[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bravely Default comes out to near universal praise, ends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: BS_Magnolia_Arch.png (170 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
BS_Magnolia_Arch.png
170 KB, 250x354
>Bravely Default comes out to near universal praise, ends with a scene where an awesome mystery girl appears and rescues the "dead" main character in a futuristic laboratory
>Sequel comes out
>Turns out she's just a lovestruck doughy idiot, the lab is the modern day, and the scene is awkwardly placed where neither of her allies help her rescue you for no reason
>Contradictions and plot holes for no reason
>Weird unnecessary shit that isn't really a plot hole but damages the story anyway
>None of the new characters are as cool as the old ones
>Ringabel only shows up for five minutes in an optional sidequest at the end
10/10 final boss, though.
>>
How do those shoes work?
>>
>>340418952
Poorly.
>>
>>340418807
>Ringabel only shows up for five minutes in an option sidequest at the end
I wish they had done more with him. He's a great character.
can't wait for when he returns in third though
>>
>>340418807
I liked Ouroboros better, but the "breaking the 4th wall" part was really good
Rip Denys
>Ringabel only shows up for five minutes in an optional sidequest at the end
he's also the one who speaks in the prologue, maybe we'll have him and 3 other guys as new protagonists
>>
>>340420698
It'll be Ringabel, Agnes, Tiz, and Magnolia so that every character gets two games.
>>
>>340420829
Agnes and Tiz will be too busy repopulating Norende, same goes with Yew and Magnolia. All four are basically going to get married and hopefully settle down.
>>
How do I not get rekt by the Ba'al on Fort Lune?
>>
File: 250px-094Gengar.png (58 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-094Gengar.png
58 KB, 250x250
>>340421561
you either wreck the ba'als with airships or just go with a team of three ghosts that cast unlimited magic and a tank that takes literally no damage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2XY1_Bggzk
level 99 Ba'als are rather easy with this
>>
File: 1461153151088.jpg (15 KB, 221x263) Image search: [Google]
1461153151088.jpg
15 KB, 221x263
>>340421007
I'm sure Tiz and Agnes will be in the party. Tiz has nothing to do but raise sheep and Agnes is relieved of her duties in the Orthodoxy.
Yew and Magnolia will probably be left out though.

I have feeling they're gonna end up bringing the old party back together for the third game.
>>
>>340418807
Having Ringabel be there for the entire game would be cop out. Nigga in another planet.
>>
>>340422119
Alright time to show those ba'als the meaning of air superiority
>>
>>340425068
it may take some time but you can get level 99's to level 30 in a night if you have powerful streetpass ships
>>
I loved the first game but I just couldn't get into this at all
Maybe I'm just not up for a grind anymore
>>
>>340427054
wasn't default harder to grind?
>>
>>340426371
I don't have any streetpass ships.
>>
>>340418807
>universal praise
Yeah maybe after Chapter 1, but it fucking sucked for the majority being a disjointed mess of a story, character plot lines, useless jobs as filler, easy post game, terrible dungeon design, etc.

Seriously, it was a below average clone of older FF games praised due to being the only support the console really got from Square. Otherwise it just rips from 4 Heroes of Light and Classic FF to make a forgettable experience full of street pass filller and recycled content.
>>
>>340427295
update your game online and add some friends, you'll eventually get other ships
>>
>>340427235
Default is the easiest game to grind.
>>
Is Summoner still shit or did they improve it?
>>
>>340429094
Summoner is literally one of the best classes.
I had Magnolia as a Summoner/Wizard for the entire game pretty much.

Summon spell that the enemy/boss is weak to + Rain from the Wizard class = the boss dies in 2 rounds. Almost always. It's broken as shit.

Also remember how Summoner and Conjurer were two different jobs in BD? Yeah, they're both one and the same now.

Summoner class is top tier.
>>
File: Nikolai.png (241 KB, 1266x866) Image search: [Google]
Nikolai.png
241 KB, 1266x866
>>340418807
Nikolai & Janne should have been party members instead of Tiz & Edea.
I love Edea and all, and Tiz ins't too bad either, but they played it a bit safe by adding them instead of having a totally new cast.

I'll say this again, for good measure. Nikolai & Janne should have been party members.
>>
>>340429923
>Nikolai dressed as a Red Mage, Preformer, etc

that would've been something
>>
>>340430416
>Nikolai as a Valkyria
We know why they didn't use Nikolai and Jeanne: different body types. They probably made a body model exclusive for Ringabel as well since he's way taller than the protagonists in this game
>>
>>340421561
>get level 11 thief
>get the Firstborn ba'al
>steal heavenly buns from it indefinitely
>>
>>340429458
>Summon spell that the enemy/boss is weak to + Rain
Pfffft. Try Meteor Rain + Echo.
Summoner was shit tier in BD it remained shit tier in BS.
>>
>>340432631
>Meteor Rain
>Better than Summon + Rain
Clearly you don't know shit. Meteor Rain had fuck all on hitting a fire weak boss with Promethean Rain.
>>
We had this exact thread yesterday.

>>340433606
Can Summoners even use spellcraft?
>>
>>340433880
wizard with summon subjob
or summoner with spellcraft ability
>>
>>340433606
>muh weakpoints
Clearly you don't know shit. You don't need to hit weakpoints if you hit for damage cap already. And what summon are you gonna use on a light-weak enemy?
>>
>>340418807
The story for the first game was pretty bad, what did you expect from the second game?
>>
>>340434141
>You don't need to hit weakpoints if you hit for damage cap already.
That's bullshit though and you know it. I have the game right here and meteor rain does around 6k damage per hit on normal run of the mill random encounters. Even less on Ba'als.

>And what summon are you gonna use on a light-weak enemy?
Susanoo :^)

Besides, elemental damage always has the advantage since there's the elemental banes which actually do make Summon + Rain do 9999 per hit.
That can go well over the damage cap if you use a fire bane ability on an enemy that is already weak to fire.
>>
>>340427479

>after chapter 1

How much a of a miserable person do you have to be? It was solid all the way up until chapter 5, and the final chapter was great. Most jobs were from earlier Final Fantasy games too, or derivatives of them, so I don't see how you couldn't make use of them unless this is your first actual experience with using jobs.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.