[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watchdogs 2 reveled before E3 >CoD: IW revealed before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1452425245155.jpg (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452425245155.jpg
57 KB, 300x300
>Watchdogs 2 reveled before E3
>CoD: IW revealed before E3
>Battlefield 1 revealed before E3
>Paper Mario: Color Splash reveled before E3

>EA drops out of E3 for their own show
>Nintendo barely even having a showing
>Even Disney gave E3 the finger

Is E3 dying?
>>
E3 is not about video games but CEOs and COOs making presentations to journalists and marketers.

Avoiding E3 also allows them to avoid the drama, mishaps and uncoordination that has plagued every E3 since 2004
>>
Vidya is dying.
>>
>>340447276
>CoD: IW revealed before E3

Call of Duty is always revealed way before E3 but yeah it's weird that the others are doing it a week before.
>>
I want to bamboozle that bunny.
>>
>>340447718
But that's why we watch it.
>>
>>340447970

Oh for sure.

But the companies no longer want to be associated with this mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUXCr8duIGM
>>
>>340447276
Are videogames still a thing?
No seriously
Retrogaming is better than ever
>>
>>340447826
Not this
>>
>>340447276

Business-fag here. I'm not in marketing but I have to deal with marketing regularly. Companies now what to create the narrative and not share the spotlight.

Here's the issue. You're the CEO of a company and you have this big product you want to unveil. At a tradeshow you're given a certain timeslot. Let's say your section in on Day 2 at 9AM. Competitors on Day 1 or later in Day 2 or other days could reveal something that totally makes the media ignore your announcement.

In addition, you don't have full control of the audience or cameras or journalists allowed in. Even if other companies don't have complete blowout products unveiled, they're still competing with you for attention. There's a lot of news in a short timeframe. Companies want control, trade shows like E3 take control away from the companies thus why they're losing the big names.
>>
>>340448541
This doesn't explain anything though because the format has been roughly the same until this year
>>
>>340448541
Easier to just blame the media
>>
Gamescom in Europe has long taken E3's place as the go-to games convention for the casual (i.e. consumer) market
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.