[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going to a job interview this thursday. The job is to sell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Gamestop.jpg (132 KB, 799x500) Image search: [Google]
Gamestop.jpg
132 KB, 799x500
I am going to a job interview this thursday.

The job is to sell games, consoles and smartphones, console and smartphone equipment and smartphone support.

I basically need to know what is new and popular on every console + PC and what WILL be popular and new soon. Also console news and whatnot. Basically what normies play and buy these days.

Same for phones I guess.

I only play shit like dorf fortress and roguelikes with the occasional F2P game so I have no idea what's good but I need to impress.

Please help me /v/ you are my only hope.

Also the shop isn't really Gamestop but everyone knows this so thats why I used a pic of it.
>>
Don't worry, you won't need to know any of that
>>
>>340415116
How come?
>>
>>340415116
this pretty much
Show them you are a good sales person and they will hire you.

no 1 cares if you play games or not , whats important is if you can sell them all to the idiots.
>>
>>340414996
If the job interview if for GameStop we don't ask you about what's popular just what you like. It's mostly a gauge of "does this person play games or do they say they play games." Whatever you filled out on the back portion of your application is what you'll be asked about.
>>
>>340415313
selling isn't a part of the job. No one comes into gamestop to get something that related. They've made the sale themselves. We're specifically told in some cases to leave a customer alone after the basic how are you what can I help you find greeting.
>>
>>340415385
Well I wrote to them that I played the "Call of Duty series" and "Battlefield series" although I only played CoD 1-2 and same with Battlefield.
>>
>>340415385
Yeah, I don't even ask questions about video games. The question sheet has things like "Name something you've done that you're proud of", "Name three reasons you would make a good fit here" and just dumb shit like that. At least at Gamestop we don't care if you know games, just that you're attractive.
>>
>>340415648
You'll probably be asked what you like about them and if the application is still the same ( I haven't looked at one in some time) you'll be asked about what you wrote under the 'hardware and software knowledge' section
>>
>>340415731
i am not sure that I can pull off the neat and clean look metrosexual look. I am a skinny nerd with huge circles under eyes so I dont think ill be getting the job. Even though it is not Gamestop.

>>340415942
I kind of wrote that because I know english perfectly I can easily find out and learn new things about the current world of technology. The game shop is in slav land btw.
>>
>>340416146
How many people are they trying to hire? I only got in because it was the holidays and they were hiring like twenty people, and the competition would talk on the phone and text the entire time.
>>
>>340416530
Wel on the site where I sent my CV from they listed 50-100 but I think the guy on the phone mentioned I got into the "inner circle" of candidates so who the fuck knows.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.