[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>devil may cry dead >resident evil dead >metal gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: pikasad.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pikasad.jpg
28 KB, 1280x720
>devil may cry dead
>resident evil dead
>metal gear solid dead
>tekken dead
>wipeout dead
>silent hill dead
>platformers dead
>rts games dead
>vr dead on arrival

I... I think it might be time for me to finally leave this hobby for a while. Only worthwhile vidya I played in the last five years was Souls shit and Witcher series.
>>
All those series sucked though.

Good things don't die.
>>
>he only played Konami and Capcom games
>>
>Tekken dead
What?
>>
>>340435164
>things should live forever
No
Fuck you and your western upbringing and your neediness to hang on for dear life whatever may be fleeting because you don't have enough new things coming into your life as the old ones die out.

the same can be said for every developer who strikes out after getting lucky on a new franchise and milked it into the ground till you had to start running it through a fucking cold press to extract nourishment
>>
File: images-63.jpg (18 KB, 415x354) Image search: [Google]
images-63.jpg
18 KB, 415x354
>>340435164
>RTS dead
>>
>>340435164
To turn this thread around, what are some game genres that are up & coming or doing well?
>>
File: 6ZJEUGJ.png (10 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
6ZJEUGJ.png
10 KB, 543x405
>>340436040
the fuck
>>
>>340435164
>platformers dead
nigga were getting Yooka-Laylee
>>
>>340435164
Resident Evil is not dead. You wish it was, OP. One of your favorite series will continue to get raped next week.
>>
>>340435164
no, it is time to embrace /vr/ and live in bliss
>>
>>340435164
>platformers dead
Shovel Knight, Shanty, Yooka-Laylee
>DMC dead
Wasn't the point of releasing DMC4SE and DmCDE to see which would sell more so they would know what direction they wanted to take the series? 4SE sold more. There's still hope, anon.
>RTSs dead
Good.
>>
>>340435164
>devil may cry dead
nothing of value was lost, play bayonetta.
>resident evil dead
crapcom still pulling thing's out if it's ass
>metal gear solid dead
should've died with solid snake.
>tekken dead
lie
>wipeout dead
debateable
>silent hill dead
konami might pull something out of it's ass too in the near future, be on the lookout
>platformers dead
good
>rts games dead
blatant lie
>vr dead on arrival
also debateable
>>
Sometimes it's best to let things go.
>>
>>340436742
Sup
>>
>>340435337
Yeah sort of like Metroid and F-Zero
>>
Metal Gear Solid got one last great game (fuck off contrarian memers) to wash away the stain of MGS4, at the very least

Resident Evil 2 is getting a remake and I hope they don't fuck that up. Devil May Cry is all but confirmed to be getting a sequel too; Capcom realizes how much goodwill they've destroyed in these past few years and they're trying to course-correct
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.