[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motion Blur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Blur2.png (838 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Blur2.png
838 KB, 1280x720
Has there been any game that implemented Motion Blur well?

I always turn it off, it's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>340444240
I'll use it to hide tearing if a game has issues with vsync.
>>
>>340444240
racing games I suppose

but only when you're going really fast
>>
File: Screenshot1024599.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot1024599.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
DooM 2016, Warframe, Crysis are all good examples.

Note that all of them use per-object motion blur extensively, and not just cheap shitty camera blur or the shitty approximation that UE3 games got.

That motion blur is literally the only reason 24 FPS video looks any good. Respect the motion blur.
>>
>>340444240
dark souls 2
>>
>>340444240
Crysis 1 with it's dynamic motion blur. It doesn't blur the screen, just the things that are moving relatively fast from your view.

It was kinda graphics intensive so the removed it in the next iteration of the engine and was never seen of again.
>>
File: lady2.webm (3 MB, 680x480) Image search: [Google]
lady2.webm
3 MB, 680x480
Fucking Portal has really good motion blur. I like the blur in Prince of Persia PS3 too. DMC4:SE motion blur is terrible, but it at least blurs the character model.
>>
>>340444240
motion blur only works out if you are using VR shit. Otherwise its just fucking annoying and awkward since we aren't moving our head/eyes around to experience blur
>>
>>340446673
>Otherwise its just fucking annoying and awkward since we aren't moving our head/eyes around to experience blur
I can tell you've never once paused a camera-recorded video in your life.
>>
>>340444240
bloodborne.
Also its a way to mask the 30 fps (make it like 24 fps movies). I think thats why dev love that.
>>
>>340444240
The new Ratchet and Clank. Environments are a bit plain, but it looks great in motion, especially with the lighting.
>>
Motion blur is a natural phenomena that doesn't need to be simulated. It's the first setting I look for and turn off.
>>
motion blur =/= turn blur

turn blur is cheap and ugly crap

motion blur might be good, but fuck graphics anyway

gameplay
story
music
graphics - todays graphics are great, quit focusing on these, improve the first 3 instead

but quit fucking dropping the ball on frame rates
>>
>>340446982
>camera recording is real life

full retard
>>
I don't know why people have an issue with motion blur, do they not understand it's literally how their own eyes work in the real world?
>>
>>340444240
This ps4 racing game I forget name, UE4 have nice blur so any game on it too.
>>
>>340448104

we don't need 2 sets of motion blur senpai
>>
File: LuJpXmP.gif (706 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
LuJpXmP.gif
706 KB, 400x450
Still hoping that 48fps catches on for movies. Motion blur is just use to simulate fluid movement, why do that when we can just film at a higher framerate and not worry about blurry scenes and judder?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.