moves a little. mods fix it though.
>>
>>340476384
This shit is the worst

>Put some stuff inside one of the display cases in my house in Skyrim
>Put a statuette on a table
>Even use the console to lock the case for the full effect
>Leave
>Come back later
>Items in the case explode out through the glass
>Statuette falls through the table and floor and disappears
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.