[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick! Name an SRPG that >has loads of classes >requires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Quick! Name an SRPG that
>has loads of classes
>requires tactics and not just grinding
>is balanced
>is better than pic related

Protip: i hope you can because i need something new to play
>>
Fire Emblem maybe?

Disgaea is good, but it's a bit grindy.

>tfw you have little srpg experience
>>
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters. You really should play it if you liked Phantom Brave.
>>
>>340405058
I've heard of that, i'll give it a go.

>>340404931
Eh fire emblem was never my thing.
>>
>>340405153
Understandable.

My only knowledge of SRPGS is FE and some NIS games. Maybe try Makai Kingdom, that one's obscure, but I don't know how balances it is.
>>
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together & The Knight of Lodis
Disgaea 4/5 (though grinding IS necessary for postgame)
Most Fire Emblem and Advance War games from the GBA entries onwards
XCOM: Enemy Within & 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1+2 (no class system, you customize units by selecting skills/passives and arming them with demons tho)
>>
File: oispa kaljaa.jpg (24 KB, 412x337) Image search: [Google]
oispa kaljaa.jpg
24 KB, 412x337
>>340404702

Final Fantasy Tactics
>loads of classes
Something like 20

>requires tactics
Random encounters scale to your squad level. The story doesn't, but there are autist modders who have created patches (like FFT 1.3) that make the game much more difficult. You'd have to patch the ISO and play emulated on PC though.

>is balanced
Not with T.G. Cid in the picture

>better than Phantom Brave
Not too hard to outdo a NIS game.
>>
>>340405391
>(though grinding IS necessary for postgame)
Rather obviously IMO.

If you dont need grinding for the postgame, it's just endgame i think.
>>
>>340404702
Shining Force 3
>>
>>340404702
They're not SRPGs but you might like the Etrian Odyssey series since they qualify for at least three of your points.
>>
>>340405391
>>340405441
I'll give WotL a go, also thanks for the other reqs.
>>
>>340404702
Soul Nomad is the best answer

Check music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25lWdMA2ec
>>
>>340406178

You get T.G. Cid sometime in Chapter 3 or 4, and he's an overpowered character, but you don't necessarily have to use him in your party.

It's not shameful to use him on your first playthrough of the game, but a lot of people don't use him on their 2nd+.

One thing about FFT is that you should alternate save files. There's a point midway through the game that can fuck you in the ass if you only save in one slot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.