[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm scared, /v/. MMOs have been my life since I was 8 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 659349.jpg (338 KB, 3200x2003) Image search: [Google]
659349.jpg
338 KB, 3200x2003
I'm scared, /v/.

MMOs have been my life since I was 8 years old.

I keep trying to play them now, but I just see their flaws everywhere.

>WoW
Grind for hours to grind more. Community is awesome, but I don't want to dungeon run just to dungeon run better.

>Guild Wars 2
Cash grabs literally everywhere.

Want to change how your character looks? Money please.

Want to change how your gear looks? Money please

Want to get ANY of the new armors or weapons that get put out regularly? Money please.

>Elder Scrolls Online
Fails at being an Elder Scrolls game, but is to single player for it to be considered a good MMO.

I'm about to move into my own place. I have a job. I'm starting my life. I want video games in that life.

Should I leave MMOs behind me?
>>
>since I was 8 years old
>literal wowbabby
>>
MMOs are in the gutter at the moment. Very few are actually worth playing, and those few are all at least a decade old.
>>
is this another fucking sandbox thread
>>
>>340403725
> WoW
> community is awesome

fuck off. just fuck right off
>>
>didn't even know what a computer was when I was 8
Is there an age limit to posting on this website?
>>
>>340403725
>I have a job. I'm starting my life
wagecuck
>>
>>340404287
What do you do for a living?
>>
>>340404342
Have other people pay for everything.
>>
Focus on your job, even if it seems boring and silly. If the complexities of the tasks are not interesting, then focus on the relationships instead. Literally every improvement in my life has been thanks to relationships and friendships Ive made (have a good job and work part time and spend a lot of time doing what I like.) You never know who is going to call you later for the next, better job, or invite you to do something cool, or introduce you to the love of your life.

Did MMOs teach you or gave you hints on how to be more social? I never play them, so I don't know
>>
>>340404487
I'm tempted to cut off my leg in an... "Accident." Would this have the same effect?
>>
>>340404818
>Did MMOs teach you or gave you hints on how to be more social?

I'd like to think they did. I was the guild raid organizer for a few years in WoW.
>>
>>340404818
Not him, but MMO's taught me two things:
1. How to lie convincingly
2. How to cause as much grief as possible within the rules of the game

It's probably what I owe all my professional success to.
>>
Focus on the job, OP. A good MMO will come out within the next few years. Maybe you're just experiencing burnout?
>>
>>340403725
i think you should leave behind anime
>>
>>340407015
But Anime isn't boring to me. It, along with a few TV shows are like the only things that hard-core keep me entertained.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.